Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extassis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
Buddha72
Got it on the van.
Nikoli
Searching with the spider drone:
8:9:3:10:3:10
Sensors 1:4

Just realised you may want sensor roll from the van:
10:3:4:11
Grey
You may want to fix your post Buddha. Paladin went outside, not Immortal.
Buddha72
Fixed. embarrassed.gif
Nikoli
Aside form the mess on the 2nd floor are there any distinguishing features in the room?
Buddha72
The room seems to match the one upstairs. The big difference being that this one is still full of debris. It lloks like they (whoever they may be) only cleared space for the ritual work while the 3rd floor was completely cleared for the rave. You will find signs that squatters have used the place from time to time but nobody has recently.
Grey
What does the buildings accross the street and next door look like? Do any of them look like squatter buildings? Cause Paladin wants to ask around the locals to see if anyone saw anyone or anything. If you want to role play it out, cool, but if you are in a hurry to push the story past this point, I'll just throw out an Etiquette roll for you, keeping in mind that he would be using his name to try to take advantage of his Good Rep.

Street Etiquette: 14 05 04 01
Nikoli
Is there anything resembling a fingerprint smudge. With all the blood laying about, there might be something. I realise I don't have foresics gear, but a small smudge on a piece of debris on the outer edge of the space of the area cleared for teh ritual might have something I can use.
Grey
Questions for the building accross the street:

Are the bodies freshly killed?
Is this scene similar to the rave, just on a smaller scale?
Are there any signs of life left in the place?

Here is a perception check in case you need them

Physical: 05 03 02 01
Astral: 10 08 05 04
Buddha72
LOL. You people. grinbig.gif I was just posting stuff and I get notices you all are posting. I am glad to have eager players. (bows deeply)

Grey

Give me your intro blurb for the squatters, I set you up to deliver it.

Nikoli

Rigger question - when rigging, and excuse my ignorance, how are you able to access the info. More precisely, can you see what they see, etc. I am assuming yes but want to make sure. I am one of those weird GMs who knows decking but not rigging. ohplease.gif

Digital Heroin

Just need Perception Test to follow the blood splatters.

Ok - for the timeline I am going to say it's about midnight now. I don't think I every gave you all a day of the week so let's do that too. It was Wednesday, you are heading into Thursday morning. GM style thing - I try to give each character something to do so they get a chance to shine so that's why different folks get different info from Perception Tests. My regular players like Blitz and Fenris know that but wanted to pass the info along so it doesn't seem like I am taking hits on the crack pipe.
Grey
I'd be expecting them to be frightened at first, so it would go something like:

"Easy man, I just want to ask you a few questions. Help me out and I'll do what I can to help you out. My name is Paladin, whats your's? ... Look, something very bad happened in that building over there and I'm looking into it to make sure it doesn't happen again someplace else. Can you tell me if you saw anything strange, or anyone going into the place? There was a party there and you may have seen a lot of strange characters going in there, but did you notice anyone who looked normal? What about before the party, did you see anyone go in or out then?"

Anyone that gives me something to go on gets 100 nuyen.gif in cash. Handed to them with some stealth to avoid them getting jumped for it.
Nikoli
It depends. If I give you intelligence checks with the drones, I'm jumped in. I'm experiencing the world through them completely. So I see it from their perspective. Normally this would mean I would get nothing from the otehr drones, but by virtue of the BattleTac system, I can call up data from any other drone as a simple action.

I'm stacking actions a lot of tiems to simplify, jump into this drone do X when complete jump into next. If it's a simple drone moves to point x and it's not a difficult thing, then assume the drone brain is piloting.

Also, would you have a problem with there being a plank of some kind in the van to be pushed out like a ramp so I can deploy the wheeled drones if necessary? The Mk-6 has 2 arms, standard, so I figure it can hoist itself in and out, but the others need a ramp.
Buddha72
I'm totally okay with the ramp. I assumed that most rigger vans had them for just that reason. I will keep freestyling the rigger thing and just correct me when needed.
Nikoli
No worries.
Grey
Etiquette: 05 04 04 04
Grey
I edited my post, that was a quick reply Nik, I doubt my edits would effect what you do though.
Grey
Nik, I just had a thought. When you talk over the comm, do you use a Transducer? And if yes, wouldn't your speech problem not be an issue then?
Nikoli
It's not just an impediment, it's a compulsion. He can't help it. And yes, it's a transducer.
Buddha72
Ok going to hold for the moment to give Blitz, Digital Heroin and Fenris a chance to reply before moving the thread on.
Grey
You can ward the van? I didn't think it was possible to ward a moving object.
Grey
Nevermind, I just read the book and stand corrected by myself. smile.gif
Nikoli
I was gonna ask, but Murrey knows 2 things about magic. Jack and Shit, and jack got fried by a lightening bolt.
Grey
By the by...does anyone here have any connections with law enforcement well enough that we might get some lab work done on the ash here?

What this said over the comm?
Blitz
Yes
Nikoli
Hey Fenris, did you mean to say cargane instead of carnage, as a jab at Murrey?
Blitz
Assence: 14:8:8:4:4:2

Buddha72
Blitz

He is non-awakened and no cyber at all. He is currently at Moderate wounds (physical) from blunt force trauma. He is addicted to Novacoke and is coming down off of a fix. See the post for the emotional stuff.
Fenris
Asenssing: 3,3,4,4,4,4,5,5,6

Just let me know if there's anything that I got that Moira didn't.

And one more on Paladin, I'm curious about emotional response to the boy:

Nikoli
Mech Arm test to negotiate the stairs:
9:4:4:13 (Handling 4)

The chip is the Sperethiel, so, no I didn't understand what was said before, but I figure I'd know the flowing language when I hear it.
Buddha72
Going to hold here for Paladin and Immortal to have a chance to post. Immortal because he had a blood trail to follow and some rope to check out. Paladin so he can respond to what's happening. I also need to hear back from Bakatare on the elementals.
Grey
QUOTE (Fenris @ Mar 4 2004, 07:05 PM)
And one more on Paladin, I'm curious about emotional response to the boy:

He is looking at the boy as a big brother looks to a sibling. His wanting to take care of him in genuine, but just to get info from him.

edit: OOPS! I only got 1.5 hours sleep last night and typoed that badly. It should have read "His wanted to take care of him is genuine, not just to get info from him."
Fenris
I also need to hear back from Bakatare on the elementals.

"If she stands, simply follow until you recieve other commands."

Nikoli
heh
Blitz
((Whoops!!! Wrong thread!!))

how in the hell did THAT happen??
Blitz
((sorry...double post))
Grey
I'd love to, but we're waiting on Digital Heroin to follow the trail of blood.
Buddha72
Ok I am going to autopilot Digital Heroin to move things along. Hopefully he'll start posting again. We will see. smokin.gif
Buddha72
Grey

Whip me out one more Ett. Test to gain this kid's trust.
Grey
Etiquette (here'd hoping the good rep kicks in): 10 04 04 03
Blitz
Shall I?
Grey
Go for it.
Blitz
actually...that was for Buddha regarding O-girl (who happens to be MY troll wink.gif)
Nikoli
I'm confuzzled
Buddha72
LOL! Go for it Blitz on O-girl. She knows about the massacre, got a call from Iblis and come down to get the high tech gear loaded out. She left to find some runners and you are back at HQ waiting to see what happens. You will have noticed the van pull into the driveway.
Grey
I was saying "Go for it" to just about anything that ment the storyline would advance.

Is Digital Heroin still in the game, he hasn't made a post in a while?
Buddha72
I PMed him and he's still in the game.
Grey
Cool, I didn't want to loose the dynamic between Paladin and Immortal.
Nikoli
No kidding. Hope Dh is okay.
Nikoli
Blitz are you playing 2 characters?
Grey
NO, I think this O-Girl is a PC of hers that Buddha is using as an NPC. Buddha is just letting her role play the NPC because it was her character. O-Girl isn't going to be joining the group or anything like that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012