Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (grendel @ Jun 5 2013, 10:21 PM) *
Remy is up on 17 again.

Same again, try to subdue this guy, get him defenseless or on the floor out of the way of more dangerous (see - Armed) people
Unarmed (with Edge) Stun -1
(7d6.hitsopen(5,6)=2)

Balls, was hoping for something good here.
Vegas
Yay karma! biggrin.gif
grendel
QUOTE (Mach_Ten @ Jun 6 2013, 02:36 AM) *
Same again, try to subdue this guy, get him defenseless or on the floor out of the way of more dangerous (see - Armed) people
Unarmed (with Edge) Stun -1
(7d6.hitsopen(5,6)=2)

Balls, was hoping for something good here.

He has two hits as well, no net effect since this isn't a touch attack. You're in melee with him, but can't get a good enough grip to force a lock on him. Post the results as desired. Noland and Xade will be up next.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (grendel @ Jun 6 2013, 11:12 PM) *
He has two hits as well, no net effect since this isn't a touch attack. You're in melee with him, but can't get a good enough grip to force a lock on him. Post the results as desired. Noland and Xade will be up next.

I'm half expecting an Ares Alpha to the back of the skull from Noland at this point biggrin.gif... IC will reflect that when I get chance,

works a bit manic this week and I'm working up a campaign for my World of Darkness group when we start in a couple weeks,
a man only has so many creative channels and I think the nice weather is causing mine to dry up a bit smile.gif
grendel
Sorry for the delay in posting everyone, I've been prepping for a move cross country and it's almost time to get on the road. I'm going to try and be on at least once a day until next Monday, the 17th. From then until the 4th of July it's going to be spotty. I'll do my best to post once we get to a hotel at night, but there's no guarantee that I won't just pass out from driving all day. Bear with me and I'll have the game up and booming again in July.
grendel
17: Remy
Free: communicate
Complex: grapple (0 net hits)

16: Noland
[2S]
Free: take aim
Simple: burst
Simple: burst

15: Xade
[3P]
Free: take aim
Simple: SA gunshot
Simple: SA gunshot

15: Alpha
[5P]
Simple: three round burst
Simple: three round burst

15: Bravo
Dead

15: Charlie
Dead

15: Delta
Movement: retreat from the store
Simple: take aim
Simple: semi-automatic grenade launch. The grenade is 1 meter left of intended point of impact. Noland is the only one caught in the blast.

7: Danny

Remy is actually up again since Joslyn only had one pass and he's using the rest of the time to bleed and curse. Possibly in that order.
DeliciousD
Bleeding, cursing and running away!
Vegas
Tonight's a good night. Went to the baseball game and we won, we're in triple OT for the Stanley Cup and there are posts to read and reply to.

Yup. Life is good wink.gif

This message brought to you by a slightly drunk Vegas. biggrin.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (grendel @ Jun 12 2013, 09:02 PM) *
Remy is actually up again since Joslyn only had one pass and he's using the rest of the time to bleed and curse. Possibly in that order.

I was expecting to be in a similar situation, with the bleeding and the running, and the cursing

fortunately .. I was deemed to be a low threat target and Noland has taken one (and more) for the team.... well done that Man Ork

okay, on my last go, I'll be chasing down the guy (Delta) legging it out the back and checking Danny is okay?
on the way if I can grab a weapon from the dead guy on the floor

Free Action: Movement
Complex: (Gymnastics and grabbing a weapon)
Gymnastics : 15
3 boxes STUN : -1
(14d6.hits(5)=7)
grendel
Both of the dead men's weapons are on slings attached to their load bearing gear. Give me a Strength + Body roll for Remy if he wants to try and break the hardware to grab one on the go. Otherwise, if he stops to disconnect the sling, he won't make it out the door.
Mach_Ten
sorry, that was meant to be a question, not a statement, "If Remy can grab a weapon?" I realised I was being rude and should have editted post

But, that said, thanks for the chance

"GGGNNNNHHH! Rembrandt SMUSH!"

STR + BOD = 13
stun -1
(12d6.hits(5)=5)

"RRWWAAAWRR, PUNY Straps!"

@Joslyn, I may be adding one and one and getting thirteen here, but... you think this is the weird kid ? his minions I mean ?
grendel
That'll be enough to pop the sling mount and release one of the SMGs.

Reaction to dodge for Remy please.

Echo (delayed action)

Simple: burst (3 hits)
Simple: burst (2 hits)
Mach_Ten
no worries,

I was going to post something very very similar in IC, including the panic for Danny, and his shouted warning to look befrore rushing round the corner

it's like you read my mind !!

REA : Dodge bullets
(7d6.hits(5)=3)

REA : Dodge bullets defended once -1
(6d6.hits(5)=2)

I... ummm.... wow, I forgot my bonus for movement and any cover but seems I AM NEO !!

grendel
On his action, Delta is going to stagger into the Ares Roadmaster. Both Noland and Xade act, finishing off Alpha before he can continue firing. Both Danny and Remy are out of actions so it's time to roll initiative again.
Mach_Ten
Wow, one hit off a glitch

Init -1 stun
(11d6.hits(5)=1)

12 total

I think we can safely say, the Adrenaline boost has worn off and Remy is suddenly feeling the burn
OOC/OOC I'm out of town from tomorrow, will probably still be able to post from my phone for a couple days, but nothing hugely creative or long winded

as I will be with the missus walking with wolves

DeliciousD
I swear this invisible castle site hates me.

5d6.hits(5)=0

Init 7.
grendel
16: Noland
Simple: perceive in detail
Simple: reload
Movement: walk towards the rear of the store

15: Xade
Simple: perceive in detail
Movement: take cover by the doorway between the front and rear of the store

13: Echo
Simple: burst at Remy (3 hits)
Simple: burst at Remy (3 hits)

12: Remy
10: Delta
09: Danny
07: Joslyn

Remy's at an overall +3 to dodge (+4 for good cover, -1 for wounds).
Mach_Ten
Defense cover 4 stun -1
(10d6.hits(5)=4)

Defense cover 4 stun -1 defended once -1
(9d6.hits(5)=5)

"Frag me, Danny's gonna tear this outta my hide or my wages.... dunno which is worse !"

on his turn, Empty the mag in his general direction

Defaulting on Automatics here so 8 -1 damage =7 .. then minus recoil and firing from cover

lemme know a number smile.gif
grendel
The Ingram has 5 points of recoil comp, so you're looking at a -4 for a full auto burst, plus an additional -2 for firing from cover. A dice pool of one. Dangerous. smile.gif
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (grendel @ Jun 14 2013, 03:41 AM) *
The Ingram has 5 points of recoil comp, so you're looking at a -4 for a full auto burst, plus an additional -2 for firing from cover. A dice pool of one. Dangerous. smile.gif

No guts, no glory biggrin.gif

FULL AUTO
(1d6.hits(5)=0)

***CRITICAL GLITCH***
DeliciousD
I approve of the attempt, if not the result.

Who wants to live forever? Or ten minutes?
grendel
You can spend a point of edge to turn a critical glitch into a glitch if you so desire.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (grendel @ Jun 14 2013, 01:26 PM) *
You can spend a point of edge to turn a critical glitch into a glitch if you so desire.

Naaah call it a learning experience. Remy needs to feel the consequences once in a while else he gets cocky
grendel
Fair enough. Remy's taking a 12P/-2AP wound from the explosion. Resist with Body+Ballistic.
DeliciousD
You know they can put your brain in a cyborg body these days?...very snazzy.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (DeliciousD @ Jun 15 2013, 08:03 AM) *
You know they can put your brain in a cyborg body these days?...very snazzy.

That would indicate having a cranium full to begin with smile.gif ... Remy is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

RESIST : SMG IMPLOSION
Body = 5
Bone lace = 2
Armoured vest = 6
Lined Coat = 6
securetech PPP vitals = 1
AP -2
(18d6.hits(5)=7)

5P taken... A stern letter to Ares head office will be penned shortly regarding shoddy workmanship.

I am away from my stuff, so some of the numbers are guesswork, my apologies, please subtract dice from the pool as appropro.

What's the essence cost on a cyberhand these days? 0.3 remaining... Thats sarcasm btw, please don't blow my hand off
grendel
According to the sheet I have, Remy has a chameleon suit and form fit full body, so the numbers work out the same. I think I might be looking at your first draft rather than the finished sheet, though. Regardless, we'll go with 5P. I'll post the rest of the first pass today.
Mach_Ten
I used some creative license,

didn't think he'd be rolling around in the chameleon suit, and in one of my first posts ad him with a vest under his teeshirt and the lined coat,

theres other PPP gear but again I disgarded it as not in use until he will be "on the job!" At that time he'll have good reason to invest in it after today and to wear it a bit more often.

Basically an excuse to do a Mac/Kovacs. Shopping trip for shiny gear smile.gif

Hope that makes sense
DeliciousD
Haha, frag that was the worst combat performance I've ever had, and I usually play hackers with no combat skills...time for rum when I wake up methinks.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (DeliciousD @ Jun 17 2013, 09:02 AM) *
Haha, frag that was the worst combat performance I've ever had, and I usually play hackers with no combat skills...time for rum when I wake up methinks.

I can't believe after this, that I'm going to have a long and prosperous career as a shadow-runner smile.gif

@Grendel, I know the wounds are not that grave, but thanks for playing along with the "Dying Swan" act Remy is portraying,

I felt, as someone never exposed to that much damage that 50% of his health wiped out would warrant something more than a slap patch and a punch on the shoulder before "manning up"

Mister Juan
"Brrraaaiiiinnnnsss"

So yea, still alive smile.gif

On the wiki side of thing, I'm starting to think we're gonna have to transfer that whole damn mess to another service. Wikispaces now "suck ass" (yes, that is the technical term for it). I think we might be able to get away with just a plain jane wiki. So, that'll get fixed in the near future. If you've asked for access to the LitS wiki and I haven't granted it yet it's because the "free" version only allows us 5 members... which we currently have. Be patient, and once we (well, I) move everything over, you'll be able to read/edit/post/procrastinate

Vegas
Heh, if you're going after braaaaiiiiins, doesn't that equate to you being a Zombie and therefore not really alive? wink.gif

I'm barely breathing myself... however, if you want help moving/recreating the wiki somewhere else let me know and I'm happy to help out.

OhMyGodisitNovemberYet?!?!? (I can't wait for Wedding season to be over)
Mister Juan
So, the new account for the LitS wiki has been created (Thansk for Vegas for finding us a new home). Although there's pretty much nothing there yet (http://litsproject.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page), I'll do my best to start transporting over the LitS wiki (Good God! I've just realized that this is the 5th time I cover over the material... Come to think of it, I might even still have the old HTML files from Sedna's website from... 2004?)

Anyways! If you want to have access to it, you'll need to make accounts on shoutwiki and apply for membership to the LitS wiki.

So, beside the fact that shoutwiki seems about as user friendly as a kick in the balls (or the uterus, no sexism here), we should be back on track soon enough nyahnyah.gif
Vegas
Hopefully it won't be TOO bad. Again, let me know if there's anything I can do to help port things over. I took the day off for the 4th. As of 16 minutes ago, my business is closed until Friday morning. smile.gif
grendel
Awesome, thanks for sticking with the wikimaster responsibilities. I've successfully arrived back in San Diego after our two week long roadtrip, but I'm still unpacking. I hope to have posts up within the next couple of days. My apologies to all for the delay.
Mach_Ten
QUOTE (grendel @ Jul 5 2013, 11:04 AM) *
Awesome, thanks for sticking with the wikimaster responsibilities. I've successfully arrived back in San Diego after our two week long roadtrip, but I'm still unpacking. I hope to have posts up within the next couple of days. My apologies to all for the delay.

Welcome back smile.gif

I'm off to a cottage on a Scottish Island for a week, I imagine that any kind of connection for me will be terribad !
but I'll try and get online on my phone at some point to post

looking forward to Remy getting away from the autodoc and get cracking again smile.gif
Vegas
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 3 2013, 09:41 PM) *
If you want to have access to it, you'll need to make accounts on shoutwiki and apply for membership to the LitS wiki.

Hey MJ, do you want to hold off on ShoutWiki for a bit and not port over a TON of stuff? I'm looking into another possible option as I'm not finding SW as "intuitive" or "simple" as wikispaces was (or at least what we had gotten used to).

I'd hate to see a ton of work tossed into this one only to possibly move it again? Just a thought, if you're cool with this one, I'd say go for it.
Mister Juan
Well, it wouldn't be too much of a big deal. After all, most of the wiki is just text based with very little graphics.
Mister Juan
@Grendel
Well, that's one hell of a comeback post wink.gif

Is initiative still on or am I "free to post"?
Mister Juan
Cleaning up my SR stuff and just found this holy gem. It's from a time when WinterRat1 had a big ass scene planned and had enlisted a few players to take up NPC rolls. Since they had been created during SR3, we had to convert them.

WR1: Don't worry, no one will suffer unnecessarily (except perhaps Slipshade and Scrapheap) if you do a poor job converting. Whoops, Slipshade and Scrapheap ignore what I just wrote there.

MJ: Alright. Send one, or more, my way then! And by experimenting, does that mean we get to convert any character to a full cyborg who wields an ally spirit in the form of a monofilament whip?

BC: Nah man, dikote that ally and slap 'em in an AVS

WR1: Let me guess. Either way, you both want to have sex with it.

MJ: Red my mind.

BC: If you're going to go that far, there's really no point in not going just a bit farther.

Slipshade: Thanks guys....thanks a lot.
Vegas
LOL! rotfl.gif
Mister Juan
If I remember correctly, there's also a story somewhere in the OOC where a typo by Slipshade pretty much turned a whole scene into some implied "man on man steamy action".

I believe the debacle ended with Slipshade asking Scraphead, who was my LitS GM at the time, if he could kill me and grendel complaining he was now mentally scarred.

I swear, the LitS OOC had the best chatter wink.gif
Vegas
LitS: keeping it violent, twisted and classy since 2005.
Mister Juan
I'm zoning out in the earlier pages of the OOC thread. God, so much goodness.

Bclements: Tony's not yet in combat, right?
Grendel: He should be rolling initiative right...about...now.
Bclements: Glitch!
Grendel : Uh. Huh. This suddenly became more complex than I anticipated.
Vegas
Ok good, so I'm not the only one who went back to re-read stuff. wink.gif
grendel
QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 5 2013, 07:05 PM) *
@Grendel
Well, that's one hell of a comeback post wink.gif

Is initiative still on or am I "free to post"?

You are free to post!
DeliciousD
@grendel

Good to have you back.

I'm gonna be off to the caribbean for a few weeks over August...I've been dragged into going to a Governor General's daughter's wedding...that's only one day though so I should be able to get online a few times during the trip.
grendel
No worries, my job is about to pick up as well. Post when able and we'll keep the game rolling.
Vegas
@grendel - Realized I left out a chunk of that post which left it in a weird place and went back to edit, sorry.
Mister Juan
So, order of business! (just to make things clear in my head nyahnyah.gif)

-Get in touch with Mikhail. Tell him what happened: the firefight, the possibility they were followed or that someone told on them, Vadim's rather poor status. Send over the picture of the guy Vadim shot at the bottom of the stairs. Offer to stash the chemist at her safehouse. Ask if there's a way to get new plates and transponder chip for her car, since it's probably burnt now.
-Stop at a parking garage to:
-Smoke a cigarette
-Try some basic first aid on Vadim
-Interrogate the Chemist
-Stop by a pharmacy: get stim patches, a bottle of painkillers and caffeine pills....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012