Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 18 2016, 02:17 PM) *
I hadn’t intended that you meet/capture the Big BadTM but rather get sufficient hints to point you in the right direction in the future. LeFey will find Winter’s fingerprints all over the hiring of the Chinese mercs (he/she has form for doing that!). eTher will be more interested in potential links to a NeoNet insider who fed info to the mercs and promises to deal with that internally!

All in all I’m happy for you to bring this to an interim conclusion and we’ll pick up the threads later on down the line, perhaps as part of the Storm Force Whisper thread we’ve discussed in passing (although the two threads are linked but divergent so we’ll see…). So many ideas, so little time nyahnyah.gif

Yikes, we thought we were supposed to grab someone.

Okay, neither Al nor Jan is very black trenchcoat - would be funny if they were on a run and totally wrong about the objective.

Haven't heard from RD in a very long time - seems the resolution you're seeking - where she IDs Winter as involved, means getting RD back active or puppeting LeFey...

Despite Al's best efforts at getting the info out of her, though, LeFey has always been totally tight lipped about Winter, even when he's interfered with us directly.

So Al has never heard of him.
And as a player, I am afraid I know absolutely nothing...all predates my involvement in the campaign...

But still simple enough - we simply escape, and just when we think we've failed, we have LeFey say she got what we needed. We can even have her deliver the paydata herself to continue to keep Winter from us, or we can have it all come out so Al and Jan can know about it...

Storm Force Whisper - is that the name of the Al/Silk thread we've been talking about doing for a million years, or one of the many other threads we've talked about?
Vegas
QUOTE (adamu @ Mar 18 2016, 05:54 PM) *
They'll open the doors at ten, hopefully with a line of people already waiting outside.

But of course various insiders will be hanging around in the place well before that - so it really depends on when you want to get there, and if you want to make an entrance into a crowded venue, or if you prefer to set up in an initially more intimate environment.

After reading about how much Ilia knows about which bath products of hers he likes, reckon I need to know whether they have a history of intimacy and, if so, where that stands currently.

Sounds good, I didn't know if time was of the essence or not smile.gif

As far as Ilia goes, Rave is more his current "arm candy" more so than any type of romantic fling. He just likes whatever decoration is on his arm to look and act a certain way. He's a womanizer by reputation and an apparent man-whore... But you know what they say about those who protest too much wink.gif
mister__joshua
I'm away til thursday night so unlikely to get anything up this week. Just FYI. I might try from my phone but formatting is a bitch.
Aria
@Adamu re TC...Silk is Spriggan's half sister, I don't think you necessarily need to tweak your IC (given your time constraints) but thought I'd mention it...they share a father, and if Cannon was leering at him it would be reaaaally worrying biggrin.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 21 2016, 01:30 PM) *
@Adamu re TC...Silk is Spriggan's half sister, I don't think you necessarily need to tweak your IC (given your time constraints) but thought I'd mention it...they share a father, and if Cannon was leering at him it would be reaaaally worrying biggrin.gif

Yikes - thanks - continuity stuff like that is really important to me.

One-word edit already done!
Raiderj
You know... somehow your post has inspired me to play Facemaker. I got an idea now! Ok he is done! I will need you to type the advice and such. I have no idea how to write that.
adamu
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Mar 21 2016, 11:09 PM) *
You know... somehow your post has inspired me to play Facemaker. I got an idea now! Ok he is done! I will need you to type the advice and such. I have no idea how to write that.

Raider - see, I told you you could do it.

The way you left the post, it seemed like you were going to carry on with the scene...

As long as you are doing your own thing you can carry on posting however you like until you arrive at Chalka...

But there's something you need from me then let me know.
Beta
I've decided to shelve Rusty (hopefully to revive him at some point in the future, for some game or another), and go with a different character by the handle of Preston. In the process both Rusty (characters) and a few contacts (wiki) are now obsolete.

It looks like I can delete Rusty -- should I go ahead and do that? The Wiki I don't see a way to delete a page, but if anyone else can and wants to clean up, Mustard Kid, Drox, and Mr. Alpha are all now not being used by me. Drox has some details to her, the other two were only known by Rusty in dog form, so not so useful to anyone else.

I'm trying to get Preston (and his contacts) nailed down enough for Mercy Merchant to get me started. Most of the not-quite-final character sheet is now up on Obsidian Portal, here: https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.c...racters/preston

Renard
Im pondering picking up Drox once I get a solid idea of how to do it with my special... limitations in mind.
Raiderj
You know I just got another idea on John's coaching.
Raiderj
Hey guys I may be gone for an amount of time I am not sure of as of yet. Not gonna happen today but I will let you all know when I can get back on again. Thanks for everything.
Aria
QUOTE (Betx @ Mar 22 2016, 10:27 PM) *
I've decided to shelve Rusty (hopefully to revive him at some point in the future, for some game or another), and go with a different character by the handle of Preston. In the process both Rusty (characters) and a few contacts (wiki) are now obsolete.

It looks like I can delete Rusty -- should I go ahead and do that? The Wiki I don't see a way to delete a page, but if anyone else can and wants to clean up, Mustard Kid, Drox, and Mr. Alpha are all now not being used by me. Drox has some details to her, the other two were only known by Rusty in dog form, so not so useful to anyone else.

I'm trying to get Preston (and his contacts) nailed down enough for Mercy Merchant to get me started. Most of the not-quite-final character sheet is now up on Obsidian Portal, here: https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.c...racters/preston

You can untick the 'pc' box for the character and it will move down to NPCs...saves inputting it again later. Happy for you to leave the contacts, they may inspire someone?!

@Adamu: can we do bought hits for physical mask, say force 3 for no drain? Focused concentration means no mods for sustaining it...
Raiderj
Good news! It was something of a false alarm! biggrin.gif
Dodged a hell of a bullet. More like it grazed me. But im here for now.
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Mar 18 2016, 11:00 PM) *
Yikes, we thought we were supposed to grab someone.

Okay, neither Al nor Jan is very black trenchcoat - would be funny if they were on a run and totally wrong about the objective.

Haven't heard from RD in a very long time - seems the resolution you're seeking - where she IDs Winter as involved, means getting RD back active or puppeting LeFey...

Despite Al's best efforts at getting the info out of her, though, LeFey has always been totally tight lipped about Winter, even when he's interfered with us directly.

So Al has never heard of him.
And as a player, I am afraid I know absolutely nothing...all predates my involvement in the campaign...

But still simple enough - we simply escape, and just when we think we've failed, we have LeFey say she got what we needed. We can even have her deliver the paydata herself to continue to keep Winter from us, or we can have it all come out so Al and Jan can know about it...

Storm Force Whisper - is that the name of the Al/Silk thread we've been talking about doing for a million years, or one of the many other threads we've talked about?

SFW was the name of the Al/Silk thread...given that I can't spare time for the RP I would like I'm considering making this the follow-up to CoF and keep the same PCs on from that (if they are willing!)
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 23 2016, 05:37 PM) *
You can untick the 'pc' box for the character and it will move down to NPCs...saves inputting it again later. Happy for you to leave the contacts, they may inspire someone?!

@Adamu: can we do bought hits for physical mask, say force 3 for no drain? Focused concentration means no mods for sustaining it...

Yeah, you can buy hits. Anytime I can get a 1 to 4 ratio out of a player, I'm happy!
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Mar 23 2016, 09:31 PM) *
SFW was the name of the Al/Silk thread...given that I can't spare time for the RP I would like I'm considering making this the follow-up to CoF and keep the same PCs on from that (if they are willing!)

Cool - that would be fun.

But if your time ever frees up, would still love to do an Al/Silk thread - just say the word. Post rate doesn't have to be fast, you know...
adamu
@Vexboy - last post was your best yet - you're getting the hang of it.

I am off for a road trip - hopefully will get a response up for you in a couple of days.
DireRadiant
@adamu DES is interested in how the 2 thugs that attacked him are leaving.
adamu
@Vexboy - this is a hard club to get into - you got in because you put a lot of work into a number of thoughtful posts - and players being creative and putting in the effort usually wins with me.

But you're still packing a 1 Charisma and 0 Etiquette (plus your two mentor dice) - next time you want to do anything challenging socially, get ready to roll them! Advice - if you've got a low pool, game it (this is a game!) - look at the various situational modifiers, then figure out which might apply, and do some work to make others apply...
DireRadiant
@Adamu

Attribute Boost Reaction 4: 8d6t5 2

Pilot Aircraft Shake Things Up Maneuver (Rigger 5, adds 1 to terrain modifier for opponent) Won't really stop them but it'll be fun to buzz em.
CR 1 + Pilot Aircraft 9 + Reaction 5(7) + 2 Dice Gearhead [Limit Handling 4 + 1 Gearhead] for stunt = Shake things up a bit: 19d6t5 5

Drain Resistance
Resist Drain Attribute Boost Wil 2 + Cha 5: 7d6t5 0

Oops 4 STUN! ... I guess it's time for some autopiloting to recover

First hour Stun recovery(Assuming nothing else happens)
Body 2 + Will 2 Stun recovery: 4d6t5 2

Second Hour Stun Recovery
Body 2 + Wil 2 Stun Recovery Extended test - 1: 3d6t5 2
adamu
@Vexboy - okay, looks like it's time for that Etiquette test.

Add two dice for having the right look.

If you see any other mods that will help you, let me know why, and roll them too (I can always ignore those results if I don't agree). You don't have to worry about possible negative mods - that's my problem.
adamu
@Vegas - okay, sifting through the files for those sorts of deeper connections will be a Perception Test, I guess. Bad news is you're looking for something no one else has put together yet, and you'll need four hits. Good news is that besides your base dice, I believe your analytical mind, photo memory, and perceptive all apply here, so that's +6. Also, based on some of your (as yet unnamed) knowledge skills, you'll be rocking another +4, so ten bonus dice total.

Vegas
@adamu

Fair enough... as requested: Perception 4, Int 4, Analytical Mind, Perceptive, Photo Memory, Knowledges

18d6t5: 5 [18d6t5=3, 6, 1, 5, 1, 2, 4, 3, 1, 2, 5, 2, 6, 2, 3, 4, 1, 6]
Raiderj
QUOTE (adamu @ Mar 26 2016, 11:10 PM) *
@Vexboy - this is a hard club to get into - you got in because you put a lot of work into a number of thoughtful posts - and players being creative and putting in the effort usually wins with me.

But you're still packing a 1 Charisma and 0 Etiquette (plus your two mentor dice) - next time you want to do anything challenging socially, get ready to roll them! Advice - if you've got a low pool, game it (this is a game!) - look at the various situational modifiers, then figure out which might apply, and do some work to make others apply...

Gotcha. I'll try to keep this in mind. Never hurts to game the system if my dnd 3.5 days taught me anything. Coindently this is the lowest charisma character I have ever made. I usually play bard.
adamu
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Mar 28 2016, 09:48 PM) *
Gotcha. I'll try to keep this in mind. Never hurts to game the system if my dnd 3.5 days taught me anything. Coindently this is the lowest charisma character I have ever made. I usually play bard.

Cool.

No get me that roll I asked for in Post 2222 and we'll rock this story onward.
Raiderj
Ettiqute: 5d6t4 1

Welp. Looks like its time to tip the bartender.
adamu
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Mar 29 2016, 02:00 AM) *
Ettiqute: 5d6t4 1

Welp. Looks like its time to tip the bartender.

Yeah, I'll tell you right now that in this situation 1 success isn't going to get get you very far. But I'll let you add some additional dice for each Y50 you bribe him (nickel and diming the players into poverty) - let me know what you want to do.

By the way, doesn't matter this time, but you actually roll a base two dice for Etiquette, not three. You don't have the skill so you are defaulting, which is Attribute minus 1, which makes zero for you, then you add the two bonus dice for your mentor (and then situational mods).
adamu
Hey all - work kicked my ass this week. Hope to bump everyone over this weekend.
Raiderj
Good to see you. Nice to see you. Welp. I tip the bartender a cool 500 nuyen.
adamu
@RaiderJ - looking forward to bumping your thread - I know you plan to wait an hour.

Haven't posted anything yet because I have to coordinate something with someone - not sure how that will to.

In any case, is there anything particular you'd like to do over the subsequent hour? You can post more if you want, or let me know if you want me post something while I wait to hear on the other thing...
adamu
@RaiderJ - okay I did my coordinating.

Looks like I'll be bumping you sometime probably early next week.

If you want to get up to anything RP-wise while in there, feel free to post - just don't leave the club yet, as something will happen before you do.
adamu
@Dire - if you want to buy drones, they can be waiting for you at the mall or nearby - it's Seattle - if you've got the cred and the contacts, there's a supplier. Won't need any dice involved unless you start looking for armed stuff.

However you want to arrange the time until going to the club, she'll cover any reasonable expenses.

Looked up Port Ludlow and saw it was well out of the Seattle Metroplex. Not an issue, just explaining why I put in that handwaved bit about the borders.
adamu
@RaiderJ and Vegas - okay, I have set up your serendipity moment.

It would be really convenient of the two of you could meet each other. Won't railroad you beyond that - up to you what you reveal and how well you hit it off.

Whoever posts first either do it in your own thread or the other's, but then both of you please keep the conversation in that one thread until we see what happens.
Raiderj
Wait what?
adamu
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Apr 8 2016, 06:13 PM) *
Wait what?

Read the last couple posts of the Rave thread.

That woman in black is Vegas' character.

Since she and Pyotr looked at you, maybe you'd like to talk to her, see what she's about, or if she's D-Pop.

Since Pyotr told her you were also asking about D-Pop, whom she too is looking for, then maybe she'd like to talk to you.

So whichever one of you gets around to it first, please help the game along by approaching the other if you want.

As above, do it in your own thread or their's, but then continue the conversation all in the one thread please.

You can fall in love or try to kill each other or anything in between - what you say or do to each other is entirely up to your role-playing, but it will help get the ball rolling for the game structurally if you at least make some contact with each other at this point.
Raiderj
I think since he is gonna make the first move. Raped children spurs the bloodlust and all jazz.
adamu
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Apr 8 2016, 09:10 PM) *
I think since he is gonna make the first move. Raped children spurs the bloodlust and all jazz.

Go for it.

Once you do, you might want to shoot Vegas a PM so she knows you've initiated something.
adamu
@Aria - the background count is 4.
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Apr 8 2016, 09:19 PM) *
@Aria - the background count is 4.

Hmmm, might as well drop all spells, those that might even make it past that level of mana sludge!
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Apr 9 2016, 09:47 PM) *
Hmmm, might as well drop all spells, those that might even make it past that level of mana sludge!

I liked the ork alter-ego.

Hardly ever use background count, but couldn't see much around it here in the heart of Glow City!
Vegas
Sorry for the uber delay RaiderJ + Adamu, this month is kicking my butt hard with early morning calls and long stretches of work with no days off.

I'll try to keep up a bit more, posts might be shorter in stature to keep things moving along. biggrin.gif

adamu
Oh these silly people that think work is more important than Shadowrun!

No, all good. Short is cool - not only because it moves things along, but because I sometimes chafe at the PbP expectation to put up a para or two. I guess the naturally ponderous turnaround tempts people to pack a lot in, but hey, real people don't converse in two-hundred-word speeches!

Rock on girl - we'll love your posts when we see 'em.
Renard
Work more important than Shadowrun... What Heresy is this ?
Raiderj
Vexboy isn't a socialite. Appealing to a runner's better nature is a long shot though.

And no worries Rave. If you can put up with my lack of expeirence then take your time.
Aria
@TC/Adamu

This could get messy, but I’m enjoying the challenge!

Mundane initiative 8+D6 = 13

Improved Invisibility Force 6 (will effectively be force 2)
Spellcasting 12D +2D Illusion -4D Background = 3 hits capped at 2
Drain 5D Int +3D Will +3D Edge vs Force -1 = 6 hits no drain!

Edge remaining 2/3
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Apr 12 2016, 05:35 PM) *
@TC/Adamu

This could get messy, but I’m enjoying the challenge!

Mundane initiative 8+D6 = 13

Improved Invisibility Force 6 (will effectively be force 2)
Spellcasting 12D +2D Illusion -4D Background = 3 hits capped at 2
Drain 5D Int +3D Will +3D Edge vs Force -1 = 6 hits no drain!

Edge remaining 2/3

Well, it's pretty clear that at least the two big orks can't see you, and neither is very quick. But you are pretty hemmed in...

Not sure what you'll want to do...once you decide, then also decide an appropriate thing to roll for it so we can press forward!
I can always play with your dice if I disagree!
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Apr 12 2016, 06:25 PM) *
Well, it's pretty clear that at least the two big orks can't see you, and neither is very quick. But you are pretty hemmed in...

Not sure what you'll want to do...once you decide, then also decide an appropriate thing to roll for it so we can press forward!
I can always play with your dice if I disagree!

Do I take that he is physically in the doorway and I can't dodge under his arms?!? I'm also guessing that the bus doesn't have a door on the driver's side or handy broken windows to jump out of? To add to all that I will probably set the seats squeaking if I move on them nyahnyah.gif

Not looking good for our sprite! biggrin.gif
adamu
Yeah, you did your spell so then he acted and moved to the doorway. Now it's your second action of the turn.
So yes, he's physically in the doorway. Whether you can dodge under his arms - should you choose to do so - will all comes down to whether he can succeed at an Intercept action, per p168. I try to use the word "can't" sparingly when it comes to characters' actions!

No driver's side door. None of the windows are clean out, but plenty are cracked or partially broken. That would be Gymnastics, I guess, but you'll likely need to use an action to break the glass out first, or else go through all that jagged mess (ouch)...and a Gymnastics test to get through a window and land safely, of course.

Yes, seats probably squeaky...

Not suggesting any particular action, just trying to give you the info you need based on your queries above...
mister__joshua
Cheers for the reply adamu. I'm enjoying where is going. One thing, you refer to my character as Al at one point, unless he's there as well? nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012