Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
grendel
My wife does hair and makeup work for all my photoshoots, I learned what I know from her. smile.gif
Vegas
QUOTE (grendel @ May 7 2013, 09:08 PM) *
My wife does hair and makeup work for all my photoshoots, I learned what I know from her. smile.gif

Very kickass. What kind of work does your wife do? Wait, my brain just imploded a little. When did you get married? Didn't you like have a GF a few years back?

One more very important reason I shouldn't take years off from the boards.
grendel
Yeah, I upgraded the girlfriend to wife two and a half years ago. smile.gif She keeps the castle, actually, and does a bit of work from home in leather and crafts. I'll post some pix of her work to my flickr and send you the link.
Vegas
Excellent upgrade. I'd love to see it, and return the favor in kind.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (grendel @ May 8 2013, 03:49 AM) *
wanted to mention that Joslyn sees the four men get into an older model Gaz-Willys Nomad SUV.

And Remy still has a copy of the simrig recording resident in his firmware, but you'll have to pull out a simdeck in order to translate it into something visual for Joslyn.

Amended IC post a bit to mention the use of the old/new Simsense deck rather than comm, cheers for the clarification.

DeliciousD
Sorry about the wait for not much Mach, my PC was commandeered by my girlfriend all day yesterday.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (DeliciousD @ May 8 2013, 09:13 PM) *
Sorry about the wait for not much Mach, my PC was commandeered by my girlfriend all day yesterday.

no worries, mine has a mac, but abuses my PC for work stuff all the time,
Vegas
@grendel

So do I have permission to post one monster of a post to push through from when Mac is dropped off to when Kovacs comes back to pick her up, or would you prefer to break it up a bit?
grendel
Go ahead, monster post away. smile.gif
Vegas
Awesome. Let me amend the tiny bit from the Rover to apartment and I'll post it right up.
Vegas
Oh yeah...

Con Wayne for extra time away from The Stable: 5/8/13
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4041715/
7d6.hits(5) → [6,3,6,4,2,4,6] = (3)
Vegas
And it just got real. Really fun.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Vegas @ May 7 2013, 10:11 PM) *
Very kickass. What kind of work does your wife do? Wait, my brain just imploded a little. When did you get married? Didn't you like have a GF a few years back?

One more very important reason I shouldn't take years off from the boards.

Screw that! I didn't leave during The Big LitS Hiatus (yes, I have named the event) and even I didn't know that. This just makes me realize we've al known each other way too long when people are getting married left and right. I mean, it has been what... 8 years? Christ almighty, I was 19!

I do have to mention the fact that I really enjoy "upgraded" as a choice of word. It sounds like you picked her out of a catalogue wink.gif
Vegas
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ May 9 2013, 06:53 AM) *
Screw that! I didn't leave during The Big LitS Hiatus (yes, I have named the event) and even I didn't know that. This just makes me realize we've al known each other way too long when people are getting married left and right. I mean, it has been what... 8 years? Christ almighty, I was 19!

I do have to mention the fact that I really enjoy "upgraded" as a choice of word. It sounds like you picked her out of a catalogue wink.gif

Jesus, now I feel extra old. I keep forgetting you were the "baby". I realized the other day I joined DSF in '02.

I'm still not married wink.gif Attached, but not married.

I think I need to suck it up and just do a GenCon run in '14, find a way to convince all of you to go and just have a massive party. Who knows, might be in Indy for good then.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Vegas @ May 9 2013, 03:16 PM) *
I keep forgetting you were the "baby". I realized the other day I joined DSF in '02.

Hey I'm the baby round these parts !! Member number 70,000+ smile.gif versus alla you old timers member 280 and such nyahnyah.gif
Vegas
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ May 9 2013, 08:50 AM) *
Hey I'm the baby round these parts !! Member number 70,000+ smile.gif versus alla you old timers member 280 and such nyahnyah.gif

Eh, i'm going on age. I'm waxing all nostalgic as I get closer to my birthday. Thinking how much fun it would be to get a "do-over" on the 20's wink.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Vegas @ May 9 2013, 04:17 PM) *
Eh, i'm going on age. I'm waxing all nostalgic as I get closer to my birthday. Thinking how much fun it would be to get a "do-over" on the 20's wink.gif

yeah, if we could do it again with the knowledge we have now huh smile.gif

anyways, pre-armed with the knowledge that my drinking will cause me extreme discomfort on Sunday, I will still spend Saturday in the pub celebrating.

then I'm booked off on monday so I can celebrate my 37th in style, by staying in bed all day ! ... if that's not re-do of my teenage years, I dunno what is smile.gif

Although the missus probably has alist of things I "Could" be doing on that day off..
Vegas
Eh, I'm partying tonight, recovering/working tomorrow, Saturday and on my birthday itself. No real rest for the wicked. Wanted to sleep in this morning (my one real day "off") and ended up stumbling out of bed at 7 anyway. Mind you, 7 is better than the past couple of days at 4:15.
ChromeZephyr
I'm not sure I'd relive my 20s even with foreknowledge. Pretty sure Murphy could adapt quicker than I could.

Silly question, Mach: Is Remy Silas as a teenager?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (ChromeZephyr @ May 9 2013, 04:50 PM) *
I'm not sure I'd relive my 20s even with foreknowledge. Pretty sure Murphy could adapt quicker than I could.

Silly question, Mach: Is Remy Silas as a teenager?

not silly at all Sir, he is indeed.

I thought it's be interesting to have a real deep backstory and reason for being a "runner"
Grendel happily approved on the proviso that I don't use him as missions character, Which given my location will never happen.
also my Karma expenditure will be similar but different too, I see them progressing in similar ways but diverging somewhat

kinda like how we remember ourselves as teenagers versus how everyone else saw us .... same person, same events .. but totally different perspectives smile.gif

plus it satisfies my addiction to posting without the necessary evil of me having to get into several different characters, which I can do, but prefer when I GM so that I don't get overly attached before they die nyahnyah.gif

--------

as for my 20's ... Hmmm Acne and hormones all over again, Basic Army training all over again .... damn

or

having energy after 10pm ... discovering boobs again smile.gif .... being a confident and suave version of myself at 20 ... HELL YEAH

now the question ... was fumbling in the dark more fun cause you DIDN'T know what to do any better than if you KNEW what to do ...? hmmmmm
DeliciousD
I'm still (just) in my 20s, so far the experience has been: have fun & accrue debt for the first half, work to pay off debt and get badgered about settling down for the latter. Altogether pretty good but it better not be the best part of life.

Wasn't sure if Remy has anything else to say/ask Joslyn, if not, he'll head off.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Vegas @ May 9 2013, 09:16 AM) *
I keep forgetting you were the "baby".

Thanks for reminding me nyahnyah.gif

This has made me recall all those phone conversations with WinterRat1 and you... and the appartment I used to live in. The floor in the kitchen was so crooked, I had to stick a broom handle under the fridge's door to keep it closed. Boy do I NOT miss those times.

That having been said, it makes me realize I am well overdue to get my passport reissued.
grendel
You should come to GenCon this year, Vegas. It's not too late. Badges are on sale now and event registration opens on Sunday.

You should come as well, Mr. Juan. I remember some distant conversation about drunk French speaking or something along those lines.

The years do kind of sneak up on you, but don't feel bad. I don't tend to talk about my life in online forums. Keeps me safe and anonymous. Just another digital ghost.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (grendel @ May 9 2013, 07:45 PM) *
You should come as well, Mr. Juan. I remember some distant conversation about drunk French speaking or something along those lines.

When I get drunk, I get lazy, which means I usually "don't bother with English". Yes, that's an actually quote wink.gif

Plus, nowadays, my English is starting to get rotten. Dumpshock is the only place I use it nyahnyah.gif
grendel
Thank goodness for Shadowrun, then. Keeping Canadians bilingual since 1989. smile.gif
Vegas
Yeah. I'm home. Tonight didn't go quite as planned, So what do I do? I post. biggrin.gif And get depressed watching my hockey team get booted from the playoffs.

@grendel
I'd love to go this year, but it's not in the cards. I have weddings booked that weekend and money trumps "fun" this summer

@Mister Juan
Oh wow, yeah I remember those calls. Feels like an eternity ago
grendel
I'll expect you next year, then. smile.gif

Sorry to hear about your team.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (grendel @ May 9 2013, 10:52 PM) *
Thank goodness for Shadowrun, then. Keeping Canadians bilingual since 1989. smile.gif

Need I to remind it's Québécois, not Canadian? grinbig.gif
grendel
Oh, my deepest apologies. smile.gif
Vegas
Hahah, so I'm not the only one to be on the receiving end of the dreaded "French-Canadian" wrath wink.gif

*still remembers that night on IRC*

But I got it from two of them! wink.gif

GenCon '14 it is then.
grendel
By then we'll all be converted over to SR5.
Vegas
Now THAT should be fun. smile.gif
ChromeZephyr
QUOTE (Vegas @ May 9 2013, 08:57 PM) *
And get depressed watching my hockey team get booted from the playoffs.

After the collapse the Wild had at the end of the season I'm actually surprised they even won 1 game against Chicago. Starting to wonder if there's a coaching problem with them, that's two years running they've fallen apart at the end of the season.

*realizes he's talking hockey in a Shadowrun game thread he's not even part of*

Erm. Right...sorry, carry on.
grendel
I'm almost positive that's the consequence Mac intended from her actions. If not, I'll go back and edit.
Vegas
Totally cool and the gang.
Vegas
Anyone know of someone who can deliver copious amounts of alcohol, preferably frou-frou vodka, on a Sunday? To Minnesota?
Its been a shittacular birthday.

I want to kill it, kill it with fire.
grendel
That's suckful. Sorry to hear it. What kind of alcohol do you prefer? I've always been a whiskey man when it comes to making molotovs.
Vegas
Something that comes in a bottle, gets me drunk but I can't taste?

I'm a little rusty in my Molotov making skills.
grendel
Whipped cream vodka it is.
Vegas
Marshmallow is better. Or loopy.
Vegas
Happiest of Birthday Wishes Mach_Ten!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Vegas @ May 13 2013, 02:11 PM) *
Happiest of Birthday Wishes Mach_Ten!

And belated best wishes to you too, sorry, I was entertaining parents girlfriend and puppy all yesterday otherwise I'd have posted, the madness overwith and a days leave taken today I feel much better smile.gif
grendel
I have nothing planned for Remy and Joslyn between now and when (if) they meet up for breakfast and to head over to the Redmond Swap Meet, which happens to take place in a back section of The Emporium. You guys can post as desired on your storylines, just meet up at the appointed time and I'll move you over to the Swap Meet.
Vegas
Remind my slow (and old) brain again... Electronic Communications (messages/mail/etc) are coded what color in LitS?
grendel
Yellow for spoken electronic communication. Red for silent (transducer/subvocal microphone/text) electronic communication. Light blue for static (email/digital print) electronic communication.
Vegas
B-e-a-utiful. Thanks!
grendel
Karma Awards:

Morgannah: 0 pts (May 01st - May 14th 2013)
BClements: 0 pts (May 01st - May 14th 2013) [GM Bonus]
WinterRat1: 0 pts (May 01st - May 14th 2013) [GM Bonus]
BanditF50: 0 pts (May 01st - May 14th 2013)
Shadowrunner13: 0 pts (May 01st - May 14th 2013)
DireRadiant: 0 pts (May 01st - May 14th 2013)
Mister Juan: 2 pts (May 01st - May 14th 2013)
Shadow: 0 pts (May 01st - May 14th 2013)
Vegas: 2 pts (May 01st - May 14th 2013)
Mach_Ten: 2 pts (May 01st - May 14th 2013)
DeliciousD: 2 pts (May 01st - May 14th 2013)
Mister Juan
@Grendel
Just so you know, Ludi will just keep driving until she either gets a call back from Zeyda, or arrives at her destination.
DeliciousD
Sorry for the delay in posting. The guy my character is loosely based on (potential future father-in-law) just got made Ambassador to England so we've been a bit busy rearranging holiday plans and stuff.
grendel
Man if I had a dollar for every time one of my players used that excuse... smile.gif

(I'd have a dollar.)

Congrats!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012