Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
grendel
Karma awards for my players:

Morgannah: 2 pts (May 30th - Jun 12th)
BClements: 4 pts (May 30th - Jun 12th) [GM Bonus]
WinterRat1: 4 pts (May 30th - Jun 12th) [GM Bonus]
BanditF50: 2 pts (May 30th - Jun 12th)
Shadowrunner13: 2 pts (May 30th - Jun 12th)
DireRadiant: 2 pts (May 30th - Jun 12th)
Mister Juan: 2 pts (May 30th - Jun 12th)
Shadow: 2 pts (May 30th - Jun 12th)
WinterRat1
Grendel - Dunno if you missed it, but Cedric and I are waiting on you I believe.
Mister Juan
Grendel -
Here is everything I could find concerning the bugs Ludmilla had planned on building. I remember Zeyda saying it would take 3 to 4 days to get everything... which was about 3 days ago game time. So he should either have them, or be expecting them in one day.
Anyhow, if you have any questions, just say so.

And if everything is alright with you, just say the word and I'll push IC forward.

[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Grendel - Dragon would probably know from how Sybersnake is talking, is she simply pausing to gather her thoughts, or opening the floor for him/them to speak?
grendel
She's looking to hear if Dragon has any suggestions on how to proceed.
Scrapheap
WR1-
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
I hate to say this, but my records show the last time I awarded any of my players karma was 5/29/06, is that correct? (Please tell me it's not. Someone. Anyone.)
Vegas
Hehe I haven't gotten any since I've started nyahnyah.gif Don't know when the last time you awarded was before that nyahnyah.gif
WinterRat1
Oh my goodness are you serious?!??!?!?!?! Oh geez...well every GM has a weak spot, and as you can see, this is the thing I'm absolutely horrendous at.
WinterRat1
Grendel - Dragon's going to wait on Sybersnake and see how much she wants to reveal, especially about the personal stuff with Roberto before proceeding.

I think he managed to get that message across in my IC post, but if not, she knows his headphone number and can talk to him on an encrypted channel via their headware and transducers.
Vegas
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
Oh my goodness are you serious?!??!?!?!?! Oh geez...well every GM has a weak spot, and as you can see, this is the thing I'm absolutely horrendous at.

Heh. He IS human!

It's all good. I seriously just assumed I hadn't done anything to warrant the earning of karma yet nyahnyah.gif
WinterRat1
Scrap - It should have been Reaction (7) + Unarmed (Cyber) (4) - Visibility(2) = 9 dice, you rolled 8. For time's sake, I rolled the extra dice for you and got a 03, no hit.

Attacker Hits (6) vs. Defender Hits (5) = 1 net hit for attacker, success for attacker.

Opponent's base Damage = 6P
1 Net Hit = +1P
Defender Soak Hits = -5P

Total Damage = 2P (6+1-5)
WinterRat1
Scrap - You're up for IP 3.

Grendel and Vegas - Waiting on you two now.

EDIT: Sedna - You're free to write your post of the effect of the drain on Alleycat now.
Sedna
Totally not to do with game, unless Someone brings in bug spirits:

For some reason this house has been attracting centipedes of late. The one I just threw out was too big to fit fully in the catching glass. (More effective than newspaper: those things are fast!)

May I scream now?
WinterRat1
Somehow the idea of you screaming at a centipede just makes me laugh Sedna. It's so antithetical to how I picture you.

Very cute though. smile.gif
WinterRat1
GenCon Update

Believe it or not people, GenCon is in two months. Can I get a volunteer to organize us for the weekend, especially since Grendel will be tied up GMing most of the convention?
Sedna
Well, I dragged a biting Rottweiller off my dog last week. Does that work better?

Sorry, no GenCon in my mid-term future yet.
WinterRat1
Yes, yes it does. nyahnyah.gif
WinterRat1
Upon reading latest post: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah, here is a lesson for all you LITSers. Enemies WILL come back to haunt you. Oh the joys of pissing people off and having to deal with them later.
grendel
vegm.gif
Scrapheap
WR1-
[ Spoiler ]
grendel
QUOTE (Sedna)
unless Someone brings in bug spirits:

Already done.

devil.gif
Cthulhu449
Thank god for GenCon; I plan to win the tourney this year so everybody stand out of a man's way - 2004 + 2007 = DYNASTY. Minimum eight-peat after that. As long as there is always a nun with a gun in the game my team is gold. (Insert nun emote I'm sure the dumpshock people are working on as we speak)
Mister Juan
Grendel-
Just wondering if you caught my earlier OOC post for you.
grendel
Yes, I did and after checking things over none of the gear should pose any problems. You're clear to push to the meeting with the foreman.
WinterRat1
Grendel and Cedric - Bouncing back to you two.

Scrap & Sedna - You're both up now. Remain in 'combat time' but ignore Initiative for now since there's no one opposing either of you at the moment.
Sedna
What easily scroungeable armour is the ex-swordsman wearing? I'm looking first and foremost for a coat or jacket. Also retrieving the katana and anything else I can find in a quick cursory search (ie. pockets, carry-pouch, grapple gun, portable medkit!) -- should take only a few seconds.

Other bodies in the area? If at all possible I need to armour three people: Alleycat, Nora, and Lady Dove. Weapons only for Alleycat though, and anything she can quickly scrounge out of pockets. That will take a bit longer, but maybe not too much longer if just limiting it to a stripped coat or jacket.

(Writing up a post to reflect this -- will edit out specifics such as the coat if necessary. ... Actually [edit] checking against other Warehouse posting for consistency is taking longer than I expected -- the answers may come before I finish the post! which would be a Good Thing.)

I'm also working very closely with Lady Dove's reactions (damage control?); but I won't write up anything on that until I hear from you, WinterRat.
Sedna
I just had an evil thought. WinterRat -- how much of that helicopter is visible through the ex-skylight? Is it still unloading?
[ Spoiler ]
Sedna
I am on a dial-up connection that ties up my telephone line (not to mention that my computer is no longer heat-tolerant), so I'll have to check back later for answers, either to e-mail or in thread.
WinterRat1
What easily scroungeable armour is the ex-swordsman wearing? I'm looking first and foremost for a coat or jacket. Also retrieving the katana and anything else I can find in a quick cursory search (ie. pockets, carry-pouch, grapple gun, portable medkit!) -- should take only a few seconds.

The search of the swordsman yields the following items:

1. Armor Jacket
2. Katana
3. Packet of 10 Shuriken
4. 2 Flash-Bang grenades
5. 1 Trauma Patch

Other bodies in the area? If at all possible I need to armour three people: Alleycat, Nora, and Lady Dove. Weapons only for Alleycat though, and anything she can quickly scrounge out of pockets. That will take a bit longer, but maybe not too much longer if just limiting it to a stripped coat or jacket.

No other bodies in the immediate area. The second floor was fairly empty of people. The only invader who made it to this point thus far was the swordsman.

EDIT: Consequently, you will need to edit at least this part of your post, as there was nothing to be scavenged for Lady Dove or Nora.

I'm also working very closely with Lady Dove's reactions (damage control?); but I won't write up anything on that until I hear from you, WinterRat.

She's maintaining her composure fairly well thus far, apparently she's been through a lot recently, at least from what you could pick up from your time around her in the warehouse.

Still, as I mentioned in an email, she is not a trained combatant. She will attempt to protect/aid those in her immediate vicinity who are in trouble, or do something fairly obvious if the opportunity presents itself, but otherwise will not act except to attempt to survive unless otherwise instructed.

You don't know anything about her spell selection or magical capabilities except that she is a multi-grade Initiate.

Sedna -
[ Spoiler ]
Sedna
Edit: I think more e-mail responses will have to wait until tomorrow, as my eyes are closing. Seems I don't bounce back from full-day physical labour like I used to.

Update diagram of warehouse desperately needed! Also, how solid are these catwalks? The squad on the catwalks, how much can Alleycat make out of them? I need as much detail as you think is reasonable.

Obviously she does take everything, even things not mentioned in the post.

Editing the post now, to reflect the information you have just given me. Alleycat now has armour! and an actual weapon!
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Update of the warehouse diagram to follow tomorrow.

Let me note this would be an ideal situation for a wiki, where I could simply put it up for everyone to see. smile.gif

Catwalks are solid and stable, material some kind of metal typically found in warehouses and construction. Organized in a classic diamond grid fashion. Destroying the catwalks without explosives of some type (or at least grenades or similarly heavy weapons) would be difficult.

What details are you looking for on the squad? She can see their distribution, which will be addressed on the map, weapons appear to be automatics or longarms of some type. Anything beyond that you're looking for?

Your rolls will be taken into account. I'm giving Scrapheap a day or two to reply to these new and unexpected developments, then I'll forge ahead with Lady Dove's reply/actions to at least keep things moving. Fair enough?
Sedna
Gah -- it's been an interrupted kind of day -- and night. Still trying to get two hours of uninterrupted sleep.

WinterRat -- in the interests of accurately representing Alleycat's ability to plan and optimise tactics, would you allow everyone involved with the Warehouse scenario to brainstorm in this thread? so long as our characters act only according to communication limits?

We could even do it in isolated steps, so that for each step we brainstorm only the goal for that step. This might balance out the individual PC isolation by isolating PCs from the whole plan until it starts unfolding.
WinterRat1
I don't care how much you 'table talk' as long as everyone only acts according to IC knowledge and within the limits of your characters' ability to communicate with one another.

Yeah it's a little unrealistic, but given the already slow pace of forum gaming I'm willing to trade a little bit of realism for speed and more important, fun. Besides, you could always PM each other and I wouldn't know; it's more helpful all around for you to discuss in the OOC thread as central location, then I can chime in to answer your questions as they arise.

Table talking is a fun part of the game, and I see no reason to restrict it. Witness our earlier discussion of cybered easter bunnies several years ago. smile.gif

grendel
Karma awards for my players:

Morgannah: 1 pt (Jun 13th - Jun 19th)
BClements: 2 pts (Jun 13th - Jun 19th) [GM Bonus]
WinterRat1: 2 pts (Jun 13th - Jun 19th) [GM Bonus]
BanditF50: 1 pt (Jun 13th - Jun 19th)
Shadowrunner13: 1 pt (Jun 13th - Jun 19th)
DireRadiant: 1 pt (Jun 13th - Jun 19th)
Mister Juan: 1 pt (Jun 13th - Jun 19th)
Shadow: 1 pt (Jun 13th - Jun 19th)
Sedna
Well, guys -- and that's Scrapheap, Slipshade, and everyone who is running an NPC character in the Warehouse fight: escape comes in many flavours.

How do you feel about taking a helicopter?

(WinterRat: I'm looking for points of physical [armour?] vulnerability and where their attention focus is. Heck, I'm looking to see if I can potentially palm a grenade down their pants.)
WinterRat1
Quick Check: Neither astral perception nor astral projection allows you to see through non-magical walls (a la X-ray vision), correct?

In other words, you can't see through a cement wall just because you go astral, you would have to actually project and move your astral self to the other side of the wall to see what's there, right?
grendel
Correct. Things which are opaque on the physical plane are opaque on the astral plane as well.
WinterRat1
Updated Warehouse Map and Notes sent, let me know if you didn't get it. Note that the map is everything you can see. And yes I rolled perception for you all.

Sedna - For time's sake, no one is running an NPC anymore. I am running them all right now.
Sedna
Sorry. Noted. Working between here and e-mail currently.
WinterRat1
Scrap, Sedna, Slip - I'll give you guys until 01:00:12 before returning to 'Combat Posting', so enough time for Alleycat and Scrapheap to have one more post each for discussion before having to just start making decisions and adjusting on the fly.

BTW, for the sake of speeding up combat and making it faster and more efficient so we don't spend two weeks on one combat turn, I'm thinking about trying out this combat system in LITS. Scan it and let me know what you think:

Down in the Gutter Combat Procedure
Sedna
Sorry, WinterRat, have the warehouse e-mail but not yet the printout (don't ask, will have it on Friday) -- do I understand what I see as us being on the office side? ie. total concealment is the lower half of those office walls? and very little else in the way of cover? Or am I completely misunderstanding?
WinterRat1
I won't ask. smile.gif

You're basically on the office side.

Yes, there is total concealment on the lower half of those walls, and very little else in the way of cover.

The walls are made of plastiwood though, so I wouldn't rely on them to stop bullets very effectively (i.e. low barrier rating). They're better than nothing though, and do provide the advantage of concealment as well.
Sedna
Things which are opaque on the physical plane are opaque on the astral plane as well.
- grendel
And don't I know it.

Concealment is all I am looking for, at this point -- that the squad on the catwalks overlooks and bypasses us, at least for that first combat turn. It's also the only cover this side of the smoke, which should help confuse readings. I'm trying to think of a way to create sound to suggest that we went down the stairs -- not doing it yet, Scrapheap! though we're running out of time, it's a commitment kind of thing. But at worst, decoying them down the stairs would give us superior ground and maybe even future surprise.

WinterRat:
[ Spoiler ]

WinterRat1
Sedna -
[ Spoiler ]
Sedna
Actually, Alleycat is assuming that they have seen us. That's why I'm thinking about how to re-create that perception prior to concealment.
bclements
Finally able to surface for air.

Konsaki, Cthulhu: will have posts up for you by this evening, if not sooner.

Grendel, regarding Tony: is there any way to tell how long no one has been around in the building? Dust on the floors, etc? Also, Tony's going to try to access the terminal. You need a roll for anything?
grendel
In Tony's best estimation, the place hasn't been abandoned for long, a day or two at the most.

Roll me some Hack + Exploit to crack your way into the system.
bclements
This is going to be interesting....especially since a terminal isn't going to respond well to bullets.

Is Xayide up to it (or even open to being asked/payed more), or is she strictly the break-and-enter type?
grendel
She's willing to try.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012