Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
grendel
Edge attribute itself. Remember using edge isn't like burning it, the attribute never really decreases.
bclements
Gotcha.

Goon 2 is going to close to melee range and attack. Vedic is on the ground, right?

Dice pool (Agility 4(6) + UC 3+ 2 for Superior Position)= 5,5,4,4,3,2,2,2,1,1,1
2 Hits.
grendel
Yes, Vedic is prone from the gunshots. The target modifier should be +3 for opponent prone rather than the +2 for generic superior position. Vedic is -3 for wounds and -2 for confusion, rolling to block is agility plus unarmed combat (6+8) for a final dice pool of 9.

6, 5, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 1 (2 hits, defender ties, attack is blocked, p. 139)

Do you want to post this or shall I?
bclements
You go for it. Rolling that last dice: 1 (doesn't change the outcome).

Also, you're up in this IP.

grendel
Vedic is responding in melee. -5 again for confusion and wounds, Agility plus Unarmed is 12, final dice pool is 7.

6, 5, 5, 4, 2, 2, 1 (3 hits)

Striking up from below at knee/groin/femoral artery with killing hands.
bclements
Dice pool for #2:

Reaction 4(5)+ UC 3*=5, 3, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1. One hit.

Rolling to Soak (4P from the attack + net hits); Pool is Body 5(6) + armour jacket Impact 6 +3 (orthoskin) = 15: 6, 6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 1, 1. Eight hits, so the damage is soaked (right? EDIT: right).

I'll write it up after the response. Vedic's also up on the third pass of this round (the only one up).

*Just checked; Sedna had the goon's Unarmed Combat at 5. I didn't catch this till now. My mistake, and I'll run with it for some sake of consistancy.
grendel
All right, this guy's got enough armor that Vedic can pound on him all day long with no success. What are the chances that I can attack to knockdown with the intent of knocking him off the walkway?
bclements
Iffy with those injury mods; you'll have to get >3 net hits (with a reduced pool) to be able to knock him down. However, since he's within melee range, and Vedic's almost right up against the railing if you succeed he'll need HALO training.

Also, I didn't see any defensive bonuses to superior position listed. Kinda odd.
grendel
Nothing to lose by going for it. -5 dice for injuries and confusion, leaving 7 again.

6, 6, 6, 6, 5, 3, 1 (5 hits)

Huh, I was going to roll edge afterwards. Should have thrown it in on the roll.
bclements
Dice Pool: Agility 4(5) +UC 3 (no confusion mods)= 6, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 1, 1. One hit. One measly hit.

Guy's got a body of 5(6), which is lower than Vedic's Strength plus net hits, so he goes skydiving off the railing.
bclements
Ok, time to re-roll intiative.

Also, do the rolls for resisting the spirits Confusion power carry through, or do you re-roll every intiative round?
grendel
Vedic is -5 for wounds and confusion.

6, 3, 2, 1: 1 hit + 9 = 10 initiative

Confusion is an LOS power, the only time you'd reroll to resist is if you broke line of sight with the spirit.
bclements
#1's Initiative: (-2 for confusion mods):6, 6, 4, 4, 2; 2 hits+7= 9.

#2 is falling down to the floor (about 5 meters below), rolling Body (5 (6)) +1/2 Impact (3) armor against 4 damage: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 4, 4, 6, 6 (2 hits, reduces damage by 2). Goon 2 takes 2 stun damage from the fall.

#2's Initiative (no mods): 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5: 4 Hits+9=13.

#2 makes test to get up (simple action), since he is wounded: Body 5(6) + Willpower 3= 2, 4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6 (4 hits). Threshold is 2, so he makes it up. He's holding the rest of his actions and moving back up to the landing where he fell.

grendel, is Vedic getting up?
grendel
No, he's in a defensive crouch, left leg forward, left knee down, right leg back. The momentum of his attack wouldn't have been enough to sling him fully upright, especially with his wounds. His goal remains to clear the club as fast as possible with Lilith. If it looks like he can do it without further engagements he will, otherwise he's going to try and send Goon 1 off the landing after Goon 2.
bclements
"No, I'm Chaos. He's Mayham."

You're up on 10 grendel. Basically, you've got some people moving down from the upper level to your level; pretty much everyone in the club saw that or someone close to them did, and they're moving to react to it in one way or another. #1 is preoccupied with them at the moment: he's checking if they're friend, foe, or trying to get the hell out of the way. Lillith is 3 meters behind you; you're inbetween her and the door.
grendel
Mayhem. Forward towards the door with Lilith in tow.
bclements
Never can get that right. #1 is firing a burst: 1, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4 (0 hits). #4 (along with #5, they are coming down the stairs) takes an action to ready a weapon, and fires a narrow burst on #1 (Agility 5, Automatics 3, Smartgun +2, Low Light -2, +2 Burst Compensation, -2 First Burst): 3 hits, using Stick-n-Shock.

#1 rolls Reaction 4 : 1, 1, 2, 6 (1 hit and a glitch). I’m spending a point of Edge to make it a normal hit in this case. So, #1 resists 8(6 Base +2 hits)S stun from the SnS bullets (using Body 4+ ½ Impact armor (3) for a dice pool of 7): 1, 1, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5 (2 hits). #1 takes a hard Stun hit of 8( 8- 2 soak + 2 narrow burst) as well as Knockback.

An additional test for Electricity damage is required: Body 4 + Willpower 3 + ½ Impact armor (3) is needed to see if he’s incapacitated for some time (threshold is 3): 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 6, 6 (4 hits). He’s down, and close to but not quite yet at out.

#5 moves down the catwalk; #4 stays by #1, #5 readies a weapon, and fires a burst at #2 moving up from down below: using SnS ammo again. Dice pool is Agility 4 + Automatics 4 + Smartlink +2, Low Light -2, -2 Visibility (bunch of people moving around) +2 Burst Compensation, -2 First Burst= 6. Rolling: 3, 3, 3, 4, 5, 6 (2 hits, +2 DV from the burst). Point of Edge (attribute 3) to reroll: 1, 4, 6 (rerolling 6’s: 6, rolling again: 5) Total of 5 hits (5, 6 from the original roll, 6 from the Edge reroll, exploded to 5). Modified power level it 11S.

#2 is rolling Reaction 4 (5): 1, 1, 2, 5, 6. 2 hits, so he has to soak. Soak Pool is Body 5(6) + 3 Orthoskin + ½ Impact Armor (3): 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6 (5 hits). So #2 takes a hit of 11S-5 hits on soak +2 DV=8 Stun. And suffers knockback, so he’s down too at this point. Incapacitation test: Body 5(6) + Willpower 4 +1/2 Impact Armor (3) [threshold 3]: 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 3, 3, 3, 4, 4, 4, 6, 6. 2 hits, so he’s down for 2 + 3 net hit Combat Rounds (5 Combat Rounds) until he can get back up again.

Give me till the morning to write this up. Kinda tiring getting this kind of crash course in SR4 combat. You did warn me, WR1 smile.gif
WinterRat1
If I may make a suggestion BC:

If you notice, whenever I post rolls for Dragon (or anyone) on Dumpshock, I always write everything vertically. This serves several purposes:

1. It's easier to type, because it's in a list format.

2. It's easer to read, because it reads like a checklist rather than one long never ending stream of numbers and modifiers.

3. It's a LOT easier to check yourself and just as important, have the others involved in the situation check you. I was reading your posts above (for practice purposes for myself) and my head was starting to spin reading all that. I can't imagine how you felt after writing it, let alone rereading it to double check yourself.

4. The only downside is it takes up a lot of room vertically, but that's what spoiler tags are for.

For comparison purposes, here's your same post with #4 firing at #1 (in a spoiler tag to not take up so much room).

Character: #4
[ Spoiler ]

I admit, I did that mostly for the practice, but also so my players get in the habit of posting my way, cause I definitely don't want to have to wade through a horizontal list. *Hint to all my players*

Ugh, and that took me almost 20 minutes to type out just copying you BC! This is why I don't post my NPC rolls very often. wink.gif

Let me know if that was helpful for you or if I just ended up doing it for the exercise. smile.gif
bclements
Oh yeah, that helps. I'll probably be using that system from now on. Definatly looks a lot cleaner than my Internet scratching above.

Mainly I was just posting the NPC rolls to get used to the system and check any dice pool or damage calculations. Probably won't do it going forward, but its nice to get into the mindset.
bclements
grendel: Vedic's up on the second initiative pass. Both of the newcomers are at 9, and are both using a point of Edge to have a second initiative pass.

For positional reference, #5 is directly behind you, about 5 meters distant. #4 is 3 meters to his left, standing at the next to last set of stairs. He'd have to move to get a clear shot with the crowd; 5 has some modifiers as well but has a better shot if he chooses to take it. You're about 15 meters and a flight of stairs from the door.
grendel
Best speed to the door. Vedic will drag Lilith if required.
bclements
If you're going to drag or significantly yank her along, give me a Willpower + Body (threshold 3) test, since Vedic isn't upright yet.

grendel
Body (3) + Willpower (4) - Wounds (3) - Confusion (2) = 2. Unable to acheive three hits.
bclements
EDIT: I really don't want to drive WR1 crazy smile.gif

Secondly, since Vedic's not upright, he's moving at 1/2 of the Walking rate per turn, in this case 5 Meters/Turn. At the end of this combat turn, he'll be 10 meters from the door.

He also hasn't been noticed yet either, as 5 apparently can't see either the forest or the trees with the kind of Perception rolls he's gotten so far.

Vedic's up on the last IP of this turn.
grendel
Continue to move towards the door, take cover as appropriate behind other patrons, delay.

Initiative 9 - 5 (wounds plus confusion) = 4

6, 5, 4, 2 (2 hits)

11 initiative again.
WinterRat1
BC - For my sanity's sake as I track karma (especially considering I'll have a few months to catch up on when I finally get around to it) please post karma awards as separate posts. Thanks much!

EDIT: If you could edit that post and start with separate karma award posts now, that would be great, because I'd hate to miss 26 karma in my records somewhere! smile.gif
bclements
-grendel [11/22/05 to 2/26/06]: 26 (13 for the individual weeks, +13 GM Bonus for those weeks)

Sorry 'bout that WR1
bclements
Order for this round:
[ Spoiler ]

Vedic is up at 11, 10 meters from the door. If you're going to take an action to try to get up, give me an Infiltration roll as well.
Scrapheap
Karma (4 weeks):

Mister Juan (1/31 - 2/27): 4 + 2 (quality) = 6
grendel
Continue to move towards the door, take cover as appropriate, delay.

Agility(4) + Infiltration(3) - wounds(3) - confusion(2) = 2

5, 3 (1 hit)
bclements
4 is holding his action; guarding 2. 5 is spending an action to Observe, as he can't actually tell if Vedic is there:
[ Spoiler ]

You are out of combat timing at this point.
bclements
-grendel (2/26 to 3/5): 2 points (1 + 1 GM)
grendel
Am I clear to write Vedic out of the club and back to a safe house?
bclements
Yes, you're free to post.

WinterRat1
Slipshade - OK I admit I'm piecing this procedure together from SR 3 and bootlegging it as I go along. That's my public disclaimer. That said, give me an Intuition + Ritual Sorcery Roll. Since we're now using SR 4 rules, continue this in the SR 4 OOC thread.
Slipshade
Roll: 01, 04, 05, 05, 05 (Not bad)

I got food poisoning yesterday, and I am not 100 percent yet, so my posting will be sporadic until I feel better.
WinterRat1
General Note: For those who noticed my post in TinkerGnome's Ganger Campaign, I am interested in playing in that campaign if my time allows, and to that extent I want to get in on the ground floor. The creative side of me loves creating campaigns and worlds so the opportunity to create something I get to also play in is obviously of interest to me.

However LITS has always been, and will always be my number one Dumpshock related priority. If my time does not allow me to do both (quite possible, particularly during tax season) then I will not be participating in the Ganger Campaign. There will be no effect on my ability to fulfill my various responsibilities in LITS, so no one get worried that my interest in Tinker's game will in any way negatively impact LITS. smile.gif
WinterRat1
General Announcement

The revised SR 4 Guidelines and Recruitment Announcement are in the final review stages and we will be opening up Recruitment again shortly.

All current players, please send me your completed SR 4 conversions ASAP. I currently only have Slipshade, Grendel, Mister Juan, and Scrapheap's completed conversion sheets.

Once the Recruitment is complete, we will be moving entirely to SR 4 rules, so if you aren't done yet with your conversion, or at least are not to a functionally playable character, please get there as soon as you can. Thanks!
bclements
-grendel (3/5 to 3/12): 2 points (1 + 1 GM)
WinterRat1
Slip- Another Intuition + Ritual Sorcery Roll please.
Slipshade
WR1 - Sorry for my absence. My food poisoning put me in the hospital then a long recovery time in which my three daughters caught a flu bug. I will get back to posting sometime this week.

Roll: 01, 03, 04, 06, 06
WinterRat1
Slip - I'll have a post up some time tomorrow for you

Scrap & Bandit - Waiting on you Bandit. Please put up a post so we can keep the ball rolling.

ASVW - I'll put up a post tomorrow sometime as well.

BC - Should we only go to a certain point, or will you interrupt us when he wakes up?

Eyes - I believe I'm still waiting on you? Correct me if I am mistaken please.
bclements
I'll interrupt; no need to wait on me.
bclements
-grendel (3/12 to 3/19): 2 points (1 + 1 GM)
WinterRat1
Slip, Scrap, and Bandit - You're all up, sorry for the delay.
Slipshade
No problem WR1 - We know you are busy.
WinterRat1
I'm starting to get back into a rhythm though. Between tax season and the long layoff, it was hard to get rolling again. Hopefully once we all get back into the swing of things and pick up some momentum, it'll be easier for me. So actually if you guys want to post a little quicker to 'prod' me into responses, please do so.

I've figured out from the ganger campaign that as long as the posts are short and sweet, I can go pretty quick. I might have to wait or hold off on some of the longer posts that may come up, but the shorter ones that keep us moving should (hopefully) come a bit quicker than once a week.
Slipshade
Heh, I would have posted today, but I need to refresh my memory when it comes to casting spells. I wanted to cast my Astral Window spell to see through the barrier that's in front of me, but I couldn't remember if I can cast other spells through that window or not.
WinterRat1
Off the top of my head, I have no idea. you'll have to look it up. =)
WinterRat1
Scrap - Give me a (former) addiction test. Body + Willpower (Threshold 1), with a +2 modifier because you aren't actually addicted to it anymore (i.e. you didn't receive any points for it).

This is strictly for role-playing purposes, since the addiction was and still is a major part of your story, this seems like an appropriate point to highlight that. You can blame Bandit for this, because if he hadn't bought a round of drinks and started chugging right in front of you, and left you a nice cold one right in front of you, this wouldn't be an issue.

After you make the test, write up a post detailing John's handling of the situation based upon how well you passed (or failed).

You won't actually be compelled to drink even if you critical glitch. In that event, just do something appropriately dramatic to stop yourself at the last minute, maybe spitting it out or chucking it against the wall or something crazy like that.

And oh yeah, consider this a sign I'm starting to get my groove back, getting on my players with all these little touches. All the little details make the game more fun, don't you think? wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012