Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extassis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
Buddha72
WHEW!! You people are posting fiends today.

Nikoli

The work has the trademark of a local rigger/mechanic named Hafiz but he usually only works on big vehicles. This is the first time you've heard of him doing a small electric scooter. He's attached to a fixer named Falcon and works out of the Snohomish area.

Grey

You think it could be a free spirit or possibly a paranormal beastie. It's not an insect-related at all and you've never heard of cult targetting Changlings and raves.
Grey
What kind of paranormal? The essense loss makes me think of HMHVV, but would it be something else?
Grey
And yeah, as long as I have others posting, I'll be there to post too. I'm on my computer at work all day.
Buddha72
Grey

Not sure. You know some spirits can feed off of emotions and influence behavior. A few critters too.
Blitz
LOL...great minds....
Grey
Right on. biggrin.gif
Fenris
Magic Background: 9,3,4,2,4,9
Spirits and Elementals: 3,5,4,11,3,8
Astral Perception: 4,2,1,3,4,8
Aura Reading: 10, 5,5,2,5,11

Does it look like it could have been anything as simple as a mass emotion control spell?
Buddha72
Fenris

You have heard of a spirit called a Nomad that possesses a victim. It drives them into a homicidal rage and feeds off the essence of the people the host kills. But you've never heard of that many being found together. You sweep the area and find it incredibly hard to read the area with the background count present. You don't think you see any traces of spells having been cast in the area but they may have faded by now.
Blitz
Magick Background: 6
7:7:5:5:3:2

Spirits: 4
7:3:2:1

Occult: 4
5:5:4:3

Ritual Magick: 5
11:5:4:4:1
Buddha72
Blitz

You have heard of spirits that can influence and control minds but nothing springs to mind. As you study the area around you, feel feel an affinity for it. Some sort of ritual magic has occured here, something shamanic in nature.
Grey
Perception while watching out for our Astral buddies.

Astral Perception: 14 05 05 02
Blitz
Im going to spend the rest of the time studying the corpses and the general area trying to single out aura's for identification use later. Also, to continue to try and figure out what happened.

I plan to spend about 20 min astrally
Nikoli
I'm not expecting anything on this, but did anything show up in gas analysys?
Buddha72
Nikoli

Your analysis of the club shows some traces of party drugs in the air but nothing more sinister than that.
Nikoli
Noted.
Nikoli
Searching:
Int.: 7:2:4:5:5:2
Sensors: 8:5:4
Buddha72
Nikoli

All the bodies appeared to have suffered some form of invasive trauma. You find quite a few with bullet wounds, more towards one corner of the floor. There is evidence of some individuals have small hand weapons such as knives and knuckles. All the injuries suggest a very savage attack by all involved. Many of the faces have looks of utter horror on them or complete mania. Most people had light cyber enhancements with a few sporting the more runner oriented package. There is evidence of alcohol and drugs in most everyone's system but with a few exceptions, not enough to suggest this kind of behavior. As you move around you do find a small crawler, or at least the remains of one. Under a larger pile of bodies near what you assume is the DJ booth.
Nikoli
Your analysis of the club shows some traces of party drugs in the air but nothing more sinister than that.

Are there are trace gases consistent with firing several bullets?
Buddha72
OOOPS! My bad. Yes there is. The heavest concentration in one the far left corner of the club. You also find shell casings.
Nikoli
Just wanted to be sure.
Digital Heroin
Blood Magic - 2,4,8,11
Toxic Magic - 2,2,2,4,5
Critters - 2,2,3,5

Perception - 2,4,5,7,8,16

Sorry for the slump, been a hella stressful week, and my 'net died on me...
Nikoli
Sad to hear that and happy to see you back in the saddle.
Grey
What are the chances of Paladin noticing that Immortal left? Cause he'd want to join him. Not only so that no one goes out alone, but also so he could check out the Astral whild Immortal checks the physical.
Buddha72
Unless the person is using Stealth or something like that, I assume you notice them coming or going. There are no real things that would make it difficult to see him leave. I'll post some more tomorrow. Have company over. biggrin.gif
Nikoli
Have company over.

Don't do anything I would do.
Nikoli
Grey, that's a Battletack receiver I just handed you.
Grey
Sweet smile.gif
Nikoli
So, is this a wheeled crawler or a walker crawler?
Examining the chassis carefully for a failsafe device.
Int: 5:8:7:3:5:7
Sensor: 9:2:2
If it's a custom job, do I know who might have worked on it, any tell-tales that may link this drone to the wierd tracker on the van?
Wheeled Chassis: Car Background: 4:9:8:4:2
Walker (remote) Background: 10:7

Provided there is no explosive device found, examining the system to see if the memory is intact & recoverable, also looking for installed modules such as RCEM, FDDM, etc. And the simsense channel frequencies used by rigger controlling:
Eletronics B/R: 14:13:1:4:10
Electronic Warfare: 3:4:5:10:5:5
If wheeled crawler: Car B/R: 9:4:2:3
If walker type, default from Walker (remote): 15:5:3:5:9

Nikoli
The only feeds it has currently are from 2 drones taht are not in the room. This was an excuse for me to be able to communicate with the two of you unobserved.

If you guys possess radios, with or without encryption, would you have shared that information with the rigger? I can operate a lot more efficiently this way. I' can set up comm channels for us to use.
Fenris
Consider frequencies established, I've got a Personal Tac Com Rating 7.
Nikoli
Then connect the two devices, I can send you more data that way, also, do you have the sub-vocal gear?
Grey
Nikoli: Doesn't the BattleTac include a communication frequency? If not, I've got a Personal Comm Unit, rating 6.
Nikoli
It does, but you can only get the data that is comming from the FDDM linked drones, which aren't in play currently. However, if you link them, I can radio over the feeds from the others and use the screen to give you data.

Also, do you have any cyber linked to the datajack, especially sensory?
Grey
Nope, Paladin is a PhysAd, he has very light cyber.
Nikoli
Was just wondering if I was getting any other data feeds. Do yo have a smart-link?
Grey
Yeah, that I do have.
Nikoli
Cool, then you can call for attacks from one of the drones to attack your target, it's got MP5 and a MGL-12 with a bunch of grenades. Good to know I don't have to send unarmed drones into combat if I don't want to.
Nikoli
Does this look easily removeable since it's not set up as a failsafe?

Also, just realised something. The massacre had to have happened around 2 days ago, why hasn't Iblis washed?
Buddha72
The incident happened yesterday night to clarify.

Good job everyone, enjoying this.

Nikoli - feel free to bump me about rigger things, I have little experience with rigging. The charge is easily removed since it's not a fail safe.
Fenris
What does the circle tell me?

Magic background: 1,2,1,1,2,2
Aura reading: 3,4,2,4,5,4
Elementals/Spirits: 4,4,1,2,7,8

What do I know about summoning specific spirits, as opposed to normal nature or elemental spirits? Is it possible? What's the sacrifice? How powerful do you need to be? Do the emotions roiling above the circle match what should be present from the nomad's signature?
Grey
I'm checking out the circle in both Physical and Astral. Let me know if I find any physical clues or astral signatures.

Physical: 11 04 03 01 #D:4 TN:4 H#:11 S:2
Astral: 10 05 04 03 #D:4 TN:4 H#:10 S:3
Grey
Two more checks for the first floor:

Physical Perception: 08 05 04 03 #D:4 TN:4 H#:8 S:3
Astral Perception: 05 05 03 02 #D:4 TN:4 H#:5 S:2
Buddha72
Ok I have dinner pplans so I will bump the game in the morning. Have a great evening all! cool.gif
Nikoli
Can I read this chip here with my electronics kit or will I need my shop?
Electronics B/R: 2:5:2:5:4

Scanning for the control channels:
Electronic Warfare: 4:8:9:5:7:3
Scanner (6):1:5:2:3:5:3
Nikoli
also, wanted to make a correction from an earlier statement, whoever is plugged into my receiver can pull data feeds from any info source I have connected to my remote deck. Including the van on the street, the drones inside and the ones on 3. You also have access to at least 1 rating 6 scanner.
Blitz
Ok...rolling for the magic circle:

Magic Background: 6
5:4:2:1:1:1

Spirits: 4
8:8:1:1

Ritual Magic: 5
21:3:3:1:1

Occult Knowledge: 4
5:4:3:3
Buddha72
Nikoli

Can you please give me a brief run-down on each drone. I need to know what their locomotion is (crawler, tracked drone, etc). The reason I ask was I started going over the rigger stuff and I wanted to know how the MK-6 got up the fire escape to the 3rd floor. My understanding is that it is a tracked crawler, so I am unclear how it managed the ladders and stairs. I saw no further modifications on your character sheet as well.

That is all. beret.gif
Nikoli
It has arms. I noted in the entry that I was using the arms, basically, it hauled itself up, monkey-bar style.

Also, how much explosive are we talking here? Is this basically enough to hurt the folks in the room usung the drone chassis as the shrapnel?

MK-6 Wheeled Drone, 2 Str 6 arms
Arachnoid, walker
Mr. Fix it Walker, 2 arms
Lynx, wheeled
Felix, walker

Almost all the drones are in the R3 revised, the Felix and the Mr Fixit is in the Spwal Survival guide.
Grey
Sorry for the short post, I don't have much time today.

Perception: 05 05 03 02 #D:4 TN:4 H#:5 S:2

Street Etiquette (good rep 2): 10 09 08 05 03 02 #D:6 TN:4 H#:10 S:4
Nikoli
The van will track his position. If it looks like there might be trouble it will alert Murrey.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012