Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ May 27 2014, 09:31 PM) *
Sweet - moving RIGHT along!

Al will head down the vents just as soon as they are as clear of other runners as they are going to get…which is to ask:
Vegas - are you going to continue your side trip, or go to mezzanine?
RdMarquis - you mentioned IC you wanted to remain out of sight - do you plan to stay in vent or go to mezzanine? Shall we assume Bolo and Collot go where you go?

Once everyone that is ahead of us is clear that is going to get clear, Al (and Nikki?) will squeeze on through.

@RDMarquis - near as my matrix-ignorant self can tell, you pretty much own their host - - - do we have eyes on those bad guys that entered the Therapy Building?

There will be intake and extract ducts in the same location so you don't need to worry about the runners ahead of you blocking the path...feel free to enter the dragon's den ork.gif

LeFey has access to the therapy hosts but I'm pretty sure she can't monitor that from inside the basement host. She has marks on the basement host now and can see the very different iconography. It looks like a tower with lots of green growing stuff all over it. Descriptions can be found in some of my Emerging threads of the Stillwater Eco Tower...

I'm not going to be nice and tell you exactly where the foe are just yet. LeFey can update the interior map that Overdrive's drone provided from info on the new host. It shows the lifts and stairs under the therapy building. All camera feeds from those areas have been snuffed out...
Vegas
QUOTE (adamu @ May 27 2014, 02:31 PM) *
Sweet - moving RIGHT along!

Al will head down the vents just as soon as they are as clear of other runners as they are going to get…which is to ask:
Vegas - are you going to continue your side trip, or go to mezzanine?

Yes, still the plan. In the middle of a big project that's almost finished. once that's done I can post here.. assume Ali will show up behind Fischer by the time Al's in the vents or slightly before if you want to keep going before I get up. She'll go the full-on 100% sneaky route to do it.
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas @ May 28 2014, 08:55 PM) *
Yes, still the plan. In the middle of a big project that's almost finished. once that's done I can post here.. assume Ali will show up behind Fischer by the time Al's in the vents or slightly before if you want to keep going before I get up. She'll go the full-on 100% sneaky route to do it.

Coolness.

Well, that sounds like some thunder I wouldn't want to steal!

I'll just post Al down the vent but not out onto the mezzanine yet, make my entrance after you get yourself where you want to be.

Good luck on your project!
RHat
QUOTE (Aria @ May 28 2014, 01:39 PM) *
It shows the lifts and stairs under the therapy building.

Any cargo lifts so I can get all my stuff into there?
Always Overkill
@adamu: Best, Entrance, Ever.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (RHat @ May 28 2014, 07:13 PM) *
Any cargo lifts so I can get all my stuff into there?

I believe Aria mentioned some time ago that there was a lift, but I think its in the Therapy Building, likely the target entrance point for the Assault Team.

Maybe there is another that we don't know of yet, hopefully an entrance which will allow you to bring in your all of your toys. I am glad you are coming in though, you were way too exposed out there for comfort.
RHat
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ May 28 2014, 06:20 PM) *
I believe Aria mentioned some time ago that there was a lift, but I think its in the Therapy Building, likely the target entrance point for the Assault Team.

As I recall, that one was a standard elevator for people, not the cargo/service variety that could actually fit the Lynx.
Vegas
@Tribes - Careless little Mage getting caught up in the action...

Casting Armor, Force 2 using Focused Concentration to sustain
8d6.hits(5) → [6,6,2,5,3,4,3,3] = (3)

Drain Resist
7d6.hits(5) → [6,4,6,2,2,5,2] = (3)
No Damage

Casting Combat Sense, Force 4 using Focused Concentration to sustain
8d6.hits(5) → [5,5,3,3,4,1,5,5] = (3)

Drain Resist
7d6.hits(5) → [3,3,1,3,4,5,3] = (0)
2 Stun
RdMarquis
@LG

I'm assuming an extended Matrix Search test is required, here.

Computer (5) + INT (5) +2 from Hot-sim -2 from sustaining Complex Form = 10d6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4517065/

10d6.hits(5) → [2,4,3,3,6,5,4,3,1,5] = (3)
10d6.hits(5) → [6,6,2,5,6,4,2,6,6,2] = (6)
10d6.hits(5) → [3,5,6,1,5,1,4,4,2,3] = (3)
10d6.hits(5) → [4,5,4,5,3,5,4,6,3,3] = (4)
10d6.hits(5) → [3,5,5,6,4,1,6,1,1,2] = (4)

QUOTE (adamu @ May 27 2014, 12:31 PM) *
RdMarquis - you mentioned IC you wanted to remain out of sight - do you plan to stay in vent or go to mezzanine? Shall we assume Bolo and Collot go where you go?

At least until she's done with this search, LeFey is staying inside the vent. It's a decent hiding place and she can hack just fine from there. Though, she'll have to get moving if the rest of the team is making for the basement. And yeah, you can assume Bolo and Collot are following her.
adamu
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ May 29 2014, 01:23 PM) *
@LG
And yeah, you can assume Bolo and Collot are following her.

Makes a lot of sense - can't think of a better use for our NPC combat-type than dedicated personal security for our matrix wiz!
Aria
QUOTE (RHat @ May 29 2014, 01:24 AM) *
As I recall, that one was a standard elevator for people, not the cargo/service variety that could actually fit the Lynx.

Seem to remember telling you that too...there will be a fire escape core that you can get your rotodrones down. Now you have a map you can locate it hidden amongst the trees to the west of the main building. It will bring you in behind the others, Fischer et al...
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ May 29 2014, 01:23 PM) *
@LG

I'm assuming an extended Matrix Search test is required, here.

Computer (5) + INT (5) +2 from Hot-sim -2 from sustaining Complex Form = 10d6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4517065/

10d6.hits(5) → [2,4,3,3,6,5,4,3,1,5] = (3)
10d6.hits(5) → [6,6,2,5,6,4,2,6,6,2] = (6)
10d6.hits(5) → [3,5,6,1,5,1,4,4,2,3] = (3)
10d6.hits(5) → [4,5,4,5,3,5,4,6,3,3] = (4)
10d6.hits(5) → [3,5,5,6,4,1,6,1,1,2] = (4)

At least until she's done with this search, LeFey is staying inside the vent. It's a decent hiding place and she can hack just fine from there. Though, she'll have to get moving if the rest of the team is making for the basement. And yeah, you can assume Bolo and Collot are following her.

Running silent and diminishing dice pools (which I think are now enshrined in SR5 aren't they?) might modifiy these results somewhat but that's still plenty of successes to search the local host. Will take much longer to search the matrix as a whole but that isn't the goal here right? Of the list of 200 or so people (including names and 3d pics) that Silk gave you, there are 32 here (Fischer is one of them!). Whilst you are searching the host you also locate one of your extract targets (assigned to muster station 6)
justkelly
@Lock and Load - Have I missed something?

@CoP - I used the General IC for some background on why she's doing what she's doing. At least one more post and then she'll be ready to enter the CoP IC. Thanks for your patience with me.

@Tribes - wanting to engage in the magic side, so will take some cues from Maus and others

@LG - Al get your ass out of the way so I can leave the duct - It's dirty up here. rotfl.gif
adamu
QUOTE (justkelly @ May 31 2014, 09:24 AM) *
@LG - Al get your ass out of the way so I can leave the duct - It's dirty up here. rotfl.gif

Sorry!!!

Assumed you'd just gymnastics your way around him or simply step on his head! But happy to do a post getting him out from under the vent - no worries!

And thanks for another sweet peek into Nikki's background.

Can I ask a tiny question? An earlier post and your sheet says born in 2046, which would make her 29, but your last GenIC post has her 18 in 2073…none of my beeswax, except it just helps me write my posts the more details I have on things like physical appearances and so on...
justkelly
The latest ic post is actually for a different character. I'll put some headers to clarify.
adamu
QUOTE (justkelly @ May 31 2014, 08:54 PM) *
The latest ic post is actually for a different character. I'll put some headers to clarify.

Yikes - sorry - shouldn't have 'stuck my nose in!
Looking forward to reading more...
Always Overkill
QUOTE (justkelly @ May 31 2014, 04:24 AM) *
@Lock and Load - Have I missed something?

@CoP - I used the General IC for some background on why she's doing what she's doing. At least one more post and then she'll be ready to enter the CoP IC. Thanks for your patience with me.

@ Lock and Load- I don't think so, Drace is MIA ATM

@CoP- Looking forward to having you join up biggrin.gif

@LG - lol
Always Overkill
@Tribes- Sorry for the lack of updates for Darbis, a little stumped for anything to add IC other than "he continues the pursuit"
adamu
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Jun 1 2014, 12:16 AM) *
@Tribes- Sorry for the lack of updates for Darbis, a little stumped for anything to add IC other than "he continues the pursuit"

Yeah, I think everyone is in that place.

Also, Frizzen is clearly the leader, and been a couple of weeks since we've heard from Drace. Happens.

But we can't stop the game, and everyone waiting for concensus before doing anything is, I think, the number one killer of PbP games (aside maybe from AWOL GMs, but that won't happen here).

Everyone in the game has committed to helping in the chase, and you know the target is 50m away and not moving, so as far as I am concerned, there is nothing wrong any of you ICing that you close the distance, and we can then see what happens.

Of course, you don't have to do THAT in particular, and I know it is a fine line since no one wants to step on toes, but with pretty much no one stepping up to post, no one should hesitate to post some sort of action - even if it sort of drags the rest of the team along.

Or whoever is currently active can decide something OOC and then implement.

I can and will jumpstart things if enough of a lull happens again, but it always feels like railroading, so I put that off as long as possible.
adamu
@Looking Glass

That picture from Dollhouse, was that just to show us the general structure of the space, or is it all accurate to the game, as in the ponds, furnishings, etc?
justkelly
@Tribes--Tommy's nickname is hothead for a reason. Unless otherwise coordinated, when I get back to a computer tommy will interact directly with subject being "hunted".
adamu
QUOTE (justkelly @ Jun 2 2014, 10:15 PM) *
@Tribes--Tommy's nickname is hothead for a reason. Unless otherwise coordinated, when I get back to a computer tommy will interact directly with subject being "hunted".

Yes!!! Thank you.

If you just post Tommy running ahead to the basic location, I'll quickly shoot back a "what he sees" post, and then you can rock onward!
Tyro
Finally! biggrin.gif
adamu
@Tribes - one more quick post coming for the rest of the group - just give me a tick...
adamu
@Tribes - okay, that's the scene from two angles.

For Tommy - and anyone else who wants to play - I need initiative, declarations, and any rolls you care not to leave to me.

The first pass will be just Tommy and his new girlfriend, but anyone that wanted to take off after him or whatever can be there by the second pass if they so choose.

With the rest of the team a distance off and around a corner, anyone I don't hear from in a few days will simply be securing the rear or whatever for the time being.
Vegas
@tribes adamu, with combat senses cast, will Maus become aware of the Night Prowlers behind them even if she continues in Tommy's footsteps after the woman?
Tyro
Initiative for Monkey: [4,5,11] = (20)
Perception (to notice Night Prowlers): [6,2,1,5,1,6,3,1] = (25) before situational modifiers
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas @ Jun 4 2014, 01:20 AM) *
@tribes adamu, with combat senses cast, will Maus become aware of the Night Prowlers behind them even if she continues in Tommy's footsteps after the woman?

Combat Sense doesn't really apply in this instance, but you (and anyone else) are entitled to a free perception test to have noticed the trolls' arrival. Need two successes, applying mods as appropriate (basically dim light, adjusted for any enhancements you have).
adamu
QUOTE (Tyro @ Jun 4 2014, 02:01 AM) *
Initiative for Monkey: [4,5,11] = (20)
Perception (to notice Night Prowlers): [6,2,1,5,1,6,3,1] = (25) before situational modifiers

Based on my above post to Vegas, you do notice them.
adamu
Okay - well, never mind my above two posts - I think everyone is aware of the trolls now!
Vegas
That would be an understatement... Wheee! Combat timing/initiative rolls needed? wink.gif
adamu
That's still a yes if you want to go around the corner and help Tommy…

Also a yes if you want to actually DO something to the trolls, but for the moment they are just pointing and yelling.

The trick will be if we are combat time around the corner, but role-playing time in the corridor, but let's just keep playing for a bit and see how it shakes out...
Tyro
I'm gonna go after the lady - my slivergun isn't much use against armored trolls
[Edit:] Make that full defense. I don't want a misty red ass.
adamu
QUOTE (Tyro @ Jun 4 2014, 10:30 PM) *
I'm gonna go after the lady - my slivergun isn't much use against armored trolls

Cool - as I said, the first pass will be just her and Tommy, but you will be on scene with them from the second pass.

Let me know if you want to do anything with your first pass action, or just hold it…back to you once we resolve the first pass.
Vegas
Maus is going to turn her attention back to the Trolls + Dwarves Mexican Standoff and hold her action in check for now... (plus I can't access dice atm for init.)
adamu
QUOTE (Tyro @ Jun 4 2014, 10:30 PM) *
[Edit:] Make that full defense. I don't want a misty red ass.

Full defense - check - that will leave you with only an action on the first pass, so you won't be in the scene around the corner during the first combat turn.
But you can still use your action here in the corridor at some point if you want to…if the corridor even comes to that...
justkelly
@Tribes

Tommy's initiative 1d6+6 → [3,6] = (9)

He'll try to figure out if she's friend or foe. Will move out of the way from an attack, won't attack her yet, given what he has noticed about her.

Always Overkill
Uhoh, is their any cover in this corridor?

Initiative roll for Darbis: 2d6+7: 14

Not knowing if anyone is backing him up, he is going to react much like a cornered wolverine.

Vegas
Initiative: 1d6+6 → [2,6] = (cool.gif

Yay for slow mages! wink.gif
adamu
@Tribes: Okay - looks like we need to go to combat time for both the hallway and the "around the corner" space.

Around the corner -
Justkelly - you have the higher initiative and thus the first go.
Based on your IC, seems you are attempting a Social test?
Since you've joined the group trying to capture this woman, I assume your offer to help is a lie, and thus Con applies?
Your action - you can use that skill or do something else, but as the mllliseconds tick by her arm is rising to firing position….

In the Corridor -

I will give it a bit more time for other players to chime in with actions before deciding what the rest of the world does.

Right now I have initiatives from Vegas, Tyro and AO.
But could still use declarations.
In fact, it might be a good idea to declare two sets of actions…one for if and when lead starts flying, and one for as long as it is not flying.
adamu
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Jun 5 2014, 03:31 PM) *
Uhoh, is their any cover in this corridor?

It's basically wide enough for two humans to walk abreast comfortably, or maybe three if cramped.

There is scattered garbage, but no inanimate objects large enough to provide significant cover/concealment.

I did note some derelicts and a corpse that Tommy passed by…

And of course Boone is right beside you.

Also I mentioned occasional doors on both sides - may or may not be locked...
JxJxA
@ Aria/CoP: Just checking in. I'm not quite sure what to add or how I can push us along, but I'll get a post up at some point.

Would it be all right to have Vivienne or Lianne look stuff up on Aria and this game parlor?
justkelly
Edit: counterspelling is active for himself, will consider counterspelling for her defense if necessary/appropriate - tbd by Tommy

QUOTE (adamu @ Jun 5 2014, 05:00 PM) *
@Tribes: Okay - looks like we need to go to combat time for both the hallway and the "around the corner" space.

Around the corner -
Justkelly - you have the higher initiative and thus the first go.
Based on your IC, seems you are attempting a Social test?
Since you've joined the group trying to capture this woman, I assume your offer to help is a lie, and thus Con applies?
Your action - you can use that skill or do something else, but as the mllliseconds tick by her arm is rising to firing position….

Seeing the 2nd aura puts Tommy into protective mode (Code of Honor-protect children quality).

He doesn't have social skills, except con due to his background. Charisma 2 + Con 4

He doesn't know why these people are chasing her, so he will defend her if needed. He joined the party by being interested in why a spirit was following someone. Still doesn't know anything about who/what/why, etc. He just likes to jump into things with his "eyes wide shut". rotfl.gif

If she fires at him, dodge interrupt action (-5 initiative, + gymnastics skill) to get out of the way and still try to talk with her.
Reaction 3 + Intuition 3 + Gymnastics 1 = 7 to get out of the way

He has knowledge of Psychology 3 (logic attribute 3) if he can use that to talk her down in any way.

If he gets hit, urban explorer jumpsuit 9 + body 3 = 12 dice to soak damage. Taking damage may change his future actions, but code of honor is in effect now.

Roll anything that is needed.
Aria
Sorry if this is a spanner in the works but I don't think you get to roll dodge against ranged attacks - melee only! Full defence is the only way to boost ranged def (and cover of course!)
justkelly
QUOTE (Aria @ Jun 6 2014, 10:27 AM) *
Sorry if this is a spanner in the works but I don't think you get to roll dodge against ranged attacks - melee only! Full defence is the only way to boost ranged def (and cover of course!)

P 188 standard defense is R+ I.

P 168 doesn't reference the dodge as melee only, but 188 does.

So I would only get R+ I and not the extra 1.

Thanks.
adamu
Well, you get your -5 initiative back!

@Justkelly -

thanks for the full details of your intentions/actions

tempted to move ahead with your side right now, but I am not sure it can happen in isolation from the group in the corridor.

So I am going to stick with what I said earlier about giving people a couple of days to chime in - this being PbP and all.

I'll plan to move forward with our without the AWOL around Monday-ish (gritting teeth - want to post NOW)
adamu
@Always Overkill - love your speech. Tough situation.

Just a further bit of description for envisioning the scene for everyone -
not as though the trolls said their piece and then became politely silent for the rebuttal. They are shouting over each other, and (at three seconds per just-rolled-initiative combat turn) are going to keep shouting in the same way until otherwise stated. And now Darbis makes three!

I am seeing end of True Romance in my head...
justkelly
@CoP/Aria - Okay Nica's prepped, I think, and needs to be dropped into a situation. Who should her first contact be?

@Tribes, LG, CoP, LnL, well that's everyone isn't it? biggrin.gif

I'm headed to the ORIGINS convention next week, so posts may be non-existent from Tuesday to following Monday. I'll have my phone, but typing up IC on those things is ridiculous, so likely only OOC. But, maybe I'll surprise you if WiFi is working...
justkelly
QUOTE (adamu @ Jun 6 2014, 02:46 PM) *
Well, you get your -5 initiative back!

@Justkelly -

thanks for the full details of your intentions/actions

tempted to move ahead with your side right now, but I am not sure it can happen in isolation from the group in the corridor.

So I am going to stick with what I said earlier about giving people a couple of days to chime in - this being PbP and all.

I'll plan to move forward with our without the AWOL around Monday-ish (gritting teeth - want to post NOW)

When your initiative is 9, the 5 just doesn't really matter - he has the one pass and it better be a good one or he'll never see another initiative. nyahnyah.gif

No problem on the wait, got a busy weekend prepping for my convention trip anyway. Hope to get an IC post before I leave though.?.?. Maybe?.?.?
Vegas
Sorry, my weekends until November are going to be crazy with weddings and private clients so just a heads up.

If no lead flies, keep between the corner of the corridor and the Dwarves with her action held.

If lead flies (from the Trolls): Force 6 Manabolt to whichever one she has the clearest LOS of

If lead flies (near Tommy): Take the corner and head to help (Heal if dire + necessary, Tommy that is)
Aria
@LG: Not sure Silk would see an ARO through her remote linkup unless you sent it on, and anyway, quicker to describe OoC and let you ask specific questions

1. 2 Clerics...whatever they are...
2. 5 Security personnel...doesn't seem many does it?
3. Some automated defences, mostly passive designed to slow and confuse intruders...seems like they were banking on being more invisible than they were nyahnyah.gif
4. Main entrance + lift and separate fire escape where Overdrive is headed
4. About sixty other inhabitants assigned to ten different muster stations / living areas. There are what look like immersion pods rather than beds in the rooms that you've got a feed of. Curiouser and curiouser said Alice...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012