Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
Scrapheap
WR1-
[ Spoiler ]

I'd already made the IC post before I noticed this in the OOC thread. Let me know if it is OK as written, considering the roll above.

-S
WinterRat1
Yeah you're fine. That's more than enough hits to respond as you did.
Slipshade
WR1 - Ok, I brought my books to work today so if I need to use any spells, I can reference them.

First things first though. Max is going to look around the building and follow the perimeter of the barrier to see if he can pick up the trail again leaving the building.

Roll: 06, 05, 03, 02, 01

WinterRat1
Nope, so far as you can tell, the trail stops at the building.
Slipshade
WR1 - Where is the barrier set up in relation to the building?

I also need a clarification. As a dual natured being, I would have to break the Astral barrier if I wanted to cross it even if I was back in my body...correct?
WinterRat1
Barrier is set up all around the perimeter of the building, which appears to be some kind of large warehouse. And yes, since you're dual natured, you'd need to break through it (or be let in) by the creator of the barrier even if you approach physically. And to clarify, it is an astral barrier/ward, so Scrapheap, for example, could walk right through it with no problems.

Note: I realize the rules mechanics here might be a little off with regards to the size of the barrier, but it was set up and designed under SR 3 rules, and I haven't had a chance to figure out how it'd work in SR 4 terms, so for now, just go with it, even if the mechanics might be slightly off. Regardless of how I had to do it, for all intents and purposes, it would end up the same.
Slipshade
Ok, so in this case Astral Window won't help. I would see basically the same thing since the building would appear black in Astral Space anyway.

And yah I figured Scrap would be able to walk past it with no problem. That is the major drawback to being dual-natured, well that and astral entities can attack me with no problem smile.gif

Ok here is another question. Will the use of a Clairvoyance spell disrupt the astral barrier? I couldn't find anything in the book that said whether or not Astral Barriers or Wards protect against Detection spells, though I would assume so.
WinterRat1
And yah I figured Scrap would be able to walk past it with no problem. That is the major drawback to being dual-natured, well that and astral entities can attack me with no problem

You know, I actually forgot all about that. Thanks for pointing that out and reminding me. Hellooooo instant plot hook. biggrin.gif

Ok here is another question. Will the use of a Clairvoyance spell disrupt the astral barrier? I couldn't find anything in the book that said whether or not Astral Barriers or Wards protect against Detection spells, though I would assume so.

For now, assume that Clairvoyance will not go through the barrier. I will also check the SR 4 rules to be sure, but for now, in the absence of anything saying that it will penetrate, go with that interpretation.
Slipshade
Ah crap....opened my big mouth. talker.gif
grendel
SR4, p. 185

Mana barriers on the astral plane are solid, hazily opaque walls. Such barriers stop astral movement and impose a visual penalty to astral perception equal to the barrier's force. Astral mana barriers are resistant to astral spells as well as other astral forms, in the same manner as physical mana barriers as noted above.

p. 186

Awakened characters have learned other methods of forcing their way through an astral barrier, however, and may "press through" a barrier with a Magic + Charisma Opposed Test against the barrier's Force x 2. If the character scores more net hits, she forces her way through the barrier to the other side.

SR3 rules for casting spells through barriers were a little different, unfortunately I don't have those books with me at the moment.
grendel
If Lilith can get the medkit, then that will add to the healing roll depending on its rating. Otherwise, as per p. 242 in SR4, the Body x 2 (1 day) extended test is as follows:

Day 1: 5, 4, 3, 3, 2, 1 (8 boxes remaining)
Day 2: 6, 6, 5, 2, 2, 1 (5 boxes remaining)
Day 3: 6, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3 (2 boxes remaining)
Day 4: 6, 6, 4, 4, 3, 2 (healed)
WinterRat1
Slipshade - We'll go with what Grendel says then. Unless you state otherwise, I'll assume your IC post still stands.

Thanks Grendel for the references!
Slipshade
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
Slipshade - We'll go with what Grendel says then. Unless you state otherwise, I'll assume your IC post still stands.

Thanks Grendel for the references!

Yep it still stands.
bclements
grendel: assume she got a Rating 2 medkit at the Stuffer. Its up to you if you want to have her use the thing or work on its own; it sounds like its working on its own from the post. If you want to edit it with her doing something during the healing process she's got no Medicine or First Aid skill, so the rolls will just be her attribute + the device's rating (2).

Also, you'll want to apply the -1 dice pool mod for Average conditions (indoors) as per p 244. Add the -1 mod to the medkit rolls; you don't have to change the rolls you've already made unless you want to.
grendel
The medkit will work on its own. If its rating is 2 and there's a minus 1 dice pool modifier for average conditions then it's a wash, no benefit. I'll let Vedic's healing rolls stand as is.

Also, give me a perception check for Tony.
bclements
Very good; play on then.

Perception for Tony:
[ Spoiler ]
bclements
Any maglocks, keypads, anything like that on the building that Tony would notice?
grendel
Both front and back doors are closed by a maglock featuring a keypad and card reader.
WinterRat1
Edit: Wrong roll, see below.
WinterRat1
Slip - Another Ritual Sorcery + Intuition Roll, if you please.
Slipshade
WR1:

Here are a couple Ritual Sorcery + Intuition rolls: Just encase you need more than one soon.

06, 06, 05, 02, 01

06, 05, 04, 04, 01
Scrapheap
Mister Juan-
Just a reminder, but you're up. Also, expect karma on Monday.

-S
Mister Juan
Scrap-
Yes, I know wink.gif
It's just that it's two weeks till finals swing by, and I had a tone of unexpected work drop down in my lap. I'll get something up by tonight, if not.... tomorrow.
bclements
-grendel (3/20 to 3/27): 3 points (1 + 1 quality +1 GM)
grendel
All right, at some point in time someone asked me about the time it took to initiate, and I can't find my response in a post so perhaps it was a PM. I vaguely recall recommending using a week as the time basis, but I'm not sure. I say this only because Vedic has some karma and I'd like to initiate twice (13+16) and raise strength to 4 (12). Total expenditure of 41 pts of karma.
Slipshade
WR1 - I know you must be swamped with April 15th coming up fast. I just wanted to make sure that you saw the rolls I gave you above.

I don't expect a reply IC anytime soon, so don't worry about that. biggrin.gif
Scrapheap
Mister Juan (2/28 - 3/27): 4 + 2 (quality) = 6
bclements
-grendel (3/27 to 4/2): 2 points (1+1 GM)
Bastard
Sorry for the long absence all, had to deal with some family/life issues. I probably wont have the time to keep up with the game due to my new job and travel, so please feel free to use Marquis as a NPC.
WinterRat1
Sorry all, I know I'm behind on posting again. Tax season is nearing its climax and the crunch has been on. Anyway, I'll be working on getting replies up to everyone ASAP.

Bastard - We're sorry to see you go. Good luck with your new job, and I hope that your family life issues work themselves out, if they haven't already. We enjoyed having you and hope our paths will cross again down the line!
WinterRat1
General Announcement

For a long time now, the LITS community has kicked around the idea of an actual meeting in the flesh, just so we can have the chance to meet each other and spend some time together chilling and getting to know one another better. Not to mention knowing each other as more than just a handle on a message board. wink.gif

Well what better place for a group of gamers than one of the biggest events in gaming? The GM staff has been talking about it for quite some time now, and we've tentatively decided to try to shoot for an LITS get together at GenCon Indy this summer. Information about GenCon can be found at the following link:

GenCon Indy Information

While we have yet to decide how we're going to organize everyone getting together once we're there, we want to put the word out early that we're going to shoot for it so people can start checking their calendars and planning for it in advance.

Details will be forthcoming as we have them. If you have any questions, feel free to post them for our resident FanPro commando and leader in helping us get this all organized, Grendel.

We hope to see you all there!

Sincerely,
The GM Staff
bclements
-grendel (4/2 to 4/9): 2 points (1+1 GM)
WinterRat1
It's tax season's final week, so please bear with me. Once April 17th hits, I will get back up to full speed ASAP. Until then, I'll try to sneak in a reply to everyone where I can. Thanks for your patience all! smile.gif
Slipshade
WR1 - No problem. Kinda figured we wouldn't see you for a week. smile.gif
Scrapheap
All (esp Mr Juan)-
Sorry for the absence. We're in the process of selling our house, so there I've been pretty consumed with getting it ready. Posting will probably be sporadic for the next week or so.

-S
banditf50
Exciting Announcement. . . at least to me smile.gif

This past week was a special one for me. I proposed to my girlfriend of 1.5 years, and she accepted. I am officialy engaged! I just thought I'd share with everyone.
bclements
Nice!

grendel: (4/9 to 4/18) 2 poiints (1+ 1 GM bonus)
bclements
grendel, here's what's in the list:

[ Spoiler ]

Need a negoiation roll?
grendel
Sure.
bclements
Rolling:

[ Spoiler ]
bclements
grendel: (4/18 to 4/23) 2 Points (1 + 1 GM)
bclements
grendel, items on the second list are:

[ Spoiler ]
HeySparky
Missed the new SR4 thread...

Hooray! Hop over and thank Adam for setting this up.

There is now cyan in our color dropdown list! And some other fun colors.

Thought you guys should know, since you all pioneered the color scheme in the first place.
grendel
Negotiations roll for Tony, please.
bclements
Here you go:
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
AT LAST!!! I am finally caught up with all the admin stuff that needed to be done immediately, and caught up with posting as well.

Everyone, I will be back up to my regular posting speed now, so let's get things rolling again!

Slip/Scrap - You're both free to post, let me know if you need anything.

ASVW - I'm good to go, Cedric I think it's on you, unless BC has something to interrupt us.

Eyes - How are you doing in RL, is the next post on you or me? I thought you were checking that, but I haven't heard from you, so I'll go take a look as well.

I'm looking forward to playing regularly again at last, and it's good to be back everyone! smile.gif
Slipshade
WR1 and Scrap - I am going to re-read the magic section in SR4 and then I will post some Summoning rolls on Monday. After that I will post up to Scrap's phone call. Sorry this is taking so long.

Slip
WinterRat1
Ha you have nothing to apologize for. It's not like I was exactly burning up the place with the speed of my posting. wink.gif

I am, however, trying to get back into a consistent posting 'rhythm', so look for me to be much more consistent and quick in my replies, like you all are (hopefully) used to from me. smile.gif
grendel
There's nothing for Tony at the pickup window yet, Zeyda won't have hist stuff for another day and a half.
Scrapheap
Mister Juan-
I think there was an error in your last time stamp. The gangers were only a few minutes late, not 10.

-S

EDIT: I changed my stamp to reflect yours. Upon further review, yours did make more sense.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012