Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
Always Overkill
@justkelly- I really like them. Interesting concept, made me think of the three Fates.

Still new to the SR Magic systems, so I cant give too much critique on their builds.

Sidenote- As been previously stated, some GMs may have issue with running all 3 together at once, swelling group size. But as long as they aren't glued at the hip, I doubt it will be a problem.
Always Overkill
@Tribes: First Aid roll for Kettle: 4 Hits
adamu
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ May 5 2014, 04:13 PM) *
@Tribes: First Aid roll for Kettle: 4 Hits

As suggested earlier, that will be more than enough to fully patch her up, and in minimal time as well.
Drace
@general: sorry for lack of posts the last few days, weekends are usually family time and the little one decided to only nap when we were out and about, on top of an unexpected long weekend. Catching up on posts now

@L&L:
Overkill- Yep Bravo team has been together for a length of time with the members having had a few missions together to start to get cohesive.

@Tribes: Posted in recruitment section concerning how outsiders could have met with Frizzen and possible contact interaction (Frizzen's contacts being a Gun runner, street doc, and a drug dealer). Aswell, the bone density on the char sheet hasn't taken place yet (will rp it to happen the next day)

As well, great to see an excess of players now, be fun to get this chaotic ball rolling devil.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Drace @ May 5 2014, 06:54 PM) *
Aswell, the bone density on the char sheet hasn't taken place yet (will rp it to happen the next day)

And did you notice the totally awesome typo in your advancements section?!

Signed,
Immature adamu
Vegas
Assensing both Kettle and Frizzen on her approach.
Frizzen: 7d6.hits(5) → [6,3,4,4,6,5,4] = (3)
Kettle: 7d6.hits(5) → [5,2,4,3,1,6,4] = (2)
Drace
Heheheh

That would be a suitably effective non lethal weapon. Unless it shoots buckshot, in which case it may be a breaking of Geneva convention on poisoning weapons.

Fixed though, almost kept it for laughter sake tbh.
adamu
@Vegas -
Frizzen - no surprises - his sheet is posted, so you can assume Maus knows that he is mundane and has a clear idea of where his cyber is. He's healthy, no astral signatures, and I would guess his general emotional state is distressed but calm and focused - but Drace can correct me on that.

Kettle - mundane, generally quite healthy, no cyber, and totally terrified and panicked.
adamu
@Tribes

Things starting to gel into a group.

Looks like we've got our choice of triplet!

Most but not all have played in Aria's campaign, but just a thought - all the money changing hands is great role-playing, but in OOC terms, I think outgoing from Frizzen can be assumed to come out of the Tribes "treasury", and payments received are subsumed in the Y2,000/two IC posts everyone receives.
adamu
@Aria, Machine Ghost, Drace

Can I leave the Revenant/Oyl exchange to the "home GM team"?

If it is decided by Oyl that Briar needs matrix help, I'll be happy to take over GMing Revenant from there, of course.
Vegas
@adamu - Figured I'd let you fill in the details of what Maus draws for Frizzen as far as what the woman in black looked like.

Memory test (for the heck of it, if you want it) 6d6.hits(5) → [6,5,5,4,3,1] = (2)
Always Overkill
@Lock and Load: I hope Clutch's charisma of 1 isn't shining through too terribly, lol
justkelly
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ May 5 2014, 09:09 PM) *
@Lock and Load: I hope Clutch's charisma of 1 isn't shining through too terribly, lol

No more than Joke's charisma 2. biggrin.gif
Tyro
Finally got my sheet up (cross-posted from an edit on the Recruitment board):

Background & appearance (picture here):
[ Spoiler ]

Skills, Attributes, & Powers:
[ Spoiler ]

Gear & Augmentations:
[ Spoiler ]
mister__joshua
@LG: I've put a new IC post up for Jan. I haven't rolled any dice yet. I'm hoping (awaiting Aria's approval) for a good number of situational bonus dice. If not Jan rolls 4 dice for intimidate. I weren't sure if Lany, with her mega face skills, wanted to back me up and convince these folks to make the decision that allows them to live longer than the next post nyahnyah.gif
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ May 6 2014, 08:48 AM) *
@LG: I've put a new IC post up for Jan. I haven't rolled any dice yet. I'm hoping (awaiting Aria's approval) for a good number of situational bonus dice. If not Jan rolls 4 dice for intimidate. I weren't sure if Lany, with her mega face skills, wanted to back me up and convince these folks to make the decision that allows them to live longer than the next post nyahnyah.gif

An AK in the face definitely counts! Crafting the IC response now!

EDIT: IC away, enjoy!

@LeFey, you need a mark on the new host to do anything useful...

Oh, and Winter is a reoccurring nemesis of Summer's who first appeared in a merc based raid in the original 2072 Tribes thread...I like spinning these webs ork.gif
adamu
Sooooo sweet!

Tearing them a new one!

Next actions (just let me know if you want initiatives and stuff):

Simple - Observe in detail (trying to find source of fire I'm taking).
7d6.hits(5) → [5,3,1,4,3,5,3] = (2)
Simple - Take cover (putting tree between me and whatever is shooting me.

That is it, because I'll take the minus 10 to be on Full Defense (defense dice go from 15 to 19, or just add the four Willpower to existing rolls [and THEN hopefully add the new cover modifier]).

Al will always get minimum of two actions, so even with Full D should be able to perform actions as stated.
justkelly
@Tribes - I'm not very familiar with the Crime Mall, which is perfect so that Tommy really doesn't know more than his player. Usually the player knows so much more than the character. Anyway, can someone give me a summary of what a newcomer could/would see, or give me a location to read about it myself.? Thanks. I'll be able to get an IC post about his actions very soon after that. For flavor, in the meantime, I'm working on some IC for Tina and Travis. Hope to have those up by tomorrow.

justkelly
@Tribes - I'm not very familiar with the Crime Mall, which is perfect so that Tommy really doesn't know more than his player. Usually the player knows so much more than the character. Anyway, can someone give me a summary of what a newcomer could/would see, or give me a location to read about it myself.? Thanks. I'll be able to get an IC post about his actions very soon after that. For flavor, in the meantime, I'm working on some IC for Tina and Travis. Hope to have those up by tomorrow.

Drace
Sorry all, crazy day at work. Replies forthcoming to tribes and L&L

Edit*: sorry phone died before I could post.
Tyro
@Tribes: If anyone wants to connect more closely in a social sense around this campaign, feel free to hit me up on Facebook - I'm on more often than not (disabled). https://www.facebook.com/tyro.kathar
Aria
QUOTE (justkelly @ May 6 2014, 11:54 PM) *

Seattle 2072 has details, such as they are. I think if you check out the Dumpshock Datahaven download [2] had a section on Puyallup, and it's free if you can find it...

try this link...
Vegas
6d6.hits(5) → [6,6,4,2,2,2] = (2)
Assensing on The Woman in Black
8d6.hits(5) → [5,3,2,6,4,4,3,4] = (2)
Summoning Force 3 Spirit of Air w/ Search Power
3d6.hits(5) → [2,3,1] = (0)
Spirit Resistance = 3 services
7d6.hits(5) → [4,4,6,3,2,5,5] = (3)
Drain Resistance (2) = No Drain
adamu
@Vegas - IC looks like Water, OOC states Air…either way is fine, just say which.

Both get Search automatically, so you can still choose an Optional Power.

I am assuming that second task you commanded is okay to become a remote service if following the woman takes the spirit sufficiently far from you?

Assensing her: with two hits, yes, you'll recognize her again.
General health: generally healthy, and she is indeed pregnant
Mundane
Sad, and now scared
Tiny bit of headware.
adamu
@JustKelly - I don't know yet whether the current scene - team and target lady spotting each other - is going to turn into a physical commotion.
But the summoning of a spirit should be plenty enough to get the attention of anyone with astral perception looking for action...
Vegas
Meant to be water.. was going to go the air route at first and changed my mind. 'Tis what happens when posting early AM b.c. (before coffee)
Yes ok to become remote if necessary.
Optional Power: Binding
adamu
@Tribes -
Okay, the spirit, being astral, is going to have no trouble keeping up with the lady (barring anything unexpected happening!).

Another story for meat folk -
Drace, when you say moving toward the woman, was that discrete walk or full-on run or…?
Here in the Crime Mall, and with her down on the lower level, raw speed is going to count, but it won't be the whole story.
So with her high-tailing it and with a 100 meter head start, anyone wanting to catch her will need to give me some idea of their approach to doing so.
adamu
Okay - here is the round-up of contacts of the PCs in the current Tribes adventure.

Dr. Oversturn, Street Doc (C2, L1): Frizzen (and Monkey, at L1)
[ Spoiler ]

Slick 'P, Crimson Crush Jazz Dealer (C2, L2): Frizzen
[ Spoiler ]

Jethro "Mule", Arms Dealer (C2, L2); Frizzen
[ Spoiler ]

Aria, Matrix Phenomenon (C5, L2): Briar
[ Spoiler ]

Focus, ID Manufacturer (C3, L1): Briar
[ Spoiler ]

Sgt. Inman, Fort Lewis Metroplex Guard Quartermaster (C3, L1): Briar
[ Spoiler ]

"Crime Mall tech merchant" (C3, L2): Boone

"Street shaman" (C3, L2): Boone

Ryu - Mentor to Maus - human male (C2, L5): Maus

Callen - Fixer - elven male (C3, L3): Maus (and Monkey, at L1)

Thomas Muller, smuggler (C2, L4): Patch

Carlos, spellcaster (C3, L1): Hothead

Don Juan, waiter (C1, L1): Hothead

If I missed any supplemental write-ups, or if you add any, let me know and I'll add them.

Tyro
By this time Monkey has purchased his drugs and gotten something to eat. He's taking a leak before he goes job hunting. He and Maus know each other in passing (since both work for Callen); if she spotted him this would be a good time for her to shoot him a text asking for help. He isn't associated with the Mechanicals, but I'm sure he's heard of them, and the chance to do them a solid would pique his interest in this time of no work and limited funds.

[Edit:] I'm seriously the only person who thought to overlap contacts? O.o
justkelly
@Tribes- Tommy's got astral perception going on now. He only has 5 dice if a perception role is needed. Also, if the GM wants to move my character to near the action as he is moving towards food (wherever that is) then Tommy can somehow engage with others.
justkelly
@Aria - or keeper of master character listing

Please add various characters:

Lock n Load Character

Tribes Characters

Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ May 2 2014, 09:11 PM) *
@Aria - at two km your base noise is 3, and then you're trying for individual devices on the interior, to the sturdy mall wall adds one more for 4 total, minus any reduction you have.

I've begun a post for Briar and asked some questions on the main forum to try and clarify what sort of help she may be. She'll run signal scrubber to take noise to -2D

@Drace/Revenant: Oyl is Machine Ghost's character so I've steered you away from her for now. There's no identifier on the incoming message (GM fiat), but in your searches of info on Freedom you've heard of a connection with a character who has an Alice fetish, a TM called Summer...
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ May 8 2014, 01:35 PM) *
I've begun a post for Briar and asked some questions on the main forum to try and clarify what sort of help she may be. She'll run signal scrubber to take noise to -2D

Sweet - this is much more straightforward than i had imagined before (my previous post had assumed you would try to hack into random individual devices in the vicinity in hopes of grabbing images off a camera. Lesson - never assume!)

Matrix is my weakest rules area, but thanks to Jaid and Lobo pointing me in the right direction, weil, they laid it out pretty precisely (I should thank them!).

So just follow Lobo's step-by-step and we'll get a result for you ASAP!
Drace
Hey, sorry for the slow posting, work picked up this week lol.

@Tribes: a brisk walk, if she starts to run he will aswell.

And sounds good Aria, had forgotten Oyl was MGs character, whoops.
Always Overkill
LOL, reading the contact list from Tribes just reminded me that I have never chosen my contacts for Lany in Looking Glass.

I always forget about contacts...

@adamu: Mind if I compile the list of contacts for Looking Glass? I have work on finishing my own contacts anyways.

Posting a contact list for Circles of Power would probably be a daunting task, we may want to hold off on that one.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Aria @ May 8 2014, 08:35 AM) *
@Drace/Revenant: Oyl is Machine Ghost's character so I've steered you away from her for now.

@Tribes: Is Oyl being absent going to be a problem when Darbis gets to the compound and looks for work at the clinic?
adamu
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ May 8 2014, 09:29 PM) *
@adamu: Mind if I compile the list of contacts for Looking Glass? I have work on finishing my own contacts anyways.

Doh!

I only called dibs on the one for Tribes.

Go for it, by all means!
We shall share in the wealth!
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ May 8 2014, 09:16 PM) *
Sweet - this is much more straightforward than i had imagined before (my previous post had assumed you would try to hack into random individual devices in the vicinity in hopes of grabbing images off a camera. Lesson - never assume!)

Matrix is my weakest rules area, but thanks to Jaid and Lobo pointing me in the right direction, weil, they laid it out pretty precisely (I should thank them!).

So just follow Lobo's step-by-step and we'll get a result for you ASAP!

Matrix perception: Computer 5 + Intuition 3, - 2 Noise Modifiers, +2 for Hot Sim, -2 silent running = 6d6.hits(5) → [3,5,1,6,1,6] = (3) so assuming the link is on then I have found it. Now to mark it...

Hacking 6 + Logic 5 +Codeslinger 2, - 2 Noise Modifiers, +2 for Hot Sim, -2 silent running [limit:sleaze] = 11d6.hits(5) → [2,4,4,2,4,4,3,1,5,3,4] = (1) & 11d6.hits(5) → [2,1,4,5,6,5,1,2,1,2,4] = (3)

Now trace... Computer 5 + Intuition 3, - 2 Noise Modifiers, +2 for Hot Sim, -2 silent running [limit:data processing] = 6d6.hits(5) → [5,1,1,2,1,3] = (1) ...er is that a glitch too? no...it would need to be 4 1s, phew!

So, based on a great number of assumptions I may just have been able to trace the location of Steamer's link...over to Adamu biggrin.gif

...and I thought giving Briar a go would be easier than Cam as she isn't there lol
Drace
Sorry didn't clarify my approach style and speed. Going for a full Run (ag4, 16meters per turn) if after two combat turns I notice she is gaining or the distance isn't closing will start to sprint. Essentially muscling things out of my way if I can't move around them, apologizing like a Canadian as I do so.
Aria
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ May 8 2014, 09:31 PM) *
@Tribes: Is Oyl being absent going to be a problem when Darbis gets to the compound and looks for work at the clinic?

Shouldn't be! As tribe leader she hasn't got as much time as she'd like to run the clinic so has helpers...and needs more!
adamu
@Drace - that is just what I need to start.

On the fly supercrowded place rules:

Run is A x 2 (walk is A x1).

Sprint tests are at -6 if you want to be sure not to offend, -3 if you don't mind some jostles and rudeness, and -0 (only an option for Body + Strength / 2 = 6+) if you are happy to bowl folks over with no regard for safety.

After two combat turns (six seconds) of chasing her without sprinting, you are down the broken escalator to the ground level and the distance between you is about the same.

For those trying to keep up, you have gone 16 meters.

With about a hundred meters between you, you are in danger of losing LOS at any moment, what with all the people and STUFF filling this chaotic place.

Aria
QUOTE (justkelly @ May 8 2014, 02:07 AM) *
@Aria - or keeper of master character listing

Please add various characters:

Lock n Load Character

Tribes Characters

Linked biggrin.gif
adamu
@Aria - looks like you've got it.

I will assume you have or it is child's play to get a schematic of the Crime Mall, so, you find the commlink in the bathroom on the second level 30 meters from where he was grabbed.
justkelly
QUOTE (Aria @ May 8 2014, 04:05 PM) *
Linked biggrin.gif

Thanks - I'm sure you have better things to do, but could you add Lock n Load to the game sub threads in the 2nd posting as well?
justkelly
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ May 8 2014, 03:29 PM) *
LOL, reading the contact list from Tribes just reminded me that I have never chosen my contacts for Lany in Looking Glass.

I always forget about contacts...

Posting a contact list for Circles of Power would probably be a daunting task, we may want to hold off on that one.

These contact compilations are a great idea. Perhaps they should be added to the 2nd posting where all the sub-threads are found...?
justkelly
@Tribes - I"ll post a response from Tina to Tommy soon -- will only share some basics from the core book unless directed otherwise from GM--still drafting flavor IC for Tina and Travis

@LG - two more grenades in the back--GM rolls are good for me again.

10 dice for Alpha grenade launcher - started with 6 grenades, 2 used, expecting 2 more shot into the back of the building--2 still remain loaded

@LnL - Joke's definitely wary of demolitions. biggrin.gif

I love Shadowrun...

@CoP - I got sidetrack from the character I had started. Will get back to that soon and hopefully can get engaged in an interested way....
Always Overkill
@Looking Glass: Oh this is a fun development, now we are the Security! Makes me think of the lie Lany was going to use on the whistling troll before Jan reminded me it would be alot easier just to knock her out and move on. The one where she was going to try and convince those on the inside that we are here to help against the other attackers. Appareently that was just a psychic moment from Lany, predicting the future and not knowing it. wink.gif

With defense being our new objective, I think the outside may want to try and get into the basement via the vents. I imagine the attackers have even more backup on the way, and Al and Overdrive will be awfully exposed when a second force with advanced warning of outside resistance rolls up and hits you from the rear. Perhaps you can use the evacuation route you guys had set up to drive through the fence to get up to the building with vent access and work your way down. Nikki can just head straight for the Housing buildings and get into the vents from there. We don't have anymore objectives for you guys to stay up there and meet; you have already done a great job of bloodying the noses of the lead assault team pretty fraggin well, lets get you outta there intact!

@Aria: Has Lany noticed the second group approaching on the Mezzanine?
Always Overkill
QUOTE (adamu @ May 8 2014, 03:45 PM) *
Doh!

I only called dibs on the one for Tribes.

Go for it, by all means!
We shall share in the wealth!

Good Deal, I will have the list up today/tomorrow.
Aria
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ May 9 2014, 01:20 PM) *
@Looking Glass: Oh this is a fun development, now we are the Security!
There's a reason the game is called Looking Glass ork.gif ...hmm, what other twists could your nefarious GM have up it's sleeve?!?

QUOTE (Always Overkill @ May 9 2014, 01:20 PM) *
@Aria: Has Lany noticed the second group approaching on the Mezzanine?
Yes, you and Jan can see the extra patients and the three beyond them...one of whom Silk recognises (although you don't know that...)
adamu
@LG - does Al have any idea of the insights that Silk had about the drones, either from his own perception or from her or the feeds?

Also, with Overdrive's three rotodrones silent (not to mention Overdrive himself!)…would hate to think someone had commandeered one of them and that that was what was shooting at me…any indications confirming or denying that scary possibility?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012