Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Living in the Shadows: SR 4 OOC
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52
bclements
Grendel:

The actual building is set toward the back of the lot, leaving most of the acreage for parking space. The lot's fully fenced (chain link), with some razorwire on top around the gate and toward the back where the building comes close to the fence. There are security cameras by the gate, which has a keypad for entrance, but no other obvious ones. There aren't any drones patrolling at the moment, either.

As for cars, there's a C-N Patrol 1 with "SECURITY" marked around it parked near the front entrance of the building. About seven to ten other passenger cars (Honda Spirits and Mercury Comets in various stages of repair) are parked close to the building also. The cargo trucks look to be a mix of Bulldog and Workhorse cargo hauling varients, mainly short range and intracity medium-hauling trucks. There aren't any markings on these vehicles. Vedic can't see the cargo vans' plates, but he can make out the cars from where he's at.

The sign shows the leasing agent as a Lisa Hammarich, as well as a contact LTG number.

WinterRat1
Bclements and Mister Juan - You are now active and in control of your respective NPCs.

Slipshade, Scrapheap, Bclements, Mister Juan - Any of you are free to post at this point and may post at will/as appropriate.

Important Announcement

At this time, for all intents and purposes, all NPCs controlled by my volunteers are considered to be PCs for the purposes of the Character Interaction Guidelines. Therfore, the character interaction guidelines ARE CONSIDERED TO BE IN EFFECT for not only John and Max, but ALL player controlled NPCs as well. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

(Note: That's basically me saying that no matter how intense/aggressive conversation gets between the PCs, volunteer NPCs, and upcoming volunteer NPCs [ETG and Blaze] I don't want any of you randomly pulling weapons on each other and gunning each other down. wink.gif )
grendel
WinterRat1 has asked me to take over organizing the Living in the Shadows gathering at GenCon Indy this year. The con is a busy time and we don't want to interfere with anyone's ability to participate in scheduled events. I'd like to make the initial plan to gather at 1800 in the Shadowrun Room. It's not published in the current event catalog, but it'll be apparent in the program. The 1400 games should be finishing up, and the tournament doens't start until 1900. If people are available we can do dinner that night or possibly Saturday night. Plans are flexible. Stay tuned for more information as the Con approaches.
Mister Juan
I wish I could go.... but it's so.......... far.....
bclements
The initial plan is on Thursday?
grendel
Friday. I'm anticipating people not being able to travel on Wednesday in order to arrive in time on Thursday. If everyone's going to be available on Thursday, though, we can meet earlier.
WinterRat1
Slip –

I was reading the posts so far, and I wanted to clear something up for the volunteers and myself. If I am reading you correctly, this is how your post breaks down:

This part is Max’s explanation of how he and John ended up at Mr. Cao’s:

"Hopefully not much to tell you the truth. Two days ago my friend Keira McKay was abducted from The Respite Soup Kitchen. I do not know why, but I think it has something to do with a clinic. I tracked her and another girl astrally to this location where their trail ended at the Astral Barrier set up outside. My friend and I did some legwork and found that you and your people here seemed to be on the up and up, so we wanted to know what you know about our friends."

This part is just Max giving a description of what Keira and Nora physically look like:

Max proceeds to give their hosts a full description of both Keira and Nora and waited to see how they responded.

So as far as Knight, Mr. Cao, and Lady Dove are concerned, the first part is all that Max told them about the events of the last several days. You are not trying to say that Max has told the trio everything that has happened since this all started, ONLY what he revealed in the first section, which he then follows up with a complete physical description in the second section. Am I correct in understanding your post?

BTW, this is just so the volunteers and I have a clear understanding of what Max actually said (since you didn’t write everything out, which is perfectly fine and understandable, I just want to make sure we’re all in agreement on what you meant) so we know how to respond appropriately. Please confirm or clarify my breakdown. Thanks!

Volunteers – Feel free to not wait for a response from Slip before posting if you are ready to respond, since you now have free reign to post. This is just me seeking confirmation for myself, and for you in the event that you felt you needed it. Misunderstandings do happen after all so it’s ok if your post reflects confusion, misunderstanding, the desire for clarification, etc., but I want them (any misunderstanding/lack of clarify) to be limited to IC interaction, not OOC discussion.
WinterRat1
Just so everyone knows, Bandit, Ronin, and myself are planning on attending GenCon and of course the LITS get-together this year. If anyone has any comments or anything to contribute about making the LITS get-together run smoother, please feel free to post or talk to Grendel. We’d really like as many people as possible to come, which is why we’ve been starting this so early. Hope to see you all there!
Slipshade
WR1 - You are correct. I just told them why we are at the Warehouse and not every step of how we have gotten there. Max is being purposefully vague at the moment while still trying not to be dishonest.

And yes, I am giving them a full physical description of Nora and Keira.

I will try not to be so vague next time I post. smile.gif
WinterRat1
No worries, just wanted to clarify because the more I read the post the more I wanted to be sure exactly what you meant. Thanks for clarifying!

BC and Mister Juan - It's on you two now. Lady Dove is going to keep silent for the time being.
Mister Juan
WR1- Got it. I'm just letting BC get first dibs on the conversation. As soon as he has something up, I'll jump in.

All- Most of you probably know that I've picked up the LitS post compiling. Since I'll have a good chunk of free time this summer, I've decided to improve the whole website. I know there's been a project to list all the major NPCs in the game, but it hasn't been done yet: this is why I need your help. I would very much appreciate it if everyone took a few minutes out their time to write up a list of what they would consider the "supporting cast/important NPCs" their character has met. There is no hurry, and I'll probably get around to doing it myself at some point, but it would save me a lot of time and effort wink.gif

Also, if any of you would like to add pictures, background stories, short stories, whatever to your character's page, just send them my way (either PM or email)
WinterRat1
Mister Juan - Did you just want a list, or did you want any details besides, like a short description or something? Also, did you want a more complete/separate list from the GMs?
Mister Juan
Now that I reread my post... yea... my demands weren't the clearest.
All in all, I'll take whatever the players would like to give me. If it is simply a list of names, thats quite alright. A small description attached to each name would probably also be neat, but that is if people have the time.

As for the GMs... I don't hink any should "reveal" their NPC notes. We wouldn't want to give players too much insight into the people they meet.
WinterRat1
If you really want us to, it would not be hard for the GMs to limit their descriptions of their NPCs to 'public' information. For example, pretty much everyone knows Zeyda has his meets at Miner's Landing, for example. Physical descriptions or personality descriptions wouldn't be so bad either, as long as it was stuff 'everyone' knew.

In the end, it's up to each GM how much they reveal of course, but it would probably help if we knew what you plan on doing with the info. Are you just putting up a 'character dossier' section that would be so when people read, they know who the characters are, or is it something more?

BTW - Not to knock Sedna's picture she found for Sybersnake or anything, but if I could change it to a picture of Jessica Alba, that might help make Dragon's girl dilemma a lot easier. (Not to mention give me a reason to visit the LITS site that much more frequently. biggrin.gif j/k...)
Slipshade
LOL!
WinterRat1
Mis-post
Slipshade
MJ - I have edited out any non-public information and gave the names of Players or GM's that have more knowledge of the NPC's that Max has interacted with than I do.

[ Spoiler ]

Scrapheap
MJ-
Perception roll for Ludi please.

Also, look for an email from me.
bclements
Apologies for the slow posting rate; work's been hectic today. Should have most everything caught up by this evening.
Mister Juan
Scrap-
Since you didn't say if you wanted visual or hearing, I did an average of Ludi's perception enhancers.

So:
CODE
Int (3) + Defaulting (-1) + Perception Enhancers (3) = 5 dices
Rolls: 1, 1, 2, 4, 6
Hits: 1

Well, so much for checking things out wink.gif
WinterRat1
BC -
[ Spoiler ]
bclements
WR1
[ Spoiler ]
Shadow
For Scrap only please.

[ Spoiler ]

It's great to be back everyone.
bclements
grendel: (5/14 thru 6/4): [3+ 3 GM]: 6
grendel
Anyone who wants to read -

[ Spoiler ]
grendel
Karma awards for my players

Morgannah: 1 pt (May 10th - Jun 06th)
BClements: 6 pts (May 17th - Jun 06th) [GM Bonus]
WinterRat1: 40 pts (Nov 22nd - March 23rd + May 17th - Jun 06th) [GM Bonus]
BanditF50: 20 pts (Nov 22nd - March 23rd + May 17th - Jun 06th)
TiredRonin: 20 pts (Nov 22nd - March 23rd + May 17th - Jun 06th)
Shadowrunner13: 3 pts (May 17th - Jun 06th)
The Eyes: 1 pt (May 10th - Jun 06th)
WinterRat1
Grendel - That was a great post! I loved seeing things from Zeyda's point of view. Is there a particular reason you didn't post it in the IC thread? If there isn't, may I suggest posting it in the IC thread so Mister Juan can make sure it (eventually) finds its way into the archives, because it definitely belongs in the history of the LITS-verse.
grendel
Mostly timing, I didn't want to sort through and find a time that he wasn't meeting with any of the (many) LitS characters who have him as a fixer contact.
WinterRat1
Just put ?? : ?? : ?? as the time to represent that it could have happened at any point in time. I've done that before. Use whatever day you feel is appropriate, as it doesn't seem to me the post has to happen on a certain day. It really does belong in the IC thread and is too good not be there, in my opinion. smile.gif
Slipshade
So we are waiting on Knight or Lady Dove...correct?
bclements
Yep yep.
Slipshade
Cool, I had to re-read the posts to make sure no one was waiting on me. smile.gif

Wasn't sure if I missed anything.
WinterRat1
I'm going to let Mister Juan reply, so you're up Mister Juan!
grendel
Perception for Vedic:

Intuition + perception + vision enhancements = 9 dice

6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1 = 4 hits
Mister Juan
QUOTE (WinterRat1)
I'm going to let Mister Juan reply, so you're up Mister Juan!

Sorry for making you all wait. Had an "unexpected" turn in my life wink.gif I should be back to my usual posting speed before thursday. I'm terribly sorry for delaying the thing. You can waltz on without me if you'd like.
WinterRat1
It's cool Mister Juan, this is why Lady Dove is here and controlled by me, to help keep the flow smooth and crisp. wink.gif

Special Rule

Effective immediately, no one may post past 00:25:00. Assuming approxmiately 30 seconds each for the next two speakers, what that translates into is that there can be ONLY TWO MORE IC posts TOTAL among all the people in the room (Max, John, Knight, Lady Dove, and Mr. Cao).

I don't care who posts, it's going to come down to whoever posts first in RL. After the second of the two posts, I will be posting a 'story' event at 00:25:00. I'll tell you upfront which two people post (and the order they post in) does not matter as far as having a direct impact on this event.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
WinterRat1
Lady Dove will not respond to Max. So either Knight, Mr. Cao, or John has to reply.

Side note: I was reviewing John's storyline (just John's) and let me say, holy freaking crap, a LOT of gaming has gone on since LITS started almost two years ago.

In game time, it might not SEEM like a lot has happened, but go back and pick any of the long running characters and try reading through their story. I'm a very fast reader, and believe me, the sheer amount of stuff that's happened in the last few days really made me feel like I was watching someone's life in shadows day by day, with each day feeling just as freaking packed as they have been. It's really neat, and everyone should be proud of themselves for all the quality gaming and stories that have taken place over the last two years. smile.gif
Slipshade
LOL! Yeah, I was sifting through Max's story to find all of the NPC's that Max has interacted with for Mister Juan and wow, there were people that I totally forgot Max even talked with.

It was fun to read though and even made me think that I may want to continue some of the NPC's storylines too.

WR1 - Since Scrap and I posted, I guess we are to wait for your narrative. Correct?
WinterRat1
Slip - Correct, I'll try to get that post up ASAP so things can keep moving forward.
WinterRat1
Everyone - You're all free to post at will. Bandit and Ronin are now active and controlling Blaze and ETG (a.k.a. El Trollo Gigante). All character interaction rules previously stated still apply to interaction amongst PCs and volunteer controlled NPCs. Let me know if you have any questions, otherwise posting is once again open to everyone in the scene.

Bandit -
[ Spoiler ]

Slip -
[ Spoiler ]
Slipshade
WR1 - Got it.
banditf50
I see the post and note winterrat. I will put up a response this evening.
Scrapheap
WR-
While John waits for Knight to reply (or something to happen) he's going to try and use Blaze's loud entrance to he and Max's advantage by using his vision magnification to scan the faces of the people out in warehouse. Most of them are probably looking at the door by now, so if Keira or Nora is in the crowd he may be able to spot them.

[ Spoiler ]
Slipshade
WR1

[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Slip -
[ Spoiler ]
WinterRat1
Scrap -
[ Spoiler ]
Slipshade
WR1

[ Spoiler ]
Slipshade
oops, double post
WinterRat1
Slip -
[ Spoiler ]
Slipshade
WR1

[ Spoiler ]
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012