Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
Shadow
Predicting an Earthquake in California is like predicting Rainfall in southeast Alaska. To make that make sense, it rains upwards of 300 inches a year here. To put it in context, Seattle gets about 70 inches a year.
WinterRat1
So you're moving from a place where you just get rained on all the time to a place where there's earthquakes all the time. Sounds like a good deal to me...biggrin.gif
WinterRat1
I will be out of town for the weekend and away from any computers until Monday afternoon/evening.
Shadow
I will trade Rain for Earthquakes as long as I get some sunshine. 340 days of clouds, overcast and rain a year is to much.
WinterRat1
QUOTE (Shadow)
I will trade Rain for Earthquakes as long as I get some sunshine. 340 days of clouds, overcast and rain a year is to much.

You play SHADOWrun. It's ALWAYS cloudy, overcast, and raining! biggrin.gif
bclements
California
Tumbles into the sea
That'll be the day I go back to Annendale.
Tried to warn ya
About Gino and Daddy G
But I can't seem to get to you through the US Mail

Scrapheap
Here in this hopeless f*cking hole we call LA
The only way to fix it is to flush it all away.
Any f*cking time. Any *cking day.
Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona bay.

Some say a comet will fall from the sky.
Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves.
Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipsh*ts.

Some say the end is near.
Some say we'll see armageddon soon.
I certainly hope we will cuz
I sure could use a vacation from this

Silly sh*t, stupid sh*t...

One great big festering neon distraction,
I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied.

Learn to swim.

Mom's gonna fix it all soon.
Mom's comin' round to put it back the way it ought to be.

Learn to swim.
WinterRat1
You guys are just begging Grendel to lay waste to Cal Free, aren't you?
Shadow
Ok, Cal may indeed fall into the sea, but not for another year okay? I need to sell my Shadowrun screenplay first.
grendel
I can do better than just flooding LA.
Scrapheap
QUOTE (grendel)

I can do better than just flooding LA.

Haha! It can be your new signature:

"Grendel - more twisted than Tool."
WinterRat1
BTW, the warehouse scenario is open for anyone to post, in case ppl missed it.
bclements
And if California slides into the ocean
Like the mystics and statistics say it will
I predict this motel will be standing until I pay my bill
banditf50
Temporary absence notice

My grandfather died this past weekend, so I will be leaving town today to tend to my family and the funeral arrangements. I will be back online on Thursday. Thank you all.
banditf50
Karma awards for my players

Erebus: 1 (Jun 19th - Jun 25th)
Tenmou: 1 (Jun 19th - Jun 25th)
bclements
grendel: (6/19 to 6/26) 3pts (1+ 1 GM + 1 Pure Evil)
grendel
Karma awards for my players

Morgannah: 1 pt (Jun 21st - Jun 27th)
BClements: 2 pts (Jun 21st - Jun 27th) [GM Bonus]
WinterRat1: 2 pts (Jun 21st - Jun 27th) [GM Bonus]
BanditF50: 1 pt (Jun 21st - Jun 27th)
TiredRonin: 1 pt (Jun 21st - Jun 27th)
Shadowrunner13: 1 pt (Jun 21st - Jun 27th)
The Eyes: 1 pt (Jun 21st - Jun 27th)
WinterRat1
Quick update. More of a delay in getting to computer than I thought there would be; I'm having internet problems at the hotel. I'll try to find some way to deal with it and get stuff done ASAP.
Slipshade
BC - I am going to let either you, Scrap or WR1 post next. Max will just follow Mr. Cao when he is ready.
WinterRat1
No one move the warehouse storyline forward. I will post as Lady Dove later tonight. Thanks!
Mister Juan
Why do I have the feeling that death is going to start raining?

I clearly remember someone stating that they had the longing to use a railgun in LitS.

Railgun... Nevermind... that must have been Grendel.
WinterRat1
Grendel was the one with the railgun. My idea involved the use of battleships (yes plural). And the best part is, I could still work that in and have it make perfect sense...
Mister Juan
I have to admit I'm somewhat glad neither of you two is my GM wink.gif
bclements
Railguns are the least of my PC's worries at this moment. Being blown apart by a massive instrument of distruction is one thing. Being picked apart slowly by someone willing to screw with your sanity is somthing else altogether.
WinterRat1
Grr...lost post.

Anyway, the essence of what I was trying to post was to look for my post tomorrow or Friday, because once again RL interfered with my plans. Nothing this week has gone according to any of my plans, so I just have to keep adjusting on the fly. Sorry for the delay and I'll try to get up my post ASAP.
Slipshade
WR1 - I was going to post something in the Shadowlands thread that involved Max's backstory. There were a couple of things that may have been news worthy at the time, but I would have to post date the information. Is that something that you are ok with and if so do you want me to PM you with my idea first before I post.

Slip
WinterRat1
QUOTE (Slipshade)
WR1 - I was going to post something in the Shadowlands thread that involved Max's backstory. There were a couple of things that may have been news worthy at the time, but I would have to post date the information. Is that something that you are ok with and if so do you want me to PM you with my idea first before I post.

Slip

Slip - Go ahead and PM me first and we'll work it out. I really want to get Shadowland back up and running, so I definitely want to see what you have in mind.
DireRadiant
Temporary absence notice

On the road the entire week of July 4th touring the continental US, back July 10th. For some reason the parents always want to see the new grandchild.
banditf50
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
For some reason the parents always want to see the new grandchild.

Can you imagine. . . now why would they want to do that smile.gif Congrats, and I hope that the trip is a good one. I haven't been on a road trip in several years, but they are always my most memorable vacations.

To everyone . . .
I am back from the funeral, I stayed a day extra to help with some of my grandfather's affairs. I am aware that I am going to need to catch up on some Dumpshock related email and posting. Can you guys help me out by pointing out what posts need my attention?

I also have a week's worth of a summer course that I am taking to catch up on, so this would be a big help in preventing me from forgetting anything.

Thanks for all your help.
bclements
grendel: (6/25 to 7/2): 2 pts [1 + 1 GM]

Everyone have a safe and happy July 4th.
bclements
I'll be out of town next Monday (July 10) thru next Thursday (July 13). Internet access is going to be spotty, but I'll try to respond in the evenings if at all possible.
WinterRat1
I apologize everyone for the sudden silence. I was out of town for the 4th of July weekend, but I expected to have internet access. I did not because it was really spotty at my house, and I didn't really have a good way of letting people know. Sorry about that, I'll look to get caught up in the next couple days.
WinterRat1
OK, I finally got the maps done I needed.

As per an earlier request, does anyone have the means to host/put them up on a website somewhere (they're MS Word maps done with Word Art) or will I have to email them to the relevant parties? Input/assistance would be appreciated.

Beyond that, I'm back at work, computer problems are straightened out, so look for Saturday to be my big catch up day. Sorry for the delay everyone, hope you all had a good holiday weekend!
Shadow
I have virtually unlimited hosting and a nearly permanent domain. Feel free to email any files in need of a home.

kelvaris (at) shadowgames (dot) us
Scrapheap
All (especially my players)-
Sorry for the lack of posts. RL is currently kicking my ass, and free time is only a memory. Hopefully I will be back in the swing of things soon!

-S
WinterRat1
Apologies for the delay everyone, between the maps and writing the posts, several hours had to go into the appropriate set up for the warehouse scene and it took longer than I thought.

All players in the Warehouse Scene, please give me an Initiative Roll and Surprise Roll.

I'm sending the maps to Shadow, so as soon as he can get them up, we'll get rolling.

Notes on combat procedures to follow shortly.
WinterRat1
Vegas - I apologize, but I have to admit, from where your post ended I'm just flat out having writers block with Lana. Choose one of two options:

1. Post another post narrating part of Lana's day, and stop when/wherever you feel it's appropriate or interesting for you.

OR

2. Dumb Luck roll: Call one, odd or even.

Let me know which you're planning on doing and I'll go from there. Many apologies for the delay!
Vegas
WR1 - No biggie. biggrin.gif I kinda had it myself and have been realizing more and more I kinda started off with nowhere to go with her, for that I apologize.

I'll try to work something up here soon to move her along to a point you can pick up (I hope).
WinterRat1
Thanks much. I was just kind of like...uh...what do I DO with this? I couldn't think of anything that wouldn't seem like plot hammering/railroading you, and I didn't want to do that, but without doing that I couldn't think of anywhere to actually go with her story. Thanks for the help, looking forward to seeing what Lana does next! smile.gif
bclements

Notes on combat procedures to follow shortly

EDIT: Uh, you mined the walls? These guys mean business...

Rolling:
[ Spoiler ]

That's how a surprise check should go, right?
Mister Juan
My first LitS combat biggrin.gif (and it's not even with my own character nyahnyah.gif)

[ Spoiler ]

WinterRat1
OK people, here's the warehouse map information. Thanks to Shadow for hosting it!

The map notes section will be updated as necessary, so check back every new IP for any changes, although I'll try to post relevant changes here in the OOC thread as well.

Although it's labeled 'Floor 1 R1 IP1', it actually shows all 3 floors of the warehouse, just fyi. Obviously each new IP I will put up a new map showing the updated positions of everyone.

Warehouse Map Information

To those who haven't put up their characters surprise and initiative rolls yet, just do so as soon as you can and we'll move along! Alternatively, if for whatever reason you can't, let me know and I'll do them for you.
Scrapheap
Although my posting is limited, I'll try to keep up.
[ Spoiler ]

To my players, I will get you something ASAP. I'm very sorry!

-S
Slipshade
I'll get my rolls up later today. I am sure I won't be going first in this combat anyway. smile.gif
WinterRat1
Scrap -

[ Spoiler ]
Scrapheap
WR-
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Scrap -

[ Spoiler ]
Slipshade
Rolls

[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
That's almost everyone. Ronin and Bandit, waiting on you two, then we can get this show on the road. biggrin.gif
banditf50
I know I am holding things up, but I will fix it! I planned on posting tonight after I get back to my apartment. I have been very busy getting prepared for a big conference presentation (the biggest one that I have ever given smile.gif ) and have not had a chance to review the suprise rules before rolling.

I will get them up tonight.

What, no posts about ETG's LMG? We had so many goof-ball theories on how he might actually be carrying a musical instrument, and now winterrat gives away the truth . . . where is the shock? Where is the horror? Where is the "Damn, I am glad he's with us? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012