Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extassis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
Buddha72
There's been a very splashy group of late, called the Sons of Adam. There was a news blurb of a compound out in Snohomish that went up like a roman candle sometime in Nov. They have used SURGE as a sign that society has strayed too far from the true tribe of man. The compound was packed full of explosives that somehow went off. It was believed to be a staging area for terrorist attacks against SURGE afflicted people. There was evidence of plans for local clinics that were treating Changelings.

For clubs, you know the all the classier nightspots are not very Changeling friendly. Many people still believe that it's a disease that can be passed on to others. The more extreme expressions of SURGE are having the hardest time of it. Nothing stands out in particular.
Nikoli
oh goody, I might get to blow shit up...
Grey
Oh my god... I totally messed up on my character creation. Its been forever since I've been handed a hunk of karma to spend like that and I totally forgot to take the skills to go along with my Centering and Divination Metamagics... bleh.
Nikoli
Not to sounds callous but...
D'oh
Buddha72
Hehe. I do stuff like that all the time.
Buddha72
Grey

You have heard of the Looking Glass, word is that if you need a safe place and you're a Changling look for the Red Queen and her sigil. It's rumored to be a floating rave that meets once or twice a week. Some people have even said that there's a decker out there connected with it as well.
Nikoli
Are there any Changling lobbyist groups out there with questionable enough ethics they would be willing to bomb a few dozen of their own and blame it on another group if it would force the issue to the headlines?
Politics: 7:11:4
Buddha72
No groups pop out at you or individuls.
Nikoli
Who was the Sons of Adam information for?
Buddha72
Nikoli and Grey got the Sons of Adam intel.
Fenris
By the way, assensing tests across the board (just the other runners), pick the order at your convenience:

1: 1,9,1,5,4,3,5,10,7 - 6 successes
2: 5,4,2,7,1,10,7,8 - 6 successes
3: 3,3,11,7,1,5,3,5,4 - 5 successes
4: 11,13,1,1,1,1,3,9,1 - 3 successes

Utilizing (Aura Reading/2)+Int dice.
Buddha72
Ok I need a show of hands who is Masking and what they are showing with the Mask. I have everyone's sheet except Moira (HELLO!! SEND ME YOUR CHARACTER!!) so I can do the rolls for piercing the Masking.
Grey
Paladin is fully masked, including his weapon focus. Please roll for my astral perception as well please.
Blitz
:: Grovels at the feet of the great Buddha. ::

please forgive a unworthy player of thy masters wrath, we begs forgiveness from most Holy Buddha.

((Ill have it for you on Sat.))
Nikoli
I'll take #2
I'll fill in the details when I get home and have the BBB in front of me.

Anyone else that's astrally perceiving the party want to post their results?
Blitz
Actively masking, ALL the time....looks like a mundane.

Nikoli
Only masking I do involves tape when I paint a car...
Fenris
Masking to mundane, focus suppressed.
Blitz
You might want to move that post to ooc, and Moira is NOT assensing..that would be Bakatare
Buddha72
Ok all, your Masking held so please post your Masked aura. Keep in mind there is a +1 TN modifier from the background count of the club so the TN for assensing is 5. So slap up the results and then we just need Immortal's reply to the job. Thanks. cool.gif
Nikoli
Sons of Adam, they related to the 7th Seal group?

Politics: 2:5:3
Digital Heroin
Question, one I was going to post before viral scare #2 for the week on my computer... does Magic Resistance have an effect on someone's aura?
Buddha72
Nikoli

Not that you know of.

Digital Heroin

Magic Resistance has no effect on aura reading.

Nikoli
And Now, perception tests for the mundane guy...
Digital: 5:5:9:5:3:4
Fenris: 3:3:2:1:2:5
Blitz: 3:9:1:2:10:5
Grey: 4:2:4:8:2:5
Blitz
what are we waiting for?
Nikoli
Looks like we are waiting for Buddha72 at this point
Grey
Aye.
Fenris
Nothing worse then a lazy GM...wish someone would tell him that this is the death of most online games. All these players, eager to go, just sitting around waiting for him to do something, anything to move the game forward.
Blitz
QUOTE (Fenris)
Nothing worse then a lazy GM...

Your character is soooo gonna get eaten by some random paranormal animal.
Fenris
Bah, I'm not scared. Bring it on, I say! wink.gif
Nikoli
Buddha come back
Grey
I'm sure he'll be back, we just need to be a little patient.
Nikoli
Bah, [kidding]to hell with patience, I want to play now[/kidding].

biggrin.gif rotfl.gif grinbig.gif
Fenris
Are those little [kidding] tags supposed to save you?
Nikoli
No, just being a silly person
BishopMcQ
Hey Folks--

Buddha got trapped in the real world, and should be online by this evening, 02/24/04, to loose all forms of mayhem.

ciao for now.

BTW--Blitz, tag you're it.
Nikoli
No...not the...REAL WORLD... eek.gif
c'est la vie (I apologize if I spelled it incorrectly)
Blitz
Eep!
Buddha72
Hey all!! I am back, had to fly to SF to participate in some civil disobedience surrounding gay marriage!! I am back and will post more tonight. For the record I am pro-gay marriage.

PS Thanks for the call Blitz, you're a doll.

PPS Fenris- you should know better by now. I point to the quote "I like boys with spines, they make a noise when you break them."
Blitz
Oooooo....political demonstration! WHY WASN'T I INVITED?!
Fenris
Are you pro-gay marriage?
Blitz
Well yeah....aren't you?
Grey
QUOTE (Buddha72)
For the record I am pro-gay marriage.

I think that is what the man said.
Nikoli
Woot. Pro-Gay marriage.
Nikoli
Looks like I'll have to switch vehicles on the way, no way I'm taking the Elite into Redmond.
Nikoli
From what I know of Redmond, what is the area that address is in like?
Nikoli
I also want to see if there are any reputable parking garages within 35 km of my house between here and Redmond.
Local Knowledge: 7:5:5:7
Buddha72
From the address you know that the area is mostly squats, some small time gangs claim buildings in the area. You know that you could get away with carrying firearms out in open. Actually might be better, would keep the more aggressive elements at bay. You know the Star won't show up until some form of heavy explosive went off.
Nikoli
Grey, what is the body of your 'steed'?
Chances are it'll fit in the back with the drones.
Grey
Body of 2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012