Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
Vegas
QUOTE (grendel @ May 2 2008, 01:58 AM) *
Back online and up to speed, although I won't resume to full posting speed until 05 May. It's good to be home.

Glad to know you made it home safe! Welcome back! biggrin.gif
WinterRat1
Welcome home Grendel!

Oh and for my own reference, can I still reach you at the phone number I have on file should the need arise?
Cedric Rolfsson
I'll be fine fronting that cost. I assume we don't have to do anything bizarre to get a low cost apartment for a couple of days or a week without any kind of background/SIN check and we can just write that into a narrative IC post which moves us to the next scene?

How are we going to set up this ambush, WR? We've got a surviellance rigger and a magician available now but I'm not sure what's the best method for locating the kid? Maybe a Locate Person Extended range spell? Or some kind of Locate person Ritual magic?
grendel
Yes, same phone number works.

And renting a low lifestyle apartment is pretty simple, they don't ask too many questions as long as you've got the nuyen.
bclements
So we have to wait till at least the 5th for the Otomo at the airport? wink.gif

Good to see you back and well.
WinterRat1
How are we going to set up this ambush, WR? We've got a surviellance rigger and a magician available now but I'm not sure what's the best method for locating the kid? Maybe a Locate Person Extended range spell? Or some kind of Locate person Ritual magic?

Ritual Magic will take too long for us to rely on, and the Locate Person Spells, even with Extended Range, suck. Say the guy has Magic 6 and casts at Force 6, that'd be 6*6*10 = 360 meters. Whoopdy freaking doo. I hate the Detection spells in this game. Seriously.

I'm thinking blanket the area with watchers and use the drones to watch the roads. Maybe summon up a Spirit with the Search power would work too.
Cedric Rolfsson
At 5000 for a day I'm a little wary of hiring another magician to help out but maybe that's the best course? Ask Shard if he's got a friend we could rely on to help us in the search and take down. I don't see anyway for us not to be out gunned, maybe an extra magician is the best course of action?
WinterRat1
If we do this right, we should be fine. We really only need to worry about Stunballing the car with Roberto in it. Any other opposition can be taken out with extreme prejudice.

Honestly, it’s Erebus’s money and he’s already done a ton to make this work, so Dragon wouldn’t say anything regardless, because he already feels he owes Erebus big time. Of course, if you want to keep adding on to the bill by hiring another mage to further guarantee success, Dragon won’t say no, and he’ll just add it to the bill in his head of what he owes Erebus. Which is getting higher by the moment, it seems. smile.gif
Slipshade
WR1 and Sedna - Umm, would it be safe to move Sedna's character forward so we can start playing again. smile.gif

I know, I know put up a flavor post, but there is only so much flavor one can add to running up a flight of stairs. smile.gif
WinterRat1
I emailed Sedna twice already (maybe 3 times, can't remember), I'll try calling her a couple times this week. If I don't get a response from her, I'll bump the action forward somehow.
Slipshade
Much Appreciated!
Cthulhu449
Some rolls if necessary:

Computer to check the comm:
[ Spoiler ]

Hardware to look in comm:
[ Spoiler ]

I'm going to get a looksee at everything too, just to figure out what exactly it is I have in my hands (stat it as best I can).
WinterRat1
Scrapheap and Slipshade – I have not been able to get a hold of Sedna. In the meantime, I will have Alleycat hold action so we can keep moving. Scrapheap, it’s back to you for CT 5, IP 3.

Cedric – Are you waiting on me, or am I still waiting on you? I don’t think we resolved our plan of action or our discussion on whether or not to try and hire another magician.
Cedric Rolfsson
I don't know, do you want me to post us moving to the area and setting up a base of operations or do you want to do it? I'm not going ot hire another magician at this point. I'm just worried about making sure we find Roberto before he gets to Airport Knox
WinterRat1
do you want me to post us moving to the area and setting up a base of operations or do you want to do it?

Go ahead and move us forward.
Scrapheap
WR1-
[ Spoiler ]

-S
WinterRat1
Scrapheap –
[ Spoiler ]

WinterRat1
Scrap and Cedric - Waiting on each of you respectively.
bclements
Cthulhu,

For the comm.:
[ Spoiler ]

As for the ‘fat of the land’:
[ Spoiler ]
bclements
I wish everyone a safe and happy holiday weekend.
Cedric Rolfsson
WR- Sorry, friend of mine hit on motorcycle last week, he just died yesterday. Will get back to this later.
WinterRat1
QUOTE (Cedric Rolfsson @ May 27 2008, 01:34 PM) *
WR- Sorry, friend of mine hit on motorcycle last week, he just died yesterday. Will get back to this later.

Dude, I'm really sorry to hear that. Take all the time you need. Grendel and I will still be here when you get back. My condolences to you and your friend's family. Take care.
grendel
Down comms from 09 Jun 08 to 13 Jun 08. Crazy posting to resume after that.
grendel
Back online.
WinterRat1
Sedna and Scrapheap - Still waiting on you two.

Cedric - I don't want to rush you, but do you have any updates on your anticipated return date?
Cedric Rolfsson
Ya, I'm back sorry. Mishka was a friend of mine for about the last 15 years. I understand he was struck from behind while attempting to turn into his driveway. Dude, life sucks sometimes.

Anyway, I'm back update me, do I need to do an IC post to get us to the flop house?
WinterRat1
Cedric - Hey man, really sorry to hear that, that just...sucks is all I can say. My condolences to you and yours, I hope your friend's family is doing ok.

Yeah basically we're just waiting on an IC post from you to take us to the flop house of your choice, where we'll set up and then wait for Grendel to roll us out from there.

Oh and FYI, Vegas is going to be taking over Sybersnake as a PC, so depending on where she's at with her character creation, she (Vegas) may or may not join us for the extraction of Roberto. To be clearer, Sybersnake will be with us no matter what, it's just that she will either be NPC'd by Grendel or PC'd by Vegas.
Vegas
QUOTE (WinterRat1 @ Jun 24 2008, 10:05 AM) *
Oh and FYI, Vegas is going to be taking over Sybersnake as a PC, so depending on where she's at with her character creation, she (Vegas) may or may not join us for the extraction of Roberto. To be clearer, Sybersnake will be with us no matter what, it's just that she will either be NPC'd by Grendel or PC'd by Vegas.

Scary thought I know, but right now I'm trying to do the character justice in her build smile.gif Might be a little while longer, we'll see what I can do to pull her together on the speedier side.

Cedric - I'm truly sorry to hear about your friend, what a tough and painful loss for everyone who he touched. My heart is with each and every one of you.
Cedric Rolfsson
I'll get a post up in the next day or so then.

Ya, I feel bad for his wife, think what it must be like to drive into that driveway and look out on the lawn where he effectively was killed everyday. If it were me I'd sell the dam house and move, I couldn't deal with it.
Slipshade
Vegas - Nice to see that you've joined us!

Now where is Scrapheap?
WinterRat1
Grendel - Is there anything in particular you're going to be waiting on us for, or can we move on to the extraction?

All - Hey Everyone, with GenCon upon us, we'll be having our annual LITS midnight madness game on Saturday night after the Shadowrun tournament is over. If you're interested, let me know and make sure I have your cell phone number so I can give you details.

Bandit, Tiredronin, myself, and Grendel will be there for sure.

DireRadiant and Cthulhu, I assume you two will be at Gencon and joining us as well. Have your cell phone numbers changed or are they same as last year?
Cthulhu449
I will be there, and my cell number is the same. Should be fun.
grendel
No, nothing more required. Do you need a post from me or do you want to move yourselves into surveillance/ambush positions first?
WinterRat1
I will be out of town from today, Aug. 3 through Sunday, Aug. 10. I will catch up on everything as soon as possible upon my return.
grendel
One week until GenCon! Come ready to party, this year's lineup promises to be a doozy!
DireRadiant
QUOTE (WinterRat1 @ Jul 28 2008, 07:35 PM) *
DireRadiant and Cthulhu, I assume you two will be at Gencon and joining us as well. Have your cell phone numbers changed or are they same as last year?

Same number.
grendel
I will be offline from Wednesday, 13 Aug 08 until Sunday, 17 Aug 08 for Gen Con. See you there!
WinterRat1
Hey Everyone –

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is I got back safely from my vacation on Sunday.

The bad news is I returned to find my computer had crashed.

Not being tech savvy myself, I can only go with the recommendation of my wife (computer science major) and brother-in-law that my ancient low-tech computer (a.k.a. The Affront to the SOTA Curve) is now best consigned to the scrapheap, and I should move on to the latest and greatest in modern computer technology.

I am only able to have computer access at work right now, and since I’m getting ready to leave for GenCon tomorrow night, I’ve spent most of my time catching up here from last week and getting things in order for when I leave.

I will try to carve out a block of time next week to catch up, even if I have to stay late at work to do so, and to get up and running on a new computer as soon as possible. My brother-in-law is currently hunting one down for me.

Since I’m leaving for GenCon tomorrow night, consider me down comms from this point until I surface again sometime next week. If anyone needs anything or has any questions, feel free to post them and I will get back to you ASAP upon my return.
DireRadiant
The "covert op" on the girls prep school shall be a cherished memory.
WinterRat1
"Don't waste my time telling me what your cherished memories are, peasant! I have a train to catch!"

- Something that might have been said by Baron Ngfhiqaugh (need help with the actual spelling Cthulhu!) rotfl.gif

EDIT: In case it needed to be said, those of you who weren't able to attend the LITS Midnight Madness 2008 game missed out big time. While I eagerly await Cthulhu's After Action Report, I regret to inform that some of the jokes (such as the one above) were things you kinda had to be there for.

The solution? Start planning to attend GenCon 2009! smile.gif
Cthulhu449
Ah, I believe you are referring to the world famous and highly esteemed Baron Ndfggduj of Lithuania.

I will see what can be done about a report.
Slipshade
Ahh, one of these years when the kids are a little older I will slip out of the house for a week to visit GenCon.
WinterRat1
Hey Everyone –

My apologies for my continued absence. Work has been really busy lately, leaving me unable to squeeze in time to post, and my lack of a home computer has continued to be a significant obstacle to my ability to post.

I’m going to make time to talk with my brother-in-law this week and finish specifying what I want on my new computer, so hopefully he can put in the order this week, I get my computer next week, and then I’ll be up and running next week or the week after.

That is my projected timetable, my apologies for the continued delay. When/where possible I will try to make time to post, but work has been hectic lately, so that goal is looking less like a realistic possibility and more like a ‘distant hope’, if you will. frown.gif

Never fear though, I shall return soon!

WinterRat1
WinterRat1
Hey Everyone –

My apologies for my continued absence. Work has been really busy lately, leaving me unable to squeeze in time to post, and my lack of a home computer has continued to be a significant obstacle to my ability to post.

I’m going to make time to talk with my brother-in-law this week and finish specifying what I want on my new computer, so hopefully he can put in the order this week, I get my computer next week, and then I’ll be up and running next week or the week after.

That is my projected timetable, my apologies for the continued delay. When/where possible I will try to make time to post, but work has been hectic lately, so that goal is looking less like a realistic possibility and more like a ‘distant hope’, if you will. frown.gif

Never fear though, I shall return soon!

WinterRat1
WinterRat1
Positive Update: My brother-in-law has found me a computer and should be ordering it in the next day or so. He says I should receive the computer a week or so after that. So hopefully my absence will not extend past 1-2 more weeks. smile.gif

Thanks again to everyone for your patience and understanding. Once again I offer my sincere apologies for the delay. I will be back and on track as soon as I am able.
Donum Moriarty
Grendel-

You requested two rolls from me.

1) First roll, to cast Improved Invisibility on myself (Force 1):

Spellcasting (5) + Magic (5) = 10 dice = 6,5,5,4,4,3,2,2,2,1

2) Drain Test (DV = 2):

Willpower (4) + Logic (4) = 8 dice = 6,6,5,3,3,2,1,1

If I need to do anything else, just let me know!

Thanks! smile.gif
grendel
In SR4, spell successes are limited by the fore of the spell, so a Force 1 Improved Invisibility will only allow one hit and thus anyone who scores more than two hits on a perception test will be able to see through the spell. I suggest at least a force 4. You can reroll with no penalty.
Donum Moriarty
QUOTE (grendel @ Oct 14 2008, 09:48 PM) *
In SR4, spell successes are limited by the fore of the spell, so a Force 1 Improved Invisibility will only allow one hit and thus anyone who scores more than two hits on a perception test will be able to see through the spell. I suggest at least a force 4. You can reroll with no penalty.

Rgr.

Ok, here we go again. smile.gif I will take your advice and go for 4 Force:

1) First roll, to cast Improved Invisibility on myself (Force 4):

Spellcasting (5) + Magic (5) = 10 dice = 6,6,6,5,4,3,2,2,1,1

2) Drain Test (DV = 3):

Willpower (4) + Logic (4) = 8 dice = 6,6,5,4,2,2,1,1

If I need to do anything else, just let me know!
Mister Juan
@Grendel

For the meet with Sascha

[ Spoiler ]

Ludmilla plans on calling Miki while on her way to the bakery to set up a meeting (or dinner... wtv wink.gif).
Would you like me to write that up?
grendel
Yes, my next planned event was at the bakery, so if she's calling Miki on the way there, you'll have to initiate that conversation.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012