Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
Vegas
Intuition (4) + Perception (3) = 7 dice
3 [6] [6] 1 [6] 3 4 Hits:3
WinterRat1
OK, you notice nothing unusual. Go ahead and post whatever you feel appropriate to follow my last post.
Vegas
Ok..just to be perfectly clear. Yes I know the fire was on her floor.. but was it specifically her apartment that's on fire/smoke filled?
WinterRat1
There is definitely smoke coming out of her apartment and the windows are broken. Whether or not the fire started in your apartment and then spread, or spread to your apartment from another one, Lana is unable to discern.

However there is no doubt that your apartment was on fire and it does have smoke coming out of it.
Vegas
Cool beans. I'll post again tomorrow. Have to crash. I'm supposed to be up and "alert" for work in less than 4 hours nyahnyah.gif Ha!
WinterRat1
On a side note, it feels really nice to be getting back into my rhythm again. I don't think I fully realized how much I missed LITS until I finally got my groove going again these last few weeks. It's good to be back on track. smile.gif
DireRadiant
Decide on Gang, make PC gangers... or Make PC Gangers, make Gang? Or something else entirely?
WinterRat1
First step is to lay the framework for how the game will operate and be run. The administrative, background, and thematic elements of the game.

Second step is to make the gang itself, this will be heavily dependent on whether we have a PC leader to start the game or not, as they'll have to be heavily involved in this part. This is where we flesh out stuff like the turf, important buildings within it, rival gangs in the area, etc.

Then we make PC gangers from my list of invitees (I have PMed ES Sparky and Rokur and extended invites to them as well, btw).

Then we open up Recruitment to the DS community at large.

Then we begin your long, slow crawl out of the gutters. smile.gif

I want the stage set before we move onto the casting. Last time we were still trying to determine turf lines, key landmarks, buildings, rival gangs and our relationship with them, etc. as we were still playing. After the stage is set and the environment (both IC and OOC) in place, we have a foundational framework to support the cast.

The invitees will be the ones heavily involved with the stage creation process. If you're on the invitee list it's because I trust and value your input on these areas and want you to be a part of creating the immediate world the gang is operating in.

Your characters will serve as both initial examples and a frame of reference for new PCs we recruit, so they know generally what we're looking for and what we expect.

Finally, new recruits will have the opportunity to help flesh out the gang itself (traditions, operations, colors, name, etc.) before play starts.

Yes, it's a lot of work to set up, and we certainly won't be jumping into play immediately. On the other hand, I am a firm believer that in a forum campaign (and especially a gang related one), the more time spent on the front end to lay a solid foundation to build on, the better off the game is in the long run.

For evidence, I simply point to LITS's track record and its relative position in the Forums (length of time in existence, # of posts, # of views, # of participants, quality of play, consistency, etc.) and say 'nuff said. smile.gif
Slipshade
WR1 - Well, I had a lot of fun in the short lived Ganger game we were in a while back. I would certainly be interested in reviving or reinventing my ganger. Let me know more as you get closer to launch.

Do you need anything from Max yet or are we still on Scrap's initiative rounds?
WinterRat1
Slip - We are on Scrap's 2nd Simple Action of Combat Turn 2, IP 3. Once he posts that Simple Action you will be up for Combat Turn 3, IP 1.

Which ganger game do you refer to, was it the Streets of Sorrow game? If so, that was a very short lived game that was a very long time ago. smile.gif
Slipshade
WR1 - Heh, I don't even remember the name and it was quite a while ago, but I was really enjoying the character. It would be fun to do again.
WinterRat1
Vegas - Does Lana plan on talking to the police or you do you want me to fast forward to 00:00:00, when you will have the option of making the call. Or not. Your choice.

If you want to fast forward to 00:00:00, the only thing you'll miss is speaking to the police, so if you want her to talk to the cops, let me know and we'll get to that scene.

I wasn't sure if Lana would want to stick around and talk to the cops or not, in which case we can jump. Note that I'm not suggesting Lana should avoid talking to the cops; I wanted to ask in case you planned on ducking them so I didn't accidentally write them talking to Lana if you planned on having her avoid them.
WinterRat1
At long last, SR 4 training rules are up in the Guidelines thread! smile.gif

Also note that we will be using the Arcana, Enchanting, and Magic Loss optional Street Magic rules per pg. 31.

Awakened PCs, don't worry too much about the Magic Loss rules. There's no formal system in place yet for actually losing your Magic through injury, we're simply stating that it is officially possible to do so.

Basically we're treating it like cyber/bioware damage. It's technically possible, but for all practical purposes you don't really have to worry about it right now in the absence of a formal system. We just want you to be aware of it and respect the fact that it's possible, we don't want to cripple you. smile.gif
Vegas
WR1 - We can skip it. Right now she'd most likely not feel all that "secure" anywhere but either on the move or not surrounded by cops (or her friends really) so she can make the call at midnight. She would ask around amidst the other residents (especially Mrs. Chernov) if they'd heard anything about getting back inside before she'd go back to the cops at this point, afraid they'd keep her from making the important call by asking too many questions or whatever.

We can "gloss that over" a little bit if you want to just move forward. Either way I'm ok with it smile.gif
WinterRat1
For those who haven't yet noticed, the gang campaign planning thread is up, titled 'Down in the Gutter'. Those interested should go check it out and make their presence known.

Oh and Grendel, several people have specifically cited you as a PC as a primary source of their interest in the game. Just thought I'd mention that. smile.gif
WinterRat1
Scrap - Reminder to post John's 2nd Simple Action for Combat Turn 2, IP 3.

Vegas - Lana gets the feeling Nikol is wrapping up the conversation. If you have anything else you want Lana to say, go ahead in your next post, but do not end the conversation. Nikol will be the one to end the call.
WinterRat1
General Announcement

OK Everyone, we're in the process of trying to turn our LITS website into a resource we can all actually use on a regular basis. Part of our efforts is updating pertinent information we need, especially the GMs.

We need people's help on a couple areas.

First, in the 'Supporting Cast (NPCs)' link, we need you to check the list we have, and then do the following:

Players: Send Mister Juan a list of all your contacts, any significant NPCs you created/developed, and a brief description of each.

GMs: Send Mister Juan a list of any of your NPCs and a brief description of each. If you have players who dropped out, please send him names and descriptions for them as well.

Descriptions can be long or short, and you can follow some of the examples already posted or create your own.

Next, create a brief description of your character (similar to the example I posted a few weeks back) and send it to Mister Juan. We want these up so people have at least a sneak preview of who's who when they go to our website to learn more about our game.

Finally, any significant locations that have been used so far should be sent to Mister Juan with a brief description. Here significant is pretty much any place your character has been to where something actually happened.

If you want to see the site and what we've got up so far, here's the link:

LITS Website

This is for LITS's own good people, so please help us out and send Mister Juan your information ASAP. The GM Staff really needs this information to help make it easier for us to do our jobs, especially since we've had to swap PCs so often and need a way to catch up on what's happened to them. By not helping us out, you're not only hurting the GM Staff, you're hurting your fellow LITSers and by extension, LITS as a whole.

We've asked several times for this information from people and haven't gotten it. In the interests of full disclosure, I am guilty of this too. However, we really do want and need this resource to assist us in keeping the quality of our GMing high, so if we still haven't collected the information in the next couple of weeks, we will start penalizing people karma. We'll give you advance warning before it happens, but be forewarned that this time around we are serious about getting this website up and running to be a benefit to the LITS community as a whole. Thanks in advance for your cooperation! smile.gif
WinterRat1
Mister Juan - Did I say I would buy you a drink at Gen Con? Make that two.

I'm going through the website now to refresh myself on Max and John's stories, as well as working on my own NPC Who's Who list to send you, and I would NEVER be able to do this without the website. This is why we have the website, and thank God that we do!

EDIT: Ah the things you remember when you review stuff. For example...

Slip - Do you remember that even if you survive this gunfight you're supposed to call Hideo Ashikawa at 07:00:00 for travel instructions...or in about 6 hours?

EDIT 2:

Scrap and Slip - I forgot how much I loved your guys story. I can't wait to get back on track with this again!

And I also forgot how much drek Dragon is in. Ah, the life of a hardened criminal...frown.gif
WinterRat1
Scrap and Slip - Forgot to ask, any chance you guys will be joining us for GenCon?
bclements
grendel: any camera's visable in the hallway? Also, how good is the map that Tony has? I.E. does it show storerooms, cameras, etc or just the layout of the place?
grendel
Roll me some perception. Also, Tony's map shows only the gross layout and not any of the finer security details.
grendel
Karma awards for my players:

Morgannah: 2 pts (Apr 18th - May 01st)
BClements: 2 pts (Apr 18th - May 01st) [GM Bonus]
WinterRat1: 2 pts (Apr 18th - May 01st) [GM Bonus]
BanditF50: 2 pts (Apr 18th - May 01st)
Shadowrunner13: 2 pts (Apr 18th - May 01st)
DireRadiant: 2 pts (Apr 18th - May 01st)
Mister Juan: 2 pts (Apr 18th - May 01st)
Shadow: 2 pts (Apr 18th - May 01st)
bclements
Rolling:

[ Spoiler ]
grendel
As near as Tony can tell, there aren't any surveillance cameras in the hallway. Nor are there obvious security detection devices, apart from any anti-tamper circuits Xayide (may have) disabled on the maglock. The hallway appears clean, but empty, very sterile and unmarked with any kind of graffiti or signs.
bclements
Ok...which way to the first likely (in Tony's estimation) place for cyberware storage?
bclements
Cthulhu: Roll me some Willpower.
grendel
Down the hall and turn right.
DireRadiant
Yeah yeah, I got a half written IC post somewhere I need to finish and get up.
WinterRat1
Vegas - Two questions.

1. Is Lana going to do anything else at the airport or just head directly to locker 763?

2. How drunk is Lana?
Cedric Rolfsson
BC, am I okay to post to the general LITS 4 thread now?
Vegas
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
Vegas - Two questions.

1. Is Lana going to do anything else at the airport or just head directly to locker 763?

2. How drunk is Lana?

WR1 - Two answers

1 - Depending on just what's inside the locker when she manages to open it, probably not. In and out with whatever her sister's managed to leave behind for her. She might think about hopping the next flight if there's cash inside ;P

2 - Well past a friendly little buzz but not completely shit-faced. If that helps. She's definitely at a die roll modifier though biggrin.gif
WinterRat1
Vegas - One more question.

[ Spoiler ]
Vegas
WR1

[ Spoiler ]
Cthulhu449
Uh oh, I see a bad moon rising. WILL ROLL: 2, 2, 4, 5, 6.
Slipshade
WR1 - No chance I will be there. Buying a house kinda puts a stop to travel plans. smile.gif
bclements
Congrats, Slip!

Cedric: go right ahead.
WinterRat1
Slip - Where did you move to again, if you don't mind me asking? I forgot.

Vegas - 'Omit parts of the story'? More like, omitted everything except the obvious! wink.gif
Vegas
WR1 - Hee! hey.. what they don't know might hurt them... it's just better this way wink.gif
WinterRat1
You mean what they don't know might not hurt them?

What they don't know might hurt them too! wink.gif
Vegas
I don't know what I'm trying to say... doing TOO Much all at once. biggrin.gif

but yes, you have it correct wink.gif
WinterRat1
Hey, be careful what you say.

After Dragon had not one, but TWO missiles fired at him from the Blimp of DOOM™ in addition to the grenade launcher and SMG wielding drone sniping at him, he asked how it could get worse.

Then he got framed for an attempted hit on a Mafia underboss and had a rocket fired at him the moment he walked out of a bar.

Believe me, you don't want to ask how it can get worse. vegm.gif
Vegas
Oh I know... believe me I know you could throw a major curveball my way (again) biggrin.gif

Somehow I'm currently thankful I didn't get Grendel as my GM wink.gif *grins*
WinterRat1
Yeah, now you just have him as your fearless leader. biggrin.gif

EDIT: And look at it this way, you can't accuse me of not making Lana's life interesting!
bclements
I don't know why Grendel gets such a bad rap as a GM. Creepy interiors, shootouts, odd NPC's that can disappear. What could you not like?

Preemptive roll, for my GM:

[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Scrap and Slip - Combat Turn 3, IP 1, you both are up. You know the drill by now.
Slipshade
WR1 - Moved from California to Oregon
Vegas
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
EDIT: And look at it this way, you can't accuse me of not making Lana's life interesting!

I'd never DREAM of that! biggrin.gif

Couple of questions for ya.

1) Did you mean to have Aidan's place in the same building as Lana's? I had imagined it being elsewhere, somewhere in the neighborhood but close by. Either or, don't care was just checking.

2) Is all the rest of Lana's gear besides what she was carrying/wearing toast? Or will she be able to rummage through the remnants of the apartment to try to salvage anything?

3) If there is anything left in the apartment, about how long till she can get into it?
WinterRat1
1) Did you mean to have Aidan's place in the same building as Lana's? I had imagined it being elsewhere, somewhere in the neighborhood but close by. Either or, don't care was just checking.

Crap, good catch. No, Aidan's apartment is not in the same building as Lana's. I went back and changed the relevant posts to read 'Aidan's Apartment'. Please go back and change your relevant posts as well. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. That's what I get for doing all this posting lately, I'm bound to miss something.

2) Is all the rest of Lana's gear besides what she was carrying/wearing toast? Or will she be able to rummage through the remnants of the apartment to try to salvage anything?

You don't know, you'll have to go back to your apartment to see what you can salvage.

3) If there is anything left in the apartment, about how long till she can get into it?

You don't know, you'll have to check, either with the cops or the building management.
Vegas
@ WR1

Done, and noted. Will factor that into future posts.
Scrapheap
WR1-
Are we just using the initiative order from last round?

Also, can smoke grenades be set to go off at impact? If not, that would change my "plan." And by plan I mean "throw the smoke grenade, shoot the guy in front of me, and run."

-S
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012