Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
bclements
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Mar 5 2007, 04:46 PM)
I'd post more often, but then Grendel will kill my character off faster.

++

pleasedon'tkillme pleasedon'tkillme
bclements
Chulhu449 ( 2/26 to 3/4; ): 1 point

Konsaki (2/26 to 3/4): 1 point
Vegas
Most of you guys know I'm on here ALL the time and can commit to posting with quite regular frequency (at least 2-3 times a week). Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help keep LitS going, I'm more than willing to pitch in where possible.
grendel
Karma awards for my players:

Morgannah: 3 pts (Feb 14th - Mar 6th)
BClements: 6 pts (Feb 14th - Mar 6th) [GM Bonus]
WinterRat1: 6 pts (Feb 14th - Mar 6th) [GM Bonus]
BanditF50: 3 pts (Feb 14th - Mar 6th)
TiredRonin: 3 pts (Feb 14th - Mar 6th)
Shadowrunner13: 3 pts (Feb 14th - Mar 6th)
DireRadiant: 3 pts (Feb 14th - Mar 6th)
grendel
QUOTE (DireRadiant)

That's completely untrue. I'll just have more time to torture your character before killing her off.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (grendel)
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Mar 5 2007, 02:46 PM)

That's completely untrue. I'll just have more time to torture your character before killing her off.

Oh, that's okay then!
Mister Juan
There's nothing up yet, but I believe this is the way we should go with the LitS Website.

http://litsproject.wikispaces.com/

I had posted a little question in the Special Project thread, but I believe no one noticed it frown.gif
Vegas
Looks good MJ!

I'm fond of Wikis only because it doesn't mean hassling with one main account/password and making edits on a maintained and dedicated page/website. Plus, having it be free is a nice bonus too wink.gif
bclements
Very nice MJ!
Mister Juan
QUOTE (bclements)
Very nice MJ!

So much praise... and I have done so little wink.gif Now you guys are just making me want to stay up all night to transfer all the posts...
bclements
QUOTE (Mister Juan)
QUOTE (bclements @ Mar 6 2007, 10:20 PM)
Very nice MJ!

So much praise... and I have done so little wink.gif Now you guys are just making me want to stay up all night to transfer all the posts...

Very nice MJ! grinbig.gif
Tiredronin
err.. hello all. so.. yeah I don't think I can commit to posting regularly for now. I think the biggest barrier thus far has been not really getting a good grip on/liking my character. From this came this desire to go through some sort of revamping, a process that has been delayed by procrastination and school (and procrastination in school for that matter).

I have set too many deadlines that have been blithly passed by and do not want to make a committment that I cannot fulfill.

My intention is to revamp Daedalus, but do it in a way that maintains plot integrity. The problem is, I actually have to DO this at some point, and I am not used to making characters with out a large extended chunk of time to sit and crank it out in one sitting.. something that is not really possible at this moment.

So im going to go inactive for now. I'll send Grendel a summary of the direction I am going for with Daedalus... relatively soon.

Thanks much and (hopefully) see you all soon. (At least I'll still be at Gen-Con, so you all can smack me around in person if I havn't gotten things squared away by then) nyahnyah.gif

btw, nice job Mr. Juan! biggrin.gif
Mister Juan
Alright. So I've started to get things rolling on the Wiki. Most of what is done isn't up yet (mainly formating posts correctly and such).

Anyways, I have a rough template up for the character's page.
Ludi's page
Yes, I'm an asshole and I did my character first nyahnyah.gif I'd just like to know if everyone would be satisfied in a layout that would look like so.
DireRadiant
@Grendel, are there any other businesses or people in the area around the Mirror Dark Magic Shop that Litany might be able to pump for information?
Cedric Rolfsson
Okay, so I don't get left behind here, I'm available to post usually 2-3 times per week minimum except when I have a long trial or vacation. Most days I can post 2 times per day. I check the board regularly and would prefer more posts rather than less.
grendel
There's a small deli/convenience store located on the corner about half a block away, but nothing other than that is located adjacent or in the immediate area.

Also, vice my previous word, Gen Con is a mere 160 days away. It's not too late to register and find good lodging.
Slipshade
WR1 - Let me know if I need to modify that post. It was more for feel than to affect Max's current situation.
Shadow
So any word on if I can play Ivan? I know where Scrap was going with the story (in the near turn) just not where he was going to finish with it.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (grendel)
Also, vice my previous word, Gen Con is a mere 160 days away. It's not too late to register and find good lodging.

Who needs lodging when you can GM 24 hrs a day!
grendel
While true, I tend to get real mean right around Hour 21.
WinterRat1
OK progress is being made. Here's some updates to keep people moving along.

1. Cedric, we're making Bclements your official Player GM, so get in touch with him to get on the same page with your character and keep rolling along.

2. Shadow and Mister Juan - Grendel is your new Player GM. I suggest starting work on your second LITS characters so when your first ones die horribly...excuse me...are brutally tortured and THEN die horribly, you will be able to jump right back into the game without much of a delay. Otherwise, same thing as Cedric, get in touch with Grendel regarding your characters and keep rolling along.

3. Mister Juan - Excellent work on the wiki! I really like it. As always, you're our special projects GM, so however you can compile all the relevant information and get it on the same page, I'm fine with that.

4. Scrapheap and Slipshade - I like Slipshade's suggestion about narrating the fight a little more so I don't have to wait on the rolls from all the NPCs (not to mention not having to make rolls for about 20 NPCs on my own!). As much as I prefer the realism of letting the dice decide what happens to who, practical considerations (such as actually finishing this fight so we can move on with the storyline) may have to take precedence.

Scrapheap, are you amenable to focusing only on the parts of combat that directly involve you two and allowing me the GM discretion to narrate the other parts of combat to cut down on unnecessary dice rolling? I think we'll be able to actually get out of the Warehouse Fight sometime this year if we do it that way. Also Slip, that was an excellent post to capture Max's current situation, and the kind of post I'm used to seeing from you. It's good to have you back!

Those are the immediate updates to keep people rolling. Let me know if I missed anyone's thoughts, comments, concerns, or updates. As far as my players and posting, when I have a reply from Scrap and Slip regarding the Warehouse Fight, I'll decide how to keep moving with that.

5. Vegas - I will try to have a post up for Lana sometime early next week. Thanks again for your patience in all this.
bclements
I suggest starting work on your second LITS characters so when your first ones die horribly...excuse me...are brutally tortured and THEN die horribly, you will be able to jump right back into the game without much of a delay.

You know you have achieved a certain reputation when someone is saying this about his own GM. Oh wai....
Slipshade
WinterRat1 - I am totally fine with you narrating the parts of the fight that do not purtain to the PC's.

Thanks, it was good to get back into Max's skull again. Poor bastard.
Shadow
Well I am sure when Grendel is done that Ivan will still be alive. He will be a brainwashed cyberzombie bent on derstroying the universe - but alive.
bclements
grendel and my PC's: Should have some posts up tomorrow; the DST change pretty much killed me over the weekend.
grendel
Shadow and Mr. Juan,
I need another 48 hours before I'm up to speed and ready to post on your storylines.
grendel
Shadow, roll me some perception for Ivan please.
WinterRat1
Slip and Scrap - To narrate the story better and make things flow smoother, I'm going to run your actions first then all the NPCs each pass, so I can resolve your actions and post theirs (as well as the results from their actions interacting with yours) all in one post.

That being said, go ahead and post your actions, as well as any required rolls, for Combat Turn 2, Initiative Pass 1.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Slipshade
WR1 Hmmm, it's been a while since I did this. Post actions and rolls in OOC first right? Then you are going to give us the results?
WinterRat1
Write an IC post detailing your actions.

In the OOC thread, add any further clarifications/details and post any necessary rolls.

If any rolls are needed for the NPCs as a result of your actions I will make them and post the end results in my own IC post describing the results of your actions.

As always, if I need rolls from you I'll ask in the OOC thread and then describe the results in the IC thread.

That jog your memory sufficiently? smile.gif
WinterRat1
Vegas - OK, ready to roll with your storyline again. Give me an Initiative (not Surprise) Roll.
Vegas
Reaction (3) + Intuition (4) = 7 dice
1 2 3 2 [6] [6] 3 Hits:2

7 + 2 = 9
Slipshade
WR1 - Thanks!

Since I do not have a book for a while I will need some help. I am going to be casting Levitate on Nora and Scrap, but I can't remmber the rolls.

I would like to try to get the jump on the NPC's this round. Can Edge help initiative?
WinterRat1
Vegas - Give me an Unarmed Combat Roll please.

Slip - Edge can be used to help Initiative, but if you note my earlier post, I said I'm giving you guys Initiative every round for the simple reason that it'll cut down on the back and forth between us, and the need for me to make a million initiative rolls. Right now I'm trading a little realism so we can move along with the story faster, unless you or Scrap have any issues with that.

Casting Levitate - Magic + Spellcasting roll; Threshold of 1 per 200kg of subject's mass. Subject of the spell can be moved anywhere in the caster's LOS at a Movement rate equal to the spell's Magic (Force) X net Spellcasting hits in meters per turn.

Scrapheap will not resist, he can figure out that you're helping him from all his years of experience.

I'll rule that Nora won't resist, but she's not going to let go of the rail. If anything, she'll hold on tighter, because she has no idea what is going on. If you try to move her away from the rail, it will become a Resisted Roll to continue moving her.

That help you?
Vegas
Reaction (3) + Unarmed Combat (1) = 4 dice
2 [5] 1 [5] Hits:2
Slipshade
WR1 - Ok, I know this is going to sound stupid, but that has never stopped me before, so....umm what is Threshold again?
WinterRat1
Threshold means you have to exceed a minimum number of hits for a spell to work. Essentially, Threshold deducts from the number of hits you rolled to determine your net successes.

So if the Threshold is 2, then you have to score at least 3 hits for the spell to succeed, because you would have 3 hits - 2 Threshold = 1 net success.

Does that make sense?
WinterRat1
Vegas - Initiative roll please.

Mister Juan - How are we doing on porting over the stories to the web page? I think it would really help the GMs who are picking up new players (or picking back up old ones after a long absence) if we could have the stories in one place for easy reading.
Mister Juan
WinterRat1 - It's slowly coming along. I had a pretty intense week... and the Wiki is a real bitch when it comes to formating thing...
Vegas
Next verse, same as the first

Reaction (3) + Intuition (4) = 7 dice
[5] 4 4 2 2 [5] 1 Hits:2

7 + 2 = 9
Slipshade
WR1 - Yes perfect sense. I will note that down so I don't have to ask again.
WinterRat1
Vegas - You're up first. Go ahead and post your action IC, as well as any necessary rolls in the OOC thread.
grendel
Roll some initiative for Ludi, please.
Mister Juan
Initiative Roll
Initiative: 7 (wired reflexes on)
Rolls:4,1,3,3,5,5,1
Hits: 2
Initiative Score: 9
# of IPs: 2

Tell me when I'm good to post.
grendel
Ludi is clear to act.
Mister Juan
Ludmilla is using her two actions to swap out the ammo in her Predator (from Gel to Regular). She using her free action to curse the frag out about not bringing EX ammo wink.gif

Out of curiosity... from where Ludi is, how good is her cover (would it stop LMG rounds? at least in her knowledge) and are there any exits close by? (doors, windows, whatever).

Also... how far away is the drone?
grendel
Out of curiosity... from where Ludi is, how good is her cover (would it stop LMG rounds? at least in her knowledge)

In Ludi's professional opinion, the rank of locker's she's covering behind would count as 'heavy material', with an armor rating of approximately six and a damage track of seven.

are there any exits close by? (doors, windows, whatever).

Yes, there are two exits. To her left is the emergency fire exit, while to her right is another set of double doors which leads back to the boarding area for all of the buses.

Also... how far away is the drone?

28 meters.
bclements
Sea-Tac, now bus stations? Mass transit is not safe in the Sprawl anymore.

Chulhu449 ( 3/4 to 3/18 ): 2 points

Konsaki (3/4 to 3/18): 4 points (2 + 2 quality)

'Way past due, and I'm the GM, I think' Karma

Cedric Rolfsson (from way back to 3/18): 25 points

Grendel (8/26/06 to 3/18): 40 (27 as GM; 13 for Patience)
Vegas
WR1,

Basically I'm holding Lana's action till he makes his move, if he tries to grab her/restrain her with force and he's standing before her she'll try to kick him with both feet to his stomach or groin, which ever she can hit the hardest.

She's also trying to disarm the situation with "sweet talk"
Mister Juan
Grendel - Ludi will stand by her previous actions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012