Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extassis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
Nikoli
Have fun. Personally I'm looking forward to my first Samhain in my house.
Buddha72
Last call for those who haven't to give me their votes for the new players from the recruitment thread. I will be posting the choices tomorrow. Thanks all!
Buddha72
I LIVE! I have returned from the Land of Last Minute Halloween Costumes, mostly intact. The thread, she is bumped. biggrin.gif
Buddha72
Hey All - I need a revote on the picks for the new characters for the thread. Please take a look and send me a PM with your top 3 choices so I can post the results. Sorry about needing the info again but I can't seem to find the PMs you all sent me the first time around.
Fenris
Sent wink.gif
Nikoli
Hey folks, sorry I've been slow to appear of late, new kitten + dumpshock being blocked at work = tough time to log on.
Buddha72
Grats on the new kitten!
Nikoli
thanks. Gozer says hi

The Traveler has come!
Buddha72
Love the name!

Just waiting for you all now. biggrin.gif
Fenris
Looking more towards Angelina for guidance, this is her quest. I assume we'd just ask for the Lord or Lady of the Realm again.
Buddha72
BUMPED!!

Happy Monday all!! Don't forget to add your weekly fix of karma to your character sheet and please make sure to let me know if and when you spend karma to improve your character.

I need Magic roll from Angelina. Roll a number of dice equal to your magic rating and post the results. The TN is over a 6 so feel free to reroll 6's.

Nikoli - Once again thanks for being so patient for this leg of the thread. My many thanks!
Whizbang
Magic: 10, 10, 5, 5, 4, 4
Buddha72
You currently have 2 successes, did you want to karma it? This is the roll that limits the karma pools of everyone involved for the next realm.
Nikoli
This is fun for me too, I'm just trying to work out a good astral time v meat time between my postings to concrete that quests take less time.
Whizbang
Guess I might as well...

19, 5, 5, 1

Think that's one more success. smile.gif
Fenris
Okay, it's been a couple of weeks, but I'm picking our recap back up. It'll be good to have the whole story up here in just a few posts people can read to get up to date, especially with the new arrivals coming in soon.

Okay, when last we left our intrepid band of adventurers, etc.

Okay, Orc underground, boiler room, cramped quarters, no bathroom, new guy showed up. We introduced ourselves and kind of sort of brought Blaze up to speed on what was going on. After contacting Iblis and letting her know not to go home, we evac'd the dirty, dingy underground location for a high lifestyle condo in downtown Seattle. Ah, sweet, sweet furnishings! Couches and beds and everything!

After a brief discussion with Blaze regarding his lack of concern for human life, everyone hit the sack for sleep before deciding on the next step. We chatted with Iblis, getting a couple of the more pertinent questions answers, and found out about her backer, the Red Queen, who had apparently been corp before she surged, and was now using whatever connections she had left to try and organize the changeling community. "Transys Neuronet was recently retaken by Celedyr in a nasty corp war with HKB. Its now his pet company again. The Council of Princes recently lost Lofwyr from its august number."

After realizing we could be mucking around in "lizard-biz", as Iblis put it, Moira put us in touch with a girl that knew about dragons. We also learned through Paladin's Lonestar contacts that the family was raising holy hell about the death of their child, but the corp was silent. Not publically hindering the investigation, but definitely not helping much either.

We hit up our local dragon expert, who had this to say about the info we collected:
"Well, the Stone Serpent could be referring to Celedyr. In the Cardiff-Bristol region he goes by Draig gan y Carreg, roughly translated 'Dragon of the Stones'. Transys Neuronet, his reclaimed shiny toy, has recently pushed into the arena of cyber-implantation in animals and paranimals. The word is that his is looking for a way for wyrms to deck like the rest of us.  [Red Queen] She's a new operator in the shadows with a focus on dragons. So far I haven't been able to tie her or him to any one lizard lord. She has only recently surfaced in Seattle. The only reason I know of her is through the Draco Foundation.  Lofwyr. He did indeed recently resign from the Council of Princes with no explaination.  The rumor is that elements of the Council posed potential threats to his long range plans. This potential threat could be Hestaby, another great dragon who has influence there. His pet corp is Saeder-Krupp as everyone knows.  He has bad relations with a few other wyrms, Celedyr to name one.  Whatever business you have, get it done and then get out of the way. You people are nothing to them so this is probably some little side game they have running. Get out of the line of fire as soon as possible. 

After that, we regrouped for a meeting with the Red Queen later. Paladin's Lonestar contact ( definitely earning his upkeep this run) popped back with info on Adam. "The home [Adams] is owned by a small company called Zembu. It's a small software firm that builds custom databases for 3rd party companies. There's no one name on the property. I didn't ask our deckers to take a look into it any deeper since I didn't want to expalin where I got the info. "The 'Adam' fella you decribed matches up with a guy by the name of Michael Nelson. We came across his name while checking into the Body Bag, he's renting out the place for some S & M super party. He has no active files with us. He was born in Germany but doesn't seem to stay put for very long. He has a few degree from over seas in paranormal psychology. He works as a free lance consultant and public speaker. "

We split up (I know, I know, but it seemed to make sense at the time wink.gif Moira and Blaze went to meet with the Red Queen, while the rest of us when to stake out Adam a little more. Red Queen gave us some info on Lofwyr, whom we suspect to have a hand in what's going on: You may want to speak to the Orange Queen [Hestaby] since there are rumors she had a hand in it. [his leaving the Council]

We also received an update on our objectives for the run: "Crush the man you call Adam and make it public. Break him in a way that leaves his mind whole. I want him humilated in front of his lackeys at the party, make him bleed until he chokes on his own blood."

So, she clued us in on the possible motive as well: There is no situation between us. [Adam and the Red Queen] I suspect I am being placed in the path of another, possibly as a diversion. The one you mentioned is a lackey, a convient tool. I dislike being used in this manner. I was approached by this.......servant and declined to participate in certain schemes. When I left the meeting I had the understanding that my refusal would not result in any direct action against me, it appears that was a literal guarantee. The hand that guides him is beyond your ability to harm but I think he's a disposable tool. He leads a rag-tag group of shamans. His role of leader is constantly tested though, the first sign of weakness and the circle will tear themselves apart trying to vie for his place. I think their sponsor enjoys the petty drama of their power struggle. He will have some sort of talisman, a focus for whatever gifts he has earned through service. You will want to find that as soon as possible and destroy it, it should level the playing field [That'll be first priority at the party, people]

So, another update, and I'll crank out more a little later.
Buddha72
Ok all that's 3 karma pool for everyone in the next part of the quest.
Buddha72
Everyone say hi to the new players/characters!!

Welcome all!!

New players - pls let me know how you usually receive word for a new job/contract. Thanks!

ps Fenris add 3 more karma for your excellent recapping efforts.
Fenris
Danke!

And hi to the new players!
Musashi Forever
Thanks for the welcome Fen and hello to everyone else. Nick "Havoc" Parker is happy to be here and I myself am glad to become a part of this prestigious game.

Buddha72: Havoc would get word about the job through Fat Charlie, his fixer contact.

Should we share any information about our characters here or let it all come out IC?
Tashio
Ello all.
Nikoli
Heyas
Cedric Rolfsson
Aaron would get word from anyone of three sources. Either one of the Exiles on behalf of Tempest, Blank his fixer, or Glok his chummer. That'd be the normal MO.
Buddha72
I'd said let it all come out in the IC thread. I love the RPing of new people.

Tashio - still need to know how you find out about jobs, thanks.
Tashio
Sent PM, lemme know if you did not get it.
Buddha72
Got it, will do a bump on Monday during a dead spot at work. Thanks!
Buddha72
Sorry for the delays, trying to get 7 days stuff done in 3 days time since I head out for GenCon SoCal this week. I will try to have osmething up by tonight, thanks for your patience.
Musashi Forever
GenCon, sweet! Bring me back a booth babe! biggrin.gif
Blitz
Mostly my fault...I stole his books and was rotten at getting them back quickly...sorry luv!!
Fenris
Just to let everyone know, I'll will be posting even more infrequently then normal, as this weekend is GenCon, and I'm going too!
Buddha72
Ok I officially suck at this point. I ask that the new players please give me a chance next week to prove that I actually run this thread and hold on. I am still swamped and would rather wrtie a decent post than something I withdrew from my rectum so no bumpage this week but next Monday (already scheduled a 2 hour block so it will happen). I am very sorry folks and thanks for waiting.

Now off to GenCon SoCal for me!
Tashio
Not a problem Buddha enjoy cya on the flip side.
Blitz
I'll be off to gencon as well. See yas!
Cedric Rolfsson
General absence post:

Per instructions from my wife I am letting everyone know that I will NOT be posting from Wed Nov 23 until Mon Nov 28 in order to avoid significant marital discord and a horrible ass-whupping.
Buddha72
Howdy all and Happy Monday!! GenCon SoCal was a blast but I am glad to be back. I have received similar PMs from several other players since it's Turkey Time so the thread is taking a week off for the holidays so we have eneryone back for posting. I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and see ya next Monday.

BishopMcQ
Gave it a little kick to get the ball rolling again so we don't build up too much moss.
Buddha72
Hope all had a great holiday weekend. I am bumping today but I also wanted to get a head count from everyone in the thread to see who I have left out there so please sound off. Thanks all!!

PS New folks every Monday is karma day, so make sure to record another point. I will regularly ask for updated character sheets to reflect new karama pool or you all improving yours skills, etc.
BishopMcQ
The senior-citizen troll brigade is still in force.

(Trans: I'm here.)
Cedric Rolfsson
*Hand shoots into the air from the back of the class*

PRESENT!
Tashio
I'm here.. ready to get going.
Buddha72
Questers
I need a Cha open test your TN is your magic rating. Thanks!
BishopMcQ
Cha 4, Mag 8
17 10 04 02 --2 successes

If death is eminent, I may karma...
Whizbang
Cha 8, Mag 6

15, 7, 4, 3, 2, 2, 1
Nikoli
I'm still around as well.
Blitz
I don't have my sheet with me, but I believe she is CHA 8, Magic 10. I also don't have any dice. Would someone care to roll for me? I will also karma once if necessary.

Thanks!

Also:
Just an FYI, this week I'm moving from San Diego, and heading up north to visit family in San Jose and in Boise before moving to Florida for a few months. I should have internet in San Jose and in Boise, but not while traveling. (driving so there are a couple days I'll be out) This is probably the last time I'll have access to internet before I get to San Jose so if need be, please auto me until I can get back online.

Sorry!!

BishopMcQ
For Blitz--
21 11 05 05 05 05 03 01
Musashi Forever
I'm still ready to go. cool.gif
Fenris
I am a bad monkey! My apologies all for being so lax on the posting in the last few weeks. I could blame it on Gencon SoCal then Thanksgiving, but making excuses never seems to get me anywhere, so I'll just suck up the blame on this on wink.gif

Cha test (TN 9): 11 05 03 03 02 02
Buddha72
Happy Monday All!!

Don't forget to record your weekly karma point and bumpage is coming down the pipe. Thanks!
Cedric Rolfsson
Howdy all, Aaron Gray is among you. smile.gif Its really a pleasure to be a part of this thread, I've spent a bunch of time reading your posts, and all I can say is wow!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012