Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
Donum Moriarty
Grendel,

Donum's goal is to drop the Invisibility spell, reach David's apartment door, and knock. If by chance he meets others in the hallway in the meantime, he'll politely nod and/or greet them in whatever way he is greeted, with the goal to act like he's been here before.

He'll knock a few times at David's door.

If there's an answer, his response will depend on who answers, and how.

If there is no answer, he'll try a few times, and then move to the closest neighbor's door and repeat the process, hoping to talk to someone who knows David.

Donum has Charisma 4, and First Impressions, and is as polite as can be. smile.gif
Donum Moriarty
Grendel,

To leave the dorm, I am repeating the process that got me there - I'll attempt an invis spell once I reach the bottom landing of the stairs, wait for someone to come through the main door, and attempt to slip out just as I had slipped in.

Roll to cast Improved Invisibility on myself (Force 4):

Spellcasting (5) + Magic (5) = 10 dice = 6,5,4,4,4,3,3,2,2,1

2) Drain Test (DV = 3):

Willpower (4) + Logic (4) = 8 dice = 6,6,6,4,3,2,2,1
Mister Juan
I was wondering.... where does LitS stand now that WR1 has pretty much left?
Mister Juan
@Grendel
Hot damn man! I never noticed the post you made for me! I'll get back on track as soon as I can.
WinterRat1
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jan 28 2009, 12:55 PM) *
I was wondering.... where does LitS stand now that WR1 has pretty much left?

As you can see, reports of my demise have been somewhat exaggerated. nyahnyah.gif

My first priority is getting DITG back on track. Grendel has been holding down the fort here in LITS. Once Vegas and I work out whether or not she'll be playing Sybersnake or another PC, we'll be jumping back into LITS under Grendel.

Currently I have no PCs in LITS so I'm not going to be GMing, but we'll see what happens. DITG is quite a handful, since it's basically LITS-style in a more defined sandbox (Kingsgate). That results in having a lot of IC posts and GMing, functionally for about 11 PCs or so, which means it is pretty time consuming to GM well. We'll worry about what happens with Grendel getting overloaded in LITS when it happens.
bclements
Hell yeah jefe! I think we can do this again (and good luck to you!). Cthulhu, you still in? I'm willing if you are.
grendel
Both Dragon and Erebus come out of the firefight with 4 boxes of stun.
WinterRat1
That's a heck of a lot better than I thought we'd come out of that mission, if we came out of it at all. I can live with that. smile.gif

And I have to ask, the 'Martinez' Erebus killed, that wouldn't happen to be the same Martinez who is Sybersnake's ex-husband, would it?
grendel
Yes, it is the same one. Although I don't think I said anything about him being killed?

vegm.gif
WinterRat1
Erebus laid his shotgun across the roof of the car and blew Martinez’s head off.

That certainly sounds like he got killed.
bclements
QUOTE (WinterRat1 @ Feb 5 2009, 10:14 PM) *
That certainly sounds like he got killed.

I guess he could be really tall and had some, ahem, equipment shot off.
WinterRat1
What is he, a troll? He'd have to really tall for bclements scenario to come true.
Cedric Rolfsson
Gentlemen, just wanted to let you know that I'm not gone, still around although I admit I haven't been tracking this thread for awhile. I'm still very much interested in participating.
Cthulhu449
Hey BC,

Yeah I am around to post if you want to get things going again. Shoot me a message.

The rumors of Baron Ndfggduj's demise have been greatly exaggerated.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (WinterRat1 @ Feb 4 2009, 10:24 PM) *
We'll worry about what happens with Grendel getting overloaded in LITS when it happens.

Meh, I'm not too worried. I mean, we all know for a fact that Grendel is a dikoted robot, right?
grendel
Dikoted cyberzombie inhabited by a free spirit, thank you very much. And Mr. Juan, you can post Ludi further in her storyline, all the way up until she arrives at the bakery, then stop before she heads inside.
Mister Juan
QUOTE (grendel @ Mar 4 2009, 11:01 PM) *
Dikoted cyberzombie inhabited by a free spirit, thank you very much.

Oh, I beg your pardon!
Mister Juan
@Grendel
A few quick questions before I post:
-What direction is said figure facing? (toward Ludi, moving away from her, etc...)
-What is the closest available cover, and how far is it?
grendel
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Mar 11 2009, 01:04 PM) *
@Grendel
A few quick questions before I post:
-What direction is said figure facing? (toward Ludi, moving away from her, etc...)
-What is the closest available cover, and how far is it?

First, roll me some initiative. The figure is facing perpendicular to you, with his back to the Bakery. His head is turned toward's Ludi, though. Closest available cover is either the corner of the Bakery, five meters in front of you or the corner of the alleyway where Ludi parked, five meters behind her.
Mister Juan
@Grendel
Initiative rolls: 4,6,3,3,2,2
Hits: 1
Initiative Score: 7
#of IP: 1

If the figure fires on Ludi before she can act, she'll go Full Defense, going for a dive roll to cover.
grendel
Goblin Alfa is going at 12. Goblin Bravo is going on 11.

Goblin Alfa uses a simple action to sprint. Goblin Bravo bursts onto the scene on his Thundercloud Contrail and fires a pair of bursts from his SCK Model 100. The SCK has an internal smartgun link and the ganger has added a gas vent 3 to the weapon.

Range is medium (-1).
Attacker in a moving vehicle (-3).
Attacker using smartlinked weapon (+2).
Total modifier (-2).

First burst: wide burst (-2 to dice pool to dodge)
Agility + Automatics (8-2=6): 6, 6, 1, 1, 6, 4 (3 hits)

Second burst: narrow burst (+2 to DV)
Additional recoil penalty (-2).
Agility + Automatics (8-4=4): 3, 3, 3, 1 (0 hits)
Mister Juan
QUOTE (grendel @ Mar 13 2009, 11:53 PM) *
Goblin Alfa is going at 12. Goblin Bravo is going on 11.

Goblin Alfa uses a simple action to sprint. Goblin Bravo bursts onto the scene on his Thundercloud Contrail and fires a pair of bursts from his SCK Model 100. The SCK has an internal smartgun link and the ganger has added a gas vent 3 to the weapon.

Range is medium (-1).
Attacker using smartlinked weapon (+2).
Total modifier (-2).

First burst: wide burst (-2 to dice pool to dodge)
Agility + Automatics (8-2=6): 6, 6, 1, 1, 6, 4 (3 hits)

Second burst: narrow burst (+2 to DV)
Additional recoil penalty (-2).
Agility + Automatics (8-4=4): 3, 3, 3, 1 (0 hits)

I take it this is the part I roll Full Defense wink.gif
Mister Juan
Big Nice Dive Roll to cover (Full Gymnastic Dodge)
Reaction + Gymnastics + Synthacardium = DP 7
-2 due to Wide Burst
Total DP: 5
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1979189/
Hits: 2

Soaking (Armored Jacket 8/6)
Ballistic Protection + Body : DP 12
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1979193/
Hits: 7 hits

Free Action once it comes up: Activate Wired Reflexes

grendel
Roll initiative again.
Mister Juan
Dice Pool: 8
Initiative rolls: 1,2,2,4,4,6,1,3
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1983696/
Initiative Score: 9
#of IP: 2

So much for Wired Reflexes....
I'm REALLy short on time tonight. I'll post action and IC tomorrow (unless you post something tonight)
Mister Juan
@Grendel
I'm still slightly unsure as to “where� Ludmilla is in relation to, well... everything, but I'll just wing it anyways nyahnyah.gif Combat is supposed to be a bit confusing, after all!
So!
-If there is cover available, Ludi will move to it.
-If she has a target, Ludmilla will Quickdraw her Ares Predator and double tap him.
-If she has no target, she'll simply Ready her Ares Predator, and hold a Fire Weapon action until the end of the round. If by the end of the round, she hasn't used her Simple Action, she'll use it to ready her flashpak with her free hand.

Simple Action 1: Quickdraw Ares Predator
Dicepool: Pistol + Reaction
Rolls:5,6,6,5,6,1,2,4,5
5 hits
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1986651/

Extended Simple Action 1: Fire Weapon (Ares Predator IV) 14/15 Regular
Target: Closest individual
Dicepool: Pistol + Agility + Smartlink
Rolls: 6,4,6,2,6,6,6,1,4,3,4,6,4
6 hits
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1986657/
AP: -1
Base DV: 5P

Simple Action 2: Fire Weapon (Ares Predator IV) 13/15 Regular
Target: Closest individual
Dicepool: Pistol + Agility + Smartlink – SA recoil
Rolls: 3,6,3,1,2,5,3,1,4,2,3,6
3 hits
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1986660/
AP: -1
Base DV: 5P

grendel
This time both antagonists are going at 11.

Goblin Alfa takes cover behind the open car door of a Mercury Comet and fires off a single round from his Ares Predator IV.

Range is medium (-1).
Ludi is under cover (-4).
Alfa is taking cover (-1).
Smartlink (+2).
Total modifier (-4).

Agility + Automatics (8-4=4): 4, 2, 4, 2 (no hits)

Goblin Bravo fires off a single burst from his SCK.

Range is medium (-1).
Smartlink (+2).
Simple action taken to aim (+1).
Total modifier (-5).

Wide burst (-2 dice pool to dodge)
Agility + Automatics (8-5=3): 6, 2, 4 (1 hit)
Mister Juan
Ranged Dodge:
DP: Reaction
-2 due to Wide Burst
Total DP: 2
Rolls: 4, 6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1992827/

Ludi will fire her two shots at Goblin Bravo.
grendel
Ludi is suffering -2 dice pool to both her shots due to range and taking cover.

Her first shot then has only 5 hits.

Goblin Bravo rolls 3 hits on his dodge. Damage is 7P / -1 AP. Goblin Bravo is wearing a camouflage suit (8/6). Body plus armor is 12. Final dice pool is 11.

3, 4, 2, 3, 3, 6, 2, 5, 5, 4, 1 (3 hits)

Ludi's second shot has 2 hits.

Goblin Bravo rolls 1 hit to dodge. Damage is 6P / -1 AP. Dice pool for damage resistance is still 11.

5, 2, 2, 6, 4, 6, 3, 6, 6, 3, 6 (6 hits)

End of first pass.

Goblin Alfa on his second pass fires two shots at Ludi.

First shot.
Range is medium (-1).
Smartlink (+2).
Total modifier (-4).

Agility + Automatics (8-4=4): 6, 4, 6, 4 (2 hits)

Base damage is 5P / -1 AP.

Second shot.
Range is medium (-1).
SA recoil (-1).
Smartlink (+2).
Total modifier (-5).

Agility + Automatics (8-5=3): 4, 5, 3 (1 hit)

Goblin Bravo makes a complex action to control his motorcycle.

Reaction + Bikes + Handling + AR augmentation - Wound modifiers (7+3+2+1-1=12; threshold of 3): dice pool is enough to purchase success.
Mister Juan
Ranged Dodge
Rolls: 4,2,5,4
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1994583/

Ballistic Soak
DP: 12-1 (AP)
Rolls: 6,3,6,1,2,1,5,3,3,5,3
Hits: 4 hits
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1994585/

Damage Taken: 2S

Ranged Dodge
Rolls: 2,6,6,4
Hits: 2
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1994588/

No Damage

IP2
Shooting at Goblig Bravo
Free Action: Called Shot (bypass Armor -4DP)
Simple 1: Aim (+1 DP)
Simple 2: Fire at Goblin Bravo (with full edge), 12/15
DP: 13+4-4+1 : 14 -1 (range) - 1 (cover) : 12
Rolls:4,3,2,5,1,2,1,6,6,2,1,6
Hits: 4
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1994602/

Rerolling 6s (3)
Rolls: 3,1,6
Hits:1
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1994606/

Total Hits: 5, -4 at Ballistic Armor, DV 5, AP -1

How far is the end of the alley? As in, if Ludi decides to turn around, and run to the end of the alley, does she think she can make it?
Mister Juan
I swear, if Ludi gets out of this, it's AK 97, with APDS and frag grenades, ALL THE TIME.
bclements
Carrying an AK means never having to say you're sorry grinbig.gif
Cthulhu449
The temperature receptors and restlessness simulators are obviously just flavor, I have no such cyber enhancements that offer any real benefit, it just made sense.

Rod and I will station ourselves where the target is in sight and wait for the other runner's truck to show up. I am just riffing the description off the google maps visual street thing for the area, and it seems like there are deserted places to have a stakeout near that street. If I mistakenly have us in the wrong place, or what I describe is impossible, let me know and I will edit, I didn't see any specific location for the container mentioned.

Hopefully they are coming today; I suppose we can take turns resting in the car if it goes into the night, but we'd look like some real jackass shadowrunners chilling in a parking lot for days on end.
bclements
QUOTE (Cthulhu449 @ Mar 30 2009, 11:58 PM) *
we'd look like some real jackass shadowrunners chilling in a parking lot for days on end.

I'm going to have to use 'Jackass Shadowrunner' more often. grinbig.gif

The flavor's fine btw.
Cthulhu449
Haha, sounds good. I figure they are probably going to have to restart the CLUE files for me here soon anyway, but I don't want the entry on Leo's run to start with "he waited in a parking lot for four days".
Cthulhu449
The only thing Leo is specifically watching for are drones that seem out of place (tons of guns, on fire, shifty eyes, etc), or loaders/trucks going near "our" container. If there aren't many people working the docks, I will watch out for people as well. Otherwise, Leo is just on "passive alert."

Are these loaders automated trucks? Do they have any manual control for meta use from what I can see? Is the site as a whole relatively automated, so few meatbags around to yell for the Star when the drek goes down? Do I wish I had had more time to legwork these questions earlier rather than on site? (hint: yes).

Also this emoticon is perfect, I am doing this the whole time:

rotate.gif

Anyway, not sure if that requires a roll per item, will just put up one to start and add more if needed:

[ Spoiler ]
grendel
Goblin Bravo ranged dodge: Reaction (6) + Running (2) - 1 (wounds) = 7

1, 5, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6 (4 hits)

Final DV: 6P / -5 AP. Goblin Bravo damage resistance: Body (4) + Armor (8) - AP (5) = 7

1, 3, 4, 4, 4, 3, 2 (0 hits)

Goblin Bravo edges to reroll failures. (Edge 2, 1 remaining)

6, 5, 2, 5, 6, 6, 4 (5 hits)

Final damage: 1S
Total damage: 5S

Roll initiative. The end of the alleyway is fifteen meters away from Ludi's current position.
Cthulhu449
Hey all,

So I was looking at the "special projects" thread and saw the entry on a Shadowrun Stock Exchange. I was thinking, what if we went to a site like Virtual Stock Exchange and create a game. Each of us makes a portfolio for one of the iconic companies in the universe, until they are all assigned. The portfolio will consist of "subsidiaries" which are real companies that most closely match the subsidiaries for the selected SR company as described in Corporate Download sourcebook (we can all have fun deciding here on the boards what companies are most like evil Aztlan subsids for instance). Then we let the thing loose, the companies do better or worse depending on actual market forces, and anytime we see a big piece of news for a subsidiary in the portfolio, we post a similar inspired story on Shadowland (what's that, Astrazenica ie EvilBiologics Inc, the Aztlan subsidiary just went through a merger! Sounds fishy to me, Shadowland ho!) It would behoove us to pick some companies that aren't exactly stable so we get more "cool results".

Anyway, let me know what you think. Seems like it could be a nifty community building thing, and maybe even educational, so there is that negative.
Mister Juan
Turn 2
Current state: 2S
Predator Ammo: 12/15
Initiative: 8

Ludi will start to move away from the two shooters and toward the end of the alley.
If anyone attacks her before it is her turn, she'll go full defense, again.

Full Dodge
Rolls: 1,4,6,5,6,4,3,3
Hits: 3

Mister Juan
*hugs* Grendel.
grendel
Goblin Alfa initiative:

1, 3, 4, 3, 2, 4, 3, 5 (1 hit): 9

Goblin Bravo initiative:

2, 5, 4, 6, 5, 1, 6 (4 hits): 12

Goblin Bravo will fire off a single wide burst from his SCK.

Range is medium (-1).
Smartlink (+2).
Simple action taken to aim (+1).
Wounds (-1)
Total modifier (-6).

Wide burst (-2 dice pool to dodge)
Agility + Automatics (8-6=2): 3, 4 (0 hits)

Goblin Alfa will fire two shots from his Ares Predator IV.

First shot:

Range is medium (-1).
Smartlink (+2).
Total modifier (-4).

Agility + Automatics (8-4=4): 4, 2, 6, 6 (2 hits)

Second shot:

Range is medium (-1).
Smartlink (+2).
Recoil (-1).
Total modifier (-5).

Agility + Automatics (8-5=3): 2, 6, 5 (2 hits)
Mister Juan
Turn 2
IP #1
Current state: 2S
Predator Ammo: 12/15
Initiative: 8

As per the previous post, Ludi will go on Full Dodge, and start to run away from the two shooters and toward the end of the alley.

Full Dodge (Rolls from previous post)
Rolls: 1,4,6,5,6,4,3,3
Hits: 3

Full Dodge 2
Rolls:4,2,3,4,2,4,3,4
Hits: 0

7P
Ballistic Armor 8-1AP = 7

Damage is converted to Stun

Ranged Resistance DP: 11
Rolls: 5,5,5,4,5,3,5,2,6,3,2
Hits: 6

Damage Taken: 1S
Total Damage taken: 3S

IP#2
Taking into account that running speed for a human is 25/m per turn, divided by Ludi's 2 IPs, thats 12.5 meters covered during the first IP. That would put her about 2.5m away from the mouth of the alley.

Initiative Score: 8-1 (wounds) : 7

As usual, if anyone shoots at her before it is her time to act, she'll go on full ranged dodge, and dive to the nearest cover she can find.

grendel
Sixty days until Gen Con, ladies and gentlemen! Fourth annual LitS Midnight Madness game on Saturday! Shadowrun's 20th anniversary!
grendel
Oh, and you're free to post Mr. Juan.
Cthulhu449
Noooooooooo the tourney is sold out! Do they plan on having any more tickets/tables? Any guesses on generic acceptance? I hope so, I convinced all of my old group to come along this year so we can win our second championship.
grendel
We always try and have a reserve GM or two on hand in case we get players showing up with generics. Which we always do. So you'll probably be in luck. Who knows, you might be really lucky and I might have to step in and GM. vegm.gif
Cthulhu449
Haha, that's a gamble we'll have to take.
WinterRat1
Hey all, I'm sorry to report that Ronin, Bandit, and myself will not be at GenCon this year due to work/money issues, and thus will not be making the annual LITS Midnight Madness game. Judging from the laughs and fun we've had together the last few years, I know we'll be missing out big time. frown.gif

But we expect to be back next year and ready to play! Have fun everyone!
grendel
You are the suck! Now what am I going to do Saturday night when tournament ends?
WinterRat1
Your girlfriend will be there this year, won't she? You could spend a night at GenCon with her...not gaming! eek.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012