Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
Thanee
Ok. No need to see them. I just need to give the spirit an accurate description, which shouldn't be too hard. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Slacker
@FastFoodFight: All
Anybody else of the same mindset of Swift's IC post? Seems like the options right now are to either strike Vic now before backup arrives, or jump the goons as they exit the McHugh's.

Which way are you guys wanting to go?
ElFenrir
@Game Face

Orion isn't doing much but wondering about the situation. For them to have Every Single Thing practically thought of, he's beginning to wonder if there's a mole in the building somewhere. Not necessarily on the team-his buddy runs with them-but there has to be one, else he wonders how they could have specifically been *that* prepared.(They could have of course had a spycam somewhere too.) They also seem to want the group alive.

He's also considering telling Silk to invest in some radar protection on the suite, which is generally easier to come by than wards as well. wink.gif
horvagab
QUOTE (Slacker @ Sep 3 2013, 03:17 PM) *
Anybody else of the same mindset of Swift's IC post? Seems like the options right now are to either strike Vic now before backup arrives, or jump the goons as they exit the McHugh's.

Which way are you guys wanting to go?

Gentry is voting for nabbing Vic.

As a heads up, I'll be scarce until next Wednesday/Thursday, depending on how travel goes. I'll have some limited posting ability until Friday evening (GMT+2) but after that I make no promises.
Moirdryd
Will try and get an IC post in later
Aria
QUOTE (ElFenrir @ Sep 4 2013, 09:22 AM) *
@Game Face

Orion isn't doing much but wondering about the situation. For them to have Every Single Thing practically thought of, he's beginning to wonder if there's a mole in the building somewhere. Not necessarily on the team-his buddy runs with them-but there has to be one, else he wonders how they could have specifically been *that* prepared.(They could have of course had a spycam somewhere too.) They also seem to want the group alive.

He's also considering telling Silk to invest in some radar protection on the suite, which is generally easier to come by than wards as well. wink.gif
I hope he’s not hanging about in the suite to get flashbanged?!? You’re welcome to of course, but it wouldn’t be my recommended course of action!

I’m not quite sure why you think they’ve got such good intel – it seems a fairly straight forward ‘run’ to me (albeit you are on the receiving end for a change)…find target, cause distraction, go in guns blazing, couple on the escape route to box in any runners…as I said, simple ork.gif You’ve got no evidence they want you alive (ork.gif), it’s just that flashbangs don’t destroy the building when used and are good at flushing people out!

It’s not her suite, she only got here today – ok, they are suites for rich people but I would have thought they are more concerned with surveillance than with people ‘looking’ through the wall?!? Radar bane seems more likely on a runner pad or safehouse rather than in a luxury setting downtown…? Just my thoughts anyway… biggrin.gif
Slacker
QUOTE (horvagab @ Sep 4 2013, 10:10 AM) *
Gentry is voting for nabbing Vic.

As a heads up, I'll be scarce until next Wednesday/Thursday, depending on how travel goes. I'll have some limited posting ability until Friday evening (GMT+2) but after that I make no promises.

I'm willing to move forward with the team trying to grab Vic now. Just tell me how you are trying to do it?
horvagab
I'm volunteering Gentry, either with a discreet Influence or Stunbolt.

I can also cause chaos via swarm spell.

ElFenrir
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 4 2013, 11:34 AM) *
I hope he’s not hanging about in the suite to get flashbanged?!? You’re welcome to of course, but it wouldn’t be my recommended course of action!

I’m not quite sure why you think they’ve got such good intel – it seems a fairly straight forward ‘run’ to me (albeit you are on the receiving end for a change)…find target, cause distraction, go in guns blazing, couple on the escape route to box in any runners…as I said, simple ork.gif You’ve got no evidence they want you alive (ork.gif), it’s just that flashbangs don’t destroy the building when used and are good at flushing people out!

It’s not her suite, she only got here today – ok, they are suites for rich people but I would have thought they are more concerned with surveillance than with people ‘looking’ through the wall?!? Radar bane seems more likely on a runner pad or safehouse rather than in a luxury setting downtown…? Just my thoughts anyway… biggrin.gif

Oh, I was thinking more along the lines of Silk seems to know some folks are kind of 'after her', so to speak, which is why he'd be wondering about it. biggrin.gif (And he started to make his way with the rest of the folks toward the staircase anyway, figuring it'll be the best course of action.)

Also, hearing 'flashbangs'-runners wouldn't know what to think either way really. It could be either or.
Aria
@Game Face:
Based on the original locations post and what you’ve subsequently said IC
[ Spoiler ]

I am assuming that the current party order going down the stairs is Dog, Natasha, Mr Smith and Preston followed loosely by Silk, Violet, Hatter, Tide and Orion.

I am also going to assume you don’t want to be bunched up so that a grenade or spell takes you all out in one hit?!?

Current initiative order:
Mr Smith 24, Dog 19, Natasha 11, Preston ??
Orion 16, Tide 12, Silk ??, Violet ??

If I’ve missed your standard rolls can you stick them on your character sheet post please?

I don’t think anyone is that likely to be surprised when they encounter the attackers on the stairs but I will make some rolls later and then post up some IC. In the meantime shout if you want me to adjust anything from this post! If I don’t hear from people I’m going to assume (with the exception of Mr Smith who has given me a different indication) that you will be adopting the ‘shoot first, shoot often’ mode of negotiation???
AlDaRoN
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 5 2013, 11:30 AM) *
@Game Face:

Mr Smith 24, Dog 19, Natasha 11, Preston ??
Orion 16, Tide 12, Silk ??, Violet ??

If I’ve missed your standard rolls can you stick them on your character sheet post please?

I don’t think anyone is that likely to be surprised when they encounter the attackers on the stairs but I will make some rolls later and then post up some IC. In the meantime shout if you want me to adjust anything from this post! If I don’t hear from people I’m going to assume (with the exception of Mr Smith who has given me a different indication) that you will be adopting the ‘shoot first, shoot often’ mode of negotiation???

Preston initiative is 20

I copied my rolls on the sheet post (I also posted the link to the original rolls).

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1247073
Aria
Game Face IC to come from me hopefully tomorrow!

Has FastFoodFight stalled? (was hoping to get some action in there as a player before I had to GM it in Game Face nyahnyah.gif)
Slacker
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 9 2013, 11:42 AM) *
Game Face IC to come from me hopefully tomorrow!

Has FastFoodFight stalled? (was hoping to get some action in there as a player before I had to GM it in Game Face nyahnyah.gif)

Unfortunately it does seem like FastFoodFight has stalled. You and horvagab are the only players still posting anything for it. frown.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Slacker @ Sep 9 2013, 07:06 PM) *
Unfortunately it does seem like FastFoodFight has stalled. You and horvagab are the only players still posting anything for it. frown.gif

Well the inside situation looks like we could deal with it (famous last words!)...if Gentry can try an influence spell (and not get spotted)...perhaps we can OoC decide that the absent players have gone to intercept the goons?!? That way we deal with both problems and can carry on...of course it might get Gentry and Swift dead from being over confident but them's the breaks biggrin.gif
Slacker
@FastFoodFight
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 10 2013, 03:11 AM) *
Well the inside situation looks like we could deal with it (famous last words!)...if Gentry can try an influence spell (and not get spotted)...perhaps we can OoC decide that the absent players have gone to intercept the goons?!? That way we deal with both problems and can carry on...of course it might get Gentry and Swift dead from being over confident but them's the breaks biggrin.gif

Well.... we can do that if you two want to.

horvagab, feel free to post up Gentry's roll for casting the Influence spell.
Aria
QUOTE (Slacker @ Sep 10 2013, 03:29 PM) *
@FastFoodFight

Well.... we can do that if you two want to.

horvagab, feel free to post up Gentry's roll for casting the Influence spell.

Erm...just written a cautionry note about PCs with delusions of invincibility lol

Also, just looked up the rules for noticing spell casting...I'm not sure it was such a good plan after all nyahnyah.gif
Archmike
Aria I'd just like to say:

Fucking love it ^_^ You couldn't have done that any more perfect smile.gif
Slacker
@FastFoodFight
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 10 2013, 11:35 AM) *
Erm...just written a cautionry note about PCs with delusions of invincibility lol

Also, just looked up the rules for noticing spell casting...I'm not sure it was such a good plan after all nyahnyah.gif

Oh come on, what's the worst that could happen? You die a horrible death. Wouldn't that at least be more satisfying than the game just fading away?
Moirdryd
Sorry for lack of stuff from me guys. Still basically living at work (pub and covering management holidays) with just my iPad, which doesn't handle well for the IC post edits for some reason. Thursday night however life returns to normal and I'll be bak home with a computer that dies like forum stuff (and has my PDFs on).
Aria
QUOTE (Slacker @ Sep 10 2013, 07:15 PM) *
@FastFoodFight

Oh come on, what's the worst that could happen? You die a horrible death. Wouldn't that at least be more satisfying than the game just fading away?

Ah hell, let's go for it biggrin.gif

Although didn't horvagab mention being away for a bit...? Wanna roll for Gentry??? ork.gif
Slacker
@FastFoodFight
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 10 2013, 04:23 PM) *
Ah hell, let's go for it biggrin.gif

Although didn't horvagab mention being away for a bit...? Wanna roll for Gentry??? ork.gif

Sure... I can roll for Gentry. Rolling Spellcasting 5 + Magic 6 [Force 4] (being conservative on the Force to limit how much Drain she might take)....she only managed to get 2 hits. On the Drain test she rolls Charisma 5 + Willpower 4 getting... 5 hits. So she fully resists the drain.

Now let's see what Vic rolls for defense.... with Logic 3 and Willpower 4 he rolls 4 hits. Uh oh.... Not looking good with him easily resisting the spell.

Let's see if he noticed it being cast at him. Perceiving Magic is a Simple Perception + Intuition [Mental] test with the threshold of Skill Rating (in this case 6) - Force (in this case 4). So Vic needs at least 2 hits on Perception to realize Gentry just cast a spell at him (I'm not bothering with anybody else rolling Perception with the idea being that nobody else is really paying attention to their surroundings).... You're in luck, because the writers of these missions never seem to give anybody the Perception skill. So Vic is actually defaulting to his Intuition -1.

Doh, looks like he managed to get the 2 hits needed even though he only had 3 dice to roll.

Time for Gentry and Swift to roll initiative!
Aria
@FFF:

Oh crap! Bloody mages lol... initiative is 2d6+7 → [2,5,7] = (14)

@GameFacers:

Ok, the battle on the stairs was short and sweet. I paused it here to give you an opportunity to do something/anything with the corpses, or the pursuers, before I push on. But if I don’t hear anything from anyone I’ll try and give you a more obvious point for choosing a plan of action…sorry, was written in a bit of a hurry, I usually try and leave things more open ended so that anyone can post.
Slacker
@FastFoodFight
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 11 2013, 11:33 AM) *
@FFF:

Oh crap! Bloody mages lol... initiative is 2d6+7 → [2,5,7] = (14)

I'll go ahead and roll init for Gentry too...well, maybe she doesn't want me doing that any more because I just got a 1 on her init die.

Anyway, it looks like Swift is going first in initiative. So what are you planning to do in this situation?
Aria
The reasonable part of me wants to find a way to talk this one out... the gung ho part wants to just shoot him...Swift's totem is probably calling for something in between the two extremes...will have a think!

Also need to look up quick draw rules, hidden arm slide etc to see how that all works now...
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 11 2013, 02:37 PM) *
The reasonable part of me wants to find a way to talk this one out... the gung ho part wants to just shoot him...Swift's totem is probably calling for something in between the two extremes...will have a think!

Also need to look up quick draw rules, hidden arm slide etc to see how that all works now...
Hidden Arm Slide SR4A322. Free action (to draw)
Quick Draw SR4A146/147 Simple Action (draw and fire), Pistols + Reaction(3) test, reduced to threshold 2 if in quick draw holster

EDIT: But you want the SR5 rules.
Slacker
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 11 2013, 03:37 PM) *

I would say that what little you know about Vic Fratelli would lead you to believe he's not the easiest person to talk anything out with in the best of situations, let alone when your partner just got caught trying to cast a spell on him.

The normal Quick Draw rules is that it is a Simple Action, you make (Weapon Skill) + Reaction [Physical] (3) Test. If the weapon is held in a quick-draw holster you reduce the threshold to 2. If you succeed, you draw the weapon and fire. If you fail, the weapon is readied, but not fired. If you glitch the gun get stuck or you drop it and no more actions allowed. On a critical glitch, the gun fires while still in the holster or something similar.

Hidden Arm slide does have the option of being wirelessly enabled which actually allows you to ready a weapon with a Free Action instead of relying on the Quick Draw action.
Thanee
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 5 2013, 06:30 PM) *
Violet ??

Sorry, I will add some (EDIT: done now)... though my initiative shouldn't be very relevant right now, anyways. wink.gif

Also, those standard rolls are a bit problematic for me, since my dice pools will vary quite a bit, depending on active spells and powers. So, adding a ton in advance won't work, really.

Initiative is 15 -1 (wound modifier) = 14 for now.

Did my spirit manage to intercept the team on the balcony, BTW?

Bye
Thanee
horvagab
And I'm back. Sorry for the long delay everyone. Got back on Wednesday, but work and general travel fatigue kinda took me over.

Ouch, Slacker, are you hoarding all the 1s for me, and keeping the 6s for your NPCs? nyahnyah.gif

J/K, thanks for rolling and having things progress.

I'll have the book on me in 10 hours or so, so I can get a read on what I can actually do.

How many opponents do we have? Will anyone else be joining in on the fight in the diner?
Aria
en smoke my gat, boz scanned down, iz shuffed down dem stairs. dat blowback, had me some brain sweat. ganked a nade, stacked em on boz. nancy boy right there, axed em "you mojo up some slitch happens here? dey come, i pop dem nade"

Can't wait to see what Mr Smith makes of that lot biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 13 2013, 08:12 AM) *
Did my spirit manage to intercept the team on the balcony, BTW?

Bye
Thanee

It should be able to...give me some idea of what you want to command it to do once you are outside the ward... it will certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons! It's force 9 so fairly inteligent so commands don't need to be too explicit... although that said, it's force 9, massively more inteligent than you or anyone else in the room... ork.gif
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 13 2013, 04:18 PM) *
Can't wait to see what Mr Smith makes of that lot biggrin.gif
I'm waiting to see if another character has a spec in English(street), that'll be a fun back-and-forth smile.gif Hopefully spoilering the actual text mitigates any annoyance anyone might have when having to read that gibberish...

QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 13 2013, 04:18 PM) *
although that said, it's force 9, massively more inteligent than you or anyone else in the room... ork.gif
That's right, cuz Dog is now in the stairwell biggrin.gif
Thanee
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 13 2013, 10:18 AM) *
It should be able to...give me some idea of what you want to command it to do once you are outside the ward... it will certainly put the cat amongst the pigeons! It's force 9 so fairly inteligent so commands don't need to be too explicit... although that said, it's force 9, massively more inteligent than you or anyone else in the room... ork.gif

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?show...50#entry1258780 wink.gif

Bye
Thanee
Moirdryd
Sorry for my posti8ng delay, just put something up now and should be back to demi regular posting smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 13 2013, 09:33 AM) *

Sorry, don't know how I missed that...was it an edit? Anyway, no excuses, that spirit will be wreaking havoc out there! ...goes away to muse about what the hell can they do against 18 hardened armour?!?
Thanee
Might have edited that in after the summoning was done, but if so it was at the same day as I posted it.

Bye
Thanee
Aria
No worries...just need to sort out the ramifications in my head. There are opposing mages in the attack force so perhaps you could roll me a set of standard attack and def rolls for your spirit please? Including spell defence! I suppose as you've given it free reign I should choose what attack powers it would use but in this case I'd rather you decided so that I don't inadvertantly use sub par powers biggrin.gif

It's smart enough to attack the mages first I'd think so there probably won't be many resistance rolls needed lol
Aria
QUOTE (Slacker @ Sep 12 2013, 02:21 PM) *
I would say that what little you know about Vic Fratelli would lead you to believe he's not the easiest person to talk anything out with in the best of situations, let alone when your partner just got caught trying to cast a spell on him.

The normal Quick Draw rules is that it is a Simple Action, you make (Weapon Skill) + Reaction [Physical] (3) Test. If the weapon is held in a quick-draw holster you reduce the threshold to 2. If you succeed, you draw the weapon and fire. If you fail, the weapon is readied, but not fired. If you glitch the gun get stuck or you drop it and no more actions allowed. On a critical glitch, the gun fires while still in the holster or something similar.

Hidden Arm slide does have the option of being wirelessly enabled which actually allows you to ready a weapon with a Free Action instead of relying on the Quick Draw action.

I think I'll not take a combat action this time round...

SA to dive away from the table, free to taunt Fratelli and a SA to 'draw' my taser on the arm slide... wifi is all off for Swift as the AR feed will screw with her head in a combat situation.

IC coming up...

EDIT: gymnastics roll: Ag 6 + Gym 5 +Mentor 2 [phys 6] = 13d6.hits(5) → [6,2,1,5,5,1,4,5,3,3,4,4,1] = (4)
Slacker
@FastFoodFight
QUOTE (horvagab @ Sep 13 2013, 01:32 AM) *
And I'm back. Sorry for the long delay everyone. Got back on Wednesday, but work and general travel fatigue kinda took me over.

Ouch, Slacker, are you hoarding all the 1s for me, and keeping the 6s for your NPCs? nyahnyah.gif

J/K, thanks for rolling and having things progress.

I'll have the book on me in 10 hours or so, so I can get a read on what I can actually do.

How many opponents do we have? Will anyone else be joining in on the fight in the diner?

As the IC post should make apparent. You guys have a bunch of opponents to deal with. Vic has a gun pointed at Gentry, a burly guy with a mop is charging towards Swift's position (won't reach her until the second pass of combat), the security guard has also drawn his gun and is aiming for Swift, the cook hasn't drawn a weapon yet, but it's safe to assume he's on team Fratelli in this given everybody else is calling Vic "Boss", oh and Vic just shouted for the store manager to come out who must be some sort of mage.

For the rest of the NPCs, the father has grabbed his daughter to his chest and is frantically looking for a way out. The girl is looking paniced and more than a little annoyed at her dad for holding her so tight. The student is just sitting there stunned, though a look of glee is starting to creep into his eyes as he realizes he's about to see a gunfight fight up close and personal for the first time. And sweat is just pouring down the tired business man who keeps glancing back and forth between Vic, you two, and the emergency exit that isn't too far from him.
Slacker
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 13 2013, 06:08 AM) *
I think I'll not take a combat action this time round...

SA to dive away from the table, free to taunt Fratelli and a SA to 'draw' my taser on the arm slide... wifi is all off for Swift as the AR feed will screw with her head in a combat situation.

IC coming up...

EDIT: gymnastics roll: Ag 6 + Gym 5 +Mentor 2 [phys 6] = 13d6.hits(5) → [6,2,1,5,5,1,4,5,3,3,4,4,1] = (4)

Well done with the Gymnastics roll. You easily roll to some cover from Vic.
Lobo0705
@Gameface

Natasha wants to grab the commlinks from the dead guards. I put the post up in IC that I took them, but if that is a problem, let me know and I'll edit it.
Thanee
SPIRIT OF FIRE - Rolls (in materialized state)

It will use Engulf as its primary method of attack.

[ Spoiler ]

Bye
Thanee
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 13 2013, 10:17 AM) *
SPIRIT OF FIRE - Rolls (in materialized state)

It will use Engulf as its primary method of attack.

[ Spoiler ]

Bye
Thanee

Just asking (maybe I'm missing something) - but shouldn't the engulf attack be 18DV -9 AP instead of 27DV -9AP?
Thanee
Energy Aura adds the Spirit's Magic to the damage of melee attacks. Engulf is a melee attack.

Bye
Thanee
Aria
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 13 2013, 03:32 PM) *
Energy Aura adds the Spirit's Magic to the damage of melee attacks. Engulf is a melee attack.

Bye
Thanee
HOLY FRAG!!! nyahnyah.gif
Lobo0705
QUOTE (Thanee @ Sep 13 2013, 09:32 AM) *

Bye
Thanee

Wow eek.gif

Remind me not to get on your bad side!
Thanee
Yeah, it seems a little crazy... eek.gif

Bye
Thanee
Aria
Remind me to make force 8+ spirits roll edge to resist summoning!!!
Thanee
I have absolutely no problem with keeping to lower Force spirits to keep things more on a sane level. smile.gif

Bye
Thanee
Archmike
Making some assumptions in my post. One that the staircase is spiral and 2 that there's enough room for two people to fit down the gap in the middle...

...and Dog isnt going to immediately shoot me in the face ^_^
Lobo0705
Lol - did you just Mind Probe Dog?

You've got balls - hopefully he doesn't take offense smile.gif
Archmike
QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Sep 13 2013, 07:34 PM) *
Lol - did you just Mind Probe Dog?

You've got balls - hopefully he doesn't take offense smile.gif

AS far as Mr Smith is concerned it's the quickest way to figure out wtf he's going on about ^_^

Mike on the other hand had to think hard before submitting that nyahnyah.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012