Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extassis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
Blitz
No worries...Im a patient girlie smile.gif
Buddha72
Ok I am confused...

You asked for 5 rolls and your target is unknown ...

You are more than welcome to make multiple Perception tests based on abilities or mods you character has. In most cases with Perception tests, you all often don't know the number (more of a GM style thing with me, keep things unknown etc).

I've got Hearing Acuity, which adds die to hearing tests, and if you use the Shadowrun FanPro site's FAQ the adept abiltiy adds the maximum level of audio enhancements.

I am using the errata but I am unaware of an enhancement called Hearing Acuity. If you point me to the right page I will educate myself. wink.gif

As for Motion Sense, it has a range of Magic in meters. You make a Perception test with a TN scaling from 8 to 2 (depends on the size of the object) to detect it. If the creature is using Stealth then that test generates the TN for the test. Background count acts as TN modifier if any is present. One hit detects the creature and you receive a -2 TN modifier to any visibility modifiers to strike at it.
Buddha72
Quick question: Who all actually went to the Barrens? I know Murrey, Bakatare, and Aaron. Any others? Thanks!
BishopMcQ
QUOTE (Buddha72)
Ok I am confused...

You asked for 5 rolls and your target is unknown ...

I believe that is an artifact which was cut and pasted from the dice roller...
Buddha72
Ahhh, mystery solved.

Ok all Happy Monday! I am going to give Tashio one more day to respond to the question about who went and who stayed. So a bump will be tomorrow morning.

Once again let me know if you need anything from me. wink.gif
Tashio
Last check I was at the house everyone went to after the astral quest, unless I've missed something most people still there or we're we supposed to have moved, lost track with everyone running around.
Buddha72
A group (Bakatare, Aaron and Murrey) went into the Barrens to meet a contact to try and get a little more information before the party. Bakatare took muscle/protection types since it was the Barrens after dark and he was warned this contact is a little rougher than most he deals with. I just wanted to see if Hirito would have tagged along as well.
Cedric Rolfsson
Buddha, the Hearing Acuity is my best description of a hearing enhancement similar to what is provided by cyber ears, I don't have my books so I don't remember the name for the hearing enhancement provided by cyberears, where you can hear all the extra quiet sounds. . .based upon the phrase that an adept ability can mimic any ability provided by cyberware.

As to the 'you asked for' that is just cut and paste from the on-line dice roller I use. Too lazy to retype. Sorry.
BishopMcQ
Hearing Amplification
Tashio
Ah okay then yes he would have tagged along.
Buddha72
Awesome, feel free to give me a Perception test for Hirito when you get a chance.
Buddha72
Hope everyone had a relaxing weekend.

I just need a Perception from Hirito and I'm all good. Once I get that I will bump the thread. Don't forget to add your weekly drip of karma to your sheet and as usual let me know of any changes you make, etc.
Tashio
Hiroto Pers: 1 2 2 3 4 11
If seperate roll required.
Astral Pers: 2 2 2 3 3 5
Buddha72
It's that season again for me. I will be at a family friend's costume shop for the next 5 days slinging costumes so I will be afk until after Halloween is over, sorry but everyone have a great Halloween! devil.gif
Buddha72
Ok I am back from Halloween mines!

I will need initiative rolls from everyone in the Barrens group please. Thanks!
BishopMcQ
Murrey gets all the fun, dodging rocket launchers and LAWs...
Nikoli
So, 2 questions:
A: Do they seem to be tergeting me or the group?
2: What sort of cover exist between me and the troll with the brain-gun?
Fenris
Initiative: 05 05 03 03 03 02

Total: 25

Whee!
Buddha72
Nikoli - here's your answers.

A: For the most part, they (total group of about 25) seem intent on the others. Only a handful (4-6) seem to be heading for the van.

2: Right now there is no cover but there is plenty around that you could get to with a short drive. The troll is still in the building at the moment.
Nikoli
How much clearance behind the van currently? Do I have enough to risk deployment?
Tashio
EDIT OOPS Left out initial init dice only counted mods.

Initiative: 4 4 5 6 + 12
Total: 31
Buddha72
You certainly have enough room to deploy where you are now. The ares in front of the roller rink is fairly clear of large debris.

I still need initiative rolls from the rest of the Barrens crowd so please post them!

Thanks!
Nikoli
(2d6+10)
(4 3)
17 init
Cedric Rolfsson
Aaron: (Sorry for th delay)

9 +3d6 = 23
Buddha72
No problem, I am under the weather (flu strike) and next week is Thanksgiving so consider yourself on vacations until after the holiday week. When we pick back up I will be starting the combat with the Barrens folk. Enjoy GenCon (those that are going) and Thanksgiving!
Buddha72
Welcome Back All!!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

Ok I need everyone just to give an "Aye!" in the OOC thread to make sure I've got everyone back from the break.

Here's the initiative order for the Barrens battle:

Hiroto: 31
Fenris: 25
Aaron: 23
Murrey: 17
Troll: 15
Squatters Group 2: 10
Squatters Group 3: 9
Squatters Group 1: 7
Squatters Group 4: 6

Info about the Squatter Groups:
Group 1 is armed with an assortment of blunt objetcs (chains, bats, pipes, etc)
Group 2 is armed with pistols of various sixes and shapes
Group 3 is armed with semi-automatics (think LMG at the best)
Group 4 is armed with an assortment of sharp objects (knives, broken bottles, etc)

Each group contains 6 people each. I am doing them in groups for ease of book keeping and tracking.

I will be posting the set up in the IC and Hiroto you're up first! biggrin.gif
Cedric Rolfsson
I'm back and tracking.

Can I get a rough distance to each group in meters? I'm thinking distance strike issues.
Nikoli
I hate it when I don't have the best init in these situations...
BishopMcQ
Still here. Waiting for the new muscle to earn their pay and kill some street trash.
Tashio
Aye here, and Hiroto's init is 31 smile.gif only rolled imp init dice not base dice.

Okay Hiroto is going to fire both smg's burst fire at the group with the semi's.
Now just need to remember how many of what dice get rolled for what smile.gif Loaded up with Ex-Ex.
Buddha72
Distance are as follows:

Group 1: 5 meters
Group 2: 10 meters
Group 3: 15 meters
Group 4: 5 meters
Troll: 30 meters
Fenris
I am here, and "aye" wink.gif Just waiting for my chance to start tossing stunballs around wink.gif

Tashio
Hrmm can we get a team layout too? or we all standing in a nice little huddle? smile.gif
Buddha72
That's all up to you all. The only restriction I am placing is within a few meters of the van you just exited. Other than that you can place yourself whever you like. biggrin.gif
Buddha72
*KNOCKS ON THE SCREEN*

Hiroto is up, can I get some skill rolls for the gun fire? biggrin.gif

PM me if you need some help figuring out dice and TNs since it's been awhile for you action types.
Cedric Rolfsson
I'm planning on leaping into hand-to-hand combat with the closest group, using distance strike until I'm whipping ass in a more personal fashion. Let me know when you want my rolls.
Tashio
Okies, digs out the notes, yea its been a while smile.gif

Okay Low light vis on if need be, vis mag as well. 6 points of recoil reduction on each gun. So no recoil. Ex-Ex ammo.

Okay burst fire, both smg's at the semi auto group. Burst is simple action right?
Base Damage(Excluding ammo/burst mod): 7M

SMG 1: 1 2 3 3 4 5 7 8
SMG 2: 1 2 3 4 4 5 8 17

SMG 1: 1 1 2 3 4 5 5 8
SMG 2: 2 3 3 4 4 5 11 11
Fenris
Tashio: Burst is a simple action wink.gif

Buddha: Going to focus on the troll with the glinting metal thing in this hand. As far as I can tell there shouldn't be any modifiers for my spell TN's? If there are, I'll center to reduce penalties instead.

Centering against drain (TN 2): 08 04 03 03 02
Stunbolt [F6D, TN (Willpower) (8 Sorcery + 3 Ally spirit +1 Power Focus)]: 10 07 05 04 04 03 03 03 03 02 01 01
Drain [TN 2D (7 Willpower, 3 spell pool)]: 09 07 07 05 05 02 02 02 01 01 (8 successes)
No Drain.

Allocating 4 dice to shielding on the three of us standing in the street + the van.
Buddha72
Happy Monday all!

Don't forget your weekly drip of karma and as always let me know of any changes to your character.

Hiroto - Downed 3 people in group 3 and inflicted a Serious wound on a 4th.

Bakatare - Consider the troll stunned (sheesh man enough dice wink.gif )

Going to post the flavor text for the last few actions.

Aaron is up next!
Buddha72
Just need some rolls for Aaron please. biggrin.gif
Cedric Rolfsson
Okay apply distance strike to first victim.

Unarmed Combat 7 + 2 points (Improved Skill adept power) 9 dice

You asked for 9 rolls and your target is 4 ... here are the results:

1: 3
2: 4 ... Success
3: 4 ... Success
4: 1
5: 4 ... Success
6: 1
7: 5 ... Success
8: 3
9: 6 + 1 = 7. ... Success

5 successes

Not going to use Killing hands just straight stun damage: Str 7

I haven't done SR3 combat is awhile so help me out here if I'm missing something.
Buddha72
The only thing I would mention is that you have combat pool dice (I forgot about it in another game where I was a player, SR4 damage strikes again) can be added to combat tests to the max of the skill involved but you probably want to hold them all for defensive actions since they heavily outnumber you at this point.

You can also attack mutliple people with a melee test. Each attack after the first adds +2 TN to the test, your base TN is 4 at this point.

Did you want to take some more attacks or just hold at the one at this point?
Cedric Rolfsson
just hold and prepare to take hits
Buddha72
Ok you will knock one of the people in Group 1 out cold, will post the flavor text in the IC.

Next up - Murrey!
Nikoli
MK-6 Opens door, Lynx 2 Deploys (Has the MP-5 and MGL-12)
Mr. Fix-It closes the door

Lynx 2 fires Stun Grenade into roughly the center of Group 3
Since the drones are sesnor linked with the van, shouldn't need to make the sensor test.
However if it does need to make one, consider this roll to be the sensor Test:
7 5 4 3
if not
5 5 5 4 4 4 2 it's a standard Mini-stun grenade
Scatter:
5 meters (should land right on target, all scatter eliminated
Full Auto into rocket packing troll.
Allocating 5 Combat pool dice into him
10 8 5 5 4 4 4 2 2 1 1
Should be 7 sucesses
Base 7S, Upped to 13D prior to successes 16D after with 1 to grow on.
Buddha72
Happy Monday All!

Ok- the troll in the doorway in officially deaded and Group 3 has been sent into naptime by the grenade. biggrin.gif Will post flavor text in the IC.

Group 2 is up!

They are all going to fire at the mage (GEEK THE MAGE!!)

1st Shot
01 01 02 04 05 11 (1 success)
01 02 07 08 11 13 (3 successes)
01 01 01 04 05 09 (1 success)
01 02 02 03 04 04 (0 successes)
01 02 03 05 05 05 (0 successes)
03 04 04 04 10 10 (2 successes)

2nd Shot
01 02 02 04 05 09 (1 success)
02 02 03 03 05 10 (1 success)
01 01 03 03 04 05 (0 successes)
02 03 05 07 08 10 (2 successes)
01 01 01 02 02 05 (0 successes)
03 04 04 05 05 05 (0 successes)

The base damage of the weapon is 11M. Roll some soaking or dodging tests, your call.
Buddha72
All you folks not in the Barrens, thanks so much for being patient through the combat. I apperciate it very much and as soon as the fighting ends I will be sending some posting love your way. wink.gif
Blitz
No worries on my end. Lifes been crazy so it's been a blessing to an extent wink.gif
BishopMcQ
Just soaking up the karma like a good little karma sponge should.
Fenris
Soaking the ones with 1 success:

Soak test #1 (TN 2M, 3 Body): 10 05 02
Soak test #2 (TN 2M, 3 Body): 05 05 01
Soak test #3 (TN 2M, 3 Body): 11 03 02
Soak test #4 (TN 2M, 3 Body): 02 02 01

Soaking the two with 2 successes:
Soak test #5 (TN 2S, 3 Body + 2 Combat Pool): 05 05 04 02 02 (Light Wound)
Soak test #6 (TN 2S, 3 Body +3 Combat Pool): 05 04 03 03 05 05

Soaking the one with 3 successes:
Soak test #7 (TN 2S, 3 Body + 2 Combat Pool): 04 03 03 02 02 (Light Wound)

I think that's everything?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012