Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
Vegas
@grendel

I ghosted the timestamp since we got off somewhere.

Using Edge for the shot, 6d6t5: 3 [6d6t5=4, 2, 6, 2, 5, 5] + 1d6t5: 0 [1d6t5=3]
grendel
We're in combat time, so your 03:01:32 timestamp should be 03:00:49.
Vegas
Fixed.
grendel
You're free to rebuild Mac using SR5. She gets an obvious replacement cyberarm for her right arm for free, and can't take resources higher than priority D. The usual restrictions on gear apply, anything she doesn't have on her in Puyallup will be waiting in the storage locker that Kovacs left for her.
grendel
You're free to rebuild Mac using SR5. She gets an obvious replacement cyberarm for her right arm for free, and can't take resources higher than priority D. The usual restrictions on gear apply, anything she doesn't have on her in Puyallup will be waiting in the storage locker that Kovacs left for her.
Vegas
Well, Damn. Always figured that was coming but... Ugh!

I'll work on converting her over.

Edit: What about previous karma?
grendel
Use it to advance post character creation.

There was a period in time where I thought I wouldn't have to kill him. But then I realized that would not be true to the narrative at all.
Vegas
I had so many ways I thought it *could* go in my head, some definitely more viable than others. biggrin.gif Dead was often at the top of the list, but I somehow thought it would take a LOT longer to get there. frown.gif

Now, to get to re-building. Are you doing any additional karma grants since the last one, or should I just run with what I have?

Edit: And are all 5E books on the table to draw from, or just the core?
grendel
Man, I thought I was more current than that but it looks like the last time I awarded karma was June of 2013? How can that be? Regardless, 52 pts of karma for Mac.

You do realize that I've been waiting to end the world for about ten years now, right? I drafted Cosmo's storyline when she first started playing back in the SR3(!) version of LITS. It became the convenient way to get us into 4th edition, and since that event carried through in the chronology of 5th, I was still able to use it.
Vegas
I didn't realize it had been *THAT* long, no. Should prove for some *very* interesting things to come.

I'll add the 52 to the karma pile and run with it. Should give some nice flexibility to things I think.
Vegas
Actually I'm looking back on my sheet and I have Karma from July 2013 to Jan 29th, 2015 awarded, so... Probably need to adjust that a wee bit wink.gif
grendel
Well in that case, make that 16 points of karma for Mac. Glad you're keeping notes. smile.gif
Vegas
@grendel

A couple of questions and then I *think* I have Mac rebuilt for 5E

Is it safe/acceptable to assume she had the following on her as far as gear goes post combat hell:
P93
Browning
Commlink + Accessories (ears + eyes)

I planned on repurchasing armor (obviously) and a less conspicuous cyberarm for future replacement and I still have to spend some Karma, but base character is built.

Also, if I wanted to take Drift, Tristan and/or Isomer as contacts, seeing how a good 50%+ of my originals are dead and/or more likely enemies now, what would I be looking at for Loyalties and Connections.

Thanks!
grendel
The P93 didn't survive but the Browning did, as did Mac's commlink. Drift isn't in the picture contact wise (currently) but Tristan is a max connection of 5, max loyalty of 5, Isomer is a max connection of 8, max loyalty of 3.
Vegas
Fair enough.

Is 50k the absolute limit for cash or can i still convert earned karma to cash?
grendel
No, you can convert karma to cash above the 50k limit.
Vegas
Gear question:

If I technically wanted to use the Fake ID Isomer had made for Mac at Kovacs' request, what additional licenses would I have to purchase to match?

Should have a finalized 5E sheet ready along with Karma expenditures for your approval tonight/tomorrow.
grendel
Licenses for whatever you wanted to (legally) carry on you. Pistols, at the very least.
Vegas
Ok, so I still have a good portion of Karma to spend, but I didn't want to go crazy given the small window of in-game time that's passed plus the changeover to 5E.

Mac in 5E
grendel
Looks good.
grendel
Right now Mac has 6 physical and 8 stun. Roll me Body + Willpower, please.
Vegas
Well crap, I think I blew all my dice karma last night...

Results 8d6t5: 1 [8d6t5=4, 4, 4, 2, 5, 2, 1, 4]
grendel
Make that same roll for every hour that you're going to have Mac rest.
Vegas
Fair enough, I'm guessing 6'ish hours.

5 [8d6t5=5, 5, 6, 4, 5, 1, 4, 6]
3 [8d6t5=5, 1, 3, 2, 6, 5, 2, 3]
2 [8d6t5=5, 1, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3]
4 [8d6t5=6, 5, 2, 3, 6, 6, 2, 3]
4 [8d6t5=6, 3, 6, 2, 6, 4, 5, 1]
3 [8d6t5=2, 6, 2, 1, 3, 5, 2, 6]

Guess Dice Karma is back biggrin.gif
grendel
She'll be fully healed of her stun after two hours.
Vegas
Not enjoying the missing portions of my posts when I copy and paste. Last one has been edited, sorry for the weird mid-moment fragment before. nyahnyah.gif
grendel
Roll me some perception for Mac please.
Vegas
Perception + Vision Enhancement
10d6t5: 4 [10d6t5=4, 4, 6, 5, 4, 1, 3, 6, 6, 2]
grendel
Post updated.
grendel
Please check your timestamps, we're on Sunday morning now. Also, did you mean to skip ahead seven hours in your last post?
Vegas
Oh hell, not sure what happened to my time stamp. It's corrected now. Sorry.
grendel
Heh, just tried to go back to find the intro post I put up to start Mac's storyline and I think some mod deleted it. devil.gif
Vegas
Seriously?!?

Edit: nope, still there: Here
grendel
Huh, wonder why I couldn't find it before.
Vegas
Are we on temporary hiatus?
grendel
Sorry, fell off the grid due to connection issues. Network is back up and stable. I'll have a post for you soonest.
Vegas
No worries, just checking in and making sure you were still alive while I went through withdrawals wink.gif
grendel
You can actually go ahead and post about Mac's plan. Unless you're still formulating it. smile.gif
Vegas
Gah, bad copy/paste...its been edited. 😄
Vegas
Sorry, been trying for two days to post that and couldn't get connected to DSF till now.
grendel
No worries, you weren't the only one who couldn't get to the forums. smile.gif
Vegas
Damn and here I thought I was special. wink.gif
grendel
You're special in other ways. wink.gif Also, depending on what Mac has planned, roll me some seduction or negotiations or intimidation.
Vegas
Negotiation/Seduction (however you want to play it) 8d6t5: 4 [8d6t5=6, 5, 3, 6, 2, 3, 5, 2] Drop the last die for a "seduction" roll since no specialization biggrin.gif

Let me know if you want a post, or if you want to keep rolling with it.
grendel
Roll me some perception for Mac, please.

Then roll me some initiative. smile.gif
Vegas
Let the fun begin... wink.gif

Perception+Vision Enhancement: 11d6t5: 6 [6, 6, 4, 1, 2, 6, 2, 5, 5, 1, 5]

Initiative: 1d6+9: 12 [3]
Vegas
Clarification? Guys last out the door are aiming/shooting at Mac and Mario and the Corp Survailence guys are returning fire or adding to the melee around Mac and Mario? biggrin.gif

Either way, Never a dull moment with you is there? wink.gif
grendel
Mac's first guess is that the guys by the door think she and Mario are in league with the corporate surveillance assets.
Vegas
Then Mac will attempt to return fire towards the pair immediately shooting at her and Mario.

3 [6d6t5=5, 4, 3, 6, 3, 6]
grendel
2nd pass, you're up on 2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012