Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extassis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
Ecclesiastes
I thought that Murrey was going to be watching Iblis and our hideout. Astral Quests can take days, so it would be a waste for him to be just hanging out around our sleeping forms for that long.
Nikoli
Wait till some nameless enemy wanders up and say that again...
Ecclesiastes
Well, as far as I knew, we were gunna be hanging out at the house for Bakatare's magic group. I'm sure they've got some security, but if you wanna come chill with us, feel free. smile.gif
BishopMcQ
Has everyone looked and made sure that this won't take longer than our timeline allows for, given that we have to crash a party in a few days? Also, given the response times in Snohomish, I'd much rather have the rigger on the scene with his thermos of coffee and a van full of drones than have to wait for someone to come and rescue our unconscious bodies while we are out...
Nikoli
Hence why someone needs to tell him what to perceive as "normal" so he'll have a clue as to when to react. Also, given the nature of the weapons used against us, I suggest you guys each have a codeword so Murrey knows it's you back in your body and not a visitor.

I'd suggest this stuff as Murrey, but he doesn't know much about magic, so he realistically doesn't know enough to even ask.
Fenris
I would assume that if we didn't have time before the party, the GM would have mentioned it. He's not out to screw us or anything wink.gif

As for the location, well...check the IC post.
Nikoli
Well, lemme know when enough time has passed for Murrey to have realistically picked up the trackers and begun the trip back. with 30 hours of prep time, it should be interesting.

Also, does anyone have a SR listed size of the metroplex?
I ask for that as opposed to looking at a map, because the dev's have been known to "change" things in the game.
Buddha72
Ok happy Monday all!!

I need people to post their flavor text on their prep for the astral quest. Then I am going to bump the thread to the ordeal. Nikoli feel free to post your return and your set up for the over-watch.
Nikoli
Kay-o
BishopMcQ
bumped my part.
Buddha72
Thanks for those that have bumped. Fenris and Blitz please try to post before tomorrow so I can move this baby along to the meaty part. Thanks!
Buddha72
Thanks Blitz!

Ok I think that's everything everyone wanted to do before the quest. I will be bumping in the morning with big chunks of flavor text, so be warned! wink.gif
Buddha72
Ok, the price to pay to the free spirit for the use of the astral gateway power is going to be 2 pts of good karma per person. This will allow everyone to project to the metaplanes together.

Did a little research into astral quests and they take (Rating) D6 hours so you should be done in time also I am doing this with a stronger RPing element so you should be fine.
Nikoli
can I get a map of the layout around the building?
Buddha72
The site where they are meeting the free spirit is out in the wilds of Snohomish. There is no building or buildings for that matter in the area.
Nikoli
so, wide open terrain, no cover, see a car coming for kilometers?
Buddha72
Yep but think more lightly forested field. Some light rolling hills type of thing. You have a clear sight out from the spot. I'll add a little more flavor text for the site. But first shower time!
Buddha72
Ok I just need Whizbang and McQuillan to post their part and then bump forward from there. Happy Monday!
Buddha72
Thanks everyone for being on top of the thread.
Ecclesiastes
I can't wait to see where this leads, it feels like we're back on track finally. smile.gif
Nikoli
I'm a little frightened actually.
We're exposed, I hav eno air support to provide my drones with,
because this is a special place for someones contacts, I can't defend it in the way I'd like, using explosives to make cover less useful, etc.
I'm the only mundane watching you guys.
Fenris
Don't sweat it, Nikoli, Onna's here, and fully capable of handling just about anything that shows up biggrin.gif
BishopMcQ
Except for somekind of sniper death squad who has it out for the little one and our rigger...but that would take at least 2 snipers, maybe 3...

Just kidding...You'll be fine, and I only ask that you keep the explosives away from my body and the free spirit. If you need to blow away the surrounding countryside...by all means.
Nikoli
But Murrey doesn't know that.
Here's the situation as he sees it, a buncha folks he barely knows are sitting in a field, far away from cover, the sprawl, and anything resembling a person he knows.
He knows someone with access to ruthenium planted a tracker/camera on his ride, so as to get shots of people getting in and out, did this in his home, under the watchful eye of the technology he's come to trust his life and well being with. He knows the enemy he faces also has access to ruthenium, and he suspects that the two are linked somehow.
He also knows that he does not know the first thing about magic, other than the misconceptions that civilians have inthe 6th world. To him, you guys are sitting in some grass after sharing a dirty blade to cut yourselves with. He is on high alert and heaven help "Farmer John" should he enter the sensor net before I can stop a grenade from landing in his tractor exhaust.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade this scene for anything. the suspense is killing me.
Buddha72
Blitz - need ya to post hun. If she doesn't post by tonight I'll move it along.
Fenris
Definitely casting spells, just in case they might help:

Increased reflexes: 08 04 (2 successes)
Drain: 11 11 10 05 05 04 04 04 03 03 03 02 02 01 01 01 (8 successes, no drain)

Astral Armor: 23 05 05 05 04 01
Drain: 08 05 05 05 04 04 04 03 03 01 01 01 01 (7 successes, no drain)
Nikoli
Scanner test:
7 5 1 8 9 10

Van Sensor:
8 14 1 10

TADS Sensor + Clearsight:
5 8 7 14

Visual Perception:
9 4 11 5 5 3

Stealth (Perception):
3 4 5 9 9

It's paranoid rigger time.
I assume with the sensor roles, I can lock in the team members by their individual sensor readings.
Blitz
Terribly sorry...tried posting on wednesday but my computer went poo, then I forgot to rewrite it..then I had my weekend (no access to computer outside work) but Im back now smile.gif
Buddha72
As some of you know, we're getting ready to sell our condo so I will only be able to post at night for this week. The rest of the time I need to packing and cleaning but the good news is it will only be this week. Look for a post tonight from me.
Nikoli
Good luck with your move
BishopMcQ
Perception: 09 07 05 05 04 01
Buddha72
Gotcha, still typing up a post.
Ecclesiastes
Heh, that little one liner just blew up. smile.gif
Buddha72
LOL!

I hit a button to post by accident. The next bump is in so feel free to intereact and explore.
Buddha72
Going to hold to give people a chance to post (mainly Fenris and Blitz). Thanks to all for the rapid posting.
Ecclesiastes
I'm gunna toss out a Magic background test to see if I can gleen anything from the symbols.

08 04 03 01
Buddha72
Ok results from the Magic roll:

You are fairly certain this is some variation of the Dweller but it's fairly odd manifestation.

Everyone else can give me some rolls:

Latin
Mythology
Metaplanes
Magic Background
Whizbang
Magic: 8, 5, 5, 3
Latin: 5, 4, 4, 2
BishopMcQ
Magic: 13 05 04 04 04 03 02 02
Magical Threats: 15 07 04 03 01 01
Fenris
Magic: 3, 3, 9, 14, 8, 2
Latin: 3, 4, 4
Buddha72
Waiting for everyone's rolls then I'll give evryone the results of their rolls, including the one Ecci made earlier.
Ecclesiastes
If Magic Threats count, I have that as a specialty for Magic Background. Two more dice: 03 11
Blitz
Mythology: 4
16 05 04 01

Occult (in case it applies) 5
07 05 04 01 01

Magic BG: 4
11 03 02 02

Just an FYI...I am still involved and paying attention, but Im also in the process of moving and pulled in a billion directions. Once I get into the new place (feb 15th) things should start to settle for me. On a positive note, I will have internet at the new place so I'll have more freedom to post!
Buddha72
Ok here's what you know from your rolls. I am going to throw it all up and let you all sort out who says what based on where the info came from i.e. if its info from mythology someone with that skill knows it. The Latin skill people get the Greek info.

Oneiros
In Greek mythology, the Oneiroi were the sons of Hypnos, the god of sleep. They were personifications of dreams—black-winged daemons—and they were said to live on the shores of the Ocean in the far West, in a cavern near the border of Hades. The gods sent dreams to mortals from one of two gates located there: true dreams emerged from a gate made of horn, whereas false dreams threaded their way from a gate fashioned of ivory. The most powerful of the Oneiroi was Morpheus.

Teleute
The Greek word for death.

Aponoia
Greek word that refers to unreason. Unreason being seen as the misuse of thought. This is different than simply not having thought, as the inability to "put things together" can be worse than not even knowing they do in fact fit.

Potmos
A Greek word doing with fate.

Mania
In Greek mythology, Mania ("insanity") was the personification of insanity.

Epithumia
Something to do with longing and want, again a Greek word.

Olethros
A Greek word doing with violence, struggle and battle.

Magic BK and the like.
You are not in any metaplane you have heard tale of. The girl appears to be the Dweller but no one has ever spoken of it in this manifestation. Something seems wrong or not quite right with this astral quest.

Buddha72
Ok just need Whizbang to chime in with a nay or yay at this point. biggrin.gif
Nikoli
Now, to decide if the arm drones can play chess or not...
Buddha72
I am still here, just a little pressed for time. We have just gone into escrow on our new house today after bids back and forth yesterday. I will have some time to post tomorrow morning. Thanks for your patience. biggrin.gif
Ecclesiastes
No problem, I figured that is what was holding you up. Good luck with everything,
Nikoli
Yes, much luck with the house.
Buddha72
Thanks and it seems your well wishing is powerful. We got the house, it's ours come the 3rd of March. Thanks all!!

Back to the show......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012