Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
WinterRat1
Post is up.

Slip go ahead with your IC action and OOC rolls.

Scrap, for efficiency's sake if you want to post your IC action and any rolls OOC you can do so as well, since you'll be up after Slip anyway at the start of IP 2.
WinterRat1
Not to mention his evaluation for the Company was coming due. Their advance team was due into the metroplex in less than three weeks. And he'd heard troubling rumors that it was going to be half of what was originally planned. Apparently a dozen new contracts had sprung up on the grid between when the OpOrder was signed and when he'd last checked the TO&E.

Any details Dragon would be aware of regarding this Grendel? This is moving in a direction with Combat Inc. Sedna and I had not been exploring, so I want to check if there's any IC knowledge Dragon would know that I don't.

What does 'TO&E' stand for?
grendel
Table of Organization and Equipment.

WinterRat1 ONLY -

[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Grendel - Understood. I wasn't sure where you were going with his establishment of the Urban Operations Section storyline from your post and wanted to clarify.
Slipshade
I will get a post up tomorrow. As for rolls, I was going to use one of my city spirit's services to conceal me as I continue to try to run for safety. The other service will be used to help out Scrap and Nora.

[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Slip -

[ Spoiler ]
Slipshade
WR1

[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Announcement - I'm going out of town for a wedding tonight and won't be back until Saturday night. I probably won't have online access to get caught up until Sunday night or Monday.
WinterRat1
Slip - Go ahead and make your IC post regarding the spirit. This is for Combat Turn 3, IP 1

Scrap - You're up for Combat Turn 3, IP 2. Note that your opponent will have an action after you in this IP as well.

Also, you may assume John saw what appears to be a resident of the shelter grab Nora and try to move her away from the fight. More detail than that will require an Observe in Detail Simple Action.

Sedna- I don't think Alleycat has any actions for IP 2, am I correct?
Slipshade
WR1 - I just posted, so we can move on from Max's action.
WinterRat1
Understood Slip, we'll be waiting on Scrapheap to finish up John's actions for Combat Turn 3.
Sedna
Not as such. Full defensive and concentrating on cover and protection for the three of them by way of getting them out of there, unless a stellar opportunity to make a difference arises. (You know the kind.)

Sorry, everyone, for the extended absence. Approximate bookends to the absence are here and here. (Warning: not easy reading. Some had delayed effects, and through some I was still able to seek escapism at least; though I have had to live off my savings longer than I really want to think about.) All things are not resolved -- some are messier than ever -- but for an indefinite future period I have something resembling stability and a reliable Internet connection, and maybe even in the near future a more reliable computer. (Thank you, Dumpshock, for not using ActiveX or any kind of Flash: those still continue to give me dumpshock.)

Per the rules of LitS I first cleared my return with the GM staff, and so I am here strictly as a player and the occasional flavour post until my ability to do so with some regularity is no longer in doubt.
WinterRat1
Mister Juan - I'm having problems with the LITS website, particularly accessing the histories. Any ideas what's wrong with it?
WinterRat1
Grendel - How far should Cedric and I jump the storyline?

Dragon has some errands to run prior to the meeting, but I can handle them all myself in one big IC post. Am I clear to post up to the meeting with Sybersnake at noon?
Cedric Rolfsson
Erebus is done cleaning his weapons, he's packing a couple of bags and all his guns into his Americar and taking a nap so he's rested, sleep regulators are wonderful things. smile.gif

This Aurora Village, what kind of security? If I come in packing a pair of Predators under an Armored Jacket is Lone Star going to roll out an HTR unit? I assume I'll know or be able to find it online enough to know.
WinterRat1
Aurora Village is one of Downtown Seattle's four major shopping malls, with more than 200 stores, restaurants, and entertainment centers.

I'd imagine the Predators and Armor Jacket are OK, but I wouldn't go heavier than that. At least, Dragon won't be.
grendel
You can push all the way to the meeting with Sybersnake.
Cedric Rolfsson
WinterRat, go ahead and write in Erebus' arrival. He's going to show pretty close to on time, only a couple of minutes early at most. I figure a single post getting us all the to meet would be quicker and easier.
WinterRat1
Understood. I'll bring us both up to speed.
WinterRat1
Cedric and Grendel - I want to put Shade up on the DITG wiki first, I'll get the post up either tomorrow or friday.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
Mister Juan - I'm having problems with the LITS website, particularly accessing the histories. Any ideas what's wrong with it?

I dont know mate. I'll try to get a look at it pretty soon. Even tho I'm done moving to my new place, I still dont really have any internet access yet (I'm currently mooching off the wireless hub from a coffee place across the street).
Scrapheap
WR1-
[ Spoiler ]
Mister Juan
Grendel-
Before moving any further, I was just wondering if I had ever sent you the "bug's plan" I had written up, the list of components they were made of, and what Ludi was waiting on Zeyda for.
grendel
The possibility exists, but I can't find that email now so if you could resend it that would be great.
bclements
grendel: is the terminal that Tony's looking at working?
bclements
grendel: also, Vedic is clear 'till 1630 that afternoon. You taking Roscoe with you?
WinterRat1
Scrap -
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Vegas - You're up.

Scrap - Your info is above.

Slip & Sedna - We're on Combat Turn 3, IP 2. After IP 3 we'll be back to you two.

Grendel & Cedric - Unless Erebus does anything to interrupt Sybersnake, Grendel I believe you're up for us.
Scrapheap
WR1-
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Scrap - Oops, I missed that modifier. Let me rerun my numbers and get back at you. They'll be up later today.
WinterRat1
Scrap - Accounted for the -3 and rolled no hits, so nothing changed, the numbers I put up earlier remain the same.

Wait, did you roll 2 extra dice for the smartlink, but forget to subtract 2 for the visibility? Because if that's the case, you should have rolled two less dice than you did. I assumed you didn't include either, and canceled the two modifiers out. In this case it doesn't matter, but keep it in mind for next time.

You dropped the grenade on Combat Turn 3, IP 1. Timed items go off at the same Initiative Score of the next Initiative Pass after they were first used. Hence, it went off as of your turn on Combat Turn 3, IP 2.

OK then, go ahead and make your Defense roll with the -2 penalty as originally stated. If you fail to get at least 6 hits, give me a Soak Roll as well.
Sedna
WinterRat:
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Sedna -
[ Spoiler ]
Sedna
I think I guessed that, just from how you described his movements. Any useful specifics I can pick up?
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Sedna -
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Sedna -
[ Spoiler ]
Sedna
Oops, maybe getting too complicated for in-thread, though the e-mails mentioned it -- and how much else! We already had a couple of good-sized novels going, before.
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Sedna -
[ Spoiler ]
Sedna
Okay. Let's set the numbers in motion.

[ Spoiler ]

(Yes, my face-to-face games also involved heavy reliance on notes -- a wood/paper-burning fireplace was traditional ... back when I had face-to-face games. Sigh.)
WinterRat1
Sedna -
[ Spoiler ]
Sedna
WinterRat -
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Sedna -
[ Spoiler ]

WinterRat1
Double Post.
Sedna
Two computer crashes later:
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Scrap - Sedna and I were wrapping up some stuff regarding the Warehouse Fight in the long train of spoilers above. As soon as I get the rolls from you, I'll keep things moving along.
Konsaki
How much do I need to deduct for the two drinks?
Slipshade
WR1, Sedna, Scrap - Finalizing papers for the new home, packing and moving over the next to weeks, so you may not see me for a little while. I will email WR1 with a list of things Max will do if I am not around.
WinterRat1
Scrap - Just so we're clear, we're still waiting on you for your Reaction & Soak rolls. Sedna's spell was cast AFTER the swordsman attacked you, so I need to know the result of your Reaction & Soak roll so I can write up the result of the swordsman's attack and Sedna's spell in one post.

Wanted to clarify because it was pointed out you might be waiting on me to post, since Sedna posted an action casting a spell.
Sedna
Mmm, new house smell smile.gif
grendel
QUOTE (bclements)
grendel: also, Vedic is clear 'till 1630 that afternoon. You taking Roscoe with you?

No, the intention was to meet up later.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012