Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
grendel
All right, back from GenCon. Still catching my breath. Expect an update in a couple of days.
Vegas
@grendel Weird place to pause the post perhaps, but I didn't want to assume I could post through to later that morning and attempting to make it back to Kovacs' place. If i can continue my novel writing, I'll edit accordingly. smile.gif
grendel
As good a place to break as any, but you're clear to write Mac all the way to Kovacs' place, I have nothing more planned for her tonight. smile.gif
Vegas
Thank god. *breathes a momentary sigh of relief*
DeliciousD
Hi all, apologies for no posting, there was no internets to be had where I was staying Grenada, I'll have a read through and try to get something posted later on today.
grendel
No worries, and welcome back!
grendel
About a month ago, WinterRat1 and I discussed moving Living in the Shadows over to rpol.net, in order to facilitate game play. Rpol has a native dice roller and some nicer features when it comes to formatting posts. It wasn't feasible during the heydey of LitS due to the number of active storylines. But since we're down to effectively four players it seems like now is the time. However, since the lifeblood of the game is the players, I wanted to make sure that no one has any significant objections to changing websites. Let your voices be heard!

.G.
Vegas
I'm not opposed to it. But then again the only "active" game on DSF that I'm involved in is LitS, so here or there it doesn't matter to me. But I too kinda dig the "benefits" of RPoL that DSF doesn't have.
DeliciousD
I've no objections to it, should be back to posting regularly soon...I got engaged a couple of weeks back so now the computer's being mostly used to look at flower arrangements, venues and the like. Hopefully she'll calm down soon.
Vegas
Rock on DeliciousD! Congrats! Don't expect to get your computer back until after the wedding wink.gif
grendel
Congrats, DeliciousD! Best of luck to you and your fiancee!
Mach_Ten
I'm in too.

Grats "DD" now is the time to set the ground rules! "Computer is MAN Thing!... Woman make me a Sammich!"

As a recently divirced guy I can personally vouch for this methodology biggrin.gif
Vegas
Ok, so I think I've got everyone's storylines updated on the wiki (including Ludi's, that I had to go back 4 pages for nyahnyah.gif)

Basic posts are up and separated, I still need to go though and format comms/electronic text which should be fun fun fun.

I'll try to keep on top of them a bit more from here on out until/if we move to RPOL.net and then decide what we're doing.

@Mister Juan p.s. Remy and Joslyn still need graphics for the The Stories page and their page headers smile.gif I'd offer to do them, but I have 0 graphics programs on my new computer. Too small of an SSD HD to cram in Photoshop wink.gif
grendel
Thanks for keeping up with the wiki stuff, Vegas.

I need perception and infiltration checks from Remy and Joslyn please. I'm going to be out of town Tuesday through Friday this week, so updates may be a bit spottier than they already have been. Also, I will at some point push out some more karma awards. Sorry for my delinquency in that.

.G.
DeliciousD
Joslyn's Infiltration: 8d6.hits(5)=4

Not bad...

Perception: 7d6.hits(5)=2

Must be paying too much attention to being stealthy.

The fiance's been given a laptop by her new job so the computer problem is sorted for now...hopefully her employer's not going to complain about it being full of wedding stuff.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (grendel @ Sep 9 2013, 07:27 AM) *
Thanks for keeping up with the wiki stuff, Vegas.

I need perception and infiltration checks from Remy and Joslyn please. I'm going to be out of town Tuesday through Friday this week, so updates may be a bit spottier than they already have been. Also, I will at some point push out some more karma awards. Sorry for my delinquency in that.

.G.

My Apologies guys for the hold up, GM-ing three other games and playing in two, both PbP and real.

got kinda burned out a bit there smile.gif

Right
Infiltration (Has not bought the Camo suit as yet, still a newb runner)
(12d6.hits(5) =1)

Holy smeg, the meds must be wearing off, that or the autodoc REALLY tried to kill me !

Perception 7 +3 rating contacts and ear buds
(10d6.hits(5) =4)

so Pain keeps me highly aware of my surroundings smile.gif

grendel
Roll me some initiative for Remy and Joslyn please! smile.gif
DeliciousD
I did try to find it but I've no idea how Cram's meant to be taken, I'm sure SR3 had how street drugs are taken but SR4 seems to be missing it...I'm gonna treat it like future cocaine until someone tells me otherwise.

Anywhoo:

8d6.hits(5)=4 (Init 7 +1 for drugs)

Init: 12
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (grendel @ Sep 21 2013, 07:03 AM) *
Roll me some initiative for Remy and Joslyn please! smile.gif

initiative (12d6.hits(5)=5)

17 ( 3 IP)
grendel
Remy is up on 17. Xade will be after him on 15. Then Joslyn.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (grendel @ Sep 25 2013, 04:21 AM) *
Remy is up on 17. Xade will be after him on 15. Then Joslyn.

Two occupants in this room ?
one has taken a burst from the big guy and the other is in an accessible place ?

if so, it'll be a sprint and a sword to the chest,
choppy choppy
(14d6.hits(5) =6)

not sure of the DV, or AP .. but if there's any extra for 2 handed / charging etc.... and any minus for current physical state (not sure where I stand after my ministrations in the auto-Doc smile.gif

DeliciousD
3 guys, Noland's dropped one, one's got an SMG and the other's crouched by the door...Joslyn's planning to go for crouching guy, hopefully smack him around a bit but not kill.

Hopefully the 4th bed belongs to the guy that died in the shop rather than another one who'll bust in and break my geriatric hips.
grendel
The modifiers are a wash, you have bonuses for charging and for reach, but negatives for wounds and movement. You're still going to hit and do damage, though. If you're using the vibrosword, that's 8P, -2AP.

Gobline Bravo gets two hits for melee defense, leaving Remy three net for a DV of 11P. He scores 5 hits on his resistance, taking six boxes of damage.

Xade goes after Remy, literally, firing twice as she does so. Goblin Alpha, wounded by Noland will fire a wide burst at the two of them as they go past. He's at a minus three modifier, though.

Six round full automatic burst, three rounds for Remy: {2 hits}, three for Xade: {3 hits}. Remy's going to be overall -3 to dodge, he's running but he's wounded and engaged in melee combat. Xade manages to get out of the way of the rounds aimed at her.

Gobline Charlie detonates the satchel charge at his feet. The charge consists of 7 kg of rating 10 plastic explosive, with a DV of 14 (-2/m). Noland and Joslyn are the furthest from the blast, at 4 meters. Each is soaking 6P with body plus impact. Remy and Xade are unfortunately much closer, only two meters past. They're looking at resisting 10P with body plus impact.

DeliciousD
Damn explosions are like buses, spend the whole week with none then two come along on the same day.

Camo suit Impact 6 + Body 3:

9d6.hits(5)=0

Gah! Using Edge:

9d6.hits(5)=6

Phew, No damage taken.

My plan needs rethinking now, I'm gonna assume crouching guy is no longer a threat to anything but my stomach contents.

Joslyn's going to get up and drag/roll Nolan to cover at the side of the door then look inside check if anyone's still moving.

Str + Bod check to move Nolan:

6d6.hits(5)=3
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (grendel @ Sep 28 2013, 10:21 PM) *
The modifiers are a wash, you have bonuses for charging and for reach, but negatives for wounds and movement. You're still going to hit and do damage, though. If you're using the vibrosword, that's 8P, -2AP.

cool, using the sword Noland gave me, if you're happy for it to be my beloved vibro-blade then that is what it is smile.gif
Six round full automatic burst, three rounds for Remy: {2 hits}, three for Xade: {3 hits}.
Remy's going to be overall -3 to dodge, he's running but he's wounded and engaged in melee combat.

It seems my new nick is going to be "Bullet Catcher !"
dodge bullets (4d6.hits(5)=0)
Full in the face
resist bullets (19d6.hits(5)=6)
better than I expected, but still not good, I'll use an edge
resist bullets (13d6.hits(5)=5)
11 damage resisted in total,
Gobline Charlie detonates the satchel charge at his feet. The charge consists of 7 kg of rating 10 plastic explosive, with a DV of 14 (-2/m).
Remy and Xade are unfortunately much closer, only two meters past. They're looking at resisting 10P with body plus impact.

"meeep!"
resist explosives (19d6.hits(5)=11)
Mutha Fragger! Try and Blow ME up will ya ? .. HERE, catch sword !
Mach_Ten
@ Grendel, ic.gif is up, I get them impression we are suddenly and explosively out of combat ?

if there's still assailants, my actions will be the same-ish, but maybe without the calling out of names across the room bit ! smile.gif
DeliciousD
I think they've turned to mist, if not then I'll edit my post.

Who'd have thought low initiative would be a blessing? I was about to charge into melee with the exploding guy...that coulda been messy.
Vegas
@grendel I'm comms down for the next 72 to 96. wanted to get a post up for the weekend but I have like 2 minutes to post this... Be back Sunday/Monday depending on how things shake out.
grendel
No worries, Vegas. See you when you get back.

I need some perception rolls for Remy and Joslyn please.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (grendel @ Oct 7 2013, 05:38 AM) *
No worries, Vegas. See you when you get back.

I need some perception rolls for Remy and Joslyn please.

perception
+3 from equip bonii
(10d6.hits(5) =3)
Vegas
So technical question before I throw up a post...

If all Mac's weapons have been modified as eluded to in previous posts, would she technically not be able to fire any of them without a Smartlink on her end? My memory says no she couldn't, but my books are at home and I don't trust my memory as much these days wink.gif
grendel
No, smartlink hardware isn't required to use smartlinked weapons, only to gain the bonus from the smartlink. Smartlink palm interface cyberware was discontinued with SR4. The advent of skinlinks removed the requirement for the hardware. Which is unfortunate, since wired options are still available for SR5. I guess no one wanted to revisit the smartlink component rules. Lazy bastards.
Vegas
Awesome... Thanks and post forthcoming smile.gif
DeliciousD
Perception

7d6.hits(5)=3

Sorry about the wait, got snowed under.
Mach_Ten
hey boss ! question for ya
QUOTE (grendel @ Oct 11 2013, 04:51 AM) *
Remy comes across the twisted hunk of machinery that looks oddly familiar, although it takes him several seconds to place it.
It looks almost identical to the cooling unit that he intentionally broke at his uncle's shop.

"Hey, I found something!"

I know we've just been blowed up, but what condition is it in >? and is it boxed or setup or in some other form

I'll post an ic.gif if you want me to roll some skills etc. to gauge what's going on with it.

Also .... wow ... is it still only Tuesday ? I really thought I'd have lasted "most" of the week smile.gif before getting asploded... am loving it though, keep up the good work !

grendel
It's in pieces as a result of the explosion, but the pieces strongly resemble the remains of the unit that Remy intentionally broke. If you're going to examine it closely, roll me a perception again but with a +3 modifier.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (grendel @ Oct 12 2013, 08:31 PM) *
It's in pieces as a result of the explosion, but the pieces strongly resemble the remains of the unit that Remy intentionally broke. If you're going to examine it closely, roll me a perception again but with a +3 modifier.

Pexamine cooler (10d6.hits(5)=3)
Not briliant,

Vegas
Sorry for the MIA, I've been brutally sick the last week. So much so I missed my fave Halloween frown.gif

@grendel - I'll have a post up by tonight, I'm feeling better but mentally drained still nyahnyah.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Vegas @ Nov 4 2013, 07:30 PM) *
Sorry for the MIA, I've been brutally sick the last week. So much so I missed my fave Halloween frown.gif

@grendel - I'll have a post up by tonight, I'm feeling better but mentally drained still nyahnyah.gif

Feel better soon, i'm missing my fix of Mac & Kovacs
Vegas
As an FYI, Wiki's have been updated as of today's posts just prior to this. Sorry I've been slacking wink.gif
Vegas
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Nov 4 2013, 03:41 PM) *
Feel better soon, i'm missing my fix of Mac & Kovacs

Feeling better now thanks, as evidenced by the posts smile.gif Feels good to "be back" biggrin.gif
Vegas
Joslyn and Remy now have iconography on the wiki and pages are linked to the story page... Exciting life I lead on Saturday nights when I get it with round 2 of the crud. Here's hoping it doesn't turn to pneumonia like so many others are getting... frown.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Vegas @ Nov 10 2013, 03:38 AM) *
Joslyn and Remy now have iconography on the wiki and pages are linked to the story page... Exciting life I lead on Saturday nights when I get it with round 2 of the crud. Here's hoping it doesn't turn to pneumonia like so many others are getting... frown.gif

Whisky! Lots n lots of whisky! smile.gif
Vegas
*gags* I'm *so* not a whiskey girl. Not. At. All. biggrin.gif Vodka however.... *whistles innocently*
Vegas
Just wanted to wish you all a very merry Christmas (or your chosen celebration). I'm going to be enjoying the next week off from work, which means waaaaay too much time to screw around on here wink.gif You've been warned.
Vegas
@grendel. Made a judgment call based on the lack of a call for initiative wink.gif let me know if I need to edit...
grendel
Minor adjustment needed: Mirabal shot Kuroda's sword, not the fighter himself. Well-trained sword fighters are hard to come by. smile.gif
Vegas
See why I ask...it's also what I get for posting first thing in the morning without coffee/energy drinks.

Fixing now.
Vegas
@grendel - Question. I had been operating on the theory Mac's bike was stashed at Kovacs' from a couple of days back. I'd like to keep that expensive piece of gear with her if possible wink.gif So... edit or handwave it back to her place? Either way I'm cool with it, just checking before I post.
grendel
I thought last time she cabbed it to Kovacs' place? Either way we can retcon her stashing her bike to sometime the previous day after the conversation she and he had about 'contingencies'.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012