Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
WinterRat1
Slip- You are correct on the rolls.

And aheh...you caught me. Catching up with karma has been on my list of things to do, along with updating the karma log for everyone else...I will get to it soon.

Memorial Day weekend I plan to devote entirely to catching up with my life. *crosses fingers* With luck, that'll actually happen. smile.gif
Slipshade
Not like I will get time to spend Karma any time soon, so no worries. smile.gif

ok onto the rolls:

Charisma + Etiquette: 11 Dice

02, 02, 02, 02, 03, 03, 05, 05, 06, 06, 06 = 5 hits

Intuition + Assensing (Auras): 4 Dice (6 if Aura reading)

02, 03, 05, 06 = 2 hits

(01, 02, 02, 03, 05, 06 = 2 hits if reading Auras)

Willpower: 4 Dice

03, 04, 04, 05 = 1 Hit
Scrapheap
Charisma + Etiquette (Street): 7 Dice

06 06 06 05 04 02 02 = 4 hits

Intuition + Perception: 7 Dice

06 05 05 04 03 02 02 = 3 hits

Willpower: 3 Dice

05 05 03 = 2 hits

One more, just in case John knows this place by sight:

Intuition + Area Knowledge:Redmond: 9 Dice

06 06 05 05 05 03 03 03 02 = 5 hits

OK, OK. One more I just thought might help:

Intuition + Gang Turf: 6 Dice

05 04 04 04 03 01 = 1 hit
WinterRat1
Slip and Scrap - I've got a couple 'flavor posts' I need to write, and then I have to write a post for you both to incorporate everything you learned from your rolls.

In the meantime, why don't you specify exactly what you each have on you?
Scrapheap
John has all of his gear in the van, but when talking to the locals he will only be carrying the Manhunters. That may change if they have to enter the building expecting trouble.

[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Scrapheap and Slipshade - Both of you give me an Edge + Perception Skill Roll as well please.

EDIT: Love the gear description as well Scrap. 'Ugly Sweater'. rotfl.gif
Scrapheap
Perception + Edge: 4 dice

05 05 04 03 = 2 hits
Slipshade
WR1 -
[ Spoiler ]

Edge + Perception = 1 Dice (I really need to get the Perception skill)

03 = No Hits

Edge + Assensing (Aura) = 2 Dice (4 Dice)

02, 05 (02, 06) =1 Hit (2 Hits)
WinterRat1
Someone, anyone, first person who reads this and can respond, pick one for me please and post the response. Thanks!

Odd or Even
Scrapheap
Even.
WinterRat1
Thanks.
Slipshade
Random chance deciding our fate?

For some reason I am totally ok with that. smile.gif
WinterRat1
Everyone feel free to read the flavor post I just put up. Scrap and Slip, I will put up your post later today, which you will then be able to respond to freely.

Volunteer Players- No volunteers are to post at this time. I will inform you when you may begin to post.

The stage is being set, the players gather, the curtain is about to rise and the show is waiting to begin, as everyone awaits the unfolding of this most pivotal of acts...
banditf50
WR1: I just want you to know that when I read the parts about "El Trollo Gigante" and the trombone case I started to laugh loud enough that a lab-mate of mine asked me what was so funny.

El Trollo Gigante . . . . spin.gif
Slipshade
Oh boy and the drek hits the fan...ready for some fun Scrap. smile.gif

bandit - Yah I found that pretty funny myself. smile.gif
WinterRat1
Scrap and Slip - You're free to post. Everyone else, hold on posting.

Volunteers - If you have any questions about your character's motives, personalities, goals, behavior, etc., Let me know immediately! Instructions will be forthcoming in this OOC thread via spoilers for all volunteers later today.
Slipshade
WR1 - The Astral Barrier is still up I take it?
bclements
QUOTE (banditf50)
WR1: I just want you to know that when I read the parts about "El Trollo Gigante" and the trombone case I started to laugh loud enough that a lab-mate of mine asked me what was so funny.

Yeah, that was pretty funny smile.gif
Tiredronin
QUOTE (banditf50)

I laughed out loud too... still laughing actually...

though nobody asked me anything... frown.gif
WinterRat1
WR1 - The Astral Barrier is still up I take it?

Yes it is.
bclements
QUOTE (Tiredronin)
...though nobody asked me anything... frown.gif

You want to make a sensor roll? wink.gif
WinterRat1
I'm glad everyone likes El Trollo Gigante. I spent forever trying to come up with the perfect name for a big troll mercenary brick, and everything kept sounding so cliche to me.

Since we're building up to the big climactic...er, winding down to a calm, peaceful, subdued ending with absolutely nothing bad about to happen whatsoever (Yes, that's it. No troubles or problems coming up at all. No sir. wink.gif ), I wanted his name to be memorable, and it appears I have succeeded. smile.gif

I admit I absolutely could not resist giving him the machine gun in the trombone case. I mean, how many cartoons over the years have had that? I absolutely had to put that in my game somewhere! And yes, I realize it's usually a violin case, but if you think about it, a trombone case makes much more sense for the shape of the average machine gun. Uh, not that he'll be needing it or anything like that...biggrin.gif
WinterRat1
BC - you might want to add that request to the ASVW OOC thread as well, since technically that's where it belongs.

Ronin - Don't you dare screw up this sensor roll. If we get jumped AGAIN, I'm holding you responsible. sarcastic.gif
bclements
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
BC - you might want to add that request to the ASVW OOC thread as well, since technically that's where it belongs.

Ronin - Don't you dare screw up this sensor roll. If we get jumped AGAIN, I'm holding you responsible.  sarcastic.gif

Oh, it was just a joke, for the moment*.

*it may cease to be a joke at any moment. MUHAHA *cough* cough*
Slipshade
QUOTE (WinterRat1 @ May 25 2006, 01:21 PM)

Since we're building up to the big climactic...er, winding down to a calm, peaceful, subdued ending with absolutely nothing bad about to happen whatsoever (Yes, that's it. No troubles or problems coming up at all. No sir. wink.gif )

That's alright. My scrawny, little pseudo-elf can take what ever you can dish out big man!
WinterRat1
That's alright. My scrawny, little pseudo-elf can take what ever you can dish out big man!

Glad you put that in writing for me to quote in a little bit. biggrin.gif

I'll remember you said that when I'm going over my notes of what to throw...er, I mean NOT throw at you guys. Yes, that's it. NOT throw, because there's no opposition or anything, this is just a nice, quiet little role-playing scene that has absolutely zero possibility of danger. wink.gif
Slipshade
biggrin.gif

I laugh in the face of danger. HA!

Your NPC's got nothing on me!

Of course like you said...absolutely no danger what so ever. smile.gif
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Slipshade)

*Ding Dong*

"Did someone order the big italian sausage pizza?"
bclements
QUOTE (Mister Juan)
QUOTE (Slipshade @ May 25 2006, 03:47 PM)
I laugh in the face of danger.  HA!

*Ding Dong*

MY EYES! THE PAIN!!!one
WinterRat1
QUOTE (Slipshade)

*Ding Dong*

Apparently Grendel's statement that you can't UN-SEE certain things is true in more ways than one...
Mister Juan
rotfl.gif
I swear I'm going to plug this one EVERY time I can wink.gif
WinterRat1
OK, for all my Volunteer NPCs, here are some notes for each of the NPCs.

It goes without saying, but please only read your own spoiler. This is mostly for my volunteers. Normally it wouldn’t matter, since they’re all GM controlled characters anyway, but I’d like my volunteers to have fun by not knowing everything that’s coming. wink.gif

If you have any questions about your character beyond what I’ve outlined here, please ask me in the OOC thread via a spoiler tag, PM, or email immediately. Thanks again for all your help, and I’m looking forward to watching how this all unfolds! smile.gif

Bandit, Ronin, Bclements, Mister Juan (yes this is for all of you) –
[ Spoiler ]

Bandit –
[ Spoiler ]

Ronin –
[ Spoiler ]

Bclements –
[ Spoiler ]

Mister Juan –
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Slip and Scrap - You're both still free to post.

Volunteers - Hold until I specify in the OOC thread your NPC is active and you are free to post.
WinterRat1
Slip/Scrap - I'm assuming you two are still posting back and forth, since it doesn't appear from either of your posts that you need to be waiting on me, is that correct?

Scrap- It's CAO, not COA. I got confused there for a second. I was like 'Coa, who's that?' smile.gif Just so you know.

But I have to admit, at least you aren't putting your hands on anyone's back. wink.gif
Scrapheap
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
It's CAO, not COA. I got confused there for a second. I was like 'Coa, who's that?'  Just so you know.

Fixed.

QUOTE (WinterRat1)
But I have to admit, at least you aren't putting your hands on anyone's back.

It's still early. I think I have that pizza place's number around here somewhere...
WinterRat1
It's still early. I think I have that pizza place's number around here somewhere...

As long as I am in no way, shape, or form present or involved with the calling of said pizza place and its services, whatever you do behind closed doors is your business. And Max's, of course. biggrin.gif
banditf50
Sorry for the short notice all. I have decided (at the last minute) to go and see my brother, who is at college in Wisconsin, for the holiday weekend. I hope that this is not too much trouble and I will keep an eye out for a chance to check the forums.

Have a great weekend everyone!
WinterRat1
Volunteers, Scrap, Slip - Since Slipshade will not be able to post regularly until he returns from vacation (June 5th) I am going to delay moving this storyline forward until his return.

Volunteers, please have draft copies of your NPC's conversions to SR 4 to me by Friday, June 2, so I can go over them during the weekend and get them back to you before we resume play.

Posting will resume as soon as Slipshade gets back and posts Max's reply to John.

Let me know if there's any questions anyone!
WinterRat1
Karma Information

At last, karma records have been updated:

First, my players:

Slip: 23 weeks (yes, it's been that long! eek.gif) + 7 quality = 30
Scrap: 23 weeks + 7 quality + 23 GM = 53

(Eyes has been awarded karma by Grendel during this time)

Grendel, Scrap, and BC are pretty up to date on karma awarding.

Bandit - You haven't awarded Karma since 4/18/06. You only need to award karma to Cedric though, because Grendel has been awarding SR 13 and Bastard karma.

Grendel -
[ Spoiler ]

All GMs- Effective immediately, try to make sure you award karma to your CURRENT players. Remember, technically speaking Bandit has SR 13, and I have Eyes (although I will say, thanks much Grendel for awarding karma to them during this time of poor records, it made my job MUCH easier!). This will make record keeping and GMing clearer and easier.

(Note: Bandit when you give SR 13 karma, only award karma from 5/16 onward. You do NOT need to catch up with him like you do Cedric.)
Slipshade
I will post something tomorrow.

WR1 - If you keep posting about the typing error, I will turn Max into the biggest man chaser you have ever seen and force you as my GM to roleplay it out.
Slipshade
WOW that is a lot of Karma. smile.gif
WinterRat1
Scrap and Slip - Are you guys ready for me to post your entrance into the warehouse, or is there anything else you want to do outside first?

Scrap:
[ Spoiler ]
Slipshade
I am ready to go. Scrap?
Scrapheap
WR1-
I'm good to go.

[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
OK then, let's get this show on the road.

I'll get the entrance post up as soon as I can today.

EDIT: Sorry, way too much to do today. The intro post needs a bit of work to do it justice, so I'll have to try and get it up Thursday or Friday. I will have it up ASAP.
Slipshade
No problem WR1.

Scrap - You ready to kick some ass bro?
Scrapheap
Kick ass? Aren't we just going to talk? smile.gif
Slipshade
We'll try that first, but for some reason I don't think WinterRat is going to let us get out of this that easy.

WinterRat1
Scrap and Slip - My other DS obligations are now mostly fulfilled. Your post will have top priority and will be up either tomorrow or Saturday.

Eyes - I need to catch up on the discussion with Angela as well, so I will be rereading a lot of their previous interactions to get back into the flow, since it's been several months now, and I can't think of anything to post either other than 'she sits in silence' and that won't really get us anywhere, now will it? wink.gif

I have a personal goal to finish some LITS Admin and Dragon stuff this weekend, so my post for Eyes might take me a few days to get up, just fyi. I apologize for the delay.
grendel
Re: Karma

Understood, look for catch up next Tuesday. I thought I already did that math at one point, though. It'll be one per week plus GM points as applicable.

Back in the mix and up to speed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012