Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
WinterRat1
@WR1 You have the same cell number as last year?

Yes, do you?

Does GenCon allow for picture taking and stuff, or does one need to get a press permit for that kind of thing (for events, here in Quebec, you almost never need one, but I have no clue about the States), since I would sure love do mix pleasure and work....

No need for a press pass, we took lots of pictures last year and we'll be doing so again this year.

Incidentally, I sent you, Sedna, and Vegas an email regarding the LITS website that has been in progress for a while now. Perhaps we can put up our pictures from last year and this year on the upgraded site?

And yes, this is a friendly nudge for our resident web gurus to continue discussions and progress on this topic. wink.gif

Hey, I do have indoor plumbing, I'll have you know! It's even reliable. However, the water is pumped up from the well using an electric pump ...

And when the unreliable electricity fails...
WinterRat1
GenCon Planning Update

Vegas, Bandit, Ronin and I are in the process of finalizing travel and lodging plans for GenCon. If you are interested in getting in, please let us know ASAP!

Bclements, Morgannah, Mister Juan, this is specifically directed at you all, since you expressed interest earlier.

We are currently anticipating arriving at the Con on Friday, Aug. 17 and leaving Sunday, Aug. 20. We switched to a Friday arrival because Vegas doesn't want to shoulder the cost of Wed and Thurs alone, and so far only Ronin, Bandit, and myself have confirmed our presence and ability to split costs.

If for whatever reason your circumstances are uncertain (e.g. Mister Juan's passport) that's fine, but continually update us as soon as possible. We're not going to kick you out on the street if you show up with no place to go (although it might give some of you a new perspective on the DITG game), but we're reaching a point where we can't keep putting off a plan for those who can confirm for the sake of those who can't.

Once our plan is set, we'll be willing to help you out as best we can, but you'll have to plan around us to whatever extent you choose to do so in accordance with your particular circumstances.

DireRadiant, Grendel, Cthulhu - I am not familiar with the Shadowrun scheduling, what is your availability for the weekend looking like? We'll try to plan maximum possible LITS interaction based on your availability.

So far the only concrete thing I have is the LITS late night Shadowrun game on Saturday night after the tournament concludes. Ideally, we'll be able to squeeze in lunch together on Sunday before we all depart as well.

Outside of those two things, schedule's open. But maybe we can all grab a meal together or other activities as your time permits?

Details on D&D V3 + Vegas's itinerary to follow once we have them set.
bclements
I'm actually planning on getting there on Thursday afternoon; drive time from my town is about 8-9 or so hours, leaving out on Sunday probably in the afternoon or so. I've got tickets to a few things, but I'm mainly interested in just the SR GM Seminar and a couple of the one-off events. Yes, the espresso machine is still in the packing list.

I can split costs no problem on Friday and Saturday nights, as long as CAS dollars spend good in Yankee country wink.gif It looks to be fairly easy to find a room on Thursday, but PM me the hotel y'all are staying at so that I don't end up moving 'cross town or anything.

Also, as above, I'll have a car, so if you need a ride to and from the airport, grocery/liquor store, want me to pack up the case of Dew so that TSA doesn't put you on the body-cavity search list, etc. I'll be happy to provide. Tips in beer are appreciated (not a big 'Dew fan) grinbig.gif
Sedna
Send pictures. Send last year's pictures! I'll give them an open-access home until we work out something better.
And when the unreliable electricity fails...

Woodstove and flashlights. (Too many loose papers around for candles.) And I promise there'll be a woodstove in the new home as well -- if only for backup.

Congratulations on hitting January 15!
bclements
It's a good day. Way too early to call how it ends though grinbig.gif
WinterRat1
I can split costs no problem on Friday and Saturday nights, as long as CAS dollars spend good in Yankee country wink.gif It looks to be fairly easy to find a room on Thursday, but PM me the hotel y'all are staying at so that I don't end up moving 'cross town or anything.

We're staying at the Hyatt Regency that's connected to the Indianapolis Convention Center. As stated earlier, we're currently planning on arriving Friday night so you can plan ahead. Gotta haul that espresso machine around, after all. smile.gif

Morgannah and Mister Juan - We're up to 5 in our room with BC, which with 2 beds plus a rollaway should be fine. If we're going to push it to 6 though, we may want to start seriously discussing just going with 2 rooms of 3, and if we get to 7, we should almost certainly split up 3/4, so please let us know your plans ASAP.

Send pictures. Send last year's pictures! I'll give them an open-access home until we work out something better.

I think Ronin has them? You should email him and ask, I'll try to remind him as well.

It's a good day. Way too early to call how it ends though

Knowing Grendel, WAY too early. biggrin.gif
Cthulhu449
I've crammed as much tourney and Missions stuff into four days that I can, but am ok with any sort of plans; sounds like fun. I'll send out my cell here in a bit.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
@WR1 You have the same cell number as last year?

Yes, do you?

Yes.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
DireRadiant, Grendel, Cthulhu - I am not familiar with the Shadowrun scheduling, what is your availability for the weekend looking like? We'll try to plan maximum possible LITS interaction based on your availability.

Unbalanced, but that seems appropriate. For myself I'm scheduled to run something once each day. If you consider running midnight friday part of friday instead of saturday. smile.gif So saturday might be busy for me as I've offered to help Aaron with the scramble and the tournament as well. Come saturday midnight, I'll be no doubt completely unhinged and making merry with awful puns.

There's always time for meals and a few beers here and there, and I'll have had time to scout the exhibit hall.
WinterRat1
From what I'm hearing so far, is it reasonable to definitely schedule the following 2 events on all our calendars (we may schedule more later, but let's at least get these two up on everyone's radar now):

1. Saturday Night late night LITS Shadowrun game, GMed by Grendel

2. Sunday Brunch/Lunch

It seems everyone will be free from their responsibilities Saturday night to enable them to play in the game, and Sunday for Brunch/Lunch seems a similarly doable time slot as well. Thoughts?
DireRadiant
Only if it's a late lunch or I arrange a TPK for my sunday morning SR Missions game. But I'm sure I'll see plenty of everyone anyway.
bclements
QUOTE (DireRadiant)
Only if it's a late lunch or I arrange a TPK for my sunday morning SR Missions game. But I'm sure I'll see plenty of everyone anyway.

You find a Grue...
Konsaki
@BClements

Does Leon notice anything perticular about these groups of elves that would bring anything to mind? Gang identifiers, patches, jackets.
Does he know the group?
bclements
Konsaki:

It's a group of 3 elves, but 2 are far enough back that they're pretty obscured by the crowd. Judging both from Freya's reaction and from what Leon can see, he's pretty sure the lead one is Jacob (I.E. he's got some funky looking facepaint and a different hairstyle than last time Leon saw him).
bclements
grendel:

Want me to make a Negioation roll for Xayide's help?
grendel
Not required. smile.gif
WinterRat1
To All

Quick Note while I can actually get on: My internet connection is terrible right now, so I cannot reply in depth to anything.

Due to the July 4th holiday, I will try to respond as best I can, but may not get around to updating/responding until Thursday or more likely Friday.
Mister Juan
Internet connection crapped out.... trying to get a new one tomorrow.
I'm not sure how long it will take me to fix this whole situation, so until I say "Hey! I'm back" consider me out of working order frown.gif
Mister Juan
double post
Sedna
Oh wow, it's contagious.
DireRadiant
@Grendel - Do the neighboring apartment complexes of similar type to raincrest offer online virtual tours or in person tours of apartments or both?
grendel
Online virtual tours are offered 24/7, personal tours can be scheduled via the apartment complexes' rental host but require 24 hours notice.
WinterRat1
Quick Update, in case people have time to post over the 4th of July holiday:

Vegas - You're top priority for LITS when I get back.

Scrap - I believe we're waiting on your IC post to continue that story.

Grendel - I believe Cedric and I are waiting on you to continue that story.
Sedna
Scrapheap and Slipshade both.

WinterRat -- any rolls you want from me, in case I manage to slip a post in before or during the 4th / holiday weekend \\ connection repair?
WinterRat1
Sedna -
[ Spoiler ]
Sedna
WinterRat, so you're not waiting on me:
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Sedna - My apologies, I thought it had come out in the open already. Because there was a reasonable chance Slip/Scrap hadn't seen the post yet, I edited it spoiler it.
WinterRat1
Double Post
Sedna
No worries -- but thanks smile.gif
WinterRat1
Vegas, Grendel, Cedric - Replies are up for both story lines.
Sedna
Well, that's four words, not three -- and not those I had intended originally!
banditf50
To Sedna, Erebus, Grednel, and Winterrat:

I have read all of the posts relevant to our story since leaving ASVW, so I am all caught up on the intriguing (and scary) plot lines unfolding. As soon as I get an entry to post, I will do so. I am back in this with you all.

Sedna:

That post you left covering Virgil made the hair on the back of my neck rise, hell of a post. Am I okay to respond to that post? Is there a second post coming from you? Just let me know if I should be waiting or not. Thanks for helping me to come back Sedna smile.gif
Cedric Rolfsson
i'm a little uncertain, are we talking about having to immediately make a strike on the airport or do we have time to set this up a little?

I'm thinking if Sybersnake could hack the Seattle Air Traffic flight log file we'd be able to get a pretty accurate picture of when the private flight would be leaving. With as heavily populated as the sky over the sprawl must be there'd have to be pretty strict air traffic control. Even without hacking that, if we could hack the airport's network and determine when flights are being planned from the airport we'd have a better timeframe to work off of.

To my way of thinking the best option would be to get into the hanger before the kidnappers and set up an ambush. That would give us the advantage of surprise when the group would be assuming they are entering a safe haven. Hopefully we could take out any magical support before they got going and a couple of neuro-stun grenades would go a long way to equalizing numbers.

We could get on the plane or catch them on the way to the plane but I'm guessing the Azzies would have a bunch of security on one of their private planes, I don't know.

Anyway, just some OOC planning steps.
Sedna
QUOTE (banditf50)
That post you left covering Virgil made the hair on the back of my neck rise, hell of a post.

Exxxcellent. Hope it did the same for a couple of other people as well ...
Am I okay to respond to that post?  Is there a second post coming from you?  Just let me know if I should be waiting or not.

Just one more from me, though it might not be soon. Might be an idea for certain others not to take a backup position for granted, or to dawdle too much either in planning or execution.
Thanks for helping me to come back Sedna smile.gif

Glad to have you back smile.gif
Slipshade
Sorry,

Work and new home are keeping my really busy and I have in-laws in town for the weekend. I will post when I can.

Slip
Sedna
Oh yay, in-laws wobble.gif I'll clear this up tonight, so that when you're back, you'll be immediately clear to post.

WinterRat -- I'm on line for as long as it takes to finish CT 3 (since I think I'm the sole hold-out now).
WinterRat1
Sedna - You're up then. Go ahead and make your IC post for CT 3, IP 4, since I already have your rolls.
Sedna
I'd already posted past the free action -- you want further?
WinterRat1
Yes, go ahead an post your Simple/Complex actions as well. Finish your action for CT 3 IP 4 so we can move to CT 4.
Sedna
And that was the post that crashed the computer again. Fortunately, I'd managed to copy it to Wordpad, that time.

Note: dropped, not thrown, not aimed -- sole proviso that it was dropped over the edge of the catwalk. One hopes for a forward skitter.
WinterRat1
Scrapheap, Sedna - Roll Initiative for CT 4.

I will post the result of Alleycat's words when I resolve those characters' actions for CT 4, IP 1, since they wouldn't have the actions to be able to respond to them in CT 3 anyway.

Slip - You don't need to roll Initiative unless you are planning on doing something other than continuing to scramble for the NE door. Otherwise, just write your IC post for CT 4 and post it as soon as you can.
Sedna
I will post the result of Alleycat's words when I resolve those characters' actions for CT 4, IP 1, since they wouldn't have the actions to be able to respond to them in CT 3 anyway.

I realised that about half a second before asking you for the results, pre dropping. (wince)
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Updates:

Sedna, Scrap, Slip - Waiting on Scrap's CT 4 Initiative Roll and Slip's IC post or Initiative Roll.

Vegas - Waiting on your reply.

Grendel, Cedric - Waiting on Grendel's reply.

If I missed anything, let me know.
WinterRat1
Cedric - Missed your question, I will get to that next. Thanks to Sedna for pointing that out!
bclements
Long Overdue Karma

Cthulhu449 (3/18 to 7/8 ): 16 base points plus 4 quality = 20 points

Konsaki: (3/18 to 7/8 ): 16 base points plus 8 quality = 24 points

Cedric Rolfsson: (3/18 to 7/8 ):16 base points plus 4 quality = 20 points

Grendel: (3/18 to 7/8 ): 16 base points plus 16 GM points plus 8 quality: 40 points

I think I'm caught up now. Let me know if you need anything.
WinterRat1
i'm a little uncertain, are we talking about having to immediately make a strike on the airport or do we have time to set this up a little?

I'd suggest we confirm this IC, but it sounds like we have to do it relatively soon. It appears we have more than a couple but less than 24 hours to set this up and pull this off.

We probably need to see if Sybersnake has any idea how long before Roberto will be at the hangar.

From what it sounds like, we need to be setting this up now and ready to move at a moment's notice, definitely a short time table, if not 'at this very moment' kind of thing.

I'm thinking if Sybersnake could hack the Seattle Air Traffic flight log file we'd be able to get a pretty accurate picture of when the private flight would be leaving. With as heavily populated as the sky over the sprawl must be there'd have to be pretty strict air traffic control. Even without hacking that, if we could hack the airport's network and determine when flights are being planned from the airport we'd have a better timeframe to work off of.

Good plan. That's a reasonable way for us to at least narrow down about how long we have to plan and pull this off.

Here's a thought. If Sybersnake can hack the flight log file, perhaps we can arrange to have our escape via air, with a flight plan on file in their system. If we can blend into the numerous flights in and out of the airport, it might make it difficult for them to know which one we are, and we can touch down elsewhere and evacuate via ground transport.

To my way of thinking the best option would be to get into the hanger before the kidnappers and set up an ambush. That would give us the advantage of surprise when the group would be assuming they are entering a safe haven. Hopefully we could take out any magical support before they got going and a couple of neuro-stun grenades would go a long way to equalizing numbers.

Agreed. Frontal assault is not a good plan since we'll be outnumbered and quite possibly outgunned. Plus, the element of surprise and already being there when they arrive would be a huge help to us.

Do you think it's feasible to get into the hangar prior to the convoy with Roberto arriving, evade security, and then take on the Azzie security from the hangar and the convoy at the same time?

If we take out the hangar security prior to the convey arriving, we run the risk of them getting the word out to the convoy before we can stop them.

I thought about using gas to clandestinely neutralize the hangar security, but in such an open-air environment as a private hangar, I don't know how feasible that is.

Speaking of equalizing numbers, all indications so far are that we can't count on Virgil or Daedalus, which means it's just us two and Sybersnake against whatever the Azzies and Lone Star. You think it might be necessary to hire some additional vehicular/magical backup for this? I don't have any neuro-stun grenades (don't know about you) and if we don't, I don't know if we can get them in time.

We could get on the plane or catch them on the way to the plane but I'm guessing the Azzies would have a bunch of security on one of their private planes, I don't know.

From what grendel just posted, Sybersnake might be able to get us into the airfield, but we'll still have to penetrate the Azzie hanger security. Assuming worst case scenario of them having magical security in addition to physical and technological security, we might need magical backup just to get into the hanger.

What about this, do you think there's any reasonable way to find out when the convoy is arriving, where they're coming from, and hit them en route to the airport?

These are just a bunch of thoughts in addition to replying to your plans so far, let me know what you think.
grendel
Flight plans are filed through a flight service station, who's network is significantly less secure than the Air Traffic Control system resident in an airport control tower or an air traffic regional control center. Flight plans are only required to be filed an hour prior to the scheduled departure of the flight, so there may be nothing in the system regarding an Aztechnology departure yet.

Maximum time to set-up a strike on the airfield is sixteen hours.

Sedna
Hopefully a last informational question about the Warehouse 2nd floor squad, by way of working out a Plan D:

Presumably they have grenades that are reasonably accessible to hand? What are you able to tell me of them? I'm looking specifically at a near future (not here-and-now) possibility of palming opportunities, even ones that don't necessarily involve actually removing the grenade.

To Scrapheap and Slipshade: don't mind me. I'll be thinking up possibilities right up until they're no longer possible.
WinterRat1
Flight plans are filed through a flight service station, who's network is significantly less secure than the Air Traffic Control system resident in an airport control tower or an air traffic regional control center. Flight plans are only required to be filed an hour prior to the scheduled departure of the flight, so there may be nothing in the system regarding an Aztechnology departure yet.

What is the difference between a flight service station and Air Traffic Control System?

Which of the two would this private airfield have? Or would they have something else?

Sorry, I know nothing about airports/airfields in real life, so I'm not even sure what questions to ask.

Maximum time to set-up a strike on the airfield is sixteen hours.

Do you mean Roberto's extraction will be taking place in 16 hours, or is that the range of time during which Roberto may depart?

In other words, are you saying that we have 16 hours, and then Roberto will be at the airfield for extraction, or are you saying that at some point in the next 16 hours, Roberto will be at the airfield for extraction and we don't know when during that range of time it will occur?

Presumably they have grenades that are reasonably accessible to hand? What are you able to tell me of them? I'm looking specifically at a near future (not here-and-now) possibility of palming opportunities, even ones that don't necessarily involve actually removing the grenade.

Grenades are being carried at the back of their waist in grenade carrying pouches. Each hostile you've observed on the second floor has about 4 pouches strapped to them, one on each hip and two at their back, all evenly spaced. You can't tell if each pouch is necessarily carrying grenades. You also can't tell anything about what type of grenades they are carrying.

Grendel and Cedric - If it's ok with you two, I'm going to keep discussing some of this planning stuff OOC so I personally understand some of the surrounding issues (e.g. airport logistics) before posting IC, because Dragon would probably have a better idea of some of these issues than I do.
grendel
What is the difference between a flight service station and Air Traffic Control System?

Which of the two would this private airfield have? Or would they have something else?

A flight service station does nothing to direct the flow of aircraft in the skies. It serves as a central communications hub between pilots and air traffic control by disseminating weather bulletins, airport advisories, and notices to airmen, as well as by filing flight plans and briefing pilots on weather at the airfield and their destination.

Air Traffic Control deals with the physical movement of aircraft: taxiing on the airfield itself, takeoff, enroute, approach, and landing.

A flight service station will normally be responsible for a number of smaller airfields within its operating radius. In this case, the Snohomish County Flight Service Station covers this airfield as well as Snohomish Regional, FirstAir, and Paine County Airfield. So an air traffic control tower will be colocated with the airfield, but the flight service station probably is not.

or are you saying that at some point in the next 16 hours, Roberto will be at the airfield for extraction and we don't know when during that range of time it will occur?

This is the more accurate statement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012