Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
banditf50
Odd! smile.gif

And so it begins . . .
Morgannah
I love the way this is going..

grinbig.gif

Have fun, guys!
WinterRat1
Only Slipshade or Mister Juan is permitted to respond at this time since I need the astral situation resolved before anyone else can move the timeline forward.

Mister Juan, if you decide/are able to post, you can only post if Knight is going astral to join the astral situation, since that situation would have been unfolding while the discussion in the physical world was occurring.

If you (Mister Juan) post, pay attention to your timestamp as well. Make sure you're using the times that Lady Dove and Max are currently using, and NOT the timestamps that have been used by the people in the physical world.
Slipshade
WR1 - Resorted to name calling that fast...tsk...tsk...smile.gif
WinterRat1
Hey don't look at me! That's Lady Dove talking. I'm just telling you what she said.
banditf50
I can see it now, LiTS becomes the new theraputic outlet to release agression aimed at fellow GM's and players in a passive-agression fashion. . .

"I wasn't making fun of you. . . it was my character talking . . . "
Slipshade
LOL! A passive aggressive GM, that's funny.

WinterRat1
OK, everyone in the scene (BC, Mister Juan, Scrap, Slip, Bandit, Ronin) is now free to post. Heh, this should be interesting to see...devil.gif oops! I mean smile.gif

And actually, I have seen players/GMs trade shots at each other via their characters/NPCs. It is not pretty (nor fun) to watch.
Scrapheap
Pleased that he had managed to avert a confrontation, Cao Jaan turned to go back to the interview room, Blaze's eyes on him all the way, when both men watched in surprise, then horror, as Lady Dove, who had been leaning casually against the wall, suddenly crashed to the floor and remained motionless on the ground.

Oh, snap!
Slipshade
LOL! Let the fun really begin.

Side note: I was just joking around and did not seriously think WR1 was calling ME a thief. smile.gif
WinterRat1
I understood Slip. My comment was in response to Bandit's joke, not your comment. smile.gif
Scrapheap
I was going to post John's reaction, but I have no idea if Lady Dove would have or will stir before Cao Jaan could have made it from the front door to the office.
Slipshade
Yeah, and I would like to wait until at least Blaze posts before Max says anything.
WinterRat1
Lady Dove will not do anything until 00:28:55, so everyone is free to post (except Slip, because he returns to his body at 00:28:53) until then.
Slipshade
Right.
Mister Juan
Alright! I'm now back in business ! biggrin.gif
WinterRat1
Shadowrun in the News:

For those who haven't seen this story yet, it looks like Tamanous is getting an early start:

Modern Day Organlegging
grendel
Karma awards for my players

Morgannah: 2 pts (Jun 07th - Jun 13th)
BClements: 3 pts (Jun 07th - Jun 13th) [GM Bonus]
WinterRat1: 3 pts (Jun 07th - Jun 13th) [GM Bonus]
BanditF50: 2 pts (Jun 07th - Jun 13th)
TiredRonin: 2 pts (Jun 07th - Jun 13th)
Shadowrunner13: 2 pts (Jun 07th - Jun 13th)
The Eyes: 1 pt (Jun 07th - Jun 13th)
Slipshade
Just making sure no one is waiting on Max.
WinterRat1
No one should be waiting on Max. He can't post until 00:28:53. Posting is open to all the 'physical world' characters (characters who never went astral) only right now. So really, BC, Bandit, Mister Juan, Scrap, and Ronin, it's on you guys to keep posting, probably until 00:28:55, because Lady Dove will still be this way until then and won't be able to explain to anyone what happened until that time.
Slipshade
Right, I was wondering because of Scrap's last post if he was waiting for me to reply. Which as you pointed out above is impossible at the moment. smile.gif
Scrapheap
It's about 20 seconds. John isn't going to do anything but stay alert for the next 20 seconds, except maybe repeat the question to Max when he doesn't answer.

EDIT: Unless somebody shoots him or something! Then he'll certainly react.

EDIT 2: I re-read Mr. Juan's post about how "he looked the older man deep in his eyes." Just FYI, John's cybereyes are hidden behind old-school mirrored eye-shields. For reference, this is how I picture John: start with Lance Henriksen circa Millennium, add cigarette, eye shields, cyberarm, ...and an ugly sweater.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Scrapheap)
EDIT 2: I re-read Mr. Juan's post about how "he looked the older man deep in his eyes." Just FYI, John's cybereyes are hidden behind old-school mirrored eye-shields. For reference, this is how I picture John: start with Lance Henriksen circa Millennium, add cigarette, eye shields, cyberarm, ...and an ugly sweater.

Sorry about that mate... I actually have never seen a description of how Scrapheap looked so I just sorta... improvised without giving any details. I'll edit wink.gif
bclements
WinterRat1, in case you want a roll to check her out:

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
-WR1

[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
-To all
Concerning the LitS's page: everyone's stories should be up to date except Eyes and Vedic (sorry guys nyahnyah.gif Yours will be up tomorrow). I've also started compiling the NPCs and making their pages, but none are linked, yet. I would still very much appreciate if you guys could maybe send me a list of the NPCs your character has interacted with. It doesn't have to be complete... just the major ones should be enough for now.

Thanks a bunch nyahnyah.gif

I'll also try to get the list of locations going this week.
Shadow
I found a cool online roller that I though you all would like. It is made by our very own Dashifen,

Dashifens Online SR4 Dice roller
bclements
Nice one, hopefully as good to me as the Irony.com one was.

WR1: Lady Dove and Max were out for a bit. Is that an error, or just something we aren't ment to know at this point?
Slipshade
Um, I believe it was less that a minute that we were out. You guys did see her fall.

But I will let WR1 be the final arbitor on that point of course. smile.gif
WinterRat1
Basically, Lady Dove and Max were astrally interacting while everyone else was physically interacting. *pause for snickers from the peanut gallery*

You all are handling it exactly right, role-playing the discussion of what exactly happened. By now it's obvious they were out due to being astral, but details are still forthcoming over the course of this discussion.

Shadow
It's offical now so I can make an anouncement. My wife and I are moving to San Diego. We will arrive there on the 26th of August. We leave Juneau on August 1st. So for those 26 days I won't (probably) be able to post.

Congradulations to me!
Slipshade
Congrats Shadow
banditf50
Congratulations! Good luck with the move! I am sure that a lot can happen over such a long distance, so I wish you and your wife the safest of journies smile.gif

I too will be in San Diego in the beginning of August, though only for a week. I hope it's nice.
bclements
Congratulations! I hate moving, but I do like when I get to where I'm going.

EDIT: Damn, 26 days to get from Juneau to SoCal? I dub thee Griswald wink.gif

*and hope you have a safe trip!
Morgannah
Oh my goodness, congratulations to you! (ZOMGGRATYS2U!!)

biggrin.gif

I wish you every happiness, Shadow. (All the more reason to visit Cal in the future, I think.)
JackRipper
Theres a couple good game stores there in SD, cant remember names off hand but the best one is near the stadium. I was stationed there at Miramar for a year. I enjoyed it there.
grendel
Game Towne is in Old Town, San Diego, while Game Empire moved to Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
WinterRat1
Shadow - Congrats at finally getting out of BFE Alaska! smile.gif

Eyes - In case you didn't notice, I'm still waiting on you. Your post has been up for over a week now, so I thought I'd remind you it's your turn.

Everyone in the Warehouse - Posting is now open to everyone currently present.
Scrapheap
Shadow-
Wow! Alaska to San Diego? Nice.

WR1-
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Scrap - My bad. Post edited to reflect your info. You are correct, the roll won't matter then.
Slipshade
I don't know about you guys, but I don't like it when ETG and potential target are used in the same sentence. biggrin.gif
WinterRat1
Don't worry, that's how ETG views everyone. Except whoever his current employer happens to be, of course.
banditf50
Do you hear that everyone? That is the long sigh of relief from Blaze . . . how sweet it is to be the 'employer' biggrin.gif
Shadow
You know, in film, when a character sighs with relief, thats when the really bad stuff happens.

Just FYI vegm.gif
WinterRat1
Quick rules question to whoever can help me: In SR 3, were there glasses/contact lenses that possessed low-light/thermo/image magnification capability, or were those for goggles only?
Morgannah
In the strictest sense of the word there is only mention of goggles having that capability however there's a brief mention in SR3 (p. 291) of being able to purchase surveillance devices with higher concealability ratings (suggested 50% increase in price per extra point).

Sooooo, if you wanted to make some badass shades with vision mods they'd be available with GM ruling .. but they'd cost. smile.gif

Does that help at all?
JackRipper
In SR2 they made mention that smartgoggles could be made into mirrored shades at x2 cost.
Scrapheap
Temporary absence notice:

All,

I'll be offline until at least Sunday and maybe not until next Monday. Sorry for the inconvenience and short notice.

-S
bclements
Re: Gencon

Anyone have a suggestion on hotels? Most of the blocks are sold out now, except for the ones by the airport. Will some of the others become available through cancelations? Or should I just book a hotel now? I can stay in the Convention Center area by hotel hopping, but I'd like to do that as little as possible.

I'll be driving up, so it's not a big deal to drive downtown, unless there's no or limited and ungodly expensive parking. I just don't want to end up staying out in the sticks if at all possible.
grendel
I would advise against waiting to try and see if a hotel room will open up, since most cancellations will only take place very close to GenCon. The airport hotels are your best bet, although I don't know if GenCon will be running shuttles like they were last year.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012