Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
Raiderj
QUOTE (adamu @ May 5 2016, 07:09 PM) *
I'm just giving you a hard time on the third point.

Get yourself a reasonable amount of raw data to work with and let me know what you want and we'll get back to those rolls.

Oh ok... well I will just uh... do that.
Raiderj
Vexboy has low light vision on. (Due to his Low Light Vision his eye color is yellow. His original eye color was hazel! But he keeps Low Light vision on at all times due to how often he used this power. So if he isnt in thermo(red eyes) he is in low light.) He is rolling to observe D-pops mannerisms and facial and bodily features.

Perception (Eyesight): 11d6t5 3

Also who is playing Silk?
adamu
Okay - you've got quite a good look at her.
You've got all the description I've posted throughout the DES thread.
Beyond that, we can say you'd have an easier time recognizing her if she made superficial changes to her appearance (or spotting someone impersonating her).
And it's a first baby step towards being able to ask questions about her regarding psychology.

Was there something else you were looking for?

Silk is of course Aria's PC, but also in use as an NPC/contact. If you contact her on this thread in her capacity as fixer, I'll play her.
Raiderj
I wanted to memorize her and type down any relevant info so it would help track her. And uh... I dunno I guess I was looking for her manerisms.
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ May 7 2016, 10:50 PM) *
Okay - you've got quite a good look at her.
You've got all the description I've posted throughout the DES thread.
Beyond that, we can say you'd have an easier time recognizing her if she made superficial changes to her appearance (or spotting someone impersonating her).
And it's a first baby step towards being able to ask questions about her regarding psychology.

Was there something else you were looking for?

Silk is of course Aria's PC, but also in use as an NPC/contact. If you contact her on this thread in her capacity as fixer, I'll play her.

And I'd appreciate a shout if she's being played as an NPC so I can see what she's getting up to smile.gif like to maintain consistency!
adamu
Well, like, EVERYONE has her as a contact. It's gonna happen.

That said, nothing I'd like more than for you to jump in and run her personally if anyone contacts her....just figured you had a lot on your plate...plus some of her answers might be stuff your other characters don't want to know yet!
adamu
@Dire, Vegas, Raider -

sorry about the abbreviated post - not much DES can do without me saying what is in the room.

Just want to give it a couple of real time days for Vegas and/or Raider to do anything they want...
Raiderj
QUOTE (adamu @ May 9 2016, 09:52 PM) *
@Dire, Vegas, Raider -

sorry about the abbreviated post - not much DES can do without me saying what is in the room.

Just want to give it a couple of real time days for Vegas and/or Raider to do anything they want...

I have a rather risky plan. Ive pmd it to you to reduce temptation from certain parties to attempt to do anything to it.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (Raiderj @ May 9 2016, 06:59 PM) *
I have a rather risky plan. Ive pmd it to you to reduce temptation from certain parties to attempt to do anything to it.

Yep, that's me and Vegas total metagaming pvping players.
Vegas
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ May 9 2016, 09:34 PM) *
Yep, that's me and Vegas total metagaming pvping players.

*snortgiggles* uh oh, we've been found out wink.gif rotfl.gif

In all seriousness though...

Adamu, two things... Rave wants to watch said joygirl as she inputs the door code to see if she can learn it
10d6t5: 6 [10d6t5=5, 6, 1, 3, 5, 3, 1, 5, 5, 5]

Also, wants to watch beyond the door as to who me else might be in the room with joygirl, DES and D-Pop
10d6t5: 4 [10d6t5=2, 6, 1, 3, 5, 5, 3, 6, 2, 3]

Once I know the answers to those questions, I'll post up.
Aria
@Adamu:

Well Fuck! Guess that lets Sprigg know he's awakened! Toxic too no doubt, joy! nyahnyah.gif

Can I get a breakdown on the room, especially exits!

Thanks

Ps, any objection to a retroactive purchase of a smoke grenade? Although that will do bugger all against spirits
adamu
The door you came in is behind you - the spirits are between you and it. There are two doors that lead further into the ramshackle hovel - neither is actually solid. One is a hanging bedsheet, the other is strings of colored beads.

No problem if you want to have bought a smoke grenade - whatever makes the game fun!
Raiderj
Can Vexboy buy some bugging gear then? Retroactively?
adamu
Never saw a slope get slippery so fast.

Yes, Raider, you can.

But from now on no more retroactive purchases by anyone.
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas @ May 10 2016, 03:53 AM) *
*snortgiggles* uh oh, we've been found out wink.gif rotfl.gif

In all seriousness though...

Adamu, two things... Rave wants to watch said joygirl as she inputs the door code to see if she can learn it
10d6t5: 6 [10d6t5=5, 6, 1, 3, 5, 3, 1, 5, 5, 5]

Also, wants to watch beyond the door as to who me else might be in the room with joygirl, DES and D-Pop
10d6t5: 4 [10d6t5=2, 6, 1, 3, 5, 5, 3, 6, 2, 3]

Once I know the answers to those questions, I'll post up.

Well, those dice are hard to argue with.

You get the code.

You are pretty sure there's no one else in the room.
adamu
@Everyone in my game:

Life hitting a very crazy patch.

I will keep trying to do two bumps a week, but really can't guarantee that for a bit.

Current craziness should be a finite thing.
Raiderj
QUOTE (adamu @ May 11 2016, 12:07 AM) *
Never saw a slope get slippery so fast.

Yes, Raider, you can.

But from now on no more retroactive purchases by anyone.

Ok. Well it looks like I may not need it... but it seems like something I would need. I'll take it anyway. Who knows?
adamu
@Mr. Joshua - okay, door's open, the man and woman in the bed do notice the noise of the door opening, the girl is useless (at least for the moment), but the guy will be reacting effectively right away.

Need to have your initiative, action declarations, and rolls for those actions.

Plus defense tests, of course!
Raiderj
My personal favorite part about the website being down is that if Vegas was online she couldn't respond. Love it. frown.gif
Vegas
Yep. I've been locked out either by force or by work until now... Sorry.

Working on a reply now.
JDragon
Alright first post is up and I can't wait to see what Adamu had planned for Rocky this time.

JD
Raiderj
QUOTE (Vegas @ May 15 2016, 11:30 PM) *
Yep. I've been locked out either by force or by work until now... Sorry.

Working on a reply now.

Yay! Your awesome!
adamu
@Mercy -

all the details of your movements and disguises and so forth have been very useful to me.

All those details will continue to matter.

And don't hesitate to throw out some Perception tests at each stage of movment....
Aria
@Adamu/TC:

Seduction roll for Spriggan on (the hopefully hapless) Felix: 13d6t5: 6 [13d6t5=5, 1, 3, 6, 6, 3, 5, 3, 5, 1, 1, 6, 1]

That's Con 6 Cha 7 +4D mentor / glamour / adept -4D background count (I don't think this should be taken off multiple times for using glamour and adept bonuses but I leave that to you to decide! I think I would drop authorative tone to stop an extra +1/-4D and it wouldn't change the hits)

I've been a bit vague with exactly what she's saying to him, not being a master of seduction myself (sadly nyahnyah.gif), maybe I'll go and watch some Bond films to see how the 'experts' do it love.gif
mister__joshua
QUOTE (adamu @ May 14 2016, 11:43 AM) *
@Mr. Joshua - okay, door's open, the man and woman in the bed do notice the noise of the door opening, the girl is useless (at least for the moment), but the guy will be reacting effectively right away.

Need to have your initiative, action declarations, and rolls for those actions.

Plus defense tests, of course!

Right, it's been a while. Let's see if I can remember how to do this....

Initiative: 11+2d6 21

If the guy is close enough and I go first then:
Dive at the guy on the bed, barging the woman if she's in the way. Grapple/pin him to the bed. (10 Agility + 5 Unarmed): 15d6h5 6 (it says 8 but I think Orokos automatically rolls up 6s).

If the guy is further away and I go first:
Intimidate them both (Charisma 3 + Intimidate 1 + 3 misc): 7d6h5 1 (I added 3 misc dice in case I got a bonus for holding a weapon etc. Remove as appropriate. As they all missed it doesn't matter. 1 hit. In this case I may edge re-roll, but I'm hoping I'm close enough for the first course of action.

If I go second:
Defense tests (Int 5 + Rea 6): 11d6t5 5 (I figured out it was rolling up 6s as I was using h instead of t for target number. Apologies).

Depending on how it goes I'll get 2 more actions following this. I can write it IC once I know what's going on.

(Ps. It's been ages since I rolled dice in this game. I just had to look up how to do defense tests! nyahnyah.gif Apologies if I've messed up any of the rolls.
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ May 16 2016, 03:46 PM) *
Right, it's been a while. Let's see if I can remember how to do this....

Initiative: 11+2d6 21

If the guy is close enough and I go first then:
Dive at the guy on the bed, barging the woman if she's in the way. Grapple/pin him to the bed. (10 Agility + 5 Unarmed): 15d6h5 6 (it says 8 but I think Orokos automatically rolls up 6s).

If the guy is further away and I go first:
Intimidate them both (Charisma 3 + Intimidate 1 + 3 misc): 7d6h5 1 (I added 3 misc dice in case I got a bonus for holding a weapon etc. Remove as appropriate. As they all missed it doesn't matter. 1 hit. In this case I may edge re-roll, but I'm hoping I'm close enough for the first course of action.

If I go second:
Defense tests (Int 5 + Rea 6): 11d6t5 5 (I figured out it was rolling up 6s as I was using h instead of t for target number. Apologies).

Depending on how it goes I'll get 2 more actions following this. I can write it IC once I know what's going on.

(Ps. It's been ages since I rolled dice in this game. I just had to look up how to do defense tests! nyahnyah.gif Apologies if I've messed up any of the rolls.

Mister J - see also IC post.

He went first. His burst missed. Or you were too quick to hit. Whatever - write the fluff how you want.

Your grapple attack succeeds in getting him into a hold - not sure where the girl ends up - that's up to you as well.

So write all that how you like.

But on his next action, he's going to break the hold (though that uses his action, which will then make it your second action).
You can write that part or leave it for me.

Here in the OOC, I'll need your declarations and rolls for the second combat phase, plus defensive rolls wouldn't hurt to have.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (adamu @ May 16 2016, 10:14 PM) *
Mister J - see also IC post.

He went first. His burst missed. Or you were too quick to hit. Whatever - write the fluff how you want.

Your grapple attack succeeds in getting him into a hold - not sure where the girl ends up - that's up to you as well.

So write all that how you like.

But on his next action, he's going to break the hold (though that uses his action, which will then make it your second action).
You can write that part or leave it for me.

Here in the OOC, I'll need your declarations and rolls for the second combat phase, plus defensive rolls wouldn't hurt to have.

Well, if he acted on over 21 then I'm going with a change of tac. I was going to add this to my original descriptions but decided to keep it open, but if he's faster than me I'm just going to shoot him and revive him later. Does that need new rolls out shall I use the grape roll? I think I need a couple more dice though.
adamu
Hmmm - if we start changing actions after rolls are made, holy moly pretty soon everyone's going to start wanting to do it and we'll descend into chaos...chaos I tell you!

Since his shot missed you, and then you grappled successfully, and then he escaped successfully, and now it's your turn, well it's pure no effect so far, why not do a cool fluff post of what's already been resolved, and then it's your go and you've lost nothing - you can still shoot him from now, no harm done, and I don't have to set a dangerous and annoying precedent.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (adamu @ May 17 2016, 12:22 AM) *
Hmmm - if we start changing actions after rolls are made, holy moly pretty soon everyone's going to start wanting to do it and we'll descend into chaos...chaos I tell you!

Since his shot missed you, and then you grappled successfully, and then he escaped successfully, and now it's your turn, well it's pure no effect so far, why not do a cool fluff post of what's already been resolved, and then it's your go and you've lost nothing - you can still shoot him from now, no harm done, and I don't have to set a dangerous and annoying precedent.

Sorry, I thought I was stating what happened in different situations. Eg: If I win I try and grapple if close enough. If not I try to intimidate, if he goes first then here's my defense roll and I'll act after that. Is that now how we're running things? I didn't know we had to declare actions absolutely before knowing when we were acting in initiative. In my mind Jan approached the guy who turned out to be surprisingly quick and shot, Jan then dived out of the way and is now about to act.

Maybe I just messed up with how we're doing things. It'd be good to know for the future so I don't get it wrong again. I wasn't trying to change my actions, just thinking how it fits together as a scene.

If I'm already close to him I'll try to punch him in the back of the head as he squirms away.

Punching target in the back of the head (Agility 10 + Unarmed 5): 15d6t5 3
Edit: I may edge that if it doesn't miss by much.

I guess that's a miss then :/

This is already taking longer than I'd hoped. I think my target may have been misrepresented nyahnyah.gif
Aria
@Adamu: Spriggan wants to get really close (well want isn't quite the right word nyahnyah.gif) to Felix whilst continuing to distract him... Enthralling Performance and dance to keep his eyes where I want them

Magic 6 + Dance 8 -4 Background count = 8d6t5: 4 [8d6t5=4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 1, 4, 1] (doh, should be 10D6, but adding on the last two again doesn't make a difference) so that's a negative threshold to his perception tests for

Palming 2 + Agi 4 = 6d6t5: 2 [6d6t5=6, 1, 5, 1, 4, 1] to get a tab of laes out and press it on his wrist... hopefully the performance means I don't need some kind of defaulting unarmed combat roll as that is likely to go seriously wrong nyahnyah.gif

Will IC once you give me some indication of how this pans out!

Should that work it's Chrome Flesh p185

LAÉS (LEÄL, LAÉSAL WINE)
Vector: Ingestion, Inhalation, Injection
Speed: 1 Combat Turn
Duration: 20 x 1D6 minutes
Addiction Type: n/a
Effect: Stun Damage (see below), Memory Loss (see
below)
Laés was created by the government of Tír Tairngire
from the Awakened laésal fruit, thought to grow only in
their government-controlled orchard. Upon taking a dose
of laés, the character must resist 12S damage or fall unconscious
for the drug’s duration, with her memories of the last
(12 – Body, minimum 1) hours erased retroactively from
the mind, starting from the moment the Awakened drug
was administered and working backward. Laés changes the
chemical structure of the memories themselves, rendering
them impossible to recover with technology or magic.
Laés can be ingested, injected, or even rolled into specially
prepared cigarettes to poison unwitting smokers.
adamu
@Dire, Vegas, Raider

Okay, Raider has taken his action.

Vegas, if you want to do anything, you've got maybe two seconds of game time.

Dire, if your spirit is in the room, well, so it goes.
If it is outside the room you can know what is happening outside the door, and, again you've got about two seconds.

Then I'm going to post IC again.
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ May 17 2016, 09:19 AM) *
Sorry, I thought I was stating what happened in different situations. Eg: If I win I try and grapple if close enough. If not I try to intimidate, if he goes first then here's my defense roll and I'll act after that. Is that now how we're running things? I didn't know we had to declare actions absolutely before knowing when we were acting in initiative. In my mind Jan approached the guy who turned out to be surprisingly quick and shot, Jan then dived out of the way and is now about to act.

Maybe I just messed up with how we're doing things. It'd be good to know for the future so I don't get it wrong again. I wasn't trying to change my actions, just thinking how it fits together as a scene.

Mr. J - no, you are doing things just fine.

I am totally good with declaring actions as contingencies. The only problem was adding another contingency after some resolution had taken place.

But yeah, it was a bit gray. Had there been any harm done or cost to your character I probably would have parsed it more carefully, but since everything had been stalemate to that point I figured just go on rather than overcomplicate things.

Anyway, your punch does not miss, it hits.

But with that bone density 4, it's more than a love tap. Your guy is hurt bad now.
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ May 17 2016, 01:06 PM) *
@Adamu: Spriggan wants to get really close (well want isn't quite the right word nyahnyah.gif) to Felix whilst continuing to distract him... Enthralling Performance and dance to keep his eyes where I want them

Magic 6 + Dance 8 -4 Background count = 8d6t5: 4 [8d6t5=4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 1, 4, 1] (doh, should be 10D6, but adding on the last two again doesn't make a difference) so that's a negative threshold to his perception tests for

Palming 2 + Agi 4 = 6d6t5: 2 [6d6t5=6, 1, 5, 1, 4, 1] to get a tab of laes out and press it on his wrist... hopefully the performance means I don't need some kind of defaulting unarmed combat roll as that is likely to go seriously wrong nyahnyah.gif

Will IC once you give me some indication of how this pans out!

Should that work it's Chrome Flesh p185

LAÉS (LEÄL, LAÉSAL WINE)
Vector: Ingestion, Inhalation, Injection
Speed: 1 Combat Turn
Duration: 20 x 1D6 minutes
Addiction Type: n/a
Effect: Stun Damage (see below), Memory Loss (see
below)
Laés was created by the government of Tír Tairngire
from the Awakened laésal fruit, thought to grow only in
their government-controlled orchard. Upon taking a dose
of laés, the character must resist 12S damage or fall unconscious
for the drug’s duration, with her memories of the last
(12 – Body, minimum 1) hours erased retroactively from
the mind, starting from the moment the Awakened drug
was administered and working backward. Laés changes the
chemical structure of the memories themselves, rendering
them impossible to recover with technology or magic.
Laés can be ingested, injected, or even rolled into specially
prepared cigarettes to poison unwitting smokers.

Okay, plan works. He'll collapse, the spirits will stand there.

I'll let you IC that - because I am eager to see the description of your enthralling performance dance, etc!

But don't leave the room yet, please.
DireRadiant
QUOTE (adamu @ May 17 2016, 10:18 AM) *
@Dire, Vegas, Raider

Okay, Raider has taken his action.

Vegas, if you want to do anything, you've got maybe two seconds of game time.

Dire, if your spirit is in the room, well, so it goes.
If it is outside the room you can know what is happening outside the door, and, again you've got about two seconds.

Then I'm going to post IC again.

I need to update OP, but I have a mini drone, MCT Fly Spy outside the room, and the spirit inside the room.
adamu
All right. So you see what Rave and Vexboy see.

if you want to do anything that takes up to two seconds feel free to do so before I continue the action.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (adamu @ May 17 2016, 04:22 PM) *
Mr. J - no, you are doing things just fine.

I am totally good with declaring actions as contingencies. The only problem was adding another contingency after some resolution had taken place.

But yeah, it was a bit gray. Had there been any harm done or cost to your character I probably would have parsed it more carefully, but since everything had been stalemate to that point I figured just go on rather than overcomplicate things.

Anyway, your punch does not miss, it hits.

But with that bone density 4, it's more than a love tap. Your guy is hurt bad now.

Haha. Ouch! Is he out cold then if I try to carry him? Is he critical?

That's great, just wanted to make sure I was doing things right biggrin.gif
adamu
He's not fighting back anymore.
You felt some skull give way.

That's all you get without an Observe in Detail or a First Aid test.

I am not going to assume you take the time to do those, since there was gunfire in a house full of (drunk) bad guys.

How you choose to spend however much time remains to you is totally up to you!
mister__joshua
That's what I assumed. Good, good. I'll get a post up today smile.gif

Edit: I've detailed Jan's next few moves. If I've gone too far ahead, or would need to make some rolls, then let me know and I can edit it back.
Aria
@Adamu: not sure how much time Spriggan has before next actions so I haven't written up any more IC... next vaguely intended actions are to call Silk and then jamb the gas mask back on if there's time...?!?
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ May 18 2016, 10:14 AM) *
That's what I assumed. Good, good. I'll get a post up today smile.gif

Edit: I've detailed Jan's next few moves. If I've gone too far ahead, or would need to make some rolls, then let me know and I can edit it back.

All good.

I would normally want a gymnastics test for jumping off a balcony onto a car with a body on your back, but I looked at the dstance, and your relevant stats and we can say you bought successes.

I'll put an IC up in a bit.
Raiderj
Can I retroactively buy another credstick instead? I need one...
adamu
QUOTE (Raiderj @ May 19 2016, 04:18 AM) *
Can I retroactively buy another credstick instead? I need one...

No more retroactive purchases, please.
adamu
@Chalka group

I am useless for graphics.

Let me make the scene as clear as I can.

The VIP room under attack is about 5m x 5m, with a conference table, four swivel chairs, and over in one corner a plush conversation area piled with large and small cushions.

No windows. One door. The door is now open - clearly the lock was blown off with a demolition charge.

The heavy table has been flipped over facing the door. D-Pop is behind the table.

Bronwyn is making herself as small as possible among the cushions in the corner.

Right beside her, a big hole just opened in wall, blowing sound and dust into the room.

DES can be where he wants.

There will be a -1 visibility mod in the room (same as light smoke for those with countermeasures) until I say otherwise.

Outside the room, there is a balcony overlooking the main floor of the club. The door to the VIP room is on that balcony. The balcony is pretty crowded with people. They may react at some point, but few do yet, since they are regular folks and it takes them a second or two to process things, whereas most of you are amped up. So for now, while Vex and Rave can see the door and the men, you've got a -4 mod to shoot at them and your movement toward them will be at half speed (unless you just don't care about hurting clubgoers, which is your call, talk to me if so).

The balcony is curved, so that Vexboy and Rave can see the door from their vantage points.

I'll say Vexboy is ten meters away in one direction.
Rave was ten meters away in the other direction, but then used her few available seconds to start moving, so now she's five meters away.

So first thing I need DES to resist what is basically a small concussion blast - it will be 5S for you.

Then everyone will need to roll initiative.
Based on the IC, I'll also treat DES and Vexboy as if they have actions delayed, so your first actions can basically be whenever.

I also need a surprise roll from DES for the unexpected wall breach.

Besides initiative, I will need declarations for at least the first pass of the combat turn, and rolls to go with any declared actions.

And never hurts to provided me with some defensive and soak rolls to have handy for you.

Once we get a bit of action resolved I'll open the door for IC posts.

Raiderj
Intitive: 4d6+9 19

Well... Vexboy tries to sneak around the mob of people so he can arrange a sneak attack against these men. He is probably gonna end up spending a point of edge for something at some point.

Sneaking: 12d6t5 3
DireRadiant
Chalka nights Summoning Roll Force 4 Air Spirit(Optional Power Fear) 4 + 6 + 2: 12d6t5 3 and I'll need to know net hits for number of services.

Drain from Chalka nights Summoning Roll Ch + Willpower = 7: 7d6t5 1 and net hits to know drain to resist. And how much stun to recover.

Let me know how much stun I need to recover since sunset. so I can make more rolls if needed.
Summoning Drain Recovery Body 2 + Willpower 2: 4d6t5 1

5S resistance roll Body 2 + Armor 8 = 10d6t5: 10d6t5 2 Ouch I take 4 S smile.gif

Surprise Test Reaction 5 + Intuition 2 - 1 Stun Damage Modifier: 6d6t5 2 I assume this means DES cannot act against whomever comes in the hole.

Initiative 7 + 1d6: 1d6+7 12- 1(Damage Modifier)

Free Action Drop Prone, as if hurt by blast. duh. DES will drop prone behind the overturned table

Simple Action Attribute Boost Reaction Magic 4 + Boost 4 -1 7d6t5: 7d6t5 1 and initiative back up 1

Simple Action Command Spirit - Use Fear on opponents

Did Edge Refresh since the scene where DES rescued D-Pop from the smuggler hangout?

resistance roll Body 2 + Armor 8 = 10d6t5: 10d6t5 3 For whatever happens next, maybe chunky salsa?
adamu
@Chalka group - waiting on Vegas before I do the full resolution, but here are some points you will need along the way....

Raider: You won't need Edge right this second, your Sneak roll will be good in enough in this situation. By the end of your first action pass you'll be positioned near them and undetected.

Dire: Two services on the spirit (it got one hit).

You are right, you are surprised by the guys coming in through the wall, but of course not by the guys coming in through the door.
Your spirit is not surprised at all, and if your command is "Fear on opponents" it will make a 4 Logic/Intuition choice of target when it's chance comes up.
But it has to materialize to perform the action, right, unless it should spot an astral opponent? Can you work up its initiative and then convert to physical for after it uses its first action to Materialize?

Not sure if the sleep before dinner was the regulation eight hours, but it was a good nap followed by a good meal, so you do refresh one point of Edge.

Rikijiat
Hello All, figured I should stick a post here since I posted in the IC Threads thread. I joined the campaign over in ShadowGrid, I know there are no openings for the GMed part of the persistent world but figured I still got a chance to roleplay. Hello Aria, thanks for the info and help. So Hi everybody.

I'm playing Wyvern by the way, dwarf decker, hope we all meet up eventually.
Vegas
Quick FYI while I have any semblance of brain function and a few seconds of "downtime."

If everyone is itching to keep things moving with the weekend being prime posting time, I will not have a chance to post up rolls + detailed actions beyond this until late tomorrow evening/Monday CST. Work is beyond nuts at the moment.

Adamu feel free to roll/post/move Rave forward accordingly. I trust you to take care of her. biggrin.gif

Basically I see her making as quick of a path to the member of the all-male-duo opposite the one Vexboy is making a run at and attempting to delay/subdue/put down as necessary to "keep the peace" and maybe gain D-Pop's confidence that Rave is at least a neutral party/ally in this given situation and allow her to get closer (provided no one dies in the approaching combat) biggrin.gif

Hope that helps, and sorry I'm not able to do more ATM, my weekends are basically shot for gaming until November. :\
adamu
@Vegas - appreciate the update.

As it happens, I just got in after a punishing evening (dinner, shopping, cinema - but I'm old and weak enough that that = punishing), make it a rule not to post on Sundays, and will be crazy busy at work on Monday.

So your tentative schedule really is actually golden.

But will keep your offer in mind if you end up being tied up much longer - thanks!
DireRadiant
QUOTE (adamu @ May 21 2016, 04:33 AM) *
Dire: Two services on the spirit (it got one hit).

DES gets one extra service when summoning Air Spirits with Spirit Affinity Air

QUOTE (adamu @ May 21 2016, 04:33 AM) *
You are right, you are surprised by the guys coming in through the wall, but of course not by the guys coming in through the door.
Your spirit is not surprised at all, and if your command is "Fear on opponents" it will make a 4 Logic/Intuition choice of target when it's chance comes up.
But it has to materialize to perform the action, right, unless it should spot an astral opponent? Can you work up its initiative and then convert to physical for after it uses its first action to Materialize?

Astral Init
Force 4 Air SPirit Astral Init: 3d6+8 25

Physical Init
Force 4 Air Spirit Init: 2d6+12 22
22 = Materialize - The spirit must be on the same plane as the target, Fear is Mana based so it could work astrally, but only on astral or dual natured targets.
12 = Fear
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012