Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
adamu
@LG - Aria

Okay, with the possession and ensuing chaos, now is the time for Al to start shooting.
Will not shoot the possessee - otherwise, will go for physically largest targets first.

As for rolls - I seriously do not want to weasel out of past rolls (there is just the one bad one), so we can use those.
But I am also conscious of the fact that they are pages and pages/months and months back - do you want fresh rolls? If not, having switched to rifle, you will need to take two dice off the the last batch I made when I thought I'd be hitting them at the barricade, but also the Accuracy will be higher, so please ignore comments on the one roll exceeding the limit.

Anyway, do we receive all this tactical info that Haze was sending?
rythymhack
@Tribes

Are we (currently) able to see the the returning orks? For that matter, since the message was given to Maus by a spirit, do I KNOW they are returning?
adamu
They are not yet in sight (not too far away, but the corridor is gloomy and cluttered with junk and various (meta)human traffic.

Vegas has apparently been pretty busy with RL lately - I think it is safe to assume that Maus will let Silkie and Pendulum what is up.
rythymhack
It sounds like to get to the woman we have to go directly towards the orks. Is there enough stable clutter (abandoned lockers and whatnot) to go OVER the foot traffic (and possibly sneak over the returning orks).
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 6 2014, 06:21 AM) *
Ok, time to vaguely re-remember the matrix rules (it's been a while since I read them now frown.gif), so all icons in 100m automatically visible...there are a fair few, one of your matrix perception hits will tell you there are also hidden icons within 100m. I need an oppesed comp+intuition [data processing] vs. Logic+sleeze (which most of the foe won't have of course...)

Don't forget you have the laser turret at your beck and call too with a control device action...

So, I did the roll right? I'll edit in an action to use the turret, though.

I'll take a look Circus Tricks, too. Maybe I'll try a different character.
adamu
QUOTE (rythymhack @ Sep 7 2014, 02:11 AM) *
It sounds like to get to the woman we have to go directly towards the orks. Is there enough stable clutter (abandoned lockers and whatnot) to go OVER the foot traffic (and possibly sneak over the returning orks).

Always fun when the players surprise!

Sure, that could work. The stuff would be a bit rickety - everyone that went that route would need two hits on a Climbing test.
Aria
@LG: Ok, I know there’ve been some rolls made in the past but as adamu noted that was a looong time ago and I’m not particularly inclined to hunt them down, plus there are some new players in the mix…so, please could everyone make a ‘rolls’ post with at least 5 rolls of each of typical attack, ranged defence, melee defence, perception and surprise. Plus any others you think might be really useful to have done ahead of time! Please note the assumptions in calculating dice totals eg:

Initiative: Rea(9) + Int(4) + 2d6
13+2d6 → [13,1,5] = (19)

Surprise: Rea(9) + Int(4) [threshold 3]
13d6.hits(5) → [3,5,1,5,3,2,2,6,2,4,6,4,1] = (4)

Please list them in this format too if using Invisible Castle, that way I can add / take away D by wrapping the rolls around...

Can you then link the ‘rolls’ post with your character sheet for future reference so we don’t have to hunt for them again?

Thanks!
rythymhack
Well, that did not go as planned. 7d6.hits(5)=0
adamu
QUOTE (rythymhack @ Sep 9 2014, 08:38 PM) *

Yikes - seems the up and over ploy looked promising, but not as stable as it appeared…

You've still got at least 30 seconds, maybe a minute, until the orks coming back from outside reach your current position...
RdMarquis
QUOTE (rythymhack @ Sep 9 2014, 12:38 PM) *

I haven't been keeping up with your game, but Edge is your friend, if you still have any.
rythymhack
Not with one edge and bad luck it isnt =) . I'm the guy who, when playing diablo, tended to die because I was saving the health potions for emergencies =/. That being the case I wanted to really NEED to use it (blow up the death star) rather than "it would be a good idea" (avoiding mooks).

mister__joshua
Sorry for my lack of recent activity. Been really hectic the first 2 weeks back at work, and the next few promise little different. I'll keep popping in and try to get involved when I can.

For the moment at least Jan is not reacting until he has to (cover blown or great opportunity arises).
Aria
@LG: Sorry if you are waiting on me, manic week! Will try and get something up before the weekend but no promises nyahnyah.gif
adamu
QUOTE (rythymhack @ Sep 11 2014, 02:22 AM) *
Not with one edge and bad luck it isnt =) . I'm the guy who, when playing diablo, tended to die because I was saving the health potions for emergencies =/. That being the case I wanted to really NEED to use it (blow up the death star) rather than "it would be a good idea" (avoiding mooks).

Well, you can also check out the retry rules on p. 49.

Or do something else.

But let's not let the game grind to a halt!

(If I used smiley things I'd use one now.)
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Sep 11 2014, 12:01 PM) *
For the moment at least Jan is not reacting until he has to (cover blown or great opportunity arises).

Dude!

Just my crazy two cents, but great opportunity? With their spirit subduing their own guy in fear of what he might do if possessed, 40% of their advance element is at least for the moment out of action, with the others spooked. And with LeFey on the laser we're positioned to hit them from three angles, not counting whatever else voodoo girl might get up to.

I will be shooting now. (NOT the guy getting possessed, otherwise choose physically largest target in vague hopes of not hitting our girl extractee)

(rolls forthcoming, really)
adamu
@Aria - Okay - I did all the rolls asked for.
Sorry to be slow.

They are in the post that you've already linked to on the character roster.
The Sarge
@ Aria - I added all dice rolls on the char sheet as well
adamu
@LG - sorry everybody - I think we were really in a position to put the squeeze on their entry team, and there I was pushing Mr. J to back my play, but once Al knows Ali/Nyx is in trouble, afraid that has to trump everything else RP-wise…

Personally, I think between the laser, the voodoo, and the heavily armed merc, you're still in a great position to do some hurting, but I'm no longer in a position to make that call.

With luck, Kelly will post soon and get the situation in there under control before things go too far south!
RdMarquis
QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 12 2014, 12:28 PM) *
@LG - sorry everybody - I think we were really in a position to put the squeeze on their entry team, and there I was pushing Mr. J to back my play, but once Al knows Ali/Nyx is in trouble, afraid that has to trump everything else RP-wise…

Ah, don't worry about it. There are plenty of things LeFey would place at a higher priority than the job at large. Which reminds me, I still need to make a bunch of rolls. Give me a while to take care of that.
RdMarquis
@LG

Here are my rolls. If you think I need more or are lacking a skill, let me know.

For Matrix Perception: Computer (5) + Intuition (5) +2 for Hot-Sim = 12d6

12d6.hits(5) → [2,1,3,1,4,1,5,1,3,2,1,4] = (1)
12d6.hits(5) → [3,2,6,1,4,2,4,1,6,1,3,4] = (2)
12d6.hits(5) → [2,6,6,2,6,5,1,1,5,1,2,1] = (5)
12d6.hits(5) → [5,1,4,1,4,5,5,2,2,4,6,5] = (5)
12d6.hits(5) → [1,3,5,6,3,6,2,3,6,1,3,3] = (4)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4641884/

Hacking on the Fly: Hacking (5) + Logic (5) + Codeslinger (+2) +2 for Hot-Sim = 14d6 (+2 for Hosts)

14d6.hits(5) → [3,5,3,3,2,4,1,2,1,1,3,6,6,4] = (3)
14d6.hits(5) → [4,1,4,1,1,3,3,4,4,4,6,4,5,4] = (2)
14d6.hits(5) → [4,3,2,5,4,5,3,5,2,2,3,2,6,5] = (5)
14d6.hits(5) → [6,5,2,1,6,1,1,6,6,2,5,6,6,5] = (9)
14d6.hits(5) → [2,4,4,5,3,6,6,6,5,5,3,5,2,2] = (7)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4641885/

Snoop (LeFey hasn't used this, but she should start): Electronic Warfare (5) + Intuition (5) +2 for Specialization +2 for Hot-Sim = 14d6

14d6.hits(5) → [5,3,5,2,4,6,3,5,2,2,5,3,3,1] = (5)
14d6.hits(5) → [1,2,1,1,6,1,4,4,6,3,2,1,6,4] = (3)
14d6.hits(5) → [3,1,4,6,3,1,3,6,1,4,6,6,4,5] = (5)
14d6.hits(5) → [1,6,6,6,4,4,1,6,6,1,3,1,1,2] = (5)
14d6.hits(5) → [5,2,5,5,3,3,3,2,6,5,4,1,4,1] = (5)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4641890/

Spoof Command (Ditto for this): Hacking (5) + Intuition (5) +2 for Hot-Sim = 12d6

12d6.hits(5) → [1,2,5,3,6,3,1,5,6,4,3,2] = (4)
12d6.hits(5) → [4,5,6,6,4,6,1,3,6,3,2,3] = (5)
12d6.hits(5) → [2,2,5,3,6,4,3,5,2,5,3,5] = (5)
12d6.hits(5) → [1,2,3,3,1,6,5,4,1,1,4,2] = (2)
12d6.hits(5) → [6,6,1,5,1,5,1,5,4,5,3,4] = (6)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4641892/
adamu
@Tribes

Rythymhack has been having technical issues with posting, but he now wants the team to simply use all the in the corridor to hide as the orks pass.

It's an opposed test, anyone that wants to do so give me a Sneak roll, and you can add a die for the abundant junk that fills this corridor.
Aria
I'll make the roll as you asked but it occurs to Silkie/me that unless there's a reason for the incoming orcs to link us to the attack (cybereyes I guess) then we should be safe enough 'blending with the crowd' ...even though I get the impression it's not that crowded there are still other mall patrons in here not running around like headless chickens???

Sneaking 2 + Agi 6 +1 [Phys 4] 9d6.hits(5) → [4,6,2,2,1,2,1,2,6] = (2)

I leave it to adamu to decide whether Briar can find anything useful rather than making any rolls for her biggrin.gif
rythymhack
@Tribes

<a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4645878/">7d6.hits(5)=3</a>

@Aria

True. But the trolls were obviously looking for us. Do we know for SURE the orcs are not the ones who were trying to make contact just after we took them out? And we let the trolls go. Granted we have THEIR comlinks, but they ARE gang members. (just some OOC explanation of my reasoning)
adamu
Blending into the crowd is certainly one tactic, and should be quite effective if your deduction is correct that they don't know who you are.

As for Briar, she is sort of on the periphery at this point, no use in throwing piles of dice.
This will be much easier than her previous search since (A) she knows exactly where to look, and (B) it is outside the mall walls.
There is a lot of vehicle traffic right around the crime mall, and by no means all clunkers - I think it should be no problem for her to get into a good vehicles sensor suite and passively watch things.

For the moment, she can see the pregnant woman go to and mount a bike, but then pause and seems to be gathering her wits for a moment.

We'll see what Maus decides to do with the spirit…

And how the hide rolls go...
RdMarquis
@LG

I should have been rolling to brick devices, as well.

Cybercombat (5) + Logic (5) +2 for Hot-Sim = 12d6

12d6.hits(5) → [3,3,3,5,3,3,2,5,6,5,2,5] = (5)
12d6.hits(5) → [5,6,4,5,5,5,1,1,4,3,3,2] = (5)
12d6.hits(5) → [5,1,6,2,6,2,2,1,1,6,4,3] = (4)
12d6.hits(5) → [2,2,3,3,6,4,5,6,4,1,4,3] = (3)
12d6.hits(5) → [1,1,6,6,4,4,5,6,1,6,1,6] = (6)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4648617/

Her DV is 5. Also, note that she's Running Silent, but she's dropped the Veil.
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Sep 18 2014, 11:34 PM) *
@LG

I should have been rolling to brick devices, as well.

Cybercombat (5) + Logic (5) +2 for Hot-Sim = 12d6

12d6.hits(5) → [3,3,3,5,3,3,2,5,6,5,2,5] = (5)
12d6.hits(5) → [5,6,4,5,5,5,1,1,4,3,3,2] = (5)
12d6.hits(5) → [5,1,6,2,6,2,2,1,1,6,4,3] = (4)
12d6.hits(5) → [2,2,3,3,6,4,5,6,4,1,4,3] = (3)
12d6.hits(5) → [1,1,6,6,4,4,5,6,1,6,1,6] = (6)

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4648617/

Her DV is 5. Also, note that she's Running Silent, but she's dropped the Veil.

I'm not sure it's that easy unless they are running with their guns 'not on wifi silent' and given there is absolutely no reason to do so then you need to go through the rigmarole of searching for hidden icons (you find more than a few!) and then interrogating them until you find what you are looking for...that said there's no need to change your present IC, one gun goes poof! Will try and get IC written up soon as I know you are all waiting for me now, sorry...

EDIT: IC up and running...should give you something to think about ork.gif

I've been vague about what exactly everyone is up to so feel free to ask some questions OoC...enjoy!

adamu
@Aria

Yikes!
You've thrown us for more than a few loops in this run, but this is the first time I felt scared!

Okay - most important question - does Silk ever share any of this with us, or do we need to keep playing while pretending we don't know all this stuff???

Next most important - how long till Al can reach the mezzanine? In relative terms, how long after the three "patients" go for Haze? Is he there in time to see that?

Once he gets there, what stands between him and the room our three ladies are in?

Finally (for now), that Fischer fellow seemed like kind of a badass…wasn't he in the room with our ladies?
Of course, Al wouldn't really know the answer to that...
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 23 2014, 11:09 PM) *
@Aria

Yikes!
You've thrown us for more than a few loops in this run, but this is the first time I felt scared!

Okay - most important question - does Silk ever share any of this with us, or do we need to keep playing while pretending we don't know all this stuff???

Next most important - how long till Al can reach the mezzanine? In relative terms, how long after the three "patients" go for Haze? Is he there in time to see that?

Once he gets there, what stands between him and the room our three ladies are in?

Finally (for now), that Fischer fellow seemed like kind of a badass…wasn't he in the room with our ladies?
Of course, Al wouldn't really know the answer to that...

Muwahahah ork.gif

The little gems I've been dropping are strictly for background / dramatic tension, if Silk does choose to share stuff with you I'll either let you know IC or OoC, so Al can remain in blissful ignorance for now. That said you've heard the rumours on the streets too so you could jump to the same conclusion that Silk did, albeit perhaps a little later...

To keep things moving let's assume you reach mezzanine level shortly after Haze confronts the patients. There are 3 there, 2 more still in the doorway and an unknown number inside. I know that throws wobbles in the timeline but pbp is more about story and less about strict timekeeping, at least to my mind...!

Fischer buggered off somewhere I believe to help coordinate the defence (although he left the frontal assault to you guys...)
adamu
@Aria

Got it!

I'll wait until Al has a bit more IC contact with these freaks before he makes the Sybil guess.
Anyway, I am a bit behind on current game world fluff, but near as I can tell, even in the shadows we are lacking a lot of definitive answers on this stuff (gotta get Stolen Souls, but also wanna go back and pick up Storm Front first - I missed a lot on my four-year SR hiatus).

Timing-wise I think it is all good - we were pretty hazy on exactly how far away they were from each other in the first place, so I will be happy to get back in time for Haze's confrontation.

I'll give Ericen a couple of days to post in case he wants to do something first, but if not then Al will have to charge to the rescue!
adamu
@Tribes -

with the ball in Vegas' court, PMed her and, being busy with RL, she has asked me to run Maus until she is back to posting.

Will IC a bit soon, and hopefully we can jumpstart this game a bit...
adamu
@Tribes - okay, quick IC up - the orks pass by, and the spirit successfully stalls the woman, which is observed by Briar.

Feel free to describe all that as you wish IC, or I will if no one chimes in within a few days.

And of course proceed with new actions!
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 23 2014, 03:56 AM) *
I'm not sure it's that easy unless they are running with their guns 'not on wifi silent' and given there is absolutely no reason to do so then you need to go through the rigmarole of searching for hidden icons (you find more than a few!) and then interrogating them until you find what you are looking for...that said there's no need to change your present IC, one gun goes poof!

Ooh. I thought I'd rolled well enough on Matrix Perception to pick up their equipment. Unless that's not how it works? I'd better give those rules a second look.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 24 2014, 08:58 PM) *
I'll wait until Al has a bit more IC contact with these freaks before he makes the Sybil guess.
Anyway, I am a bit behind on current game world fluff, but near as I can tell, even in the shadows we are lacking a lot of definitive answers on this stuff (gotta get Stolen Souls, but also wanna go back and pick up Storm Front first - I missed a lot on my four-year SR hiatus).

I'm really behind on the current fluff, but I'm hoping that by remaining blissfully ignorant Aria will slowly bring me up to date in the most horrific ways possible nyahnyah.gif (ie. I'm hoping my the end of this game I'll have discovered all the latest story bits)

@Ericen: Great to have you along. Would you mind adding the date/time stamps to your IC posts please? It's throws me every time I see one. biggrin.gif
adamu
@Looking Glass

Okay, I've got Al just around a corner from the mezzanine.

Partly, he stopped because some part of his brain knows it's the smart play to take advantage of the recon available.

Mostly I stopped him just because I need a more clear picture of what's going on in order to post forward.

My impression from earlier IC was that three of the patients were basically attacking Haze…is that right?

Plus two at the door of the office…

What does the drone show INSIDE the room? Where exactly are our three ladies?

And I am assuming these patients are still wearing their robe things - no armor…!
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 25 2014, 09:19 PM) *
@Looking Glass

Okay, I've got Al just around a corner from the mezzanine.

Partly, he stopped because some part of his brain knows it's the smart play to take advantage of the recon available.

Mostly I stopped him just because I need a more clear picture of what's going on in order to post forward.

My impression from earlier IC was that three of the patients were basically attacking Haze…is that right?

Plus two at the door of the office…

What does the drone show INSIDE the room? Where exactly are our three ladies?

And I am assuming these patients are still wearing their robe things - no armor…!

The patients outside are unarmed, they are moving to intercept Haze rather than attack,

2 inside + 1 guard armed with stun batons...one of them is the troll Jan downed earlier, IC upcoming
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 24 2014, 08:48 PM) *
There are 3 there, 2 more still in the doorway and an unknown number inside.

QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 26 2014, 01:16 PM) *
The patients outside are unarmed, they are moving to intercept Haze rather than attack,

2 inside + 1 guard armed with stun batons...one of them is the troll Jan downed earlier, IC upcoming

Okay - fog of war - I am unsure if we have three with Haze, two in door, and three in room, OR just three with Haze and three in room.

I'll leave next IC vague enough on that point not to contradict either possibility.

My action is to barrel straight ihto the room, running behind the three that Haze is distracting and straight past anyone else remaining on the path (not that Gymnastics-around-them option in the last para of the Intercept section, just running past). I seriously doubt any of these patients can tag Al well enough with an Intercept action to stop him, but if they do, so be it - his Complex action will become bashing them with his shotgun butt.

Assuming he is not stopped from entering the room (don't know the exact distance, so Walk or Run, as applicable), he will Take Aim for an extra die and then put an armor-piercing slug through the guard prodding at Ali (careful not to shoot any of the downed runners, of course).

Still Full D all the time, leaving me one full IP per Turn.

I am not taking the time for mystery-solving or actual Simple Action Perception tests at this point, but if I should just happen to notice:
- whether any patients have picked up any of the rather lavish assortment of weapons our ladies were packing
- whether that old man's, or anyone else's "prodding" is skin-on-skin, or otherwise invasive, or weird…
- whether these people are talking at all, or all zombie-ish

Just whatever I can get, understand things may be happening too fast to pick up that sort of detail at this stage.
adamu
@Ericen

Thanks for the back-up!
(Sorry to ruin your McHughes diplomacy - Al is just in red alert mode right now for a couple of reasons.)

Anyway, I REALLY should be careful about referring to weapons in the IC just by brand name, because a lot of these SR-fluff brands make a wide range of items.
I guess you thought by Defiance you thought I meant the venerable Super-shock or something. Sadly for the guard who is about to die, I was in fact referring to my trusty Defiance T-250, currently with a magazine full of APDS slugs.

Just thought you should know, because it will be clear to Haze that Al is probably NOT in non-lethal mode at the moment.

Not suggesting how you play - just wanted to be clear on the information I had provided!

Stay sharp - Al and Haze are outnumbered about 4-to-1 here!

@Aria - basically just an RP color detail, but the guard Al hopes to shoot is not Four or Seven, is it?
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 26 2014, 10:33 PM) *
Okay - fog of war - I am unsure if we have three with Haze, two in door, and three in room, OR just three with Haze and three in room.

I'll leave next IC vague enough on that point not to contradict either possibility.

My action is to barrel straight ihto the room, running behind the three that Haze is distracting and straight past anyone else remaining on the path (not that Gymnastics-around-them option in the last para of the Intercept section, just running past). I seriously doubt any of these patients can tag Al well enough with an Intercept action to stop him, but if they do, so be it - his Complex action will become bashing them with his shotgun butt.

Assuming he is not stopped from entering the room (don't know the exact distance, so Walk or Run, as applicable), he will Take Aim for an extra die and then put an armor-piercing slug through the guard prodding at Ali (careful not to shoot any of the downed runners, of course).

Still Full D all the time, leaving me one full IP per Turn.

I am not taking the time for mystery-solving or actual Simple Action Perception tests at this point, but if I should just happen to notice:
- whether any patients have picked up any of the rather lavish assortment of weapons our ladies were packing
- whether that old man's, or anyone else's "prodding" is skin-on-skin, or otherwise invasive, or weird…
- whether these people are talking at all, or all zombie-ish

Just whatever I can get, understand things may be happening too fast to pick up that sort of detail at this stage.
Three inside, two in the doorway and three approaching Haze… they are surprised when you barrel through them but seem to be behaving normally rather than in some zombie fashion…and yes, that was Surprised in the game sense too…ouch for the poor guard…

One of the patients inside is in the process of relieving weapons from their victims…

QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 27 2014, 04:19 PM) *
@Ericen

Thanks for the back-up!
(Sorry to ruin your McHughes diplomacy - Al is just in red alert mode right now for a couple of reasons.)

Anyway, I REALLY should be careful about referring to weapons in the IC just by brand name, because a lot of these SR-fluff brands make a wide range of items.
I guess you thought by Defiance you thought I meant the venerable Super-shock or something. Sadly for the guard who is about to die, I was in fact referring to my trusty Defiance T-250, currently with a magazine full of APDS slugs.

Just thought you should know, because it will be clear to Haze that Al is probably NOT in non-lethal mode at the moment.

Not suggesting how you play - just wanted to be clear on the information I had provided!

Stay sharp - Al and Haze are outnumbered about 4-to-1 here!

@Aria - basically just an RP color detail, but the guard Al hopes to shoot is not Four or Seven, is it?
No, not one you’ve seen yet (other than on the manifests provided by LeFey)…

Sorry, can you either roll a couple of melee defence tests or dredge back for a link to your old rolls? I’m happy with either but I’m rushing through this so don’t have time to hunt the OoC myself…

@Tribes; sorry for the brief IC, see my above note about rushing nyahnyah.gif
adamu
@Aria - I did a million new rolls when you asked for them a week or so ago.

I edited them into the post with Al's character description so that it would always be easy for you to find, since that is already linked to the character roster post at the head of this thread. Just be sure to use the link to Al that is on the Looking Glass roster (not the link in the General IC roster).

Anything else you need, just shout!
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 30 2014, 10:50 PM) *
@Aria - I did a million new rolls when you asked for them a week or so ago.

I edited them into the post with Al's character description so that it would always be easy for you to find, since that is already linked to the character roster post at the head of this thread. Just be sure to use the link to Al that is on the Looking Glass roster (not the link in the General IC roster).

Anything else you need, just shout!

Lol, brain is in meltdown at the moment, thanks, will check out the new rolls nyahnyah.gif
Aria
Ok, try again...

@LG/Al: IP1 surprise / you gut the guard figure, IP2 troll girlie takes a swing and the patient at floor level draws a gun...you technically get an action before he shoots at you but it seemed colourful to have you be shot at and dodge effortlessly, you've only used one of your def actions if you want to cross one out... looks like your foes are going to have to work a lotttt harder to hit ol' Al!
adamu
So far so good! Yeah, Al is pretty hard to hit.

Flip side is that he gets only one IP per combat turn (all his current batch of initiative rolls are between 11 and 20, and being on full-defense he subtracts 10).
So he has no more actions until the next combat turn (if these patients get more than one IP a turn, then they will come off as a lot faster than expected in Al's eyes, and he'll definitely note that!).

Not sure exactly what you mean by crossing off a def action…I sometimes feel like I am still getting back into the game, so if I'm missing something rules-wise do let me know.
But full-defense is a bonus applicable to an unlimited number of attacks.

In the next combat turn, Al's actions will be to use walking movement to get back against a wall (or a corner if there is one), and then Aim (for extra die) and Shoot the person that shot at him (the elderly guy, right?) - if that troll girl is still swinging at him, guess you'll have to take off the three-die shooter in melee penalty.

If you need another combat turn after that, it is either Aim and Shoot anyone still shooting at him, OR if there are no further shooters he'll use a Complex Action to Melee Attack with his shotgun butt, starting with the troll.
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Oct 2 2014, 09:53 PM) *
So far so good! Yeah, Al is pretty hard to hit.

Flip side is that he gets only one IP per combat turn (all his current batch of initiative rolls are between 11 and 20, and being on full-defense he subtracts 10).
So he has no more actions until the next combat turn (if these patients get more than one IP a turn, then they will come off as a lot faster than expected in Al's eyes, and he'll definitely note that!).

Not sure exactly what you mean by crossing off a def action…I sometimes feel like I am still getting back into the game, so if I'm missing something rules-wise do let me know.
But full-defense is a bonus applicable to an unlimited number of attacks.

In the next combat turn, Al's actions will be to use walking movement to get back against a wall (or a corner if there is one), and then Aim (for extra die) and Shoot the person that shot at him (the elderly guy, right?) - if that troll girl is still swinging at him, guess you'll have to take off the three-die shooter in melee penalty.

If you need another combat turn after that, it is either Aim and Shoot anyone still shooting at him, OR if there are no further shooters he'll use a Complex Action to Melee Attack with his shotgun butt, starting with the troll.

Sorry, I meant cross the first of your def rolls off your list so that we can keep track...

The three two in here with you have 1IP each so I don't anticipate them lasting long. The troll girl is going to keep swinging with her stun baton, not that she stands a hope in hell of hitting you, even with the penalty on your attack roll for being in melee you still get 2 hits and the old guy isn't that quick on his feet (even if he was standing up) so feel free to IC his messy demise and follow up with your attack on the sadly abused teenager which will be a short fight too...
adamu
Cool.

So wasn't sure if "(it) will be a short fight too." was a green light to take her down, so just wrote the attack and left outcome unstated.

So for rolls, I should cross off:
3 initiative
2 shotgun attacks
1 melee attack
3 defense rolls (two from the troll, one from the old guy)
1 surprise check
…is that right?

Next action will depend on remaining threats in sight plus whatever Al can hear/see on the drone feeds.
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Oct 4 2014, 12:55 AM) *
Cool.

So wasn't sure if "(it) will be a short fight too." was a green light to take her down, so just wrote the attack and left outcome unstated.

So for rolls, I should cross off:
3 initiative
2 shotgun attacks
1 melee attack
3 defense rolls (two from the troll, one from the old guy)
1 surprise check
…is that right?

Next action will depend on remaining threats in sight plus whatever Al can hear/see on the drone feeds.
Only two def rolls, the other attack was a 'story driven' attack with no associated rolls. Short fight in this case was meant to be taken as 'barely worth rolling, buy hits takedown' nyahnyah.gif

Still five left, two in the doorway, three more between Haze and the door...
Aria
@Tribes,

Sure I will be doing this a lot so: Commanding Voice: Cha 5 + Intimidate 6 + First Impression 2 [Limit 8]

13d6.hits(5) → [2,5,2,5,1,2,6,6,1,3,1,5,5] = (6)
13d6.hits(5) → [3,4,1,5,3,4,3,5,6,4,2,4,1] = (3)
13d6.hits(5) → [4,1,3,3,3,2,6,5,1,6,5,5,6] = (6)
13d6.hits(5) → [6,6,4,4,1,5,3,5,3,1,2,4,6] = (5)
13d6.hits(5) → [5,3,3,6,6,3,5,6,6,4,6,3,6] = (8)

If I'm threatening 'pregnant lady' I'm not sure if you want one roll or lots, might need to take off FI dice after a bit...?
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Oct 6 2014, 01:50 PM) *
@Tribes,

Sure I will be doing this a lot so: Commanding Voice: Cha 5 + Intimidate 6 + First Impression 2 [Limit 8]

13d6.hits(5) → [2,5,2,5,1,2,6,6,1,3,1,5,5] = (6)
13d6.hits(5) → [3,4,1,5,3,4,3,5,6,4,2,4,1] = (3)
13d6.hits(5) → [4,1,3,3,3,2,6,5,1,6,5,5,6] = (6)
13d6.hits(5) → [6,6,4,4,1,5,3,5,3,1,2,4,6] = (5)
13d6.hits(5) → [5,3,3,6,6,3,5,6,6,4,6,3,6] = (cool.gif

If I'm threatening 'pregnant lady' I'm not sure if you want one roll or lots, might need to take off FI dice after a bit...?

Well, another reason for me to get Stolen Souls, cuz without it I now apparently have no RAW description of Commanding Voice, since according to the SG errata, that version stands, and apparently the one in SG no longer exists in any form (???), having been replaced with the more expensive and slightly more useful Authoritative Tone.

So at some point I suppose we'll have to clarify whether Silkie has the Stolen Souls Commanding Voice or the Street Grimoire Authoritative Tone.

Right now I am not too bothered, since either way you have a zillion successes, and that is not counting hefty situational mods in your favor. She's going to start talking for sure up against those six successes. IC up soon.
adamu
@Looking Glass-

Okay, will mark off the die rolls as directed (at this rate, will need more soon).

So moving onto declaration of next actions, pretty simple:

Stay on full defense. Walking movement to stand over Ali.

In next Combat Turn, Aim and Shoot whoever is going for the biggest gun.

In the following Combat Turn, Aim and Shoot the other guy.
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Oct 6 2014, 09:23 PM) *
Well, another reason for me to get Stolen Souls, cuz without it I now apparently have no RAW description of Commanding Voice, since according to the SG errata, that version stands, and apparently the one in SG no longer exists in any form (???), having been replaced with the more expensive and slightly more useful Authoritative Tone.

So at some point I suppose we'll have to clarify whether Silkie has the Stolen Souls Commanding Voice or the Street Grimoire Authoritative Tone.

Damn, I've missed that, will have to go and dig out the errata!
adamu
@Aria

Okay - I have crossed out the rolls as requested. (I think it played hell with the Links to Invis Castle, but then I am so bad at computers it seems some of the links didn't work anyway.)

Ran out of initiative rolls, so added new ones.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012