Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extassis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
Tashio
I'm moving tomorrow, access will be sporadic till most likely Monday or Tuesday next week depending. Having problems getting my cellphone link to work. If its running I'll be around over the weekend.

Tash
Buddha72
Have a smooth move and grats on the new living space!

Ok body looking people give me some Perception test if you're going to look them over and feel free to toss out any other skills you think might be relevant to the task at hand.
Musashi Forever
Perception test for Havoc

15, 10, 7, 5, and 4
Cedric Rolfsson
Sorry for the delay, everyone in my family went down in succession with a 24 hour flu. Life sucked. Anyway, back now.

Perception test for Aaron:

01, 03, 04, 05, 07
Musashi Forever
Wow, does Aaron have ammo belts wrapped around his head? nyahnyah.gif
Tashio
I'm back, running on a really dodgy cell phone link due to reception issues. Work is being slow in getting my lab setup and my access from the admin block. Hopefully all will be running smoothly soon but I will be around and active in the next few days.
Buddha72
Welcome back!

I will be posting tonight, first part of my week has been a little busy but I will be free tonight.
Buddha72
Sorry I laid down just for a minute and next thing I knew it was morning but the post is up.
Blitz
LOL...I have soooo had that happen. I am incapable of taking a nap.
Buddha72
OK Happy Monday all!

Questers I am going to need either a Dodge roll from you or a Soak roll for this next bit. I am going to do an informal combat round. The order of actions will go in A-B-C order so Angelina then Bakatare then Moira and then Shiver. The round will refesh after everyone has gone once. Ok the "flames" have the following number of hits on people and are striking with a base of 8M. You are wearing your everyday gear for armor purposes.

Angelina 4

Bakatare 7

Moira 6

Shiver 7

Feel free to ask any questions since I am doing this a little more free form than usual.

Musashi Forever
Maybe I just missed this, but what is the terrain around Havoc and Aaron like? In my head it is all very open land, but I might be wrong. So if you have a moment Buddha I would appreciate a review.
BishopMcQ
Can we generate dodge pool to help soak?

If yes, Athletics (Acrobatics) + Imp Ability = 13 Dice
09 09 08 08 07 05 05 04 03 02 02 01 01 (9 Hits)

Centering 6
11 10 07 05 03 01 (4 hits yields 2 extra successes.)

Dodging with Combat Pool (8 Dice)
09 05 05 04 03 02 02 02 (4 successes)

Additional dice from Dodge pool:
09 08 07 05 05 05 05 04 04 02 01 (9 successes)

I will fully dodge if dodge pool can be generated.

Soaking damage if dodge pool is not generated:
8M stages to 8S with 1 net.

Fire Resistance 4 reduces to 4S
11 08 05 05 04 03 03 02 02 02 (5 successes)
Minus one net, stages down to L, take one box physical.
BishopMcQ
When my action comes up, I'm going to slide out of my coat and offer it to Angelina.

Out of curiousity, is a troll-sized long coat large enough to shield 2 humans? IE, if Bakatare and Angelina huddled together, could they both be protected by the Fire Resist, even if it is at a reduced value?
Fenris
Erff...dodging with combat pool (btw, are we using physical stats or astral stats?): 10 10 05 05 02 01 01

Karma 1: 05 04 03

Karma 2 & 3: 04

7 successes, no net, no damage.
Buddha72
Fine with generating dodge pool but that will be your one action for the turn.

You are using your physical stats at this point.

The area is a lightly wooded one, with gentle hills and fields.
Blitz
Dodging with combat pool (5 of cool.gif

3 3 3 2 1 (ok...karming that!)
8 7 5 4 1 much better....

crap...it's 2am and I can't think. Have no idea what additional Im soaking..so here's the base soak roll and maybe one of you nice people will help me out wink.gif

Body with remaining combat pool
3 + 3
9 7 5 4 3 1

(not sure what armor we are really wearing...she is wearing her *fashioned Secure Jacket and FF Body on her meat body....does that count for here?)
Fenris
You are wearing your everyday gear for armor purposes.

And you're soaking an 8m, plus or minus any successes on the dodge. It has two net successes against you after dodge, so you're soaking 8S, so you need to roll 8's (minus any fire resist you have on your armor) to soak. With your current roll, you'd be taking an S.

From a technical viewpoint, you're much better off rolling your combat pool to dodge (TN 4) then adding them to the body test (TN cool.gif unless you have a significant amount of fire resistance on your armor.
Buddha72
McQuillan Sorry missed your question about the coat. Yes you could cver both but they would be at penalties to dodge (+2 TN) while trying to stay huddled under it. One person would be fine with no penalties.
BishopMcQ
Juggling 2 systemsis always fun...I forgot this in my own damage soak, but do we get half impact + fire resistance or is it just fire resistance? (I used just fire resistance above in my soak...)
Blitz
Fenris...thanks for the breakdown. I agree about the dodge pool, but I made a character decision in that she's almost trying to confront the flames rather than avoid them. I got all psycho-babbly with that one smile.gif
Buddha72
Yes it would be half impact against the flames.

Blitz feel free to reroll the dice you put into the body test as dodge dice. It's been awhile since we've done combat.

I still need rolls/actions from people so feel free to post them here. Go ahead am give me your upcoming actions as well. Feel free to chat here if you need input from other players.

Outside do you all have any skills you wanted to roll (Small Unit Tactics, Military Theory, etc) to devise a defensible spot for the team to hole up?
Blitz
Ok...I think my armor wasn't factored into the damage roll. There's no specific fire resistance, but I should still get half impact would should reduce my target from 8 to 6? I have forgotten what armor mods Sec Jact + FFBody has.

Thanks Buddha smile.gif Here are those three rerolled:

10 5 4 (wee!)
Whizbang
Dodge: 9, 8, 7, 4, 3, 3, 3

And what else was it you were looking for?
Whizbang
Physical Barrier:

spell roll: 11, 11, 10, 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3
Drain: 5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1
BishopMcQ
Whizbang--IIRC, unless you take the full defense action, you need to exceed the number of successes against you on a ranged attack. Ties go to the attacker and you soak the base damage.

Physical barrier, well played, I thought we were going to just keep eating flame. Good thinking!!
Buddha72
I also need to know the Force of the spell you're casting.
Fenris
Blitz - Dont' want to step on your roleplaying style, but i'm up right after Angelina. Should I heal you, drop an armor spell on you if you're going to "embrace the flames" again, or both, or nothing?
Whizbang
*shrugs* was going off of what Buddah told me in AIM. *awaits the GM's ruling here*
Blitz
Im gonna armor up wink.gif

She's not concerned at all about her own health and safety at this point. It's all Maternal Desperation from here forward. A little healing might be nice! smile.gif
Buddha72
My bad (too many game verisions/systems in my head), you do need to have more successes than the attacker to dodge completely. So everyone go back and check your rolls again and throw up the needed rolls. Since it was my mistake you may karma/reroll/redivide your pools if needed.

Whizbang I still need to know the force of the spell you cast, TNs (for castinng and for drain), and what outcome (drain damage, etc) your rolls generated.
Fenris
Body roll to resist flames (3 pts impact, 2 pts fire resistance = TN 3): 10 03
Used one more point of karma. Reduces it from a moderate to a light.

Centering to reduce penalties (I have no idea what Moira's essence is): 11 07 04 01 (Negates penalties for light wound)
Casting Heal on Moira (Force 4): 20 07 05 09 05 05 03 01 01 01
Used another point of karma.

6 if it's TN 5 or TN 4. 4 boxes healed, 2 successes devoted to reducing time from 15 rounds to 7 rounds.

Drain: 08 05 05 05 04 04 04 03 03 03 01 01
7 successes, no drain.
Blitz
Essence 6 smile.gif

I will post my armor roll as soon as I get home.
Whizbang
Thought I told you in AIM....force 6. And yes, I'm liable to be hurting on the drain... though I'm still fuzzy on how to calculate it. the drain code is +2(S), TN is 6

The successes I got should bump the barrier rating up one to 7.

And karma on the dodge: 7, 5, 3
BishopMcQ
Drain is calculated by Force/2 as the Base and then adding the formula.

Which means a force 6 Physical Barrier (+2(S)) soaks 5S with Willpower plus any spell pool you set aside for the soak. (I'd say to throw any and all that wasn't used on the spell casting into it on this occasion.)

Currently you are looking at a moderate stun (3 boxes) unless you roll more dice or spend some karma.
Whizbang
So I take it with my highest roll being a 5, I didn't get any successes... frown.gif
BishopMcQ
Whizbang--Because your TN is a 5, the two 5s you rolled staged the Damage from S to M. [Force 6/2 (3)+2 (5) S]
Whizbang
Ah...so guess I can karma that after all...

11, 10, 4, 2, 2, 2, 1
Blitz
It's been so long that i forgot I have an ally spirit. Since it hasn't been present in the storyline while on this astral quest, does that mean we cannot apply it's bonuses to casting?
Fenris
lol...I thought of that when I went to cast my spells too!
Buddha72
No ally spirits sorry. frown.gif You can still feel the connection to them but they seem unable to travel to this fold in the metaplanes.
Buddha72
Also I need a few people's actually actions after they try to soak the damage from the flames.

McQuillan are you throwing the coat over people or doing something else?

Blitz just need the rolls for the armor spell.

Outside People did you need anything from me, just let me know.
BishopMcQ
Sorry, I thought generating Dodge pool was my full action. If I can ditch the coat at the same time, I will toss it to Angelina.
Buddha72
Sorry forgot you had done that.
Blitz
I dont want to hold anyone up, but dont have my dice. Can someone roll for me?

Sorcery: 6
Shamanic Bonus: 2
TN: 6

Willpower for Drain: 6
(+2M)

Spell Pool: 6 (2 for drain, rest for Spellcasting)

Spell Force: 5
Whizbang
Here you go...hope I added it all right....

Sorcery: 11, 10, 10, 8, 7, 5, 5, 4, 1, 1, 1
Drain: 9, 5, 4, 4, 4, 4, 2, 2
Blitz
You round up or down for drain? +2M on a F5 is 4M or 5M?
BishopMcQ
As the old addage goes, round to screw the player.
BishopMcQ
Buddha--Is ditching my coat a simple or a complex action?
Buddha72
I would say just shrugging off your coat in a free action, like dropping something.
Buddha72
Ok 2nd round of the quick combat. Everyone will need to make a Willpower roll - TN 8 to avoid being set on fire. If you are set on fire you will then need to make a damage resistance roll of 8L but each round of combat the damage will stage up by one category (8M, 8S, 8D). Moira will reach the barrier at the end of this round (much faster thanks to the barrier).

Angelina 4

Bakatare 5

Moira 5

Shiver 4

Keep in mind any TN modifiers (wounds, sustaining spells, etc). Be sure to let me know what actions you're taking this round as well when you post your rolls.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012