Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extassis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
Nikoli
I recall a rule in 2nd ed. that if Security armor had a rating equal to or greater than the BASE power of the weapon before ROF increases, then the rounds bounce off harmlessly, has that changed in 3rd ed (been a while since I played)
Grey
Only Military Armor does that now.
Nikoli
Isn't Security armor considered mil-spec?
Grey
nope, not in 3rd
Nikoli
Sweet. Though I still plan on something else for these guys.

How loud are we going at this point?

I know I didn't declare it, but can the other drones engaged at this point make their sensor tests for target aquisition?
Buddha72
Nikoli

Go ahead and roll.

I would not send goons in hardened military armor after you all. I want the game to continue.
Fenris
So this is the part where I suck damage? 3 points of impact armor biggrin.gif

Body (Nope, no melee, beat my reaction so no combat pool): 17,3
Nikoli
Van: 10:5:4:2
TADS:9:5:3
Lynx (LMG):9
Buddha72
Fenris

Did you roll your Strength for the default test for unarmed combat? You still get to roll even if no combat pool around.
Nikoli
I distance from:
Van to Moira's shooter
and
LMG Lynx to both indoor shooters

I may have a quiet way of knocking them out.
Fenris
LOL...a strength test, yes, well: 2,5
Buddha72
For clarification, all the shooters are outside at the moment. One dropped from the roof and tried to slice someone in half. One popped from around the back corner of the house and shot Moira. The third exited the house from the side door you all were creeping to and tried to shot Bakatare. Super rigger action ensued and he was forced to close and kick him instead.

That being said which guy are you looking for distance for? Both, Paladin's or Bakatare's attacker?
Nikoli
Sorry, said shooters, meant badguys, targets, bugs-about-to-meet-windshield, etc.
Yes, i want distance of each from that drone
and distance of the outside baddie fromt he van.

Buddha72
Bakatare/Fenris

You suck a Serious stun from the attack.

Murrey/Nikoli

The distance from the van to the shooter at the corner is about 30 feet/10 meters. I assumed you stopped near the beginning of the driveway as things looked suspicious. For ease of things I am going to say the drones are all within 2 meters of the other 2 attackers. They are within 15 feet/5 meters of the goon at the corner of the house.
Nikoli
Okay, I have the actions for the rest of this turn, depending on what Moira does.
Buddha72
Immortal/Digital Heroin

You're up next, but the next person you can affect is up next. I assume you are going to wait till a target pops up and smack it. In my table top games the players now when everyone acts and I want to play this the same way.

Murrey/Nikoli

As usual you are also open to interrupt.

Next after Immortal a last gunmen will exit the building from the side door by the driveway. He will take some shots at Bakatare. Let me know what you want to do for this next segment. After this last goon then it's Moira and Bakatare then initiative.

Ok I need more sleep or more drugs. Murrey/Nikoli took his action to shoot the gun out of the guy's hand (well done by the way).
Ecclesiastes
Poor Bakatare. You really live by the "geek the mage" style, eh?
Digital Heroin
Well, there is waiting for a head to pop up for direct fire... then there's greade launcher death... still effective neh?
Buddha72
LOL. Actually it was a function of stealth rolls and reaction tests. Also my NPCs are never all-knowing. They only saw Bakatare and Moira and of course the van. Since Bakatare had the staff he made himself look like an adept or a melee master of some sort. They had no idea it was just a power focus. biggrin.gif
Nikoli
D'oh!

Though, the RC car kits of doom are comming for them all!
Buddha72
Ok Immortal/Digital Heroin you're up. Go to town! devil.gif
Blitz
Moira will basically be hiding (read: cowering) inside the van!!
Ecclesiastes
What, you can't even summon up a spirit to do the fighting for you? Coward! dead.gif
Digital Heroin

With smartlink, that should be enough to make some meat outta boyo's body...
Buddha72
Ok, I need to know what ammo type you're using in the Aplha so I can see how bad it is for this NPC.
Ecclesiastes
I was just chatting with him and he is off for training, but he told me it was Regular ammo.
Blitz
I have a spirit...it is currently tasked to confuse our enemies...it should still be concealing us, though since we were in the van before, it's up to Buddha to determine if that concealment is still valid.
Ecclesiastes
Ahh... yay for confusion. That'll put a nice cramp in their style. Although, it can only do it to one at a time, you need a Great Form to have to effect multiple targets.

However, Conceal does work on multiple targets, even for a regular spirit. Whatever the force of the spirit is, that is how many people it can Conceal at once.
Ecclesiastes
Also, if we are concealed, the guys shooting us are at a +Force to shoot us because of visual modifications.
Blitz
Again...only if buddha deems it still active
Buddha72
Thanks for the info Ecclesiastes. Blitz give me an initiative roll for the spirit please. I am assuming it was still manifested to conceal the van/occupants. It should be Force + 11 + 1d6. It will start confusing one per pass just need to know when.

Another quick question. Do you want me to post info on NPC wounds/etc here or just keep the suspense up and let you figure it out from IC posts? I really don't care one way or the other but players in the past have had a marked preference. Let me know.
Ecclesiastes
Naw, we shouldn't know how much they've taken.

edit: unless we made a First Aid check or something to figure it out. wink.gif
Blitz
I have no dice at work....can you roll for me? I believe it was a force 4 or 5...*hoping 5, suspecting 4*
Buddha72
Okie dokie, rolled a 2 so final score is 18. Keep in mind it has a karma pool of 3 (1 base and then one for each service you get).
Blitz
QUOTE (Blitz)
Force 5 City
Conjuring: 6:5:3:3:1:1
Drain: 6:6:5:5:4:2:1:1

2 services..no drain

Yay!
Buddha72
Ok, hopefully Immortal/Digital Heroin won't hate me for taking over but you could have done 2 bursts since each take a simple action so I rolled for ya. You dropped a baddie! rotate.gif
Buddha72
ok next up is Moira who gave the command to her spirit, even though it happened out of order I am not going to sweat it. So that leaves Bakatare to go then initiative will begin.
Fenris
Wow, that stung just a bit....

Alright, I'm moving way the fuck away from all that noise.

Centering for penalties: 2,8,9 (-1)
Casting Levitate(TN 6): 1,2,3,4,5,5,5,7,8,13
Drain: 1,2,2,4,5,5,5,7,9,14

3 successes x magic = 27 meters of movement. Call me behind the van with full cover from all assailants.

And I forgot my initiative was custom, so kick me up to 21, with damage mods already counted in. Danke.
Nikoli
Better idea, get thee inside the van(ery).

The outside asailant is going to meet a little friend of mine, named Mister Bumper, who has another friend, Mr. Electrified outer shell.

that'll be a fun little segment.
Buddha72
Fenris/Bakatare

Go ahead and add your flavor text please for your actions.

The intiative order is as follows:

BG3 26 -Monowhips
Murrey 24
Paladin 23
Bakatare 21
BG2 20 - Kicked at Bakatare after guns shot out of hand
Immortal 19
City Spirit 18
BG4 18 - Shot at Moira from the far corner of the house
Moira 6
Buddha72
Ok Grey/Paladin my guy has 2 pts of reach and I think you do too so they cancel out. I just need to know if you're using any martial arts maneuvers or going full defense.
Nikoli
Quick SR physics question, if I run the drone into his leg HARD (making a control test to increase acceleration) how likely it that to make his whips hit him instead of the team? Especially since my init is right after his?
Ecclesiastes
I'll be counterstriking

Pole Arms 6 (+4 Enh Skill, +2 Foci, +2 Counterstrike, +6 Combat Pool): 21 10 10 09 07 05 05 05 05 05 04 04 04 03 02 02 02 02 01 01

Thats 13 successes, base damage is 9M Stun.
Nikoli
that bears the remarkably sickening crunch of a
Buddha72
Ok you avoided the hit Grey/Paladin and smacked him back. Next up is Nikoli/Murrey. The way it works with whips is in the test using them. But I would apply a modifier to his next test for being unstable.
Nikoli
MP-5 Drone
Burst fire,
Calling shot for knee of BG2 to bypass armor, using sensor lock from TADS to assist:9
Gunnery:16:9:5:5:5:2
Combat:15:10:3:2

Van electroshock active once Moira and Bakatare are on board
Van extending LMG's
Buddha72
Ok, need to know how many bullets in the burst. I am going to assume 3 as per standard. Are you going to take another shot with your other simple action? To speed things up go ahead and include the base power of the weapon you're using. Thanks.
Nikoli
sadly, any shot from a drone is a complex action. (stupid balancing mechanics) base dmg is 6m, burst mod to 9S before net success staging.
Buddha72
Well you learn something new everyday. Next up is Grey/Paladin in the combat free for all.

All - side note forget to post your weekliy karma drip on Monday so 1 more pt to the pile.
Ecclesiastes
Pole Arms 6 (+6 bonuses, +3 Combat Pool): 10 10 05 05 05 05 05 04 04 03 03 03 02 02 01

TN should be 3 (he kicked last round), so that is 12 successes. Base damage is 9M stun, 4 successes stage it to 9D stun, and the remaining 8 successes stage the power to 17D stun.

If the guy goes down, I then use a move to get behind the door of the house and give me some cover from the last shooter. If he doesn't go down, I'll just take advantage of the +4 TN for being in Melee.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012