Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
Mister Juan
Well, I just kinda ball parked it since you said that she had "listened to several songs". It doesn't really matter wink.gif
bclements
grendel-[Apr 23 to May 1] 3 points (1 + 1 quality + 1 GM)
WinterRat1
Any of my players waiting on me right now?

WinterRat1
General Announcement

Hey Everyone, I'm looking for a few volunteers who'd like to run some NPCs for me. There will be a karma bonus (1 time flat bonus at the completion of the scene, not a per week one) for your participation.

It will involve role-playing and dialogue, and there is a chance for rules practice (you can interpret that how you want) along the way. Post OOC or drop me a PM if you're interested and I'll give you some more details.

GMs are welcome to volunteer as well if they would like, however for obvious reasons, all my players are disqualified from this offer. wink.gif
bclements
PM me with whoever you want me to go with.
Mister Juan
Count me in as well.
WinterRat1
Everyone: I still have at least 1 or 2 more openings for NPCs I need played if anyone's interested. I'd love to have them played by players, as the nature of the scene virtually guarantees it'll be better if players play these particular NPCs than myself.

BC and Mister Juan - I'll give it another day or two to see if anyone else is interested, then send out the preliminary info to you guys. I have to convert the sheets from SR 3 to SR 4, unless you'd like to do it. Of course, since I have a never ending list of things to do for Dumpshock alone, I wouldn't mind if you guys want to convert them for me. biggrin.gif

As an added bonus/incentive, if you guys want to do the translations, I'm willing to let you make some changes (as long as you stay within the original concept of the character, of course) so you can experiment with some of the various powers/spells/skills/equipment/etc so you can test it out for SR 4, for later reference with your own characters and NPCs. If not though, that's ok, I'll whip through the conversions once we've got them assigned to you.

Let me know which option you prefer, doing the conversions yourselves or having me do them for you.
bclements
I don't mind converting them.
Slipshade
LOL! - Why do I think we are in trouble. smile.gif

Again sorry for slowing things down, I haven't had the time to look over the conjuring rules for 4th edition. I promise it will happen soon and I will post.
Mister Juan
I'm horrible at converting, but I can always try wink.gif
WinterRat1
Mister Juan - Don't worry if you're bad at converting. Since they're NPCs, I'm obviously going to be much more lax on their stats than if they were PCs. I just want them to be reasonably close approximations to their SR 3 selves.

Don't worry, no one will suffer unnecessarily (except perhaps Slipshade and Scrapheap) if you do a poor job converting. Whoops, Slipshade and Scrapheap, ignore what I just wrote there. biggrin.gif
Mister Juan
Alright. Send one, or more, my way then! And by experimenting, does that mean we get to convert any character to a full cyborg who wields an ally spirit in the form of a monofilament whip? grinbig.gif
bclements
Nah man, dikote that ally and slap 'em in an AVS rotfl.gif
WinterRat1
Let me guess. Either way, you both want to have sex with it. nyahnyah.gif
Mister Juan
Red my mind.
bclements
If you're going to go that far, there's really no point in not going just a bit farther.
Slipshade
Thanks guys....thanks a lot. wink.gif
WinterRat1
Well Slip and Scrap, there you have it.

If the NPCs are your enemies, you'll be facing a full cyborg with an ally spirit in the shape of a monofilament whip, or a magician with a dikoted ally spirit in the form of an AVS.

If the NPCs are your allies, they'll probably be too busy having sex with their respective ally spirits to do you much good.

Feeling reassured yet? grinbig.gif
WinterRat1
Bandit is taking another NPC, so I still have 1-2 openings left for those who might be interested!
Scrapheap
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
Feeling reassured yet? grinbig.gif

If that's meant to be reassuring, then I should just roll-up my new PC and send it out ASAP. It'll save time that way. dead.gif
Slipshade
QUOTE (Scrapheap)
QUOTE (WinterRat1 @ May 2 2006, 01:15 PM)
Feeling reassured yet?  grinbig.gif

If that's meant to be reassuring, then I should just roll-up my new PC and send it out ASAP. It'll save time that way. dead.gif

LOL! - Hmmm what to play next. biggrin.gif
WinterRat1
Come on guys! Where's your confidence? You guys are pros! Of course you can handle this. grinbig.gif
Slipshade
Pros? Maybe that guy. *Points at Scrap* But me? I'm a fraggin teacher!!!!!!

biggrin.gif
WinterRat1
That's ok. He's got enough experience for both of you. wink.gif
WinterRat1
No rush Slip, just letting you know I am waiting on you. Just to show you and Scrap that I am on the ball these days. smile.gif
Slipshade
Ok, I have a couple of questions and then I can post. I have the mechanics down for summoning...I think, but here are the other questions that I have.

Can I have more than one summoned (not bound) spirits active at one time?

Are nature spirits still limited to their domains, or has that rule been done away with?
WinterRat1
Grendel - In the interests of speed (someone needs to study the magic chapter a bit more thoroughly it seems) would you mind helping me out with these questions if you know the answer? Thanks!

Slip - If Grendel doesn't answer by later today, I'll go find the answers after work.
Slipshade
Thanks,

I looked it over really quick before I came to work today, but the book doesn't seem to lend itself well to quick rules reference. If I get time at lunch I will try to look at it again, if we don't get the answer before. I need to write these sorts of things on my character sheet when I find them out, that way I have access to them quickly.

I know the book says you can not summon more that one spirit at a time, but I wasn't sure if that was pertaining to the ability to cast more than one spell at a time, which as I recall is possible. Or if that was saying you can only have one unbound spirit in service at a time.
WinterRat1
Slip -

Can I have more than one summoned (not bound) spirits active at one time?

Pg. 179, SR 4: "A magician may only have one unbound spirit summoned at any given time, and no more bound spirits than her Charisma attribute. Spirits on remote service and on standby count toward this total."

Are nature spirits still limited to their domains, or has that rule been done away with?

I detect no rules limiting any kind of spirits to any kind of domain.

Since there are no 'nature spirits' per se anymore (as the term spirit is now a catchall term; there is no longer a distinction between spirits and elementals), it appears that domain has been removed from the game. The word 'domain' does not even appear in the index.

In general, it is my pereception that the rules and limits between mages/shamans have been done away with.

Both mages and shamans now may only have 1 unbound spirit at any given time.

Both mages and shamans may now bind a number of spirits equal to their charisma.

There are no more domains. Spirit is now simply a generic term without the connotations of SR 3.

Does that answer your questions Slip?
WinterRat1
You are correct btw, the book does not lend itself to quick reference. I had to read the entire conjuring section to find the answer to the first question, and had to reference the critter section in addition to the conjuring section to come up with my conclusion for the second question.

Or maybe I just need to read the rules more thoroughly... wink.gif
Slipshade
You and me both. Thanks for the update. I will post tomorrow with rolls for summoning. Thanks WR1!
Slipshade
Ok, since I have no supplies for binding spirits, It looks like I am limited to one summoned spirit until I can visit a talismonger.

WR1 or Grendel, can you look this over and make sure I did this correctly?

Summoning a City Spirit, Force 7

Magic + Summoning = 7 Dice

2, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 6 = 4 Hits

Resisted by Force Level of the Spirit = 7 Dice

1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5, 5 = 2 Hits

Granting 2 services

Drain Resistance

Drain = 2*number of hits by Spirit, which equals: 4 Points of Physical Drain.

Resisted with Willpower + Charisma = 11 Dice

1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 6 = 4 Hits = No drain.

(Man that was close to a glitch)
grendel
Check, zero mils.
WinterRat1
Agreed. Looks good to me Slip.
Mister Juan
@WinterRat1
When do you need the converted NPCs for?
WinterRat1
Mister Juan, probably not for at least a couple days. Sometime late next week is good, I'll let you know more specifically when I have a clearer idea.
WinterRat1
Slip and Scrap - BTW, you two are free to post.
Slipshade
Scrap - You're up. smile.gif
bclements
grendel: (4/29 thru 5/14): [2+ 2 GM]: 4
bclements
grendel: Give me a negoiation roll for Vedic.
grendel
Perception: (Intuition + Perception + actively looking for occurance + optical enhancements) = 12

6, 6, 5, 5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 1, 1: 5 hits

Negotiation: (Charisma + Negotiation + Kinesics I) = 10

5, 5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1: 2 hits
Scrapheap
Mister Juan (3/28 - 5/15): 7 + 2 (quality) = 9
Scrapheap
Slip-
Sorry if my last post didn't make it clear, but the next post is yours.

Mister Juan-
Same for you, unless you do not have a response or any questions, in which case just let me know and I will write you out of the club.

-S
Slipshade
No it was clear, I have just been busy at work. smile.gif

I will post as soon as I can.
Scrapheap
Work always gets in the way!

No problem, and obviously no rush. I just wanted to make sure.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Scrapheap)
Mister Juan-
Same for you, unless you do not have a response or any questions, in which case just let me know and I will write you out of the club.

Wow. I don't know how that went under my radar, but I hadn't even noticed your post. I'll reply today asap.
bclements
Yeah, I've had some problems with notifications myself.
WinterRat1
I just check manually myself. I don't rely on notifications anymore, I've had so many problems with them.
bclements
Way off topic: ¡Força Barça!. First time since I was in spanish in high school.
Slipshade
Ok Scrap, I finally posted. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012