Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
Aria
QUOTE (Shadowrenamon @ Jul 13 2015, 06:46 PM) *
Hmm, that Citadel place seems good, but I think I'll throw an area knowledge roll for the Seattle matrix and see if I can't think of somewhere better that would be hard to set an ambush up in that we can also get into right now.

So I come up with 2, 2, 4, 6, 6, 3, 3, 1, 5, 3, 5, 6. 5 hits on that roll.

You can think of a few options...now down to you to choose which one smile.gif What sort of thing do you want?
Shadowrenamon
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 13 2015, 12:31 PM) *
You can think of a few options...now down to you to choose which one smile.gif What sort of thing do you want?

Some place where we could make the meet without too many eyes on us, some place discreet that you'd have an easy time getting into for us all but would be hard to set up some kind of ambush. Hmm, somewhere like Dante's Inferno only less ritzy, since I doubt Psy has the cred to just get in there unless LeFey wants to do some sweet talking or out backer can get us in there.
adamu
QUOTE (adamu @ Jul 13 2015, 07:21 PM) *
@Tribes - SWEET!

I'll just wait a bit for some actions from Maus and we are rockin' and rollin'!

I'm inclined to give this a few more days...this game has definitely become sort of a "post as time allows" thing, so Vegas if you're tied up at the moment, all good.

Aria
I agree! I'm also considering opening up a Tribes thread on ShadowGrid as there seem to be more players over there at the moment. Will probably make it Sum to 10 rather than 6 though...
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Shadowrenamon @ Jul 13 2015, 11:20 PM) *
Some place where we could make the meet without too many eyes on us, some place discreet that you'd have an easy time getting into for us all but would be hard to set up some kind of ambush. Hmm, somewhere like Dante's Inferno only less ritzy, since I doubt Psy has the cred to just get in there unless LeFey wants to do some sweet talking or out backer can get us in there.

Really glad I got a copy of Seattle 2072, now. How's the Alabaster Maiden sound (LeFey will ask as much)? It's a nightclub that's popular with the Awakened crowd. The place is named for the statue standing outside the entrance, rumored to be a magic user who was petrified by drain.

Alternately, if you want a place that actually expects shadow activity, her fixer operates out of such a nightclub. Both are described below.
[ Spoiler ]
Aria
Physical and virtual location don't need to be the same, and as you seem to have elected virtual I just want to know what host/site you are going to??? The Inferno will have a host and you can be there physically too!?

What are you doing with the hard drives? Just tucking them away? Analysing them for their contents? Downloading anything? I'll take it as read that you'll look for data bombs first!? There is one in each drive!!!
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 17 2015, 01:19 PM) *
Physical and virtual location don't need to be the same, and as you seem to have elected virtual I just want to know what host/site you are going to??? The Inferno will have a host and you can be there physically too!?

What are you doing with the hard drives? Just tucking them away? Analysing them for their contents? Downloading anything? I'll take it as read that you'll look for data bombs first!? There is one in each drive!!!

Doing with the hard drives...right, if we go for the virtual meet we can't just physically hand over the drives...

Well, sounds like another one for PsyOp and LeFey to handle!

As for the meet, I think we should keep the physical bodies someplace nice and controlled, not in the club...if you guys choose a club, then maybe we can get a room in a nice (better security) hotel nearby the virtual meet spot. That way there won't be much noise, and Jan and Al can keep a close eye on you...

And maybe we could monitor the meet on the room's trid screen, just to stay aware of the situation...

Just thinking out loud - I know the matrix rules as little as Al knows the matrix itself!
Shadowrenamon
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jul 16 2015, 11:48 PM) *
Really glad I got a copy of Seattle 2072, now. How's the Alabaster Maiden sound (LeFey will ask as much)? It's a nightclub that's popular with the Awakened crowd. The place is named for the statue standing outside the entrance, rumored to be a magic user who was petrified by drain.

Alternately, if you want a place that actually expects shadow activity, her fixer operates out of such a nightclub. Both are described below.
[ Spoiler ]

The Maiden sounds like a good enough place, fit for our employer anyway, don't think a shadow running establishment will appreciate us bringing this kind of individual to them. As for the data bombs, hmm, I think LeFay and I, and a couple of sprites, will have to take some time on the way to where we're holing up for the meet and team work test our way through them, since I doubt my skills are high enough to do it reliably, especially with my condition modifiers at the moment.

Also love that book. It's helped a lot in planning out stuff in my own game.
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 17 2015, 04:19 AM) *

Damn. Should have thought of that. But yeah, we'll check out the hard drives before the actual meet.
AlyW
I'm still here, and interested in playing. Sorta creeping through chargen right now, due to reading a lot between the various available books. Also trying to put together the character background idea I have in such a way that it makes sense and isnt poorly written -_-

Im really surprised at how quickly priority A skills go. I'm using the SR5 edition of Chummer to build my character, which sadly is missing some of the book resources, as well.
Aria
QUOTE (AlyW @ Jul 19 2015, 06:44 PM) *
I'm still here, and interested in playing. Sorta creeping through chargen right now, due to reading a lot between the various available books. Also trying to put together the character background idea I have in such a way that it makes sense and isnt poorly written -_-

Im really surprised at how quickly priority A skills go. I'm using the SR5 edition of Chummer to build my character, which sadly is missing some of the book resources, as well.

If you follow the links to my Sig on ShadowGrid you could download the excel character generator I've made (with help of others)... it's up to Data Trails, although I'm still working on adding in Chrome Flesh now... never enough hours in the day!
adamu
@TLG - looks like we're going to need a place to last out the night...our predetermined rally point is in the Puyallup Barrens, which is a good place to hide in that it is out of the panopticon, has a background count to discourage magical tracking, and sparse matrix coverage to discourage electronic tracking.
On the other hand, it is a crap place to be, and a hostile strike force doesn't have to pull its punches there.

Al's place is out - the hippies that put him up would not appreciate a hot runner team going to ground with them.

So we need somewhere discreet, but, I am afraid the ultimate consideration will be defensible.

Alternatively, we could drive around all night, stay mobile.

Open to any and all suggestions. In the meantime, here is Al's Puyallup Barrens street knowledge test to see if he knows a good spot...

Thinking of a good place to go to ground in Puyallup Barrens: 8d6t5 4
Shadowrenamon
QUOTE (adamu @ Jul 21 2015, 10:59 AM) *
@TLG - looks like we're going to need a place to last out the night...our predetermined rally point is in the Puyallup Barrens, which is a good place to hide in that it is out of the panopticon, has a background count to discourage magical tracking, and sparse matrix coverage to discourage electronic tracking.
On the other hand, it is a crap place to be, and a hostile strike force doesn't have to pull its punches there.

Al's place is out - the hippies that put him up would not appreciate a hot runner team going to ground with them.

So we need somewhere discreet, but, I am afraid the ultimate consideration will be defensible.

Alternatively, we could drive around all night, stay mobile.

Open to any and all suggestions. In the meantime, here is Al's Puyallup Barrens street knowledge test to see if he knows a good spot...

Thinking of a good place to go to ground in Puyallup Barrens: 8d6t5 4

On a similar note of not wanting to bring trouble home, Psy's place in the Orc underground isn't a great option. Driving around might be okay if we stick to Puyallup. The other problem with that though is unless we find a pretty deserted place we may have to contend with the gangers and crazies out here plus an HTR team if we're really unlucky.
Aria
How about the Crime Mall? Starting something in there could escalate into a disaster quite quickly - for all involved! And easy to hide in a mass of armed metahumanity...?
Shadowrenamon
Crime Mall sounds like both a great and terrible idea. We should do that.
adamu
Yeah, Crime Mall will be just right, as Aria explained.

mister__joshua
I fancy an expensive downtown hotel with it's own security. The Ritz or the Hilton or something. We get to live in luxury for a night and have someone else do the fighting for us nyahnyah.gif

I always like to lay low in a place like this. Make all that security, the bane of runners, work for you for a change biggrin.gif

I'll go with whatever though.

@shadowrenamon: I think you're confusing who 'Peaches' is. It confused me for ages as well. It's just Al's pet name for Ali, and she's not here with us I don't think. You seem to be using it to refer to LeFey. No problem, just clearing up any confusion. smile.gif
adamu
Dude - you are making a good case.

We could also probably get a place right next to the Alabaster Maiden, which is downtown.

The downside of the fancy hotel in the AAA zone is that we need good IDs and heavy weapons will be a problem.

On balance, I think the Crime Mall may be a slightly more prudent play. Slightly.

Probably not enough to counter the fact that the hotel the vastly more appealing play. Vastly.

What does everyone else think?
Shadowrenamon
Ah got ya.

As for ritzy hotel, it might be nice, but it would essentially require more driving to get to, checks on our SINs, which I assume most of us have at R4, and then the money to get in. I don't know about you all but Psy is kinda broke; part of being a maxed out starting Techno. Crime Mall may not have the kind of security that a ritzy hotel would, but it's closer to where we are currently, easier for us to blend into, and while the security isn't the same as a hotel, we're way more likely to see an HTR team coming there, and a runner team only slightly less easily since they'll be the ones looking to kill us instead of rob and kill us.
adamu
All excellent points, Shadow.

Truly, I cannot decide whether the nice hotel or the Crime Mall makes more sense tactically - both have strong pros and cons.

And thus, RP breaks the tie for me.

Al WANTS to go hang out in the nice hotel, so that's his vote.

But here we all are, the whole team together in a quiet moment. Everyone should have their say.

How about convert your OOC arguments into an IC post, we can hash it out.

End of the day, Al will absolutely go with the team vote.

It'll be totally fun whichever way we play it.
Aria
And most important for me... Decide if you are going to tinker with the drives before the meet! ork.gif
AlyW
Update: after a couple of weeks of reading, fiddling with Chummer, tossing out character concepts left and right, I think I'm finally settled on something. I have the character created mechanically, though I still need to put her into a text sheet so I can post here. Also, flesh out background, description and the like. Maybe see if I can find a picture. Sorry this is taking so long -_-

'Standard level' character, former DocWagon combat medic; decent biotech (well, first aid and medicine) and stealth skills, while being capable of holding her own in a firefight. Also a decent diver and capable of piloting small boats. I'll post a full sheet tomorrow.. it's been a long day, and I'm sleepy -_-

-aly

ps Yikes, cyber and bioware are spendy!
Shadowrenamon
Sorry about my lack of appearance the last couple days, been a busy last four days. x.x
RdMarquis
Call it. Odds or evens? : )
adamu
I love it!

Dang - you just never know what folks will come up with.

i love the hotel idea, I see the wisdom of the crime mall, and of splitting up.

And then this dice thing!

Never dull!

Eager to hear what the others think of this proposal...
adamu
QUOTE (AlyW @ Jul 27 2015, 07:20 AM) *
Update: after a couple of weeks of reading, fiddling with Chummer, tossing out character concepts left and right, I think I'm finally settled on something. I have the character created mechanically, though I still need to put her into a text sheet so I can post here. Also, flesh out background, description and the like. Maybe see if I can find a picture. Sorry this is taking so long -_-

'Standard level' character, former DocWagon combat medic; decent biotech (well, first aid and medicine) and stealth skills, while being capable of holding her own in a firefight. Also a decent diver and capable of piloting small boats. I'll post a full sheet tomorrow.. it's been a long day, and I'm sleepy -_-

-aly

ps Yikes, cyber and bioware are spendy!

Hey - not sure exactly what game you're headed for, but whichever it is, welcome - seems like a cool character.
Vegas
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jul 27 2015, 05:29 AM) *
Call it. Odds or evens? : )

Odds! We're all a little odd in this game wink.gif
RdMarquis
Cool. Odd, we head for the Crime Mall, even, we find a upscale hotel.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4838129/

...Hmm. Could have used that hit later. Still, if no one has really strong objections, it looks like we're hiding out in style.
adamu
No objections from me!

Now where's that room service menu...?

Vegas
I can almost taste the over priced snacks in the mini bar wink.gif
AlyW
Alright, here we go! thanks for the patience!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Personal Info/Non-game mechanics
[ Spoiler ]

Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]
Aria
QUOTE (AlyW @ Jul 30 2015, 12:16 AM) *
Alright, here we go! thanks for the patience!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Great! It's a bit of a stretch (but I don't think too great a one) but I propose that you were 'always there' as backup outside the NeoNet datafarm (Through the Looking Glass) along with PsyOp. That means you can jump straight in to the action as the team head to a posh hotel...if someone was injured we could have brought you in as medical assistance but I've clearly been far too nice to the runners nyahnyah.gif

@All: what are you doing about your illegal stuff in posh town?
AlyW
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 30 2015, 05:01 AM) *
Great! It's a bit of a stretch (but I don't think too great a one) but I propose that you were 'always there' as backup outside the NeoNet datafarm (Through the Looking Glass) along with PsyOp. That means you can jump straight in to the action as the team head to a posh hotel...if someone was injured we could have brought you in as medical assistance but I've clearly been far too nice to the runners nyahnyah.gif

@All: what are you doing about your illegal stuff in posh town?

Sounds good. I do that when players miss tabletop sessions.. "You were there as backup", lol
adamu
Aly - enjoyed reading your character sheet!

I love having that much detail to work with in the role-playing! And I don't think I've ever seen anyone include their female character's measurements - all right.

Anyway, as you can see the scene right now is that we are all standing around in the dark at our Puyallup Barrens rally point.

Perfect time for you to show up and make an entrance.

Have we all even met before, or were you contracted separately by Silk, and we only knew your voice on the comms until now? So many ways to go - bring it on!
AlyW
QUOTE (adamu @ Jul 30 2015, 01:26 PM) *
Aly - enjoyed reading your character sheet!

I love having that much detail to work with in the role-playing! And I don't think I've ever seen anyone include their female character's measurements - all right.

Anyway, as you can see the scene right now is that we are all standing around in the dark at our Puyallup Barrens rally point.

Perfect time for you to show up and make an entrance.

Have we all even met before, or were you contracted separately by Silk, and we only knew your voice on the comms until now? So many ways to go - bring it on!

I appreciate the compliment, thank you biggrin.gif I havnt done any online RPing in ages, so I'm trying to re-build my brain muscle.. what better way than with a character background ^_^ As for measurements, I couldn't find a picture I was happy with, so its mostly to help people picture her a little better ^_^ Im sorta picturing a slightly shorter, slightly more curvy, better muscled (thanks to cyberware) elvish candice swanepoel with a cyber-arm..

Currently I'm reading through the entire thread, since I'm not exactly sure what Samara would have experienced. My guess though, is that she'd not have physically met any of the other PCs previously.. she's fairly new to the Shadow Scene (a couple of years)
mister__joshua
Apologies, been really busy at work this week (and the computers have been down, which is why I've been busy) nyahnyah.gif

I'll catch up with IC now, but good that my idea found some appeal biggrin.gif
AlyW
Samara has the following items wirelessly enabled: Eye and Ear mods, smartlinks for Savalette Guardian and Mossberg AM-CMDT, all cyber-arm items that have wireless. All will be routed through her Transys Avalon commlink, with Encryption program running for additional firewall support. Note that the shotgun is concealed in her nearby vehicle.
Aria
I'm not being deliberately lazy... I need to know 2 things to progress the IC from my end...

What are you doing with your restricted/illegal goods when you go uptown?

What specifically are you doing to the hard drives?

Thanks biggrin.gif

@Vegas/Adamu: are we ready to press on with Tribes yet? ohplease.gif biggrin.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 3 2015, 01:42 PM) *
I'm not being deliberately lazy... I need to know 2 things to progress the IC from my end...

What are you doing with your restricted/illegal goods when you go uptown?

What specifically are you doing to the hard drives?

Thanks biggrin.gif

The only thing Al would want to take would be his Remington 990 shotgun (6R). He's got a Rating 6 ID/license for it, so as long as he's discreet (keep it in a duffel) it should be allowed??? Worst that could happen would be they ask him to check it. For the sake of staying in a swanky hotel, Al's willing to go unarmed.
(Though not illegal, I suppose if they spot it they might take his survival knife - he wouldn't think to declare it, as it never occurs to him that it is a weapon.)

That's just me, though. Most of the others probably aren't heavily armed, but not sure how Jan feels about not having grade-A bang-bang at his fingertips. But then, the swanky hotel was his idea...

Other thoughts?

As for the hard drives - I think the hackers were planning to make them safe and then look at them, but of course that's for them to decide.

@Everyone - the casino, then? It's further from the Maiden, but could be more fun...
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 3 2015, 01:42 PM) *
@Vegas/Adamu: are we ready to press on with Tribes yet? ohplease.gif biggrin.gif

Totally 100% ready to go.

Just keep hoping Vegas will let us know what Maus is going to do...still it for it, girl?
AlyW
Where did the other players go..? Is it just you and I now, adamu? :'(
Aria
QUOTE (AlyW @ Aug 3 2015, 11:32 PM) *
Where did the other players go..? Is it just you and I now, adamu? :'(

Sure they're lurking somewhere, not the fastest paced pbp but it limps along smile.gif
RdMarquis
Yeah, I'm just trying to come up with a post that makes sense in my head.
Aria
As a head's up - I've started a recruitment thread on SG for Tribal Beats, the follow up from Tribes here... given that Tribes is still limping along here I'm all for resolving the action at the school, but hope I can entice some of you over to SG to continue the story... smile.gif
mister__joshua
Jan is fine to go unarmed. If you remember the last run he's quite handy with his fists. I'm sure if we get attacked they'll have plenty of spare weapons for me.
adamu
Yup - disarm & harm!

I think Al will not even try to bring his shotgun in - they're not going to let him anyway.

Just leave it in the truck, inside their secured parking.
AlyW
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 4 2015, 09:37 AM) *
As a head's up - I've started a recruitment thread on SG for Tribal Beats, the follow up from Tribes here... given that Tribes is still limping along here I'm all for resolving the action at the school, but hope I can entice some of you over to SG to continue the story... smile.gif

SG?
Vegas
@Tribes

So to attempt to be of more assistance to Silkie and Cam, Maus is going to cast Mass Confusion at F6, extending 18m from a point at which whomever she deems most threatening at that moment (I'll leave that to you to decide Adamu) with the intention of keeping Silkie and Cam clear and affecting the most casualties of those holding Steamer + performing the ritual.

Casting Mass Confusion – F6
Results 8d6t5: 3 [8d6t5=5, 1, 5, 4, 1, 4, 4, 5]

Drain Resistance - 5
Results 7d6t5: 3 [7d6t5=2, 1, 6, 4, 3, 6, 5] = 2 Stun

Once Adamu can share what (if any effect) her spell had, I will gladly toss up a post.

Sorry for my delay :\ I'll get a TTLG post up tomorrow. Ali will likely, depending on the final choice of hotel destination and just how swanky it might be (a.k.a. tighter security), carry in only her "licensed" pistol and leave most of her more sensitive gear/illegal items locked up tight in her truck stashed nearby/in secure parking at the hotel.

Just in case anyone wants to push forward prior to a post from me, those are my basic intentions. smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (AlyW @ Aug 4 2015, 11:41 PM) *
SG?
ShadowGrid or: http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php smile.gif
AlyW
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 5 2015, 04:48 AM) *

I think I have an account there

Edit: Yep, I do. Alyfox!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012