Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OOC: Extassis
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
Fenris
Git' on it! ;D

As a quick note, the original group will have basically 9k (that includes the original signup fee + basically 7 days worth of work, and brings us up to date through Wednesday night, which is the night of Michael's party).

Additionally, there is a time-line posted here.
Cedric Rolfsson
Okay, so this bodyguard adept chick, I'm proposing we start off with me smashing away from a couple of meters while Hiroto gets in close. Could we expect maybe an elemental assist?
Fenris
The best bet with the adept would be a fire elemental using a spell. Physical attacks, like from an earth elemental, are just not throwing enough dice to tangle with her successfully, and even if she can't damage it because of the Immunity to Normal Weapons she can basically ignore it.

I'd like to hold off on tossing the flammable stuff out till it looks like we actually have to have it.

A better tactic would be to have a city spirit (Blitz?) put a city spirit under my command, and then I can use perception to make you guys harder to hit, and confusion to make it harder for her to hit.
Buddha72
Happy Tuesday (yep I missed Monday) but I have company from out of town but I am here. I really think at this point it's back to you all. Post away any actions (at least get rid of the body *smile*) that you all want to resolve (like the current hit on the team). I am here use me!! biggrin.gif
Nikoli
Too bad the only bodies Murray can be rid of involve auto-parts
Buddha72
hehe

Hiya all, this is the weekly bump from me. Thanks for the updated Hiroto and reminder to the rest to get their updated characters to me so you can use all that yummy karma. I like the planning so far and encourage it.

It seems the IC thread has come to a stand still so this ie me checking you don't need anything from me to get it moving again. Let me know.
BishopMcQ
I will try to get an update to you tonight.
Buddha72
Happy Monday all!

As usual add your weekly drip of karma to the pool. I'll be pushing the IC thread this afternoon.

I need Etiquette rolls from everyone pls.
Buddha72
Ok just sent out a batch of PMs to see if I can round up the last stray players from this game. I will give them two days and if no response we move forward with me NPCing whoever doesn't put in an apprearance. That work for everyone?
Cedric Rolfsson
Etiquette Roll:

No skill to speak of:

Chr 5, someone tell me what to roll.
BishopMcQ
Roll Charisma. The TN will be at a +4 for defaulting to an attribute.

Etiquette 4
10 05 05 02
Cedric Rolfsson
Hmmm, this isn't going to go well:

You asked for 5 rolls and your target is unknown ... here are the results:

1: 2
2: 1
3: 6 + 3 = 9.
4: 2
5: 4

Well, maybe, maybe, I got one success.
Tashio
If street spec is applicable add 3 rolls after /.
Ettiquette / Street

5 5 9 / 2 2 5
Cedric Rolfsson
BishopMQ, is Aaron with Shiver? If he is he'll post what data he has on Raja Khan.
BishopMcQ
My understanding is that we are all in the apartment at the moment. Murray and Bakatare may be out, as they take the body down with the drones and the illusion, but we have a reasonable amount of time.

If you want it to be just between the two of them and not aired in front of the team, reasonable accomodation of stepping into another room can be attained.
Buddha72
If you want to talk in private just post something IC about stepping into another room then chat in PMs or something similar. Just make sure to let me know what went down. Thanks!

I am giving Fenris today to post and if nothing by tomorrow morning then I'll move forward IC. I have heard nothing from Blitz and Whizbang so I am going to start NPCing them so we can move forward from here. So big bump tomorrow. Thanks all!
Fenris
Etiquette (Defaulting to CHA): You asked for 6 rolls and your target is unknown ... here are the results:

1: 5
3: 6 + 3 = 9.
4: 5
5: 1
6: 6 + 5 = 11.

Invisibility on the body (F3, Sorcery 8 + Spell Pool 2): 1: 6 + 3 = 9. ... Success
3: 2
4: 6 + 4 = 10. ... Success
5: 2
6: 5 ... Success
7: 4 ... Success
8: 1
9: 4 ... Success
10: 2

5 successes at Force 3.

Drain (2M, Willpower 7): 1: 2 ... Success
2: 2 ... Success
3: 2 ... Success
4: 5 ... Success
5: 3 ... Success
6: 4 ... Success
7: 5 ... Success

7 Successes, no drain

Levitate to drop it down to the street F4(T4, Sorcery 7): 1: 5 ... Success
2: 4 ... Success
3: 3
4: 5 ... Success
5: 5 ... Success
6: 3
7: 1

Drain (2M, Willpower 7): 1: 5 ... Success
3: 6 + 1 = 7. ... Success
4: 3 ... Success
5: 5 ... Success
6: 6 + 5 = 11. ... Success
7: 2 ... Success

6 successes, no drain.

Buddha72
WOOT!

Our home study was finally approved for adoption! We need to scramble around to get ready for an adoption matching event tomorrow so the post will happen Monday, sorry for the delay but our kids are out there waiting for us to find them!
Buddha72
Happy Monday all!

As usual the weekly drip of karma and the call out for updated characters if you want to capitalize on the karma for the party ahead.

Posting away with the appropriate puppet mastering of the following characters: Moira and Angelina for the moment.
Buddha72
Everyone had at least one success on the Etiquette test so you all sense an strong undercurrent of fear coming from Desdemona, something about the death has shaken her up and rattled her.
Buddha72
Hey all!

Weekly karma as usual. Fenris has ask for me to hold bumping the IC thread until later this week so he can finish finals and get some last minute things done for the night of the party. So come Friday we move to the night of the party so this is the last week to get to me the changes to your characters. Also you have a day to learn new spells, get gear, etc so use the time if you need it. At this point you should have large enough karma pools to get you you need in such short notive and if not, don't forget your contacts and employer out there for requests.
Buddha72
Ok I missed the bump on Friday but today is the day. I will be bumping to just before the party. Last chance for anyone to get revised characters to me for the actual run. I will be NPCing the same two characters as before so we can finish this up.
Fenris
Only thing I can think that I need is some summoning time. Since we have about 21 hours before the party, I'm going to skip the sleep and see how many summonings I can get off.

Chatted with Buddha, he said I could make a (body+will) / 2 test, TN 4, to avoid the modifiers for one day. So, Body + Will = 10 / 2 = 5:

1: 5 ... Success
2: 6 + 4 = 10. ... Success
3: 5 ... Success
4: 3
5: 2

Next, summoning #1 (5 hours).

Centering for successes (Centering 5, TN 5): 3, 3, 9, 1, 5
2 Successes

Force 5 Great Form Air Elemental (+1 body, +1 armor), (TN 5, Conjuring 6 + Power Foci 1 + Ally Spirit 3): 3, 5, 3, 4, 8, 3, 1, 5, 5, 4
+1 from Centering gives 5 successes.

Drain: 2, 1, 1, 5, 2, 3

Karma #1: 2, 5, 2, 9, 5

4 successes, no drain.

Great Form Test (TN 10 - 4 = 6): 5, 4, 1, 16, 4, 2, 1, 5, 7, 4
Success.

Great Form drain (TN 10 - 4 = 6M): 2, 5, 2, 9, 5, 10
Karma #2: 1, 9, 1, 2
Karma #3 + #4: 17, 4, 4
4 successes, no drain.

Summoning #2 (6 hours).

Centering for successes (Centering 5, TN 6): 5, 5, 5, 4, 3
No successes.

Force 6 Great Form Earth Elemental (+1 Reach), (TN 6, Conjuring 6 + Power Foci 1 + Ally Spirit 3): 10, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1

Karma #5: 16, 16, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 1, 1
3 successes.

Drain: 9, 7, 5, 2, 2, 1
Karma #6: 9, 2, 2, 2
Karma #7 and #8: 16, 4, 1

Great Form Test (TN 12 - 4 = 8): 5, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 3, 1
Karma #9: 11, 5, 5, 5, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2

Great Form Drain (TN 12 - 4 = 8M): 11, 10, 5, 5, 4, 2
Karma #10: 20, 8, 4, 2
4 successes, no drain.

Summoning #3 (6 hours).

Centering for successes (Centering 5, TN 6): 4, 3, 2, 2, 1
No successes

Force 6 Great Form Fire Elemental (+2 Body), (TN 6, Conjuring 6 + Power Foci 1 + Ally Spirit 3): 21, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1
Karma #11: 9, 7, 5, 5, 5, 3, 2, 2, 1
Karma #12 + #13: 8, 5, 5, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1

Drain: 4, 4, 4, 4, 3, 1
Karma #14: 17, 8, 5, 5, 4, 1
Karma #15 + #16: 4, 1, 8, 4
Karma #17, 18, 19: 7, 4, 3

Great Form Test (TN 12 - 4 = 8): 7, 5, 4, 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1
Karma #20: 10, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 1, 1
Success.

Great Form Drain (TN 12 - 4 = 8): 11, 5, 4, 4, 2, 1
Karma #21: 7, 4, 4, 2, 2
Moderate Drain.

Healing Test: 7, 5, 4, 4, 2, 2
60 minutes / 4 = 15 min for 1st box.

Healing Test: 5, 4, 4, 2, 2, 1
60 minutes / 3 = 20 min for 2nd box.

Healing Test: 14, 5, 4, 4, 2, 1
60 minutes / 4 = 15 min for 3rd box.
BishopMcQ
updates sent and adjusted on my online copy.
Buddha72
Hiya all!

I am just looking for the intro/set up posts from the other players. I will setting the NPCs up as well this week. Does anyone want to throw the definite plan here OOC for the last time to make sure everyone knows their part?

Thanks!
Fenris
Quick link to the original outline: Quick plan
Cedric Rolfsson
Quick post, been gone for last two days, unlikely to post until Mon-Tuesday. Kids have strep, life sucks, sorry for delay.
Buddha72
No problem, real life trumps all. Hope the kids feel better soon. smile.gif
Buddha72
Hope you all had a great 3 day weekend, much BBQ and Pirates 3 fun here. biggrin.gif

Going to post some more NPC stuff but waiting to get post from the other two team members. If there is nothing by the end of the week then I will push on and take over as needed. As usual don't forget your weekly drip of karma.

Thanks and let me know if you need anything or have any last minute questions for me.
BishopMcQ
Because I do not recall, were we told what the focus looks like?
Cedric Rolfsson
I am up and functional again, my life was a living hell there. My 5 year had it, then two days later my 3 year old caught it. try explaining to a 3 year old why there is nothing you can do about it hurting every time you breath. That was so much fun.

Aaron is back and tracking now.
Fenris
Boshop - Mr. Creepy gave it up in the abandoned roller rink. It's a bracer with a small glass vial attached that contains one of the scales of his patron. Worn on the inside of his wrist.
Buddha72
Happy Monday all!

Fenris is going to do one more IC post then tomorrow I will be setting the stage for the main event. At that point if anyone is missing then I will NPC them to keep stuff rolling. So watch the thread and let me know if there are any last minute snags/time conflicts.

Thanks!
Fenris
done wink.gif
Buddha72
Ok I will be bumping this Monday with a big flavor post for the party then we will be dropping into combat on Wednesday. Sorry for the delay but real life required a little more of my attention than I thought it would.

See ya all Monday! biggrin.gif
Buddha72
Happy Monday all!

As usual add your weekly drip of karma to your sheets. I will be throwing up the IC post in just a bit. I will need Perception tests from everyone involved that includes the rigger sitting overwatch as well. smokin.gif
BishopMcQ
Raw Perception (Tactile/Olfactory/Taste)
05 05 03 01

Aural (Select Sound Filter 5, Spatial Recognizer -2 TNs)
09 09 09 09 05 04 03 02 02

Visual (Low light, Vision Mag, Thermo)
05 03 03 01

Empathic Sense
13 05 02 01
Fenris
Perception: 5, 1, 2, 5, 4, 3

Buddha72
Sorry for the delay all but I hurt my back yesterday. I ended up going to the doctor's and spending the majority of the day on my back.

I still need Perception tests from the other folks so can I get some rolls people! biggrin.gif
Nikoli
Sorry about that.
10 8 7 4 4 1 for me, any drones that would get one?
Fenris
Buddha wanted me to let you guys know he'll be bumping tomorrow, and puppet-pal'ing anyone that looks unresponsive ;D
Cedric Rolfsson
Did I miss a perceptions test? Sorry.

I'm still here.

Perceptions test:

Roll results

You asked for 5 rolls and your target is unknown ... here are the results:

1: 4
2: 3
3: 4
4: 5
5: 6 + 6 + 6 + 3 = 21.

Buddha72
Nikoli - Where are your drones deployed? If you have any in the club (I think there was mention of the cat being snuck in) or outside then yes they get rolls as well.

Thanks for the rolls all, I will wait to get the last rolls back from folks then post the repsonse to all the die rolling. I am going to bump Thursday morning though to keep things moving or sooner if the rolls get posted before then.
Nikoli
Okay:
the Van is in a position to provided quick support and follow a fleeing vehicle. Likely a sidestreet rather than an alley.
Fleix (the cat) is prowling behind the bar, providing the team with a Bum's-eye-view of the back.
The Spider was going to be snuck in.
The Lynx' are poised for deployment but in the van.
N/A
the Mk-6 is "riding shotgun" in the van in case I need a set of hands elsewhere or to rig an impromptu explosive diversion. It is currently listening in on local law enforcement contractor (which at least according to the book have no scrambling)
13 8 4 3 3 3 (scrambler test to lock onto signal)

I am in the Honda Elite, down the block in the alternate chase car position in case we need to follow the target prior to pickup or if he gets away.

Also, someone on the team has my Battletac receiver, and channels can be broadcast as requested provided you have sufficient descrambling on your individual receiver.

Making the Small Unit Tactics check now:
14 4 4 for the team (derned non-driodical flesh units lowering my score...)

I am in captains chair mode currently, with the drones turned down to their lowest broasdcast signature and still able to be used.
Cedric Rolfsson
FYI: I am at a legal seminar Frid-Sun and will have little to no access to the internet.

If we bump and we need action from Aaron he's going to be moving through the crowd, unarmed, and is intending to simply whack the bodyguard with his distance strike and killing hands from about 8-10 meters away. He'll close and continue to hit away.

least that's the plan at present.
Buddha72
Ok now that people have popped back in and i have Perception rolls for most I will do the info post on Monday and we'll start from there so we have as many people as possible. Thanks all for hanging in there with this. wobble.gif
Buddha72
Ok all I work all day tomorrow but i am hoping to get some time at work to write up the post on the trusty laptop. No internet but I will post it when I get home tomorrow evening. After the IC post we're dropping into combat so go ahead and roll me some initiative here in the OOC thread. Thanks all!
BishopMcQ
Initiative:
05 05 04 +6=20

Edit:
Reaction TN2 17 08 05 04 04 03 (6 successes)
Buddha72
Ahem - mess up on my part I will need Reaction tests with you TN being a 2 along with initiative, Sorry been awhile since I've run SR3 combat. embarrassed.gif
Fenris
Going to drop down the Increase Reflexes and the Astral Armor before Moira starts her song.

Inc. Ref. (Custom) F1 - (Sorcery 4 vs. TN 4) - 4, 4, 1, 2 (2 successes)

Drain (Willpower 7 + 6 Spell Pool + 3 Ally spirit vs. 4D) - 10 successes, no drain.

Astral Armor spell F6 - (Sorcery 6 + 3 Ally spirit vs. TN 6) - 2 successes, 1 point of karma used >.<

Drain (Willpower 7 + 5 Spell Pool vs. 4M) - 6 successes, no drain.

Both of those cast into sustaining foci.

Reaction test - 1, 1, 3, 14 - 2 successes

Karma #1 - 1, 9 - 1 successes
Karma #2 & #3 - 3 - 1 success

Total 4 successes for reaction test.

Initiative - 22

[Edit]Edited for karma re-rolls[/Edit]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012