Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extassis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
Nikoli
Okay, was wondering. Now if only Blitz will respond so we can continue.
Nikoli
Thanks Blitz.

Buddha here are the rolls for compiling the model.
Computer (programming) 2:3:5:8
Security Sweep:
10:9:5:4:3:1
Van sensors: 11:5:4:3
Buddha72
Ok sorry for the slow post day. Life caught up with me and had a ton of stuff to do but I am back now. Posting away!
Nikoli
Please tell me they have an Eletronics shop in the workshop.
Blitz
Influence: Force 6

Target #3
Sorcery: 7:5:4:2:1
Spell Pool: 8:4
Successes: 5

Drain TN 3S
Willpower: 6:6:6:4:3:2:2:1
Successes: 5
Light Drain
Buddha72
Nikoli

There are several kits scattered about the room. With a little hunting around you'll find what you'll need.

All

If you have any Electronics or Mechanical skills give me a roll. You can use a knowledge skill if it involves the same or cybernetics. Open test so just post the skill and the highest number generated.

The time in game is now 3 am.
Fenris
Eight hours later, poof, isntant ward Force 8 ward!

Magic check: 2,2,8,9,4,9,3,8,7,1

4 weeks, tuned to those members of the party I know to be Awakened.
Nikoli
electronics 1:4:4:5
Nikoli
Fenris, just how did you get in the van?
It's locked.
Blitz
Im sure he would have asked for it to be left unlocked and Im DOUBLY sure no one would have told him NO seeing as how he's warding it.
Nikoli
Fair enough. But, isn't that a colossol waste of time? won't the ward be shattered as soon as the vehicle moves?
Fenris
No. The location doesn't need to be stationary, it simply needs to be a space defined by physical barriers. I couldn't ward a random empty space in a field. The barriers in this case will be the walls, floor, and roof of the van.

[EDIT]And rather then drag the process out for another two or three posts, I assumed you'd give me access to the van, as we've already discussed the fact that we were going to ward it just as soon as we had time, and you agreed.[/EDIT]
Buddha72
Give Fenris a gold star!!

That's correct. biggrin.gif
Nikoli
Like I said before, good point.
Yes, Murrey opened it for you.
Buddha72
Going to bump the story line around 5 pm PST (my time) to when Iblis gets back to the house with your money.
Nikoli
Intelligence check to search the Toyota.
11:5:2:17:3:3

How much was parking?
Buddha72
Nikoli

It will cost 20 nuyen to get the car. The car looks clean.

Blitz

What force ward did you create on the house?
Nikoli
Noted, thanks.
Blitz
My plan is to ward for 6 hours (Force 6 ward)

Then to take a much needed shower to refresh myself, mind and body.

Then to sit down with Izzy and see if he's comfortable with letting me mind probe him.
Blitz
what time does Iblis arrive?
Buddha72
The time in game is now 11 am.
Blitz
Eep...my warding only took me 6 hours...I should have been able to begin the mind probe if Izzy was willing at around 9:30 (giving time for a shower)
Blitz
Drat...it looks like the time line crept forward. Nevermind....I think I can salvage it
Fenris
Buddha, do I know any spells that might be effective on the nomads without hurting the hosts? Perhaps mana only spells on the astral, or Spirit Blast or something?
Blitz
Sorry...brain fried...dont remember my target numbers here
Mind Probe: Force 6
Drain: 3S
Resisted: W®

Centering: 6
8:8:5:4:2:1

Sorcery: 7 + 5 Spell Pool (not re-rolling 6's)
6:6:6:5:5:4:4:3:2:1:1:1

Drain: 8 + 2 Spell Pool
6:6:6:5:4:3:3:2:1:1
Nikoli
Fenris, what about spirit bolt?
Nikoli
How sure would I feel about the connection between the wierd tracker on my van and the crushed walker drone at the club? Do I think the same peron worked on both or possibly had the same teacher, etc?
Grey
Astral Perception: 08 05 05 02
Buddha72
Fenris

Mana based spells would affect the Nomad and leave the host uninjured. Physical based spells would affect the host but not the Nomad. The spirit line of spells would work as well.

Nikoli

You are pretty confident that the bug and drone are the handiwork of the same person or persons. The parts all have the same uniform lack of identification. I assumed that you took a look at it during the down time. You found the memory contained still photos of Changlings attending the rave. Every person photographed was accounted for amongst the dead. You put the final body count at 53 people.
Nikoli
Thanks.

Who currently has the Battle-tac receiver?
There is a text message on it.
Grey
Paladin has one.
Nikoli
Were there any other drone on the sunscriber list?
Co-ordinates of the rigger in control?
Buddha72
Nikoli

One other drone and this one seems to have been relayed through a condor (the other drone) and then a SAT-link of some sort. The SAT-link info is heavily encrypted and seems to have mods to it that seem more computer based than riggering. You've heard of all sorts of nasty things deckers can do to stored data.
Nikoli
So this looks like a rigging emulator thing, not a rigged thing?
Buddha72
You think so. wobble.gif
Nikoli
Gotcha.
Blitz
sorry...will post when I get home.
Buddha72
Uhm........what happened? You forgot about me and my little thread? frown.gif
Grey
Look that way. sarcastic.gif

But I'm sure we'll forgive her.
Blitz
sorry...ive had NO time...i can't wait until this f*#$% conference is over.

I PROMISE Ill post tonight
Buddha72
HA HA! My 2nd successful link thingie! I have mastered this technology!
Nikoli
Grats. BTW, that art is wicked
Blitz
well buddha? what additional details can I give them?
Buddha72
Blitz & Nikoli

Izzy never got a good look at the plates on the van but tthe body type matches the Leyland-Rover Transport (I am assuming you have a complete index of current vehicles) design.
Nikoli
Thanks.
Buddha72
Blitz & Nikoli

Going to jump the gun and give you all the info. The exterior of the van has nothing unusual to it that Izzy could see. Moira is pretty confident that she could recognize any of the four people if she saw them again.

All

Just to make sure no one forgets anything. You have a blood sample, a syringe with traces of something in it, some rope from the ceiling, and samples from the ritual area in the clue bin for the Scooby gang to track down old man Withers with. biggrin.gif
Grey
I forgot about the syringe, I just edited my last IC post to inclued that.
Nikoli
Does the workroom have any chem tools?
Buddha72
No such tools here.
Nikoli
Does it have a steel bucket, lighter fluid, a ceramic bowl and a lighter?
I'm thinking I could use the gas spectrometer, zero out the fumes, etc of the lighter fluid, and burn a sample of the materiel in the syringe.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012