Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
mister__joshua
Hehe. That was my sort of 'in story' way of asking the same smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 28 2014, 01:13 PM) *
I've posted IC asking a couple of question

1) Is the troll girl dead?
2) Who is she?

Also, does she have anything else on her that may be deemed 'useful'

What is this room I'm in?

Cheers

1) No, although not exactly healthy...even bod 5-6, no armour and no defence test makes for a bucket load of pain!
2) Her 'link / ID says she's Catherine Friend, aged 14, there are a list of first name contacts on the 'link but no browsing history or similar seems to be recorded. It isn't broadcasting a SIN.

She's wearing a plain white dress, it's got a pocket for her 'link, white gym shoes, there's a small stain on the cuff that probably came from a recent meal...so, not exactly useful nyahnyah.gif

I should get an IC up tomorrow but feel free to post beforehand...
mister__joshua
What about the room? Is that relevant or just generic bland office?
Aria
@LG: I've added the basement as an outline on the <map>, it might or might not help give you a feel for the scale of the place (big!)

Jan is in an office off the mezzanine, well it would be an office if it was used, there's a chair with a dust cover over it, a desk pushed up against one wall, little else. Lany can see the AR iconography, same sorts of external views that are around the mezzanine...
mister__joshua
I apologise for my last post nyahnyah.gif

I'm trying to make my character sound more south african so I've been using this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_South...can_slang_words

Let me know if it's unintelligible smile.gif
Always Overkill
Lany's Girly moment, had to happen. First time you would have ever seen her do anything like that.
adamu
@Tribes, Umi -

natural you'd go looking for the girl, but of course if you find her now, time and space will implode, as she is already with Frizzen thirty minutes into the future.

of course feel free to post as much as you like as you look

@Tribes, all others -
anyone can post - either Drace to get the main action rolling, at which point he or Boone can initiate a meeting, or Vegas or Tyro can come in any time - assume a sort of general distress call for Mechanicals members in the area to help with the search, and go hook up with Frizzen.

Once all are in touch, this silly railroading will end, I promise!
adamu
@Mr J - love love love your aim to get things done before ever even meeting those bad guys.

Up top, we'll keep doing all we can to pull their attention our way.
Always Overkill
I just realized I forgot to get a Shock Pad. I will add it and deduct the necessary nuyen.
Aria
Sorry I didn't get an IC together...will try to sort it ASAP...

As an aside, anyone fancy a couple of points of bonus karma for doing some data entry on my excel character generator? Let me know biggrin.gif

adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Apr 29 2014, 11:04 PM) *
Sorry I didn't get an IC together...will try to sort it ASAP...

As an aside, anyone fancy a couple of points of bonus karma for doing some data entry on my excel character generator? Let me know biggrin.gif

I KNEW I should have learned more about Excel!

Always with the computery stuff.

Don't you have a car that needs washing or a dog that needs walking?
justkelly
@aria

what excel stuff do you need exactly
Vegas
I'm willing to help with excel stuff Aria if you still need it.
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Apr 29 2014, 11:47 PM) *
I KNEW I should have learned more about Excel!

Always with the computery stuff.

Don't you have a car that needs washing or a dog that needs walking?

Lol!

The work that needs doing is inputting R&G data into the sheet...it would help if you had a copy of the book but not essential as I've already block copied in the various tables of weapons, armour etc and it just needs formatting (and adding to the calcs) to match the rest of the core rulebook data.

Anyone wants to create any 'PACKs' too, that would be useful!
mister__joshua
QUOTE (adamu @ Apr 29 2014, 07:57 PM) *
@Mr J - love love love your aim to get things done before ever even meeting those bad guys.

Up top, we'll keep doing all we can to pull their attention our way.

Why thank you biggrin.gif

@Always Overkill: So what exactly is this weird relationship that you've got Jan and Lany engaged in? Is it like father/daughter or secret lovers? Currently I'm picturing you as the Natalie Portman to my Jean Reno. It starts off fatherly, but you just know they'll bang eventually nyahnyah.gif

For the record - I have no problem picturing anyone as Natalie Portman...

Ahem, anyway, onto more pressing matters. Here's what I'm thinking:

The room next to us when we first dropped down was occupied by, I'm assuming from the descriptions, 2 patients and a doctor/scientist/whatever.

Aria, could I have an in-depth description of these please? Are these patients Trolls too? All human? All young? What about the Doctor? Size/build? Armed? Ta

Anyway, I was thinking this 'grey' is the man we want to identify our targets quickly. We storm this room and, depending on the threat, either eliminate the patients or intimidate/persuade them to stay silent. We then either intimidate the doctor, or I smack him and then we intimidate him. Any injuries/damage we cause will be attributed to the assault team entering now so I can't see it being a problem if we have to disable a few patients on the way. Also, we have to assume that our targets are the same as theirs - and we want them first. The insertion of the mole will be well covered by the other team's damage, provided he still wants to be inserted here. It's my guess that we're inserting him for them to extract and he'll be a mole somewhere else, but that's just a theory...
Always Overkill
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 30 2014, 04:37 AM) *
Why thank you biggrin.gif

@Always Overkill: So what exactly is this weird relationship that you've got Jan and Lany engaged in? Is it like father/daughter or secret lovers? Currently I'm picturing you as the Natalie Portman to my Jean Reno. It starts off fatherly, but you just know they'll bang eventually nyahnyah.gif

For the record - I have no problem picturing anyone as Natalie Portman...

Actually, the Professional is a pretty accurate characterization of how I see their relationship thusfar, though Lany is alot more polished than Portman was in the film. The concept is really close to how I saw it mentally
adamu
@Tribes

Okay, with Drace (and Kettle) moving up to level two, and the general distress call having gone out to all Mechanicals, railroading is all over.

Anyone can post meeting Friz/Kettle or doing anything else that strikes their fancy.

@Aria - anticipatory post----there are no security cameras in the Crime Mall per se - bad for biz, and what's the point - discourage crims from being crims?
Fact is, the place will never have the resources to keep such a system from being hacked by established law enforcement organizations, so it would be a liability.

This is NOT to say the place is not packed with various privately held/installed cameras, just that if Briar wants to take Frizzen's suggestion she will have to get a bit more specific and creative than just hack the Crime Mall's camera system.
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Apr 30 2014, 09:02 AM) *
Anyone wants to create any 'PACKs' too, that would be useful!

Wikipedia has not helped me understand this concept.

If it does not involve computer mastery, I will do it, whatever it is.
Aria
PACKs is an SR4 concept...there it was a way of having a set amount of BP to buy a package of equipemt (no discount, just a package of useful stuff...)

As an example these are from my current character gen sheet (I'll format it properly when I have a sec, lunch is over for now nyahnyah.gif):

Runner Survival Kit Cost:5,030¥ Avail:8R Package:Micro Transceiver & Subvocal Mic, Respirator [4], Lowlight Flashlight, Metalink Disposable Commlink, Fake SIN [1] +Fake Licence [1], Local Area Mapsoft, Bug Scanner [6], Tag Eraser, 10x Plastic Restraints, 2x Stim Patch [4], Trauma Patch

Vision/Audio Enhancement Cost:6225¥ Avail:12R Package:Contacts [2] +Imagelink, Flare Compensation, Glasses [4] + Lowlight or Thermo, Smartlink, Vision Enhancement [2], Ear Buds [3] +Audio Enhancement [3]

Thermoptic Camouflage Cost:8925¥ Avail:10R Package:Camo Suit [9+2] +Feedback, Thermal Damping [5], Non-conductivity [4], Helmet +Imagelink, Camera [3] +Lowlight, Flare Compensation, Smartlink, Rapelling Gloves

B&E Kit Cost:15600¥ Avail:12F Package:Electronics Tool Kit, MonoSaw, Autopicker [4], Sequencer [4], Maglock Passkey [4], Keycard Copier [6]

Surveillance Kit Cost:3650¥ Avail:12 Package:Handheld Housing [2] +Camera [3] w Lowlight & Thermo, Vision Magnification +Directional Mic [3] w Select Sound Filter [3], 5x Stealth RFID Locator Tags, 5x Sensor RFID Tags +Omni-directional Mic

Some other packages that might be useful: street scum survival kit, typical runner sidearm, basic commlink package...they need to be useful to more than one character concept and are about time saving and not needing to remember every little piece of equipment that you would expect a competant runner to have access to.
mister__joshua
@Aria

You may have missed in the middle of my other ramblings but could I have an in-depth description of the 3 people in the room next to where I dropped down please? Are these patients Trolls too? All human? All young? What about the Doctor? Size/build? Armed?

Thanks
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ May 1 2014, 01:57 PM) *
@Aria

You may have missed in the middle of my other ramblings but could I have an in-depth description of the 3 people in the room next to where I dropped down please? Are these patients Trolls too? All human? All young? What about the Doctor? Size/build? Armed?

Thanks

Hi, sorry, I saw the question and sort of absorbed it into the IC I’m writing but as I’m unlikely to get that out tonight I’ll paraphrase it here so you can decide what to do…and post IC yourself if you beat me to it smile.gif

I'm assuming you are looking at a recording (from your link if nothing else?!?) unless you are going to stick your face back up against the window...they might see that!

2 patients appear human, one male, one female, both adult / near adult, backs to you, talking animatedly with doctor and sketching in the air as if manipulating AROs…or perhaps just being a bit addled, difficult to tell the difference, particularly for someone who is wireless dark nyahnyah.gif. Dressed in the simple white tunics / dresses as the others...

Doctor is a male dwarf and appears to be listening intently to what they are saying...
adamu
@JustKelly -

thanks for saving the GeneralIC thread from falling into the abyss.

Loved your post - waiting to see what happens - are these Nikki's parents?

No - don't tell...
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ May 1 2014, 01:50 PM) *
PACKs is an SR4 concept...there it was a way of having a set amount of BP to buy a package of equipemt (no discount, just a package of useful stuff...)

Some other packages that might be useful: street scum survival kit, typical runner sidearm, basic commlink package...they need to be useful to more than one character concept and are about time saving and not needing to remember every little piece of equipment that you would expect a competant runner to have access to.

THIS I can do.

PM you soon.

Signed,
karma whore adamu
adamu
@Tribes -

Vegas changed her mind and doesn't want to start as a mechanical.

So posted her into the game the same way I did for Umi.

Game still on, open for any and all five current players to post.
justkelly
QUOTE (adamu @ May 1 2014, 01:17 PM) *
@JustKelly -

thanks for saving the GeneralIC thread from falling into the abyss.

Loved your post - waiting to see what happens - are these Nikki's parents?

No - don't tell...

Thanks - Let's see if I can get a decent story arc.
mister__joshua
I just want to quickly apologise for not posting in CoP for a while. I still love the game (and the character) but with the other games so fast moving and that relatively slow paced I just never seem to get back to it. I'll try and post soon. Actually, is there anyone solely playing CoP or is everyone in there also running another character in a different game?

@Aria: I have no recording to review, but I don't want to pop up at the window. The detail you gave is more than I required, but I just imagined that if I saw enough to identify number of people and colour of clothing before then identifying size and possibly metatype would be possible from my initial glance?
Always Overkill
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ May 2 2014, 03:13 AM) *
I just want to quickly apologise for not posting in CoP for a while. I still love the game (and the character) but with the other games so fast moving and that relatively slow paced I just never seem to get back to it. I'll try and post soon. Actually, is there anyone solely playing CoP or is everyone in there also running another character in a different game?

Its all good. I know I have had pretty bad writers block for CoP at times,(always overanalyzing my posts) which delayed my responses a couple of times. We will be glad to have you back when you have a chance wink.gif

I am still very curious for what might come with Circles of Power, despite the slow pace. It has such amazing potential.

I think everyone there is part of another Persistent World thread, except JxJxA. But I think he is part of another IC thread that isn't part of Aria's Persistent World series.
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ May 2 2014, 09:13 AM) *

@Aria: I have no recording to review, but I don't want to pop up at the window. The detail you gave is more than I required, but I just imagined that if I saw enough to identify number of people and colour of clothing before then identifying size and possibly metatype would be possible from my initial glance?

I think JxJxA is solely in CoP...he'd be more than welcome to join the faster games nyahnyah.gif

Assume you've got the detail I gave...good memory biggrin.gif
Umidori
@Tribes

Banging out another IC post detailing Boone's home-sweet-home and the gear he's gonna be picking up from the colossal collection of STUFF he has crammed in there, but figured I'd give our other fresh faces a chance to get in on the action before I put anything up.

Looking forward to getting to know Boone's teammates, so make them posts interesting! nyahnyah.gif

~Umi
adamu
QUOTE (Umidori @ May 2 2014, 08:13 PM) *
@Tribes

Banging out another IC post detailing Boone's home-sweet-home and the gear he's gonna be picking up from the colossal collection of STUFF he has crammed in there, but figured I'd give our other fresh faces a chance to get in on the action before I put anything up.

~Umi

Sometimes I get this vibe.

But, to my way of thinking, as long as you're not directly stepping on someone's toes in a back-and-forth or close-knit group situation, no matter how much you post, it in no way prevents others from posting as much as they want!

The more you post, the better!
Aria
Second that! If you want to post please do! If you want to explore your character more posting in flashback works fine, or use the general IC thread if you like...it all counts towards your karma and cash awards too biggrin.gif
adamu
@JustKelly -

great - I thought from the first chapter that he was some cad just gonna use her up and toss her.
Like this way much better. The last para almost made me cry, though...
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Apr 30 2014, 10:35 PM) *
@Tribes
@Aria - anticipatory post----there are no security cameras in the Crime Mall per se - bad for biz, and what's the point - discourage crims from being crims?
Fact is, the place will never have the resources to keep such a system from being hacked by established law enforcement organizations, so it would be a liability.

This is NOT to say the place is not packed with various privately held/installed cameras, just that if Briar wants to take Frizzen's suggestion she will have to get a bit more specific and creative than just hack the Crime Mall's camera system.

I thought that would be the case! Still, reading into the fluff far too many people for the typical runner's comfort film everything and anything, you just need to sort through the drek!

As I'm nearly out of time again, can anyone summarise the noise penalties for distance for me? I think the Crime Mall is about 2km SE of the Mechanical's area... wouldn't do much good if noise crippled all of Briar's hacking rolls nyahnyah.gif
adamu
@Aria - at two km your base noise is 3, and then you're trying for individual devices on the interior, to the sturdy mall wall adds one more for 4 total, minus any reduction you have.
RdMarquis
Okay, I'm finally knuckling down and typing that post I promised a few days back. Sorry for the delay.

@Vegas

Hope I didn't keep you waiting, you can assume LeFey opened up a feed for the cameras.
adamu
@Looking Glass

I know you said we were not strictly running on initiative, but resolution of my fuel tank shot ends MY turn.

So here is next initiative just in case you want it:

2d6 + 11 → [5,4,11] = (20)

Dang - one pip short of three actions.

Still holding my Free for that Drop Prone that takes me earthward if anything wounds me…

First pass Complex - top up magazine with three Explosive rounds.

Second pass (assuming nothing horribly untoward happens in the meantime):
Aim and shoot widening pool of gasoline under vehicle with explosive round
10d6.hits(5) → [2,3,2,5,3,4,6,6,1,1] = (3)

Ablative THAT!
RdMarquis
@LG

I never rolled to resist Fading from Compiling that sprite.
Resonance(6) + Willpower (5) = 11d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4488902/
11d6.hits(5) → [6,2,5,4,3,6,5,2,3,1,5] = (5)
5 hits to resist 4S damage, which means she comes out of the Compiling unscathed.

While I'm at it, here is a roll for Resonance Veil at Level 5.
Software (5) + Resonance (6) +2 from hot-sim = 13d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4488906/
13d6.hits(5) → [2,5,2,6,1,6,3,3,4,3,4,4,5] = (4)
4 hits for Resonance Veil.

One more Fading roll
Resonance(6) + Willpower (5) = 11d6

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4488907/
11d6.hits(5) → [2,5,2,1,1,1,1,4,4,4,6] = (2)
2 hits, so she takes 2S damage. 9 boxes left.
Always Overkill
@Tribes: description and background are up in the recruitment thread, but I am not entirely sure on how to introduce Patch into the current scene...
adamu
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ May 3 2014, 05:09 AM) *
@Tribes: description and background are up in the recruitment thread, but I am not entirely sure on how to introduce Patch into the current scene...

Thanks for adding those things.

How you enter the game depends on whether or not you are a member of the Mechanicals (couldn't tell from your sheet).

If you are not, then you will have witnessed the commotion surrounding the abduction, and when people come around looking to find Steamer, you can offer to lend hand. Should come naturally for a character like yours to want to help people.
Just post yourself at the Crime Mall and assume you saw the same scene that Boone saw.
IC anything else you might be doing there, and once Frizzen and Kettle are on the scene, you can offer your account of what happened and your services.

If you are already in the Tribe, then your comm will have received a group message to all members in the vicinity to render assistance to Frizzen.
In that case, just present yourself to Frizzen (currently en route to the crime scene) and we take it from there.

So either way you are good to post.
mister__joshua
I've put up an IC post. I've left it a bit short. If no-one reacts to it then I'll ad to it later and assume that the people are indeed leaving the room.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (adamu @ May 3 2014, 03:43 AM) *
Thanks for adding those things.

How you enter the game depends on whether or not you are a member of the Mechanicals (couldn't tell from your sheet).

If you are not, then you will have witnessed the commotion surrounding the abduction, and when people come around looking to find Steamer, you can offer to lend hand. Should come naturally for a character like yours to want to help people.
Just post yourself at the Crime Mall and assume you saw the same scene that Boone saw.
IC anything else you might be doing there, and once Frizzen and Kettle are on the scene, you can offer your account of what happened and your services.

If you are already in the Tribe, then your comm will have received a group message to all members in the vicinity to render assistance to Frizzen.
In that case, just present yourself to Frizzen (currently en route to the crime scene) and we take it from there.

So either way you are good to post.

Patch hasn't officially joined up with the Tribes, but he was looking for them. The smuggler contact who helped him get to Seattle recommended them as a good place to set up shop and keep a low profile. I would enjoy role playing out his initial meetings with the Tribes, and trying to find his place among them.

Patch will have been going to the mall to check the local black market prices of different meds and drugs here. I will go with him seeing the same scene that Boone did.

IC upcoming today.
Always Overkill
@Tribes: Reading up, just had one last question; Kettle is still on the scene leading them to where Steamer got nabbed, right?
adamu
Right - last we saw Kettle, she was on level one with Frizzen, and they were heading up to level two to the "crime scene".

Boone and Maus are on level two, having witnessed different aspects of the event, but they have not yet had any contact with the Mechanicals.

For players that are already Mecanicals (is that anybody now? Maybe Monkey…have to look again), they have received messages from HQ to locate Frizzen and render assistance.

Once we get some people coalesced together a bit, I am going to push things along faster, at which point it is going to be "post or just get swept along with the action".
justkelly
@Tribes - new characters finished and in the recruitment thread for review - feedback is welcome on the characters as well as who/how they should join a tribe.

@LG - Taking the cue to go ahead and use grenades, I'll switch to my Alpha and shoot one flash bang in through the front door of the security building. I'm then going to make sure he didn't escape out the back. If he didn't, then I fire another grenade through a window. If he did escape, the Alpha has a longer range, so I'll still go after him.

I'll ask the GM to roll for me as I'm having technical difficulties right now.

10 dice for Alpha grenade launcher - 1 shot in front door and possibly 1 shot in back door/window
17 dice for Alpha assault rifle - as many shots as needed to "get my man" down, 42 stick-n-shock rounds loaded

Edit: 2 grenades in the front (6 are loaded in the launcher) and then 1 in back if needed.
RdMarquis
@LG, Aria

Let me know if I need to roll or anything to get an answer for Lany.
Always Overkill
@Lock and Load: Is this Bravo team's first mission together? For whatever reason I had assumed that we had all fought (or at least trained,) together before.

adamu
@Tribes, Always Overkill

Kettle is an elf.

I don't really mind if you edit anything - all observers' view of the scene will be different - just fog of war - but just so you know - it will be clear once you start treating her!
justkelly
@all--I've proposed new characters for the tribes campaign, and am seeking feedback on the character concept(s), so I'm posting here for all to see.

QUOTE (justkelly @ May 3 2014, 11:40 PM) *
Given three characters, decided a new post would be cleaner for adding their data.

Backstory-Family was never rich, but they were happy. Lived in a low-rent area of Chicago outside the CZ, but had to deal with gang activity in their neighborhood. Mother was a waitress at a local diner, walking distance from home; Dad was a former runner (Magician) turned businessman-talismonger from Boston. He has no lingering ties from Boston, and started fresh in Chicago where he met the mother. Triplets are unusual, and of course hard to take care of relative to the one child at a time program. Life was happy. When kids were about 10, Dad's store was robbed, while Mom was visiting of course, and both were killed. Kids were moved into a local orphanage. Placing three kids together is extremely difficult, so they occasionally were separated into different foster homes. While they were good kids, they would escape to be together again. At 15, they decided to stay together no matter what and left the home. They've been living on the streets or cheap apartments when they could afford to, by working odd jobs and using their talents. While Dad was a full mage, each child received only part of his heritage. So they worked together to be a "whole" magician. Tina has an affinity with spirits, particularly with Air spirits. She treats them like "birds in the park" and feeds them whenever possible. Travis is the extra calm one, having to spend lots of time with his craft. Tommy is the hothead, wanting to always protect those he thinks need protection. With Chicago's bug spirits aplenty, Tina had to guard herself to avoid them. After one last encounter with a nasty free spirit, she begged her brothers to leave Chicago. Having no ties, they do so, hitching rides to Seattle. Why Seattle, well why not.

pdf files for each character can be found at this link
http://1drv.ms/RcVaPK

character creation details for each character can be found at this link
http://1drv.ms/1q2DgPk

They've been in Seattle an short period of time, getting work at a local diner and meeting people who worked or ate there. They each have different contacts which I need to detail a bit more. They have taken other jobs, and while creating foci and alchemy preps could be a good money maker for Travis, he hasn't really found a good place to sell consistently yet so has a hard time buying the materials. Tina has the most consistent of income generation right now by working in the diner. Tommy occasionally will work at the diner too, but sometimes gets into more accidental trouble than anything else. The siblings are very close and won't allow themselves to be separated again.

Insertion into the game---While at any one time, all three could be available, once they find a home, they may only show up as their skills need them. So Travis may sit back a bit to work his alchemy for the tribe behind scenes more often than not - he could become a money maker when the Tribe wants another cash flow source. Tina's resources with spirits would be useful in some scenarios, not all. Tommy being the hothead he's tagged with would jump into whatever frek he could find that his siblings will let him. Given their relatively young age, finding mentors to guide them in their learning of magic, or other mundane skills, would be useful.

Again, feedback is welcome on the three characters, their story, as well as how they can fit into the game. I don't really have a preference on which Tribe they join. While the Mechanicals seem an obvious fit due to the magic, Freedom may actually be better to balance the active players. I'll let the GM and current cast of players provide input on this one please.

Thanks for your time.
justkelly
@all--I've proposed new characters for the tribes campaign, and am seeking feedback on the character concept(s), so I'm posting here for all to see.

QUOTE (justkelly @ May 3 2014, 11:40 PM) *
Given three characters, decided a new post would be cleaner for adding their data.

Backstory-Family was never rich, but they were happy. Lived in a low-rent area of Chicago outside the CZ, but had to deal with gang activity in their neighborhood. Mother was a waitress at a local diner, walking distance from home; Dad was a former runner (Magician) turned businessman-talismonger from Boston. He has no lingering ties from Boston, and started fresh in Chicago where he met the mother. Triplets are unusual, and of course hard to take care of relative to the one child at a time program. Life was happy. When kids were about 10, Dad's store was robbed, while Mom was visiting of course, and both were killed. Kids were moved into a local orphanage. Placing three kids together is extremely difficult, so they occasionally were separated into different foster homes. While they were good kids, they would escape to be together again. At 15, they decided to stay together no matter what and left the home. They've been living on the streets or cheap apartments when they could afford to, by working odd jobs and using their talents. While Dad was a full mage, each child received only part of his heritage. So they worked together to be a "whole" magician. Tina has an affinity with spirits, particularly with Air spirits. She treats them like "birds in the park" and feeds them whenever possible. Travis is the extra calm one, having to spend lots of time with his craft. Tommy is the hothead, wanting to always protect those he thinks need protection. With Chicago's bug spirits aplenty, Tina had to guard herself to avoid them. After one last encounter with a nasty free spirit, she begged her brothers to leave Chicago. Having no ties, they do so, hitching rides to Seattle. Why Seattle, well why not.

pdf files for each character can be found at this link
http://1drv.ms/RcVaPK

character creation details for each character can be found at this link
http://1drv.ms/1q2DgPk

They've been in Seattle an short period of time, getting work at a local diner and meeting people who worked or ate there. They each have different contacts which I need to detail a bit more. They have taken other jobs, and while creating foci and alchemy preps could be a good money maker for Travis, he hasn't really found a good place to sell consistently yet so has a hard time buying the materials. Tina has the most consistent of income generation right now by working in the diner. Tommy occasionally will work at the diner too, but sometimes gets into more accidental trouble than anything else. The siblings are very close and won't allow themselves to be separated again.

Insertion into the game---While at any one time, all three could be available, once they find a home, they may only show up as their skills need them. So Travis may sit back a bit to work his alchemy for the tribe behind scenes more often than not - he could become a money maker when the Tribe wants another cash flow source. Tina's resources with spirits would be useful in some scenarios, not all. Tommy being the hothead he's tagged with would jump into whatever frek he could find that his siblings will let him. Given their relatively young age, finding mentors to guide them in their learning of magic, or other mundane skills, would be useful.

Again, feedback is welcome on the three characters, their story, as well as how they can fit into the game. I don't really have a preference on which Tribe they join. While the Mechanicals seem an obvious fit due to the magic, Freedom may actually be better to balance the active players. I'll let the GM and current cast of players provide input on this one please.

Thanks for your time.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (adamu @ May 5 2014, 02:54 AM) *
@Tribes, Always Overkill

Kettle is an elf.

I don't really mind if you edit anything - all observers' view of the scene will be different - just fog of war - but just so you know - it will be clear once you start treating her!

Oops, my apologies. For some reason I thought she was another ork... I will edit my post accordingly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012