Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extassis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
Nikoli
Umm, the drone shot the knee of BG2, not whip boy.
Buddha72
Sorry about the mix up. frown.gif Just going to roll forward as it stands.

Grey/Paladin - Checked the main book and the only ranged combat modifier is if the attacker is in melee and that's a +2. Also, once you reach Deadly its every 2 successes raises the Power by one.

All - to keep things going at an ok pace please let me know how much cover you're taking (8 pts/4 pts/2 pts) so I can go forward without another post to clarify.

Again sorry for the mistakes but I am learning as we go. spin.gif

Next up is Fenris/Bakatare.
Nikoli
It's cool, I switched targets there suddenly, but I figured that with that dmg from the staff, BG3 was down, wanted to deal with BG2.
Fenris
I'm taking 4 points of cover from the advesaries in the yard. I'll move out of the van partially to get LOS on the gentleman targeting Moira.

Centering: 4,3,1

Stunbolt: 2,3,3,4,4,5,7,10,15

Drain: 1,1,2,2,3,4,4,4,6,6 (drained away)

Sorry I left a ton of info out. I am casting it at Force 4 and wound level at Deadly. I am currently sucking +5 in modifiers.
Buddha72
Ok - next is BG2, he's taking some movement back (+1 from walking) and quick drawing some darts of some sort. Going to attempt to nail Grey/Nikoli with one and then switch (+2 for switching targets) to hit Digital Heroin with the other.

Grey/Paladin - 5 successes, do you want to try and dodge?

Digital Heroin/Immortal - 7 successes with 1 karma for a reroll, do you want to try and dodge?
Nikoli
eek.gif

I'm a character?
Ecclesiastes
Using the last of my combat pool to dodge.

Dodge: 13 05 05 03 01

1 Karma reroll: 07 03

2 more Karma reroll: 05

w00t! Dodged smile.gif
Buddha72
LOL!!! The fingers are faster than the brain!!
Buddha72
Still waiting for Digital Heroin/Immortal to post dodge or not.

Ecclesiastes/Paladin - you have to beat the number of successes to dodge completely.
Ecclesiastes
*reads page 113*

Whoa! I've been playing that one wrong for years.
Nikoli
?!?!?!?
Ecclesiastes
Still waiting for Immortal to dodge/resist damage. I've been trying to message him on AIM all day, but haven't got a reply.
Buddha72
Ok, going to bump it tomorrow and just run his character for the rest of combat so it can move along. Sorry that this has slowed down. frown.gif
Nikoli
Not your fault.
Buddha72
DO THE BUMP!!!!

Ok, Ecclesiastes/Paladin we resolved the attack. At the end of this combat turn you'll suffer a M Stun and no damage now from the dart. Digital Heroin/Immortal has suffered a M Stun as well with no damage from the dart. Don't forget to apply the +2 modifier when we reroll initiative.

Will post the IC thread results along with Digital Heroin/Immortal's actions then next up will be Blitz/Moira's city spirit. When it's actions comes up there will be one bad guy left, BG4 so I am going to assume its going to confuse him. BG4 is confused and lost his action so I just need to know what Moira is going to do.

So the question I have for you all is this. With Digital Heroin not responding to any contact to jump back in the game, any suggestions on what to do?
Nikoli
DH has had similair behavior of late in other threads.
We don't his current situation, there may be a good reason for this and I would hold off any drastic measures until intent behind the observed behavior is found.
Blitz
My action was spent speaking more than my free action would allow.

As for DH, I would suggest auto piloting him for the time being until he either checks in or until an opportune moment for him to leave the group IC.
Nikoli
I love the transducer...
Ecclesiastes
I know it isn't Paladin's turn just yet, but just in case no one is going to do anything else and just let Paladin tag the guy with a G-S round, here is my rolls for that action.

Fast Draw: 10 05 04 03 02 01
Aim (just in case there are TN mods I don't know about)
Shoot: 10 04 03 03 03 02

The TN should be 1 (4 close range, -2 smartlink, -1 aim), so that is 6 successes. Base damage is 7M stun + 10D stun.
Blitz
FYI...though it doesn't matter in this situation...minimum TN is always 2
Buddha72
Ok for ease of play I am going to let Ecclesiastes/Paladin take out the last baddie without everyone rerolling initiative. So feedback? Did you feel challenged? Too easy? Let me know.
Nikoli
Tough to say. we're still working out our tactics. this could have gone either way.

Ecclesiastes
I thought it went well. They had some nasty things to throw at us, but we worked together to get through it. Paladin is still not too happy to have DS going through his system for the next hour.
Nikoli
Buddha72, is the house flat? can my wheeled drones navigate okay through it?
Buddha72
Your drones would have no problem moving through the interior of the house.
Nikoli
Okay.

Are all of the known BG's down and accounted for? there were 2 that I remember of the top in side the house or near the front door, and 1 in the back that shot moira.

My plan right now (soon to be changed depending on the answer) is this:
Sere any open wounds on the bodies with the soldering iron in the MK-6's eletronics kit, (reduces need to clean up blood later)

Have Mr- Fix-it and MK-6 load bodies into van

Load the unconscious guy into the van

search house with TADS and MP-5 drones

locate spray bottle and ammonia in kitchen and have MK-6 begin the basic scrub down, theory being that while the blood is still obvious, no DNA testing can be done and it becomes ruined for ritual linking as it has eracted chemically.

If Ib or her troll friend are still on-site we'll see them safely as possible into the van.

Suggestions, comments, alternate ideas?
p.s.
I suggest we get the ATV unloaded and off-site asap as I need the space for our uninvited guests.
Ecclesiastes
Sounds good. Paladin can take the ATV and just let it go on autopilot, since he is in no condition to be driving.
Nikoli
Okay Buddha, what are the die rolls you want from me?

I was thinking of letting the two drones with arms work autonomously, until they run into issues that is, guarded by the LMG lynx.

I would remain in the MP5 SL with the TADS scouting for me.

Also, what is the exposure at teh entrance we were using and found the baddies? Are we clearly visible from the neighbrs houses or streeet?
Ecclesiastes
I just got promoted at work (yay!), which means that I'm going to start becoming much busier and won't have as much time to game (boo!). Unfortunately, I'm not going to be posting quite as much as I normally do, but this is one of the games that I've decided to stick with. Just waned to let you all know.
Nikoli
Grats.

Dang

Cool
Buddha72
They are all down and I am just waiting for some IC thread posting on actions.
Nikoli
During the time we stayed here, did Murrey notice automated cleaning drones, or was it manual cleaning?
Blitz
Ok...not sure if basic Heal will do anything against poison. but it should help repair any physical damage. Let me know how you want to work it.

As for the assensing...
Int 6: 6:5:5:3:1:1 (3 Successes)
Assense 4: 4:4:2:0 (2 successes)
Buddha72
Happy Monday All-

The house did indeed have some cleaning drones, decked out in the usual gawdy theme that prevades the home.

Heal/Treat won't do much but there are spells that can help with poisons just as an FYI.

The weekly karma treat rolls down into your bowls (1) so feast!! spin.gif
Nikoli
Scanner test from MK-6
15:5:5:5:4:2
Ecclesiastes
I'm gunna go through my Orc Underground connections to setup a secure location we can use for a little while. Let me know if you want me to roll anything or whatever.
Buddha72
I am assuming Nikoli you are looking for the channel of the house cleaning drones and you got it. You also find active signals on each body as you load them.

Correct me if wrong.
Buddha72
Ok word has come down and Digital won't be able to continue on with us. Arrangements are being made to bring you all in another player and to give Immortal a graceful exit. Stay tuned for more details.

Just need to know what everyone is doing next. I have Nikoli cleaning up evidence of the fight and collecting bodies. Fenris is checking the house with ample drone support. Blitz anything you want to do. Will post results and then bump you all to the safehouse to regroup.
Ecclesiastes
Paladin gets into the new room and rests to heal some of the Stun damage he took. Do you want some body rolls from me, or do you want to roll them? If you want me to, how much time do I get to rest before the group shows up?
Blitz
Id like to make a physical search of the home, but dont have time to make a big lengthy post IC...your call on if you want to bump it faster.
Buddha72
Ecclesiastes
I think you will at least have an hour so go ahead and roll it.

Blitz
I can wait till tonight my dear. You're always worth waiting for. love.gif
Ecclesiastes
I thought you were gay proof.gif

wink.gif
Buddha72
Queer as a 3 dollar bill honey!!
Nikoli
Nice to know my internet gay-dar wasn't lost when I got married....

BTW, any shareable details on DH? He's got a character in my game as well

Edit:
I will have the MK-6 separate the items giving off active signals, so if you'd like to post the flavor text and list of offending gear, please go right ahead.
Buddha72
I just know he/she (not sure on real life gender) that they are dropping off for awhile. Sorry no more details. frown.gif
Nikoli
Okay, thanks. Little disappointed that DH didn't PM me about this.
Ecclesiastes
Body test to heal stun: 10 08 07 05 05 04 03 02

I don't recall off the top of my head, how much does that heal?
Buddha72
The test is 2 plus wound modifiers. Take the number of successes and divide them into an hour. That's how many minutes it takes each box to heal for stun damage.

I bumped the thread in IC so things can start moving again.
Ecclesiastes
Ok, after the hour I'm rested up then.
Buddha72
Everyone welcome Paul to the mix!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012