Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extassis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
Buddha72
Happy Monday all!!

Hope you all had a great weekend. Don't forget to add your weekly point of karma to your characters.
Buddha72
Hey all!!

The posting to this thread has dropped off, so what's going on? I can get a reply fomr people still watching this thread and some input on what I need to do to get this beast back up and running?
Thanks!
Tashio
Hey still here, I think we're basicaly waiting for a bump to the meet, unless anything else nasty shows up on the patrol.
BishopMcQ
Waiting in the wings for the barrens crew to finish up.
Cedric Rolfsson
I'm waiting I think, if I need to post let me know but I think I'm just waiting.
Nikoli
I'm still here
Fenris
Still here wink.gif

And pushing the issue IC.
Buddha72
Hey all sorry for the drop off, for you that don't know I'm in the middle of trying to adopt right now so I occasionally lose chunks of time to that (forms, classes, etc) but I am back now.

I need Percepton tests from everyone in the roller rink. Fenris I saw the post of opening to the astral, throw me some assensing dice as well.

BishopMcQ formerly McQuillan - How do normally get connacted by your contacts? Or by the Society?
BishopMcQ
You can just use McQ if it's easier... Generally via cell-phone. For non-urgent matters, Mynce grabs me when I come into the office to train our people.
Fenris
Astral perception: 10, 5, 2, 2, 2, 1

Assensing: 9, 5, 5, 4, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1
Nikoli
Good luck with the adoption Buddha
Buddha72
Thanks! It's a lot of classes and paperwork but so far so good.

Happy Monday all!! Please be sure to add your daily drip of karma for the week and let me know of any changes you make to your character. To keep you all in the loop I will be puppet mastering Moira and Havoc since I can't seem to get a response from either player through posts and PMs.

I will be throwing up an IC post later today after I get back from morning errands. biggrin.gif
Buddha72
Will give one more day for Perception rolls from the others then bumping along tomorrow.
BishopMcQ
Using Selective Sound Filter to filter out any noise from my side of the line.

Perception Test (Audio, all TNs at -2)
11 08 08 05 04 03 02 02 01

Trying to determine if anyone else is in the room with Sully, their numbers and disposition. (ie, several bodies moaning after getting trashed by Sully, a few people breathing calmly holding a gun to her head, etc)
Cedric Rolfsson
Sorry,

Perceptions:

I've got hearing amplification if it applies.

05, 04, 02, 02, 11

I didn't roll exta for the hearing dice I've also got motion sense if that helps.
Nikoli
Who do you need them from?
Also, I'm int eh process of migrating to my new PC, so things may slow down from me.
Apologies all around
Buddha72
My apologies, I was asking for rolls from the people heading into the rink but feel free to roll for any drones you have deployed or the van's sensors.
Tashio
Hiroto Perception

Normal: 1 2 3 9 9 9
Sound Filter 5: 1 3 4 7 10

Astral: 1 1 4 5 5 10
Buddha72
Happy Belated Monday All!!

I will be posting tomorrow morning, sorry for the delay but the front end of my week is a little busy but things slow down come Wednesday morning. smile.gif
BishopMcQ
Sorry I'm running a little behind myself...looking for info about Raja Khan

Magical threats
19 09 04 03 03 01

Magic Background
05 04 03 01
Nikoli
Haven't gotten everything migrated over. I'll have the last parts here soon enough. It's a sad thing when you favorite PC dies, but it's less sad when you new one was up and operational slightly beforehand.
Buddha72
BishopMcQ

The name doesn't seem to have any connections to anything magical or supernatural. Do you have any street knowledge skills or criminal groups (gangs, etc)?
BishopMcQ
Sadly my knowledge skills focus around magical threats, paracritters and magical theory.
Buddha72
Happy Monday all!

No problem I'm certain when you all get back together in the IC thread you'll find someone to help you fill in the blanks. biggrin.gif
BishopMcQ
Perception Test (Audio, all TNs at -2)
11 07 05 05 04 04 03 01 01

Stealth (Complementary)
09 08 05 05 05 04 03 03 01 01 01

When was the last time that Shiver saw/heard Havoc?
Buddha72
He had claimed a shower in the waiting list and had retired to a room to catch some sleep.
Buddha72
Happy Monday all!

I will be bumping the thread tomorrow morning so keep an eye out. biggrin.gif
BishopMcQ
Somehow I knew the drips weren't just a wet towel...posting soon-ish.
Fenris
Assensing our friend, Mr. Creepy of the long tongue: 1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 4, 5, 8

Should be enough successes, regardless of any astral weirdness about locations and background counts or whatever ;D
Buddha72
You have the signature of Mr. Creepy and he has no implants of any sort and is suffered from a disease (go ahead and guess wink.gif ). His current emotional state is curiousity about you and there is a faint but everpresent feeling of hunger.
Fenris
Curious about what I taste like, I'm sure.

Okay, so to help keep things flowing, is there anything else that anyone else wants to do before we move to the actual night of the party and the end of this what, 3 year long shadowrun? ;D

General plan is to ambush Michael in the club on his birthday, destroy the focus, then kill him, then we leave.

One thing to keep in mind is that we need to make it as clear as possible that what's going on involves Michael personally and not the group. Because it's a group of Adversary shamans, we don't expect them to get involved if it's not about them, especially not once we destroy the focus. I'd rather not have to fight the entire circle at once.

General tasks are as follows:

Moira - Will sing and wrap whatever spells she can into the songs to try and keep the crowd complacent and quiet will the actual ambush takes place.

Shiver - engage Michael Nelson with the sole focus of destroying the foci from his patron. Nothing we've seen so far indicates Michael is any kind of wiz melee guy, but of course, be careful wink.gif

Hiroto / Aaron - You two will engage Zuzana, Michael's body guard. We've assensed her before, and she's a serious physical adept, no joke and nothing to play with. Hit her hard and drop her fast if you can, otherwise just keep her busy and off Shiver.

Murrey - Keep an eye on the outside. Watch for runners, watch for Lonestar, and keep the exit path clear. If you can put a drone or two inside to help us keep track of the circle members, even better.

Bakatare - magical support. I'll be keeping an eye out on the astral, dropping support spells where I can, keeping up the spell defense, and countering spirits and elementals.

Any questions?
Nikoli
I have a spider drone and a Felix, neither would go well with the crowd.

He's not much for crowd surveilance. As riggers go, think the great grandson of the transporter and you're close.
If it's on wheels, I'm your man.
Not so good with flight though, unless you count making the cars jumps.
BishopMcQ
Yellow text is spoken in Japanese.

Magical threats
11 05 05 04 03 02

Magic Background
09 04 02 01

Does this look similar to a victim of a Manabolt or Powerbolt? Internal bleeding and ruptured organs causing external hemorraghing or are their weapon marks and someone netherwalked into the room?

Also, is the window/door to the balcony open at the moment? If closed, is it locked?

Fenris--Plan works for me.
Buddha72
Good morning all (for those of you in the same time zone as me) and happy Monday all!

Add your weekly drip of karma for the week. You all may want to look over your characters and spend some karma for the big night at the Body Bag, just make sure to send me any changes so I can keep my records current. biggrin.gif
Tashio
Suppose now would be a good time to burn some karma, I think its reached obout 70 or so now, keep forgetting to write it down. Yay for recalculation # 3, back from 11 Nov 2005
Blitz
Hello Hello my friends smile.gif

Sorry to have been gone so long but a lot of stuff has been going on. Buddha invited me back to finish up this run and Im glad he did. Its one of the best DS has seen and Im glad I didn't miss out on the conclusion!
Fenris
Assenssing on that spell to back up my proclamation (Int 6 + 3 Aura Reading + 4 Initiate) (1 karma): 13, 11, 9, 8, 8, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1
Buddha72
Ok here's everything that Havoc had with him at the apartment, do with it what you will.

Weapons:
FN HAR Assault Rifle
-Sling

2 Colt Manhunter Pistols
-Under Barrel Weights -2 Silencers -2 Concealable Quickdraw Holsters
-2 Standard Quickdraw Holsters

Ammunition:
-10 35-round magazines Regular -4 35-round magazines Explosive
-4 35-round magazines Gel

-10 16-round magazines Regular -4 16-round magazines Explosive
-4 16-round magazines Gel

-1000 Regular Rounds -300 Explosive Rounds
-300 Gel Rounds

Armor:
Forearm Guards
2 Sets of Secure Clothing
Secure Ultra Vest
2 Secure Long Coats
Secure Jacket
2 Form-Fitting Half-Body Suits
-2 Chem Seal Rating 9 -2 Thermal Damp Rating 5
Form-Fitting Full Suit
-Chem Seal Rating 9 -Thermal Damp Rating 5

Gear:
Micro Transceiver lvl. 4
Wrist Phone with Flip-up Screen
Pager
10 Sets Ordinary Clothing
1 Set Fine Clothing
Pocket Flashlight
Electronics Toolkit
2 Stim Patches lvl. 4
Basic Medkit
2 Medkit Supplies
Platinum DocWagon Contract
Respirator
2 Load Bearing Harnesses
12 Pistol Ammo Pouches
12 Rifle Ammo Pouches
4 Small Equipment Pouches
2 Large Equipment Pouches
Small Military Rucksack
Buddha72
Ok all the next part is the actual plan for the night of the party, my intention is to bump along to the actual event shortly. I am assuming you'll all want to find out who Raja Khan and why he whacked one of you and was planning on doing the rest. Was there anything else you all need for the night of the job?

Let me know.
Buddha72
Happy Monday All!

An FYI, I will be out of town starting tomorrow (Tuesday) and won't be back till the following Sunday so you all have the week off from the thread. Feel free to post RPing stuff in my asbence in the IC thread. When I get back I would really love to get the planning for the night of the run and the conclusion of this thread going. We're so close now and I would love to see this finish up.

After the run finishes the next big question is whether to continue the thread onto the next run or not. I am up for it but I think I would like to convert to SR4 with the new run. You all have a ton of options. Playing the same character or starting with a new concept. I would probably bump the timeline forward to put it in sync with SR4 base setting so it would give you a chance to add some more history to your character as they went through the giants changes preceeding the SR4 setting. In another thread, several people played the descendants of their previous characters or even turning them into mentors/contacts for the next generation. Ideas abound so give it some thought and let me know.

Have a great week and I'll see ya all next Monday!
Buddha72
Ok vacation is all over and it was great!

Ok we need to get the planning going for the last bit of this run. That means someone has to step forward and being a leader type here in the OOC thread. I'll give ya the week then I will just choose someone. biggrin.gif

As always add your weekly drip of karma to your character. Let's also get a roll call and see who's still out there. Sound off!!
Nikoli
Still alive and driving
BishopMcQ
Still here.

Tasks as laid out above:
Moira - Will sing and wrap whatever spells she can into the songs to try and keep the crowd complacent and quiet will the actual ambush takes place.

Shiver - engage Michael Nelson with the sole focus of destroying the foci from his patron. Nothing we've seen so far indicates Michael is any kind of wiz melee guy, but of course, be careful

Hiroto / Aaron - You two will engage Zuzana, Michael's body guard. We've assensed her before, and she's a serious physical adept, no joke and nothing to play with. Hit her hard and drop her fast if you can, otherwise just keep her busy and off Shiver.

Murrey - Keep an eye on the outside. Watch for runners, watch for Lonestar, and keep the exit path clear. If you can put a drone or two inside to help us keep track of the circle members, even better.

Bakatare - magical support. I'll be keeping an eye out on the astral, dropping support spells where I can, keeping up the spell defense, and countering spirits and elementals.

Does anyone need any of the listed gear:
[ Spoiler ]

Call out what you are taking, otherwise it's going with me.

Blitz--Any questions about Moira's bit? I know we've changed your aura so they won't recognize you that way, but have you made arrangements for an appropriate disguise? I don't think a Physical mask spell would really be appropriate since we are trying to be somewhat covert about your presence. If you disagree sound off and argue with me a bit.

I have no problems with my task, and should be able to destroy the focus. Immediately after that, someone is taking a one-way trip to meet an angry godling with a few ego problems.

My Melee Muscle pair--Have you spent up your karma, and are you ready to kick ass and take numbers from the phys-ad? I'm not expecting many weapons on her, beyond her leash, so she probably is very good with her hands and feet.

Nikoli--Since your drones aren't well suited to the task, what are your suggestions for the area? I know we can use you on overwatch, but does the van have any fun toys? There was a run on these boards awhile back where the rigger opened up with missiles on the building as a last resort...how are our chances looking?

Fenris--Do you have any Elementals prepped that we can use to bash down people and work on crowd control? Air Elems are grandmas in physical combat, but with some noxious breath, they may be able to eliminate some of the panicking masses. Otherwise I like the spell defense and support magic.

Who do we have on groupie duty? We are all hoping that the groupies won't get involved if we can bring the house down fast enough on Michael, but if they make a tooken effort to help, who is going to give them a beatdown?
Fenris
Fenris--Do you have any Elementals prepped that we can use to bash down people and work on crowd control? Air Elems are grandmas in physical combat, but with some noxious breath, they may be able to eliminate some of the panicking masses. Otherwise I like the spell defense and support magic.

Sometime in the duration of the game, I lost my original list of elementals that went with the character. I'll take a look and see if I can find it, but if I can't, I'm reduced to the 1 earth elemental I summoned during this game.
I believe I would have time to summon one or possibly two more before the party itself. Since I can summon great form elementals, I agree that air elementals could be very useful, both for it's ability to affect multiple targets with things like noxious breath, and it's ability to control the actual air.

Another very useful trick I've seen before is the confuse and concealment abilities. I can't summon spirits, but it might be possible for Moira to whip one up and put it under my control? Something that could conceal Murrey's van would be helpful as well.

Call out what you are taking, otherwise it's going with me.

I'm curious as to why you're claim laying to all the gear?
Fenris
Who do we have on groupie duty? We are all hoping that the groupies won't get involved if we can bring the house down fast enough on Michael, but if they make a tooken effort to help, who is going to give them a beatdown?

I think we're out of combatants. The only person I can think of that isn't already assigned to something is Angela, and as far as I've gathered, she isn't particularly skilled in either melee, ranged, or magical combat.

If they're initial attack is magical, I should be able to hold spell defense for a round, which will give the elementals time to manifest and do something cool, like engulf or slam or breath fire or something ;D
BishopMcQ
I'm only laying claim to any of the unwanted gear. Anything that someone asks for can go to them without comment from me. If one of the other players wants something, grab it, otherwise it'll go onto my sheet for us to reference later... "If only we had a holocaust cloak..."

Sounds like the elems/spirits are on groupie duty then. If we can get a city spirit to conceal the van until sunrise and then start doing the confusion thingon the groupies, we'd be set. Willpower test to not drool and a +Force to TNs sounds like it should do the trick.
Fenris
Ah, my bad. I thought you meant that the gear was disappearing somewhere.

Buddha - Does any of our information indicate whether or not anyone is living at the Body Bag? That might be the only hitch, because I think hearth spirits don't have confuse.
Buddha72
As far as you all know no one actually lives at the Body Bag.
Nikoli
I suggest having the cat drone watch the alley behind the club.
The spider drone pretending to be an ornament of some kind.

The van on remote a block or so down the road along the path most likely to be taken.

The Honda would actually be the spotter and where Murrey would be located. It's relatively unmarked, no obvious weaponry (none at all actually) and makes for a good follow car. I can tag team with the van if we actually have to tail him.
Tashio
Still here just very tied up. Hrmm I definatly need to spend some Karma before this goes down still have full load from when we joined. Somewhere around 70-80 points I think.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012