Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extassis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
Fenris
Blitz - Except on drain, oddly enough wink.gif Force 5 becomes 2, +2 for a total of 4.

Willpower: 15 11 08 04 04 03 (3 successes)

Damn, dice roller was my friend today wink.gif
Whizbang
8, 7, 5, 3, 2, 2

hope that 4 was for if I needed to stage....

For actions, pretty much just sustaining the barrier, and taking advantage of that fireresistant coat.
Blitz
Once again..I am without dice..someone help me out?

Willpower 6.

As far as actions...A. can I increase my speed (Im thinking more like a willpower deal to fight through it more) and B. Can I pass through the barrier?
Whizbang
11, 5, 4, 2, 2, 1 gah! cat!

well, there you go Blitz...*chases down cat and dice*
Blitz
How many successes do we need to avoid being flambéed?
Buddha72
The barrier is a physical one so you will need to have it dropped to pass through. If you have Masking I would be willing to let you try to pass through it like a ward.

You need to meet or beat the number of successes to avoid the flash frying.
Blitz
So effectively Id have to get 4 more 8's on 5 dice if I karma, and getting a lower number of successes wont help my situation?

Just want to make sure it's as much of a waste of karma as it appears.
BishopMcQ
does fire resistance and half impact help here?
Buddha72
It will not since the fires will be generated inside your bodies. vegm.gif

Successes do count. Like any sort of attack roll in SR3 more net successes has the ability to stage the damage up.
BishopMcQ
I was hoping...will get rolls up tonight after work.
BishopMcQ
Willpower 6
13 10 04 03 03 02 (2 successes)

It looks like all of us are cooking to some degree.
Blitz
I suppose I'll karma then...somebody help me out smile.gif (needs to remember to smuggle dice into work) anyone have a good dice roller?
Fenris
Karma'ing the Willpower Roll: 08 10 04 (5 successes, met the number, no damage)

Used a 6th, 7th, and 8th point of karma.

Blitz - http://www.irony.com/shadowroll.html

Blitz
Thankie Fenris..

Ok..karma:
1: 4
2: 6 + 4 = 10. ... Success
3: 2
4: 2
5: 6 + 6 + 6 + 4 = 22. ... Success

that's a strange format smile.gif but it works!

So that gives me 3 success total, leaving you 2 net
Blitz
Im getting on a plane this evening for Vegas then San Diego. I will try and find my way to a computer to stay updated, but if need be, please auto-run my character to keep from holding up the thread. Wont be getting home until around the 4th.
BishopMcQ
since we haven't moved on yet, I'll sneak some Karma action in...

04 04 03 02 (re-roll 1)

14 09 08 03 (re-roll 2) 3 pts of karma spent.

A total of 5 successes earned...no cookage for me.
Buddha72
Ok with Blitz out for the bit I am inclined to wait for her to get back since this is her part of the astral quest.

Is that kosher with everyone? Please let me know. If it is we will take this week off and resume next Monday. Sound off people!
Cedric Rolfsson
cool with me, us meatbods aren't doing a whole lot right now anyway.
Buddha72
Sorry about that and I appreciate you hanging in there while the astral quest wraps up.
Cedric Rolfsson
That's okay, I'm just saving up on all the hostility until I can find a bad guy. smile.gif

No problems here.
Nikoli
After hitting one with a bumper, I'm good for a while...
Fenris
Works fine for me!
BishopMcQ
SIGH!

I guess so...but I'm still collecting my karma drip! wink.gif
Buddha72
Happy Monday all, I am still here but will need to post tomorrow morning when I have some more time. See ya then!
Buddha72
Ok here's the result of the 2nd round of actions with the fire and the child.

Bakatare - no damage but you still have an action for this round you can take.

Angelina - you are taking a Moderate physical wound and you also still have an action for this round.

Shiver - no damage and you still have an action for this round as well.

Blitz - Moderate physical wound and you had mentioned trying to pass thorugh the Physical Barrier using the rules found under Masking for passing through wards so I still need some rolls for that.

Sorry for the day delay but the 4th of July traffic was quite terrible this year so I didn't get home till much later.
BishopMcQ
Sorry Buddha--I was at the end of the round and waiting to see what everyone else did. Shiver will remove his coat, move to the front of the group at the barrier and spread it. Basically I'm trying to block as much LOS as possible with my impromptu wall so as to keep the kid from burninating the people behind me. It's my guess that since I am holding the coat there, I would still be a valid target.
Whizbang
Pretty much just holding the barrier... though would I still be able to use shielding, or does that need to be at the beginning of a round of combat?

Oh doh....realized that that was just karma spending for after we get out of here... Angelina/Desdemona started the game uninitiated. But oh well...question is still good for future applications.
Buddha72
You could use Shielding dice while maintaining a spell.
Blitz
Im baaaack smile.gif

Can someone help me out here? Dont have my Magic book anymore so I cant look up the rules on what I need to be rolling for trying to penetrate that wall
Buddha72
Sorry hun I'm in Gearhart, OR at the moment with no gaming books but maybe some other kind soul can post the info?
BishopMcQ
opposed test, Initiation Grade vs Force.
Buddha72
Happy Monday!!

So things really didn't move last week so I am bringing the GM stick out and want to get this astral quest wrapped up so we can get back to the rest of the run and the rest of the players. So I still need a response from Blitz (rolls at this point I think) and Fenris.

POST!! biggrin.gif
Blitz
My bad! So sorry smile.gif

Initiate Grade 5:
11:8:3:1:1
Fenris
So, I'll drop another healing spell on Moira.

TN (4+2 sustaining +1 wounds) = 7.

Focused concentration, so the modifier from sustaining is only +1. (TN = 6)

Centering to reduce penalties: 08 05 02 01 (TN=5)
Karma (1, 2, and 3): 11 04 04

Casting: 11 11 10 08 08 05 05 05 04 04 04 04 02 01 (8 successes)
Healed 4 boxes, time to sustain is ~ 3 rounds.

Drain (TN=3M): 10 09 04 03 02 02 02 01 (4 successes, no drain)
Buddha72
Barrier Force 6 - TN 5
02 02 03 04 04 05 (1 success)

Moira you are able to pass through the barrier. Throwing up the IC post now. Thanks for the quick responses all. wink.gif
Buddha72
Ok next round of mini-combat. With Shiver blocking line of sight to the rest of you outside the barrier, he will be bearing the brunt of the attack.

Shiver 7 hits (base damage is 8M this round)

Moira I will need a Charisma roll from you. Your TN is 8 and you need at least 2 successes. You are in a soul wrestling match with your son.

Everyone else I just need your actions (if any) this round. Don't forget any modifiers from drain, wounds, etc.
Fenris
I'll hold, and throw a heal at Shiver if he takes damage.
Blitz
Ok..Im a bit lost as far as damage goes. Not sure how much I took from the first fire, then I took a Moderate from the internal fire and Bakatare healed me for 4 boxes. How much damage do I still have now?

Charisma: 7
1: 5
2: 1
3: 6 + 4 = 10. ... Success
4: 6 + 2 = 8. ... Success
5: 2
6: 3
7: 6 + 5 = 11. ... Success
BishopMcQ
Just checking is this more internal fire or external?
Buddha72
More insides roasting.
BishopMcQ
I'm going to attempt to center against the damage...not sure if it works that way or not...but it's a weird metaplane...I will try to focus my mind...

Willpower 6
14 05 04 04 03 03
Centering 6
09 08 03 03 02 02

Karma 1
W- 10 09 04 04 02
C- 08 05 03 02

Karma (2&3)
W-11 02 01
C-11 05 02

With karma, I can stage it down to a Serious. If the centering helps I can knock off enough of the remaining successes that it won't stage and I take a moderate...
Nikoli
I'm suddenly reminded of GWAR...
"Napalm sticks to little children..."
Buddha72
I like the idea of the Centering so I will say it will help you since you're an adept and your magic is grounded in your body.
Blitz
Singing 6: *wink*

1: 5
2: 6 + 5 = 11.
4: 1
5: 4
6: 3

English Translation: (In a Glade, Ukrainian Folk Song, Milla Jovovich)

In the forest near the Danube river,
there is a nightingale singing,
he sings to gather everyone from his family

there is a bass vibrating and a fiddle crying,
I think of a place where my lovely one is strolling now

I am sick with my loneliness,
crying, I want to fly like a bird,
to where my lovely one is now.
Blitz
Centering for successes on that roll (thanks buddha!)

1: 3
2: 5
4: 6 + 5 = 11.
5: 5
6: 6 + 2 = 8.
Fenris
McQ - Eww.

Alright, casting Heal at Force 3, and casting an Armor spell Force 4 on Moira:

Armor first for Moira:
Centering(6) : 10 03 01 01 (nothing)
Armor Force 4 (9) (6 + 2 sustained spells +1 wounds): 10 05 05 03 03 01 (one success, +4 ballistic and impact)
Drain(6M) (2 +2 + 2 sustained spells = 6): 11 04 04 03 02 01 01
Light stun sustained

Healing Force 3 -
Centering(6): 11 05 01 01 (nothing)
Heal(8) (4 +3 for sustained spells +1 for wounds): 09 05 05 04 03 03 02 01 01
Drain(4M) (1 +3 sustained spells): 11 10 09 04 01 01 01
No additional damage sustained
Buddha72
Happy Monday all!!

Combat has ended for those in the astral quest. The wave of force and fire does not damage you since the barrier spell was up.
Buddha72
Questers!!

Uhm it's all you folks now, anyone going to do anything like comfort or talk to Moira?
Blitz
Psh...everyone hates me :'(
Fenris
Sorry I was slow on the posts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012