Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
grendel
Speaking of time, I need you to dial back Remy's clock a bit. Having a customer come in is fine, just set the interaction at 1530 rather than almost 1600. I anticipate Joslyn showing up at the pawn shop soon and I don't want to do to many gyrations to get the timelines synched up appropriately.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (grendel @ Apr 30 2013, 10:11 PM) *
Speaking of time, I need you to dial back Remy's clock a bit. Having a customer come in is fine, just set the interaction at 1530 rather than almost 1600. I anticipate Joslyn showing up at the pawn shop soon and I don't want to do to many gyrations to get the timelines synched up appropriately.

No worries, i took a guess he was inbound and reconned 40 minutes would be right.

I'll drop a bit off now, cheers
ChromeZephyr
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Apr 30 2013, 09:00 AM) *
Or send Grendel a PM with a character concept and join in here ? we've just started at day one so shouldn't be too far behind smile.gif

Well, I'm juggling three characters already, so I think I'll just sit and read on this one. Not sure my writing is up to snuff enough, anyways. smile.gif
Vegas
I'm baaaaaaaaaack. You can run for the hills or throw flowers, you decide. smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Vegas @ Apr 30 2013, 11:33 PM) *
I'm baaaaaaaaaack. You can run for the hills or throw flowers, you decide. smile.gif

The Hills have eyes and I have allergies to pollen, Welcome back, was there a third option ?

oh yeah ... break out the explosives !

***EDIT***

What's the difference in the threads we got going now ? I can see two have different date stamps (separated by a week) but Mackenzies seems to be parallel.

confused ?
grendel
Karma Awards:

Morgannah: 0 pts (Apr 23rd - May 01st 2013)
BClements: 0 pts (Apr 23rd - May 01st 2013) [GM Bonus]
WinterRat1: 0 pts (Apr 23rd - May 01st 2013) [GM Bonus]
BanditF50: 0 pts (Apr 23rd - May 01st 2013)
Shadowrunner13: 0 pts (Apr 23rd - May 01st 2013)
DireRadiant: 0 pts (Apr 23rd - May 01st 2013)
Mister Juan: 1 pt (Apr 23rd - May 01st 2013)
Shadow: 0 pts (Mar 29th 2013 - Apr 23rd 2013)
Vegas: 1 pt (Apr 23rd - May 01st 2013)
Mach_Ten: 2 pts (Apr 23rd - May 01st 2013) [one point for excellent graphic design]
DeliciousD: 1 pt (Apr 23rd - May 01st 2013)
ChromeZephyr
Is the "Kovacs" NPC inspired in any way by Richard K. Morgan? My first thought when I read the name was "Oh, damn."
grendel
Hah! Found 'em. Training rules are listed on the Guidlines thread located here.

Is the "Kovacs" NPC inspired in any way by Richard K. Morgan? My first thought when I read the name was "Oh, damn."

Shhhh. I don't like to give away my sources. smile.gif
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Vegas @ Apr 30 2013, 06:33 PM) *

No. Fucking. Way.
This is so awesome, awesome is not enough of a word.
It's.... stupefying.
Mister Juan
Wait, is it Mac from the October Ravens????????
Vegas
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ May 1 2013, 09:30 PM) *
Wait, is it Mac from the October Ravens????????

MJ, you flatter me too much.

And yes, it's basically Mac from OR with a few tweaks (and no gang history) to make her more "interesting" for LitS. Grendel's already having a field day, as you might have seen wink.gif
Vegas
Grendel:

For purposes of time-stamping my next post, approx. how much time will pass before she shows up in front of Kovacs' door?

Thanks!
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (grendel @ May 1 2013, 10:21 PM) *
Karma Awards:

Mach_Ten: 2 pts (Apr 23rd - May 01st 2013) [one point for excellent graphic design]

And they said my degree in media and design studies wasn't worth the toilet two ply, recyclable paper it was printed on ! WooT biggrin.gif
Mister Juan
QUOTE (Vegas @ May 1 2013, 09:36 PM) *
MJ, you flatter me too much.

And yes, it's basically Mac from OR with a few tweaks (and no gang history) to make her more "interesting" for LitS. Grendel's already having a field day, as you might have seen wink.gif

I'm feeling all nostalgic now wink.gif
grendel
Vegas, the cab ride will be 22 minutes.
Vegas
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ May 2 2013, 10:59 AM) *
I'm feeling all nostalgic now wink.gif

I was too, which is why if I was coming back, I needed to play her. She was so much fun (while it lasted), but then so was that whole group!
Vegas
Perception Check outside Kovacs' address (if you want it) 7d6 - 1 damage mod, target (5): 5 6 2 2 2 6 = 3 hits.
grendel
I can't do anything about DitG, I tried to keep that game going as long as I could. But it was just too much for one GM to handle and no one wanted to give up being a player in order to help WinterRat. But I've got the power to keep LitS going, and I'm never going to give up on this game.

Vegas: the house is a single level over a one car garage, a set of stairs leading from the driveway up to the front door. The plot of land is small, butted up next to neighboring houses with identical floor plans. The lawn out front is well cared for, if generic. Tucked up under the eaves on either end of the front of the house are a pair of Centipede SAR drones.

Also, moving your reply to the Monday 08 Jan thread.
Vegas
QUOTE (grendel @ May 2 2013, 12:46 PM) *
I can't do anything about DitG, I tried to keep that game going as long as I could. But it was just too much for one GM to handle and no one wanted to give up being a player in order to help WinterRat. But I've got the power to keep LitS going, and I'm never going to give up on this game.

I know, I wish we all could have hung in a bit more or someone else was willing to step up to GM at least one portion of the game. It had so much damn potential and great players to boot.

Vegas: the house is a single level over a one car garage, a set of stairs leading from the driveway up to the front door. The plot of land is small, butted up next to neighboring houses with identical floor plans. The lawn out front is well cared for, if generic. Tucked up under the eaves on either end of the front of the house are a pair of Centipede SAR drones.

Also, moving your reply to the Monday 08 Jan thread.

Cool beans, didn't even think about it bouncing to the timeframe thread. I'm out for most of the rest of today/tonight, but I'll try to keep things moving.
Mister Juan
@Grendel
I'll have something up either tonight or tomorrow. I've been pretty busy with blood n guts in RL wink.gif
grendel
No worries. Weekend is going to be pretty busy for me as well.
grendel
Mach_Ten: Remy is free to interact with Joslyn. It will have been about twenty minutes since the dwarf left.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (grendel @ May 3 2013, 06:15 AM) *
Mach_Ten: Remy is free to interact with Joslyn. It will have been about twenty minutes since the dwarf left.

job done, let's see how impossibly wrong Remy can be in his assessment of Joslyn as an easy mark smile.gif

I think I've described the shop in previous posts DD, but not Remy so here ya go for some assist in your IC:

Standing not overly tall at 180cm he's lean and wiry for an Ork, not your usual bruiser but there is definite muscle tone there.

His movements are agile and confident, almost fluid as he reaches for items while moving.

Dressed in combat boots and pants and a vest top as it is quite warm in the shop, you can see the armoured vest underneath, gel packs formed to fit the contours of his body and maintain concealment and protection.

his skin does have a mild green tint to it, and the tusks that betray his heritage but they are fresh and cleaned although they seem to have an effect on his speech causing a mild lisp the becomes Da things becomes 'tings etc. it's not lack of intellect.

his black hair is scraped back into a tidy but loose pony-tail

no gang colours or tattoos etc. but a few scars that look almost surgical in nature if you spot them in the right light, they are fading fast though.

anythin else you needs ta know chummer ? just message me.
Vegas
@Grendel

Would love to know if Mac finds anything of "interest" as she's wandering the house/living room.
grendel
Roll me some perception for Remy and Joslyn please, visual modifiers apply.
grendel
Also, just had Dumpshock eat a post that I'd been working on for the better part of an hour. Brings me back to the lessons learned when I was posting on these threads at a more frequent pace. I highly recommend drafting your post in a text editing program (of your choice) then pasting them into the reply box. That will save you should anything untoward happen between hitting the 'submit' button and having your post appear in the thread.
DeliciousD
Probably a good idea, I lost a couple of posts...not due to Dumpshock messing up though, milady just decided to go looking at facebook without opening a new tab.

Intuition (4) + Perception (3) = (4, 5, 6, 6, 1, 4, 6) 4 hits...nice, I'm keeping these dice by the PC.
Mach_Ten
7d6.hits(5)=2
grendel
Remy and Joslyn can tell that all four of the men are dressed very similarly: combat boots, black cargo pants, heavy duty work shirts, gloves, and either armored jackets or lined coats. Only Joslyn is perceptive enough to see that all of them are armed as well, most likely heavy pistols.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (grendel @ May 4 2013, 03:05 PM) *
Remy and Joslyn can tell that all four of the men are dressed very similarly: combat boots, black cargo pants, heavy duty work shirts, gloves, and either armored jackets or lined coats. Only Joslyn is perceptive enough to see that all of them are armed as well, most likely heavy pistols.

kinda glad Remy didn't spot the guns to be honest, or cue "something Stupid" smile.gif
DeliciousD
Stupid can be fun...probably not too healthy in this situation though.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (DeliciousD @ May 4 2013, 08:52 PM) *
Stupid can be fun...probably not too healthy in this situation though.

in the absense of any thoughts better than just handing it over and letting them go, the sixteen year old acts true to form.

this I think can go one of three ways, two of them we survive smile.gif for the third option, I apologise to you and Uncle Danny biggrin.gif what was it we said about surviving the week ?

DeliciousD
There is a back door to this place right?
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (DeliciousD @ May 5 2013, 06:01 PM) *
There is a back door to this place right?

Lol yeah
grendel
Vegas: it's 1100 on a Monday, there's no one at the valet stand because the club doesn't open for another eight hours.
Vegas
Damn, got carried away. Editing. biggrin.gif
Vegas
Done.
grendel
No worries. It would be a mistake Mac would be likely to make, given the strange turn of events over the past few days and how unsettled she is.
Mister Juan
@Grendel
I almost had Ludi call her Lonestar contact for info wink.gif Seems I wasn't the only one who thought of that.
Vegas
@grendel

What kind of place is Inspire on a cursory-glance kind of summation?
grendel
High end classy bar that turns nightclub after the sun goes down, very modern furnishings, all chrome, black glass and dark wood paneling. A place Mac would never have chosen for lunch and someplace she never would have guessed Kovacs would either.
Vegas
QUOTE (grendel @ May 6 2013, 09:22 PM) *
High end classy bar that turns nightclub after the sun goes down, very modern furnishings, all chrome, black glass and dark wood paneling. A place Mac would never have chosen for lunch and someplace she never would have guessed Kovacs would either.

Awesome, was hoping you'd say something like that. Post forthcoming.
Mach_Ten
@Grendel,

Hope you don't mind I made the assumption that Remy would have taken a transfer copy of the data from his simrig when he met JW & EIGHT

I didn't think about it at the time, SR4A wifi cloud and all I forgot the year etc.

If not I can change my IC to include a description for Joslyn, or actually thinking, get the shiny old/new simsense deck rigged up and do it that way

whatever gets the info across quickest smile.gif

@Vegas
loving the story so far, it just flows so well, making my writing feel awkward and raw ...

but then, Remy is awkward and raw and impulsive biggrin.gif so I guess it fits. just wanted to say, really enjoying it so far, keep up the good work
and... watch your back ... I'm almsot screaming sometimes that Kovacs has to be more than he appears! .. stay safe smile.gif
Vegas
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ May 7 2013, 05:48 AM) *
@Vegas
loving the story so far, it just flows so well, making my writing feel awkward and raw ...

but then, Remy is awkward and raw and impulsive biggrin.gif so I guess it fits. just wanted to say, really enjoying it so far, keep up the good work
and... watch your back ... I'm almsot screaming sometimes that Kovacs has to be more than he appears! .. stay safe smile.gif

Thanks! I feel like I'm still working out the kinks in getting back to PbP after a 4 year hiatus (seriously?!?!?). grendel definitely makes it easier smile.gif

Who knows, maybe we'll all cross paths in game....
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Vegas @ May 7 2013, 02:39 PM) *
Who knows, maybe we'll all cross paths in game....

That will make things a LOT easier on my writing skills,

I mean, how difficult is it to repeat : Remy drools and says "Fluurrrblle luuurbles luurbs!" while pointing at Mac's upper torso.

Simplez biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
okay

I'm officially freaked out,

DeliciousD is from round here somewhere .... and now looking at Vegas profile

your birthday is the day before mine ! ... AND I'm 37 this go around too ... what the actual frag ?! smile.gif
Vegas
Hah!

On a serious note. Life picks up for me the next couple of days. As much as I'm enjoying the hell out of posting again (shakes fist at grendel) I have to break myself of the habit of checking my phone every time it chimes with email in hopes it's from DSF. Have to make a living off of putting makeup on pretty girls in lingerie before they have their pictures taken. wink.gif

I'll try to stay on top of posts, but since it's a bitch to do it from my phone... might be slower in response time.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (Vegas @ May 7 2013, 02:50 PM) *
words ...
Have to make a living off of putting makeup on pretty girls in lingerie before they have their pictures taken. wink.gif
more words....

I officially hate you twirl.gif

##EDIT## found the bit where you say you have boobs... okay I'll amend the above to a general disdain, don't want to ruin things this early in a relationship biggrin.gif
grendel
Finally got back on to the forums. Vegas is a MUA? Wonders never cease. I would say pix or it didn't happen, but I know how those shoots go. Also, copy all about your upcoming schedule, the end of the week is busy for me as well. Post when you can.

Also, wanted to mention that Joslyn sees the four men get into an older model Gaz-Willys Nomad SUV.

And Remy still has a copy of the simrig recording resident in his firmware, but you'll have to pull out a simdeck in order to translate it into something visual for Joslyn.
Vegas
I am an MUA. Extra props to you for knowing the "lingo" wink.gif

Schedule cleared up for tomorrow, weekend will be nuts from Thursday night on due to birthday celebrations and work.

Edit:
I'd be down for sharing my work, but I don't know what the DSF gremlins would say. Plus it would then become FAR too easy for anyone with a little extended google-fu to find out all my personal contact info wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012