Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
Scrapheap
QUOTE (Shadow)
I will also start answering any emails sent to me.

I think this is directed at me... wink.gif
grendel
Roll me some perception for Tony, please.
bclements
Once more into the breech:

[ Spoiler ]
grendel
Karma awards for my players

Morgannah: 1 pt (Aug 23rd - Aug 29th)
BClements: 2 pts (Aug 23rd - Aug 29th) [GM Bonus]
WinterRat1: 2 pts (Aug 23rd - Aug 29th) [GM Bonus]
BanditF50: 1 pt (Aug 23rd - Aug 29th)
TiredRonin: 1 pt (Aug 23rd - Aug 29th)
Shadowrunner13: 1 pt (Aug 23rd - Aug 29th)
DireRadiant: 1 pt (Aug 23rd - Aug 29th)
DireRadiant
@grendel

Just want to clarify some thinking, is it unreasonable for a Hacker to attempt the data search at all? The alternatives would seem to be asking various contacts, e.g my fixer if they could ask around. Which could lead to a situation where -everyone- knows someone was looking for Runner X, Y or Z, which might not be good if something bad goes down?

OTOH this could be a legitimate negotiating ploy from Flipper.

Not sure, but if it's a hidden hint from the GM I want to listen.
grendel
It's not an unreasonable request to make of a hacker, just keep in mind that you're essentially attempting to locate the address of a shadowrunner. An individual most likely taking active steps not to be located. Not only is it going to require a greater amount of work on the part of your hacker, there's no gaurantee of accuracy of the information, or even success of the inquiry at all.
bclements
grendel: Tony's just going to be sitting there for a couple of hours out of main sight in his car, either looking for anyone entering or leaving the building or for any of the gangers that threw up the graffiti.

Preemptive perception roll, in case it's needed:
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Mister Juan and Scrapheap - I'm still waiting for your IC posts for Knight and Scrapheap the PC so I can move on with the resolution of R1 IP2. Just reminding you both.
Mister Juan
Hey guys!
I'm very sorry for the delay but I had an unfortunate little incident with my right lung which landed me in the hospital for the past 3 days. I'm currently posting from a laptop, which my father was nice enough to borrow from his work place. I'm still rather whoozy from all the stuff they're pumping in me so this message might end up making little sense I've been told that, if everything stays well during the weekend, I should be able to get back home either sunday night or monday morning. Anyways, thats pretty much all of it.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Mister Juan)
Hey guys!
I'm very sorry for the delay but I had an unfortunate little incident with my right lung which landed me in the hospital for the past 3 days. I'm currently posting from a laptop, which my father was nice enough to borrow from his work place. I'm still rather whoozy from all the stuff they're pumping in me so this message might end up making little sense I've been told that, if everything stays well during the weekend, I should be able to get back home either sunday night or monday morning. Anyways, thats pretty much all of it.

Just take care of yourself and make sure you get better.
WinterRat1
Hey take care of yourself first Mister Juan. We want you out of the hospital and fully recovered. smile.gif

Not dying should always be a very high priority on your 'list of things to accomplish for the day.' wink.gif
Morgannah
QUOTE (Shadow @ Aug 29 2006, 01:47 AM)
I am back! Living in sunny Ranch Bernardo San Diego! Give me a couple of days to get caught up. I will also start answering any emails sent to me.

Whee! biggrin.gif Congrats!

And just sit back Mister Juan. Relax. Get better. smile.gif
Mister Juan
Thanks a bunch for all the kind words people biggrin.gif I am still alive, and breathing well; which means I am back in the ring. Currently stuck at home resting, so I should have some time to burn through some of the special projects.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Mister Juan)
Thanks a bunch for all the kind words people biggrin.gif I am still alive, and breathing well; which means I am back in the ring. Currently stuck at home resting, so I should have some time to burn through some of the special projects.

The well wishes were entirely selfish interest. If you didn't get better, Winterrat1 would have made me do all the special projects.
grendel

Morgannah: 1 pt (Aug 30th - Sep 05th)
BClements: 2 pts (Aug 30th - Sep 05th) [GM Bonus]
WinterRat1: 2 pts (Aug 30th - Sep 05th) [GM Bonus]
BanditF50: 1 pt (Aug 30th - Sep 05th)
TiredRonin: 1 pt (Aug 30th - Sep 05th)
Shadowrunner13: 1 pt (Aug 30th - Sep 05th)
DireRadiant: 1 pt (Aug 30th - Sep 05th)
bclements
Perception, if needed:

[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Hey Everyone -

Started my new job this week (Tuesday was my first day) and I plan on finishing unpacking this weekend. Here's my updates:

Vegas - Just posted a reply, sorry for the delay, I had to do some secret rolls for your character and it took me longer than I thought it would. My apologies.

Warehouse Group - Waiting on Mister Juan's IC post, but don't rush Mister Juan, take your time and get better first. This isn't worth dying for. smile.gif

ASVW - I don't think anyone is waiting on me here, please correct me if I am mistaken.

If there's anything else anyone needs from me beyond the usual IC/OOC posting, please let me know, otherwise my focus this weekend (as far as LITS) will be on trying to get some admin and organizational stuff done.
grendel

Morgannah: 1 pt (Sep 06th - Sep 12th)
BClements: 2 pts (Sep 06th - Sep 12th) [GM Bonus]
WinterRat1: 2 pts (Sep 06th - Sep 12th) [GM Bonus]
BanditF50: 1 pt (Sep 06th - Sep 12th)
TiredRonin: 1 pt (Sep 06th - Sep 12th)
Shadowrunner13: 1 pt (Sep 06th - Sep 12th)
DireRadiant: 1 pt (Sep 06th - Sep 12th)
Mister Juan
@WinterRat1
Sorry it took me so long to get that post up for the warehouse scene. Anyways! Now it's there wink.gif

Also, when do we get to see those GenCon pictures? nyahnyah.gif
Morgannah
Pics?! GenCon was a month ago!

Don't make me get all demanding .. and .. stuff .... grinbig.gif

And welcome back, Mister. smile.gif It's great to see you posting again.
grendel
I will be offline from 0630 Sunday 17 Sep to 1200 Saturday 23 Sep.
WinterRat1
Warehouse Group - R1 - IP2 Results

Scrapheap – Successfully climbs to the top of the shelving unit

Smoke Grenade – Goes off

Knight – Summons Force 8 earth elemental with 1 service and suffers Drain of 1P

A1 – Keeps running up the stairs

A9 – Runs NE

Cao Jaan – Running towards NE stairs

ETG – Fires two bursts: A4 takes 8P and is killed. A2 takes 7P and is knocked down.

Here are the mechanical results. Updated map to follow shortly.
WinterRat1
Warehouse Group R1 - IP3 Initiative Order

19: Scrapheap
18:
17:
16:
15:
14: Knight, A1
13: A9
12:
11:
10:
9:
8:
7:
6:
5:
4:
3:
2:
1:

OK moving on to round 3. Mister Juan and Scrapheap, post your actions and rolls for Knight and John. IC to post to follow shortly as well.
Tiredronin
Woo hoo! first kill for the good guys!

only 1374983721890720984231 more to go.. nyahnyah.gif
Bastard
From the darkened depths of hell (my old job), the tardest of all the bass has returned...that is if grendal and winterrat say its ok.

I got a new job that has many, many hours...but none to take home! Plus they pay me a lot more for a lot less responsibility...how can you say no to that?

So I would like to rejoin the Shadows if possible.
WinterRat1
I will be out of the country from Saturday, Sept. 23 till Sunday, Oct. 1. I may or may not have internet access during this time, but don't count on me for anything until I get back. See you all in a week!
Mister Juan
I'll keep this simple. Knight will send his newly summoned spirit to bear down death on the intruders nyahnyah.gif He'll use his remaining actions to run in the same direction as Cao, effectively following him and making sure to keep him in his line of sight.
banditf50
Can I interject a few comments on the use of the earth spirit . . . please feel no need to consider these nyahnyah.gif

If the earth elemental is physically manifested, it can act as the world's deadliest barricade. Have it move to the corner where ETG and Blaze are hoping to take a fortified position. Then it can strike at the nearest attackers, while providing substantial extra cover for all of us. This will also keep the elemental in LOS of all the full mages in our party, allowing us all to extend spell defense dice to it. This will be critical because the spirit is sure to be the first target of the enemy mages. . . and I don't expect Knight to pull another one of these bad-boys out each time one is destroyed.

On a side note, when the mages target the spirit, it will be easier for our mages to spot them . . . heheheh. . . .

Just some thoughts. . . take them for what they are smile.gif
WinterRat1
OK I'm back and will be working on catching up. Scrapheap, just a reminder I'm waiting on John's actions and rolls for R1-IP3. Thanks!
Scrapheap
Reminder heeded (really!). Just starting to recover from the move and house sale. Interesting fact: It is much easier to buy a house than sell one...at least in my limited experience. I plan on catching up with DS over the next week or so.

[ Spoiler ]

-S
grendel
Karma awards for my players:

Morgannah: 3 pts (Sep 13th - Oct 03rd)
BClements: 6 pts (Sep 13th - Oct 03rd) [GM Bonus]
WinterRat1: 6 pts (Sep 13th - Oct 03rd) [GM Bonus]
BanditF50: 3 pts (Sep 13th - Oct 03rd)
TiredRonin: 3 pts (Sep 13th - Oct 03rd)
Shadowrunner13: 3 pts (Sep 13th - Oct 03rd)
DireRadiant: 3 pts (Sep 13th - Oct 03rd)
WinterRat1
Mister Juan - What were you planning to do for IP 4? You're the only one up for that IP, as your elemental won't be able to act until next Combat Turn since it's IP 3 when you ordered it to act and it only gets 2 IP when it's manifested, which it has to be to use its powers.

I don't think anything that is happening in IP 3 will affect what you do in IP 4, so if I can get your actions and necessary rolls and wrap up IP 3 and 4 in one IC post, that can keep things flowing better. However, if you think it's best to split your actions up, let me know and I'll split up the resolution of IP 3 and 4 as normal. Just trying to keep things moving along.

Vegas - OK I'm kind of stuck for a reply here. Did you want to keep playing out this conversation with Kat, or skip to something else? She'll probably ask once or twice more, but if Lana really doesn't want to talk, she won't push it.

If you plan on opening up to Kat, we can RP it out, but if not, no point in going back and forth in an endless discussion. I was starting to get the feeling we might just go back and forth with Lana and Kat, (even more than we already did) and I didn't want to drag it out unnecessarily.

Let me know if you want the conversation to continue or not, and if not, where/what Lana is planning on going/doing next, and I'll write up a transition post.
Vegas
WinterRat1

Sorry about that, just kinda fell into writers block with her at the moment I guess. I'd say right about now all she wants to do is get back to Niki and try to make sense of what just happened.

Lemme wrap my little brain around this for a bit and see if I can't pull myself back into a "Lana Mindset" and try to post something up tonight/tomorrow before we just cut tail and jump to a transition.
WinterRat1
Mister Juan and Vegas - Friendly reminders I'm waiting on OOC replies from you two.

WinterRat1
Everyone - As you may have noticed, I have put up a Shadowland post regarding the upcoming IPO by Novatech. Other articles will be following by other GMs and myself. We encourage you to comment and talk shop about the articles via Shadowland.

It doesn't have to be with your character, feel free to make up other characters that you use solely to talk on Shadowland. The point is to encourage flavor text, dialogue, and capture the 'feel' of Shadowland and the function it serves in the life of runners. So you don't have to have a 'runner' character to participate in it.

If you have any questions regarding this please post them, but we do encourage you to try and participate in Shadowland as we want to make use of it and bring it to life. Plus, it'll give you something to read and post when your character isn't doing something for whatever reason (e.g. you're waiting on your GM or other players). Hope to see you all there!
grendel
Karma awards for my players:

Morgannah: 1 pt (Oct 04th - Oct 10th)
BClements: 2 pts (Oct 04th - Oct 10th) [GM Bonus]
WinterRat1: 2 pts (Oct 04th - Oct 10th) [GM Bonus]
BanditF50: 1 pt (Oct 04th - Oct 10th)
TiredRonin: 1 pt (Oct 04th - Oct 10th)
Shadowrunner13: 1 pt (Oct 04th - Oct 10th)
DireRadiant: 1 pt (Oct 04th - Oct 10th)
Mister Juan
@WinterRat1
Knight will retreat back with Cao, and make sure to keep him in LOS as to extend his counterspelling to him. While running from his previous cover to the stairs with Cao, he'll manabolt the first bad guy he sees... if he sees no one, then... well... he'll just hold his action in case someone does show up.

Force 6 Manabolt
Magic (6) + Spellcasting (4) - Sustained Spell (2) + Mentor Spirit Bonus (2) : 10
Rolls: 3,4,5,2,3,2,1,5,1,4
Hits: 2

Drain rating: 3
Drain Pool: Willpower + Charisma = 8
Rolls: 2,3,3,5,6,2,1,2
Drain: 1S

If my count isn't off, that would make Knight at 1P and 1S? Right?
WinterRat1
Mister Juan - Your drain count is correct. I will write up the results of IP 3 and 4 for Knight, Scrapheap, and the two goons who get to go. As soon as the IC post is up, I'll ask for initiative rolls for R2. Whoo hoo, almost done with round 1! smile.gif
WinterRat1
IC post for IP 3 and 4 is up. Knight and Scrapheap especially, if there's any flavor text you'd like me modify, please let me know and I will do so.

Scrapheap - If you haven't checked since, burning edge gives you an automatic critical success, hence why you didn't need to roll and the extra flavor text describing how sweet you were. smile.gif
WinterRat1
Warehouse Group

We are moving on to Combat Turn 2!!! So...

Everyone give me an Initiative Roll for Combat Turn 2.

Everyone also give me a Surprise Roll. Again. vegm.gif

Updated map for the beginning of R2 - IP1 to follow immediately.
Mister Juan
Knight
Surprise Roll: 6,5,6,5,5,3,3,2,3,6,4
Hits: 6

Initiative Rolls (Increased Reflexes Spell sustained): 6,2,6,3,3,4,6,3,6,2,6
Hits: 5

Initiative Score: 16
IP: 4
Scrapheap
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
burning edge gives you an automatic critical success, hence why you didn't need to roll and the extra flavor text describing how sweet you were.  smile.gif

Wow, Ok. I thought it just added a success. And no, I haven't checked, since we moved I don't even have a clue where my SR4 book may be.

Initiative:
Pool - 10(12)
Rolls - 06 06 05 05 05 04 04 03 03 03 03 02
Hits - 5
Initiative - 17, 3 passes

Surprise:
Pool - Reaction: 5(7) + Intuition: 5 = 10(12)
Rolls - 06 05 05 05 04 04 03 03 03 02 01 01
Hits - 4 hits
grendel
It's time again, I'm going to be on low-access mode from 0700 Friday 13 Oct 06 to 1400 Tuesday 24 Oct 06. I'll be checking, but only every other day as terminal access permits.
WinterRat1
BC, Ronin, Bandit - Waiting on you three for warehouse initiative and surprise rolls.
bclements
WR!, Initiative and surprise for Cao

[ Spoiler ]

WinterRat1
Hey Everyone,

Quick FYI - My girlfriend's mom was killed in a car accident this past Wednesday, Oct. 18. I've been with her and her family from the hospital and onward, hence my absence, and I will probably be staying with her until sometime next week. I will try to get back and catch up ASAP. Thanks for your patience!
bclements
My sympathies. Take your time.
Mister Juan
Like BC said, you take the needed time mate.
Vegas
I'm so sorry WR, my thoughts to all of you right now frown.gif Worry about her and the family, we'll still be here when you can come back.
Scrapheap
You're a good man just being there for her. My condolences.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012