Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
adamu
@Mercy & Aria

Okay, time for initiative.

Everything happens on 'combat time' now - initiative passes within three-second combat turns.

Feel free to IC thoughts, observations of the present moment, or your viewpoint of recently past actions which have been resolved.

Probably best to avoid ICing any action forward in time until we have a game resolution of it.

As for surprising/killing the leader, well, yeah, you had it set up pretty darned well, so I went with it.
But if I tried to tell a player - hey, they really got the drop on you, so you don't get a surprise check or any sort of defense, well, you'd have my head!
I owe it to these loyal foot soldiers of the Shotozumi-gumi to give them the same chance at survival going forward!

So just as in the IC, two guys (one younger thug, one real yak in a suit) rush into the kitchen, weapons ready, to find "Ando" crouched over their boss....

Aria, since you were tucked away in that tiny little, out-of-the-way study, I took the liberty of having you look out into the next room (wardrobe) so that you'd have LOS to extend your little light show out there.
Some sort of pair of guys comes in from the west door and sees the whole thing, including your ninja.

Initiative and action declarations, dice if you need them!
Jack_Spade
As you certainly surmised, John is not really a clean freak, but is placing grenades strategically.

Sleight of Hand: 11d6t5 3
Sleight of Hand: 11d6t5 2

If necessary I'll spend another point of Edge for rerolls
adamu
QUOTE (Jack_Spade @ Sep 10 2016, 11:34 PM) *
As you certainly surmised, John is not really a clean freak, but is placing grenades strategically.

Sleight of Hand: 11d6t5 3
Sleight of Hand: 11d6t5 2

If necessary I'll spend another point of Edge for rerolls

Well, before I write up any IC, yeah, you're going to need Edge or something on both of those...and blow on your dice.

Just for fun (I would never presume any ten men know the rules as well as you!), why aren't you rolling 14 dice on those (R6 Stealth autosoft, Agility 8 )?
Is that something to do with being a drone or something?
adamu
QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 10 2016, 10:08 PM) *
@Mercy & Aria

Everything happens on 'combat time' now - initiative passes within three-second combat turns.

Feel free to IC thoughts, observations of the present moment, or your viewpoint of recently past actions which have been resolved.

Probably best to avoid ICing any action forward in time until we have a game resolution of it.

As for surprising/killing the leader, well, yeah, you had it set up pretty darned well, so I went with it.
But if I tried to tell a player - hey, they really got the drop on you, so you don't get a surprise check or any sort of defense, well, you'd have my head!
I owe it to these loyal foot soldiers of the Shotozumi-gumi to give them the same chance at survival going forward!

So just as in the IC, two guys (one younger thug, one real yak in a suit) rush into the kitchen, weapons ready, to find "Ando" crouched over their boss....

Aria, since you were tucked away in that tiny little, out-of-the-way study, I took the liberty of having you look out into the next room (wardrobe) so that you'd have LOS to extend your little light show out there.
Some sort of pair of guys comes in from the west door and sees the whole thing, including your ninja.

@Mercy, which of the two guys do you want to target? Young thug or suit-wearing yak?

Can I get initiative & attack roll?
Technically, the situation would call for a Con roll as well, but we've already established the huge bonuses you are rocking, and the situation is pretty plausible, so we'll say they go for your story.
DireRadiant
DES will be moving towards the warehouse to support whatever action occurs there since that is where the exchange will occur.

Are the koreans receiving or picking up the children at the exchange?
Mercy
Tanya Initiative: Initiative: 13+3d6 28

Whip attack at real Yak: Whip Attack: 18d6t5 6 Six hits is not too bad as limit is 6 anyway. DV is 12 + net hits AP-8

Perhaps the guy is not expecting it? I am thinking this is the best chance to really hurt the professional Yak. If he goes down, the other guy might piss his pants and faint. or go off into a wall or something. If the Yak does not go down, well, oops.

I will edit the post to include two guys. Rats.
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 11 2016, 01:05 AM) *
Well, before I write up any IC, yeah, you're going to need Edge or something on both of those...and blow on your dice.

Just for fun (I would never presume any ten men know the rules as well as you!), why aren't you rolling 14 dice on those (R6 Stealth autosoft, Agility 8 )?
Is that something to do with being a drone or something?

I would have, but I wasn't sure this was inside the rules: I have a hard time to think that the Stealth Autosoft also contains detail how to impersonate someone, likewise I don't think it has sleight of hand in there. CGL should have called it Sneak Autosoft, since that is probably what it is intended to do.
But I'm more than happy to use it for my hidden actions if you allow. Otherwise I'll use my natural stealth skill group of 1

My dp is made of AGI 8 + Skill Group 1 + Control Rig 2

My thresholds are also reduced by 2, but I'm not sure how that translates to an opposed check.
The relevant rules text is this:

"Each time you roll the dice, you’ll be looking to get enough hits to meet or beat a threshold, which is the number of hits you need to do the thing you’re trying to do. That threshold changes depending on what it is you want to accomplish; sometimes it will be a set number of hits, other times you’ll just be trying to get more hits than the other guy. There will also be occasions when you see how many hits you can rack up over an extended period. All of this will be covered more in the section dealing with tests."

Technically, this would mean I have two auto successes in this situation or rather that the opposition looses two. But that's your GM decision.

But just in case this is still not enough, here are the rerolls:
Reroll sleight of hand: 8d6t5 (Total 5)
Reroll sleight of hand: 9d6t5 5 (Total 7)

No more edge, unless I get one point back for one of those:

• Good roleplaying.
  • Heroic acts of self-sacrifice.
  • Achievement of important personal goals.
  • Enduring a critical glitch without using a Close Call (you get a point of Edge back to balance the scales a bit; this should be used judiciously, though, so as not to always let the players off the hook when they roll a critical glitch).
  • Succeeding in an important objective.
  • Being particularly brave or smart.
  • Pushing the storyline forward.
  • Having the right skills in the right place at the right time.
  • Impressing the group with humor or drama.

mister__joshua
Haha. Please give me edge, pleeeeease! nyahnyah.gif
JDragon
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Sep 10 2016, 09:12 PM) *
DES will be moving towards the warehouse to support whatever action occurs there since that is where the exchange will occur.

Are the koreans receiving or picking up the children at the exchange?

If Des has room Rocky will tag along?

What time in game was it that he left?

JD
Aria
@Mercy & Aria

<snip>

Yeah, I'd assumed I needed to be able to see into the main space...a little vague still as to precisely where I am, will need to try and dig out the mansion pic again and stick it on OP!

Initiative: 8+1d6: 11 [1d6=3]... Spriggan is going to devote all her concentration to maintaining the illusion for now, hopefully catch Yaks in their own crossfire by putting the ninja(s) between two groups of them!
adamu
@Jack - I guess I thought that Stealth autosoft was for the Stealth skill group...but I guess it's some other thing.

Whereas I have searched and peered and gazed at your sheet on OP and can't find a rating for you having the Stealth Group - maybe it's on your own sheet and the OP sheet hasn't been updated.

Whatever - I'll take your word on your 11 dice pool.

So the fact that you are essentially rigging yourself at all times gives you -2 on thresholds for what, all physical actions? that's news to me (what I get for allowing a character build I don't really understand!).
But that's cool - we've all got tricks up our sleeve.

With the two auto-successes, you won't need any Edge for those Palming rolls, so you're back up to, what is it, two?
Your total is three. Where did you spend the first one?
If you used it before the last time you plugged in and recharged your body and also did that sleepy AI thing, then you get it back.

@All - anyone that had a chance to rest at the safehouse (all of you I think) gets a point of Edge back if you had used any.
adamu
QUOTE (JDragon @ Sep 11 2016, 11:38 PM) *
If Des has room Rocky will tag along?

What time in game was it that he left?

JD

Looks like 2046 by the time stamp of Dire's last IC post. His big RV definitely has room for you and anyone else.

If you are going to the exchange site, then that's about 30-45 minutes away at normal speeds (I guess - been a long time since I lived in Seattle - I guess it depends on how clear I-5 is in 2075!).
adamu
QUOTE (Mercy @ Sep 11 2016, 06:23 AM) *
Tanya Initiative: Initiative: 13+3d6 28

Whip attack at real Yak: Whip Attack: 18d6t5 6 Six hits is not too bad as limit is 6 anyway. DV is 12 + net hits AP-8

Perhaps the guy is not expecting it? I am thinking this is the best chance to really hurt the professional Yak. If he goes down, the other guy might piss his pants and faint. or go off into a wall or something. If the Yak does not go down, well, oops.

I will edit the post to include two guys. Rats.

@Mercy - yeah, you cut that guy's legs off, which means he's effectively dead (the day will come when someone actually still tries to shoot you in that state, but pretty rare I think!).

So the second guy - the real question is whether he is, in game terms, surprised.
So you can make a Surprise test and we'll see how you do against his roll. Add two dice to your roll since you really have done something he never saw coming - would've been more of a bonus, but I have to balance with the fact that he's on his toes and ready for a fight.

@Aria - you are in the small study, your illusion (until you move progress your line of sight deeper into the building) is in the room marked wardrobe, and the two guys who are right now now about to shoot at it are coming from bedroom 3 - so yikes - if anyone is going to accidentally get hit at this moment it will be you.
You do also hear footsteps from the north...
The getting your illusion between trigger-happy foes is a great idea, but you'll need to do just that - let me know if you want to move (and I understand you are not currently sustaining the invisibility). You've basically got a held action right now, so go anytime you want.

Mercy
Tanya Surprise Test: Surprise: 15d6t5 7 not a bad roll. 7 hits is pretty good. Hopefully, the thug is not completely on his toes.
Jack_Spade
QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 12 2016, 10:42 PM) *
@Jack - I guess I thought that Stealth autosoft was for the Stealth skill group...but I guess it's some other thing.

Whereas I have searched and peered and gazed at your sheet on OP and can't find a rating for you having the Stealth Group - maybe it's on your own sheet and the OP sheet hasn't been updated.

Whatever - I'll take your word on your 11 dice pool.

So the fact that you are essentially rigging yourself at all times gives you -2 on thresholds for what, all physical actions? that's news to me (what I get for allowing a character build I don't really understand!).
But that's cool - we've all got tricks up our sleeve.

With the two auto-successes, you won't need any Edge for those Palming rolls, so you're back up to, what is it, two?
Your total is three. Where did you spend the first one?
If you used it before the last time you plugged in and recharged your body and also did that sleepy AI thing, then you get it back.

To be fair: I didn't actually plan this as a feature. I only noticed it while I scrambled for something to improve my odds. Sometimes I surprise myself with my builds biggrin.gif
The Stealth group is on my character sheet at the shadowruntabletop forum. I should update the Obsidian Portal sheet. (That one lacks a skill group section).

I spend a point of Edge for a bluff check - but if my AI-Sleep/realignment counts, I'm more than happy to keep my Edge at full

mister__joshua
I have no idea how John works either! nyahnyah.gif
What book are anthro drones in?
Jack_Spade
He. You'll have to organize a run to get to that paydata, hombre...

Or I just tell you: John is one part E-Ghost (p.147 DT) with Pilot Origins (p.150 DT) and one part SAEDER-KRUPP DIREKTIONSSEKRETAR (p.148 R5) with a shitload of mods and a ramped up drone pilot (aquired with Restricted Gear from RF p. 149)
Hm. I beginn to see a trend with those page numbers...
adamu
QUOTE (Mercy @ Sep 13 2016, 06:42 AM) *
Tanya Surprise Test: Surprise: 15d6t5 7 not a bad roll. 7 hits is pretty good. Hopefully, the thug is not completely on his toes.

Okay, you totally surprise the other guy - he won't be able to even dodge attacks until after your next action in this combat turn. He won't even see them coming. Assuming he survives your second initiative pass, he'll be able to act normally....

(Do what you want, but I don't think I'm going too far out on a limb to suppose you will attack him - if that happens he's dead - we don't need to waste time rolling for it.)

Feel free to IC de-legging the first guy and then (if you wish use your second action in that manner) slaughtering the second as well.

@Aria - the bullets won't hurt you, but it will act as sort of a one-success inadvertent suppressive fire if you choose to venture past the doorway...I'm rolling ahead with these guys to match the progress in time of Tanya, but you still have your held action - let me know when you want to use it.
adamu
@DES group - based on stated intention in Dire's last IC post, bumped ahead to DES arriving in the vicinity of the site (don't want to presume exactly how close you go or in what manner you approach). Also did not specify who is with him in the RV.

Hopefully you all will fill in those blanks for me.

Basically trying to keep things going, which I'll admit is tricky - a sort of waiting game situation doesn't really mix well with PbP. Live and learn.
Mercy
OK. Tanya's uses her second IP to take out the other gunman then the third to take stock of the situation. She is going to scan with the radar to find where people are, use her left hand to pick up the handgun from one of the bodies, and send a quick call on her throat mic to Spriggan.

Second Round: Initiative: 13+3d6 24 Initiative 24 and 3IP

What does she see with her radar?
adamu
QUOTE (Mercy @ Sep 14 2016, 05:42 AM) *
OK. Tanya's uses her second IP to take out the other gunman then the third to take stock of the situation. She is going to scan with the radar to find where people are, use her left hand to pick up the handgun from one of the bodies, and send a quick call on her throat mic to Spriggan.

Second Round: Initiative: 13+3d6 24 Initiative 24 and 3IP

What does she see with her radar?

Okay, your IC had you sort of squatting when you attacked, and now you're picking up the gun, so I'm going to assume (for purposes of what bad guys see) that you are down below the level of the kitchen bar/counter (that faces the patio doors) and that your two latest victims are down on that kitchen floor too.

So all that's immediately visible to the two guys coming in through the patio door is Tanaka's oil scorched corpse (he was on the other side of the bar/counter, right?) and a lot of blood spatter.

See IC for all the other info...

EDIT - voice of evil GM - just noticed that Translate-Ear has a one-second delay. Now that you're in combat, each of your initiative passes is one second, so you'll be getting translated chatter a bit late...

EDT EDIT - okay, the IC sets the scene and closes the combat turn. Your initiative is high (at least in the room you're in), so please declare your actions.
Aria - you can use a held action whenever, and as a background action (assuming you are sustaining your phantasm) please let me know your ninja's reaction or whatever to all the lead being shot at it!
Mercy
Darned one second delay. I will have to put some karma into language skills in the future.

I would like to point out that the dead boss is not Tanaka. Tanaka is unconscious in the small study, although there is enough lead flying in that direction that he and Ando might be having some issues. Tanya was pretending to be Tanaka until she killed the boss and is now pretending to be Ando. I am not sure that you ever said who the boss is. So being down behind the counter might be a benefit if I am unseen at the moment. The radar should be effective even if I cannot see the men.

Action for IP1: OK. here goes. Holding my complex action, if possible. Place the gun back on the floor and my right hand slightly behind me. Give a few soft sobs that are loud enough for the two men to hear and wait for one or both to come look around the counter. Play shocked and murmur something like "Tanaka did it." See what happens. I think it would be natural for "Ando" to appear to be shocked at the bodies, as I would assume the others to be as well. This should cover my delay in understanding what they are saying to me. Appearing unarmed may help in giving the image I am trying to project. I am waiting for an opportunity to strike. If one is told by the other to give me a hand I will offer him my left hand to pull me up as I swing the whip at the second. Of course, they could be disgusted with Ando and just turn their backs on me.............
adamu
QUOTE (Mercy @ Sep 15 2016, 06:08 AM) *
Darned one second delay. I will have to put some karma into language skills in the future.

I would like to point out that the dead boss is not Tanaka. Tanaka is unconscious in the small study, although there is enough lead flying in that direction that he and Ando might be having some issues. Tanya was pretending to be Tanaka until she killed the boss and is now pretending to be Ando. I am not sure that you ever said who the boss is. So being down behind the counter might be a benefit if I am unseen at the moment. The radar should be effective even if I cannot see the men.

Action for IP1: OK. here goes. Holding my complex action, if possible. Place the gun back on the floor and my right hand slightly behind me. Give a few soft sobs that are loud enough for the two men to hear and wait for one or both to come look around the counter. Play shocked and murmur something like "Tanaka did it." See what happens. I think it would be natural for "Ando" to appear to be shocked at the bodies, as I would assume the others to be as well. This should cover my delay in understanding what they are saying to me. Appearing unarmed may help in giving the image I am trying to project. I am waiting for an opportunity to strike. If one is told by the other to give me a hand I will offer him my left hand to pull me up as I swing the whip at the second. Of course, they could be disgusted with Ando and just turn their backs on me.............

Doh - you are totally right about the names. I will edit that to make it right first thing.

Nothing wrong with your plan, but it presents a challenge in terms of timing.
The sorts of interaction takes, well, a few seconds - as opposed to the one-second-is-probably-too-long parry-and-thrust of SR combat-time.
But we make the game fit our needs - only the two other guys actually in the room with you, and Aria is sort of holding actions as Spriggan's illusion suffers a clip-emptying barrage.

So I'll write an IC that extends for a few seconds on terms of human interaction and time passage for others in the house, but then we can click back onto combat time with you and these two guys down just one action each.

(and putting the gun down is a simple action, which would preclude holding a complex, but we'll let that pass in favor of your creative tactics! - plenty of time for me to be evil later...or sooner!)
Mercy
I can give up the other simple action for the first combat round and start on the second one. You had to have him throw up all over me, didn't you? Oh well, not like there isn't some blood on me anyway.

OK. Actions for IP2.

Stand up shakily and move in the direction of the well-dressed man, using my left hand to support me on the counter. I am hoping that the news on the com system will have him slightly distracted. He already is disgusted with me and has probably already relegated any thought of me to some low priority. All things considered, it is a great time to attack him. The other guy is in my radar (har har) just in case he is more than he seems to be.

Whip attack: Whip Attack: 18d6t5 8 8 hits is very good. Too bad the limit is 6. DV 12 + net hits AP-8

By the way, were the commands to be quiet on the com net coming from the guy I am with? Also, I am assuming this is another of the well-dressed professional Yaks?

Have you seen Hudson Hawke? Old movie, but the best part is that the two protagonists used songs in their heads to stay on time. Tanya uses dance.
Aria
Sorry folks, still alive, just having to write off this week for RP stuff frown.gif
Aria
@Mercy & Aria

Hmmm... somehow I had it in my head that I would have a view in to where Lady T was so that would mean going all the way into Bed 2 at the least...? Otherwise my light show is pretty much confined to the wardrobe and maybe the bathroom, which hardly has the dramatic style I was going for nyahnyah.gif ...any problem with fudging Sprig a bit closer to the action? Unless that really confuses the IC?? Either way she will be on Full Def and maintaining the illusion, making the ninja 'dodge' the bullets etc...

Does Spriggan have any clue where these deckers are yet? Not sure it's been communicated but I probably need to re-read the IC nyahnyah.gif

Oh, and the plan of the house is on OP, I had already done that smile.gif
Bastard
Sorry if this is the wrong place, but it says recruitment is always open, so I am guessing it is.

I am interested in joining this group, but I have no idea where to start. These threads look to have a long lasting group, which is hard to find in pbp games. I ran a campaign that died out for the final time in 2015, a few months short of 7 years. I have been looking for a group with some consistency since. I can post almost daily, but I work 12 hour rotating shifts, and sometimes cannot take a break to fuck off on my phone.

I am still new to SR5, but I have played a couple times in RL and started as a player a few times on pbp that dissolved, but most of my experience is in SR3.

If there is room for me, now or in the future, could someone guide me to a place in a couple of the threads to start reading? Also, I would need the chargen rules. I saw the rules in Run! and I am interested in the story line there, but I am ignorant of Persistent World, unless it is in the generic terminology.

If this is the wrong place to be posting this, then I apologize and ask to be directed to the correct place, and accept whatever demeaning insults you may type.
Imladir
The campaign you see on the thread Tangled Current - DES should be booked I think. Or it was not too long ago, and since no one left, that should still be the case.
Run! is pretty different, and while I'm in it, I have no idea what the "Persistent Game World" means either. Never even paid attention to that. So whatever it means, you probably can ignore it without too much trouble wink.gif

On a more "standard" SR5 game, you would have the Tangled Current mastered by Mercy. It takes place in June (whereas it's November for DES & Co) 2076, and since two players seem to have mysteriously dropped, there may be some room. Shoot him a PM if you want more details.
For Run! and both Tangled Currents, you will be able to find all the character sheets there: https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com/characters

As for character creation, I can only recommend Chummer5, you would have everything you need (except the descriptions of spells/qualities/etc. but most are relatively clear even without that, and if you have questions, you can always ask)
adamu
QUOTE (Mercy @ Sep 16 2016, 04:26 AM) *
I can give up the other simple action for the first combat round and start on the second one. You had to have him throw up all over me, didn't you? Oh well, not like there isn't some blood on me anyway.

OK. Actions for IP2.

Stand up shakily and move in the direction of the well-dressed man, using my left hand to support me on the counter. I am hoping that the news on the com system will have him slightly distracted. He already is disgusted with me and has probably already relegated any thought of me to some low priority. All things considered, it is a great time to attack him. The other guy is in my radar (har har) just in case he is more than he seems to be.

Whip attack: Whip Attack: 18d6t5 8 8 hits is very good. Too bad the limit is 6. DV 12 + net hits AP-8

By the way, were the commands to be quiet on the com net coming from the guy I am with? Also, I am assuming this is another of the well-dressed professional Yaks?

Have you seen Hudson Hawke? Old movie, but the best part is that the two protagonists used songs in their heads to stay on time. Tanya uses dance.

Yeah, Bruce Willis, Danny Aiello, Andie MacDowell. Long time ago. Remember it being sort of silly.

This guy in the suit actually saw your attack coming and tried to avoid it, but it was hopeless.

And yeah, puking thug doesn't even have a clue (dice just not with the bad guys, today - even wasted one of their Edge points).

I will IC a bit of the carnage, then see about Aria's predicament....

That brings a full combat turn to an end (per previous discussion on timing), so feel free to roll initiative and declare actions.
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 19 2016, 01:28 PM) *
Hmmm... somehow I had it in my head that I would have a view in to where Lady T was so that would mean going all the way into Bed 2 at the least...? Otherwise my light show is pretty much confined to the wardrobe and maybe the bathroom, which hardly has the dramatic style I was going for nyahnyah.gif ...any problem with fudging Sprig a bit closer to the action? Unless that really confuses the IC?? Either way she will be on Full Def and maintaining the illusion, making the ninja 'dodge' the bullets etc...

Does Spriggan have any clue where these deckers are yet? Not sure it's been communicated but I probably need to re-read the IC nyahnyah.gif

Oh, and the plan of the house is on OP, I had already done that smile.gif

Aria - I'm all for being flexible and doing whatever makes things fun, but you'll see that the last several IC posts with Tanya have been all about her acting all innocent and killing whatever unsuspecting gangster wanders into the room one by one. That actually was only viable because your little show was a couple of rooms away (and drawing off four guys that would by now be attempting to slaughter her!).

No problem with having your illusion Chow Yun Fat his way around all their bullets. If you want to progress further into the building we could have you get your Invisi-mojo back on and you could walk the thing forward (though there are now bad guys in both doorways.

Or you could take him and your show outside (with or without invis) and work him anywhere you can manage by looking through windows...?

Happy to work with you - just let me know where you want to be. We can say your actions take place in either the upcoming combat turn (in which case go where you like), or else in the one just past (where Tanya kills a one guy while the other pukes), as long as it doesn't encroach too closely on her position.

As for where the deckers are, it was in the IC I think which rooms Tanya hadn't scanned, so probably one of those since nothing so far looked like it had many guys (but they wouldn't have to all be in one room...).
By now Tanya has identified a room on the second floor with a lot more people in it, but no, that was not yet communicated.
adamu
@DES group - hey guys, a combination of me being busy and this whole waiting-game thing (plus, to be fair, a rather leisurely post rate from most of us) has really slowed this game up.

Mostly me - the waiting-game thing not probably a great idea for PbP!

I see we have John prepping something awful for the Koreans at the restaurant, and waiting to hit them once they are committed to the delivery (hopefully).

I see we have Vexboy lying in wait to nail the snipers (on one roof).

I see that we have the rest of the group (????? at least DES and Rocky - can I just get confirmation whether Rave and Mr. J also go with them in the RV?).

So do you guys have more prep work/legwork you want to do, or are you happy for me to accelerate through this waiting stuff?
Jack_Spade
Acceleration is exactly what I had in mind - mainly by mixing ammonia and bleach when the time comes rotfl.gif
adamu
@Jack - is Kynos some alternate name for John/Revenant, or are you playing in too many games at the same time?
Jack_Spade
Ups, yeah, to many characters at the same time active biggrin.gif
Will edit.
Mercy
Well, I did expect that the drek would hit the fan soon. So far we have 4 Yaks dead and 2 unconscious in the small study. Plus 4 more gunmen apparently involved in shooting at the illusion. Not too bad for only two of us. Still, it looks to be disintegrating quickly and we have to keep the dance going. Can I ask if I was able to use all 3IP or only 2? If I still have one, I will move to kill the puking gunman. I will leave it your call if I used all three. If I have, I will go to the next round.

My radar is still active, so can I see where the other players are? I need to know if people are near enough to enter the kitchen before I would be able to kill the other man. But I have a plan. What do I see?

Tanya Initiative: Initiative: 13+3d6 22 22 and 3IP.
Aria
QUOTE (Bastard @ Sep 21 2016, 05:24 AM) *
Sorry if this is the wrong place, but it says recruitment is always open, so I am guessing it is.

I am interested in joining this group, but I have no idea where to start. These threads look to have a long lasting group, which is hard to find in pbp games. I ran a campaign that died out for the final time in 2015, a few months short of 7 years. I have been looking for a group with some consistency since. I can post almost daily, but I work 12 hour rotating shifts, and sometimes cannot take a break to fuck off on my phone.

I am still new to SR5, but I have played a couple times in RL and started as a player a few times on pbp that dissolved, but most of my experience is in SR3.

If there is room for me, now or in the future, could someone guide me to a place in a couple of the threads to start reading? Also, I would need the chargen rules. I saw the rules in Run! and I am interested in the story line there, but I am ignorant of Persistent World, unless it is in the generic terminology.

If this is the wrong place to be posting this, then I apologize and ask to be directed to the correct place, and accept whatever demeaning insults you may type.

Hi, this is very much the right place! Run! still has room for more characters if teenage angst and weird shit is your thing (there's a recruitment thread for this lurking that sets out the char gen specifics for this one)! As for Tangled Currents (standard sum-10 build +40 freebie contact points), you will need to ask Mercy if you can slot in there somewhere as I am not GM on that one!

Persistent World is something that was coined for a pbp run I participated in a looooong time ago...in this case it basically means that all the 2075 IC threads are considered to be happening in the same game world, NPCs will be shared and crop up in multiple threads and actions from one IC thread might impact on others. Basically not something that you need to worry about too much biggrin.gif

Without wishing to sound like a shameless plug you may find my (and my collaborators) excel char generator useful as it lists a lot of rules for stuff without needing to trawl through a load of sourcebooks! <<CG 5.15>>
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 21 2016, 07:21 PM) *
Aria - I'm all for being flexible and doing whatever makes things fun, but you'll see that the last several IC posts with Tanya have been all about her acting all innocent and killing whatever unsuspecting gangster wanders into the room one by one. That actually was only viable because your little show was a couple of rooms away (and drawing off four guys that would by now be attempting to slaughter her!).

No problem with having your illusion Chow Yun Fat his way around all their bullets. If you want to progress further into the building we could have you get your Invisi-mojo back on and you could walk the thing forward (though there are now bad guys in both doorways.

Or you could take him and your show outside (with or without invis) and work him anywhere you can manage by looking through windows...?

Happy to work with you - just let me know where you want to be. We can say your actions take place in either the upcoming combat turn (in which case go where you like), or else in the one just past (where Tanya kills a one guy while the other pukes), as long as it doesn't encroach too closely on her position.

As for where the deckers are, it was in the IC I think which rooms Tanya hadn't scanned, so probably one of those since nothing so far looked like it had many guys (but they wouldn't have to all be in one room...).
By now Tanya has identified a room on the second floor with a lot more people in it, but no, that was not yet communicated.
Hmmm...ok, I take your point, fog of pbp nyahnyah.gif

So...my illusion jumped unspectacularly in through the study window...with only Spiggan to view it (plus any cameras in the neighbourhood I guess so not a complete loss) and the bad guys are shooting at it from the door to bed 2...right?!? So...by erasing herself from the illusion Sprigg should be able to walk it out of bed 2 into the family room and have the goons chase it...yes that takes them back towards Lady T but should then set up the crossfire I was after with anyone else coming in to the family room. Does that work??? I will probably have another ninja jump in the bed 2 windows too with more smoke and confusion to prevent people looking too hard at the illusion...
adamu
QUOTE (Mercy @ Sep 22 2016, 05:53 AM) *
Well, I did expect that the drek would hit the fan soon. So far we have 4 Yaks dead and 2 unconscious in the small study. Plus 4 more gunmen apparently involved in shooting at the illusion. Not too bad for only two of us. Still, it looks to be disintegrating quickly and we have to keep the dance going. Can I ask if I was able to use all 3IP or only 2? If I still have one, I will move to kill the puking gunman. I will leave it your call if I used all three. If I have, I will go to the next round.

My radar is still active, so can I see where the other players are? I need to know if people are near enough to enter the kitchen before I would be able to kill the other man. But I have a plan. What do I see?

Tanya Initiative: Initiative: 13+3d6 22 22 and 3IP.

As discussed earlier, the last turn has ended, you'll be starting a new turn with the initiative you just rolled.

You've got the puking guy. The configuration on the second floor is basically the same as last time I explained it - dozen or so guys all over up there, especially in the bedroom to the north. Four are heading down the stairs right now.

On the ground floor you've got four guys converged on the Wardrobe. Lots of shooting.

There were guys outside, judging by what was coming over their comms, but you don't have a scan on them.

adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 22 2016, 01:25 PM) *
Hmmm...ok, I take your point, fog of pbp nyahnyah.gif

So...my illusion jumped unspectacularly in through the study window...with only Spiggan to view it (plus any cameras in the neighbourhood I guess so not a complete loss) and the bad guys are shooting at it from the door to bed 2...right?!? So...by erasing herself from the illusion Sprigg should be able to walk it out of bed 2 into the family room and have the goons chase it...yes that takes them back towards Lady T but should then set up the crossfire I was after with anyone else coming in to the family room. Does that work??? I will probably have another ninja jump in the bed 2 windows too with more smoke and confusion to prevent people looking too hard at the illusion...

Like you said, the jump through the window was only unspectacular if the house isn't filled with cameras....

There are four guys shooting at your imaginary friend - two from Bedroom 2 and two from the Master Bath - and no, none are shooting each other.

See my response to your earlier idea about erasing yourself from the illusion - you can only generate illusion within your LOS, so very tricky to have yourself within that...and I don't want to set a precedent that would make that spell more crazy powerful than it is.

That said, want to get you into the game...and the room in question is the Wardrobe, so I'm assuming there are lots of floor-to-ceiling mirrors, and the north and west ones probably aren't shot out. So I guess you could keep yourself in your own line of sight, at least as long as you are in that room.....

I think Mercy is ready to rock on her next Combat Turn, so I'll assume you'll also go in that Turn...

Put an IC or a concrete OOC direction on exactly what you'll do illusion-wise and where you move...

And try not to clash with each other!

Mercy
Tanya attacks the man throwing up. His back is to her so she might have an advantage: Whip Attack: 18d6t5 8 8 hits but accuracy is 6. DV 12 + net hits AP-8.

During the next IP Tanya will throw herself on the floor next to a cupboard, soaking her clothes in blood and vomit and changing. Ando is a possible liability and she needs to ditch the man's face. Not much will change in a combat round, but she reasons that the thugs might not be able to readily identify her all covered in blood anyway. Her intent is to draw one or more of the four to her and hopefully divert their attention by mumbling a few words about two witches attacking everyone here. Apparently there is some history with witches and these guys. She expects (hopes) that one of the four will be left behind to see to her and that she can take care of him.
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 22 2016, 10:53 PM) *
Like you said, the jump through the window was only unspectacular if the house isn't filled with cameras....

There are four guys shooting at your imaginary friend - two from Bedroom 2 and two from the Master Bath - and no, none are shooting each other.

See my response to your earlier idea about erasing yourself from the illusion - you can only generate illusion within your LOS, so very tricky to have yourself within that...and I don't want to set a precedent that would make that spell more crazy powerful than it is.

That said, want to get you into the game...and the room in question is the Wardrobe, so I'm assuming there are lots of floor-to-ceiling mirrors, and the north and west ones probably aren't shot out. So I guess you could keep yourself in your own line of sight, at least as long as you are in that room.....

I think Mercy is ready to rock on her next Combat Turn, so I'll assume you'll also go in that Turn...

Put an IC or a concrete OOC direction on exactly what you'll do illusion-wise and where you move...

And try not to clash with each other!

Trid Phantasm is an AOE spell so I take it that she essentially has control of whatever anyone sees in a 6m radius (provided she has LOS to that point, and they don't resist the spell)...that's a pretty huge area!

Looking at the map she should be able to briefly position ninja directly between the two groups of shooters for a second, he'll have to vault over them I guess to lead them away from Spriggan... IC coming up, bit vague on timings exactly so I leave that to you smile.gif

Oh, and do you want me to roll for her spirit companion or will you handle those rolls? Happy either way...
Bastard
QUOTE (Imladir @ Sep 20 2016, 09:43 PM) *
The campaign you see on the thread Tangled Current - DES should be booked I think. Or it was not too long ago, and since no one left, that should still be the case.
Run! is pretty different, and while I'm in it, I have no idea what the "Persistent Game World" means either. Never even paid attention to that. So whatever it means, you probably can ignore it without too much trouble wink.gif

On a more "standard" SR5 game, you would have the Tangled Current mastered by Mercy. It takes place in June (whereas it's November for DES & Co) 2076, and since two players seem to have mysteriously dropped, there may be some room. Shoot him a PM if you want more details.
For Run! and both Tangled Currents, you will be able to find all the character sheets there: https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.com/characters

As for character creation, I can only recommend Chummer5, you would have everything you need (except the descriptions of spells/qualities/etc. but most are relatively clear even without that, and if you have questions, you can always ask)

Thanks for the response. I will try to get characters drawn up by next weekend. I got a PM from Mercy that I will respond to.

QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 22 2016, 05:18 AM) *
Hi, this is very much the right place! Run! still has room for more characters if teenage angst and weird shit is your thing (there's a recruitment thread for this lurking that sets out the char gen specifics for this one)! As for Tangled Currents (standard sum-10 build +40 freebie contact points), you will need to ask Mercy if you can slot in there somewhere as I am not GM on that one!

Persistent World is something that was coined for a pbp run I participated in a looooong time ago...in this case it basically means that all the 2075 IC threads are considered to be happening in the same game world, NPCs will be shared and crop up in multiple threads and actions from one IC thread might impact on others. Basically not something that you need to worry about too much biggrin.gif

Without wishing to sound like a shameless plug you may find my (and my collaborators) excel char generator useful as it lists a lot of rules for stuff without needing to trawl through a load of sourcebooks! <<CG 5.15>>

Very much so.

I was supposed to be off this weekend, but now I am working straight through. I will downloaded a copy of your google-doc and hopefully tonight I can use it at work and start on my characters. I have no internet access there, because I work with a bunch of delinquents who don't know how to use the work computer professionally and their smart phones for donkey shows.

Is there any preference to which character I get done first?
Aria
Whichever you want to play first smile.gif

If you sign up to Obsidian Portal and let me know your user name I can invite you to the campaign pages!
Bastard
I am a bastard at Obsidian Portal as well.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (adamu @ Sep 21 2016, 07:33 PM) *
I see that we have the rest of the group (????? at least DES and Rocky - can I just get confirmation whether Rave and Mr. J also go with them in the RV?).

So do you guys have more prep work/legwork you want to do, or are you happy for me to accelerate through this waiting stuff?

I'm happy to jump through stuff. I thought the RV was full. I've been imagining I'm still at the safe house and we'll quickly muster once things get going. Maybe that's not right, though.
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Sep 24 2016, 10:12 AM) *
I'm happy to jump through stuff. I thought the RV was full. I've been imagining I'm still at the safe house and we'll quickly muster once things get going. Maybe that's not right, though.

The RV's an RV - plenty of room - and only four of you total anyway.

No right or wrong, Mr. J - be with Rocky and DES (and Rave???????) in the RV, or be back at the safehouse with D-Pop and Bronwyn (who will not be leaving to join the action).
adamu
QUOTE (Mercy @ Sep 23 2016, 05:31 AM) *
Tanya attacks the man throwing up. His back is to her so she might have an advantage: Whip Attack: 18d6t5 8 8 hits but accuracy is 6. DV 12 + net hits AP-8.

During the next IP Tanya will throw herself on the floor next to a cupboard, soaking her clothes in blood and vomit and changing. Ando is a possible liability and she needs to ditch the man's face. Not much will change in a combat round, but she reasons that the thugs might not be able to readily identify her all covered in blood anyway. Her intent is to draw one or more of the four to her and hopefully divert their attention by mumbling a few words about two witches attacking everyone here. Apparently there is some history with witches and these guys. She expects (hopes) that one of the four will be left behind to see to her and that she can take care of him.

On your first IP you successfully slaughter the puking guy.
You hear the translation of the Japanese you already guessed - It's Ando. Shit. Quick - get to the kitchen. It's Ando.
And you hear more fast, almost panicked Japanese from the same voice.

Before your second IP you've got four guys coming at you.
Running through the butlery comes, single file, a young thug with an Uzi, which he fires at you, and a guy in a suit, behind the young guy and obviously using the idiot for cover.
Running through the family room comes another young guy, unloading a sawed-off shotgun as fast as he can pull the trigger. And another suit, also hiding behind the young guy.

Your defense against the Uzi will be at minus 2 dice. Three successes and you're golden, otherwise you'll need a soak - you'll get to add your full armor value.
Your defense against the shotgun will be at minus 9 dice - dammit, never mind, the idiot somehow managed to miss you completely.

It'll be your turn after that - not sure if you'll still want to do the roll-in-the-gore move...up to you.
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 23 2016, 12:50 PM) *
Trid Phantasm is an AOE spell so I take it that she essentially has control of whatever anyone sees in a 6m radius (provided she has LOS to that point, and they don't resist the spell)...that's a pretty huge area!

Looking at the map she should be able to briefly position ninja directly between the two groups of shooters for a second, he'll have to vault over them I guess to lead them away from Spriggan... IC coming up, bit vague on timings exactly so I leave that to you smile.gif

Oh, and do you want me to roll for her spirit companion or will you handle those rolls? Happy either way...

Yeah, you can control what is presented to be seen (a bit of a distinction from whatever anyone sees) within the AOE contingent on LOS. And, as I've pointed out, that can include yourself provided you have a way to be fully within your own LOS - which is possible in the wardrobe because of the mirrors.

I checked back and see that you have one service on a F5 air spirit. Having it go after all these guys is clearly okay, since the rules specify that having it 'do the fight' with you is a legal command. And it will be able to range around the house doing so.
I don't think you specified what its one Optional Power would be - now would be a good time to do that.

Absolutely run it/roll for it yourself. Just treat it as a second character under your control. It can start acting in the same IP you commanded it.
Mercy
Tanya dodges the Uzi fire: Dodge: 11d6t5 3 3 hits is just enough, whew.

No, I think the rolling in blood and puke is not an option at this point. The guys moved quicker than I had thought they would and there is no time to set that part of the plan up. Improvising is the word at this point. Taking on four guys at once is a bit tough, but we might be able to do it.

It would appear that the shotgun guy might be the less dangerous man, but he is using the more dangerous weapon and he and his superior are a bit closer, from what I can tell. I will go for them first and try to put the Uzi guy in a quandary about firing and hitting one of his bosses. The shotgun guy seems a bit unsure of himself so perhaps not really ready as he is trying to work the shotgun. Hmm, you indicated that the suited guy is right behind the shotgun guy, so is it possible to wrap the whip about both of them since it has reach? I will let you decide. In any case I am going to swing for the suit behind shotgun guy. He will not be expecting that and might have less ability to dodge. Maybe. I hope.

Whip Attack: Whip Attack + Edge: 27d6t5 11 I pre-edged this attack so all 11 hits count, which is a pretty good roll. Let's see what happens. DV is 12 + Net Hits at AP-8. With luck this is a lot of damage and might cut through the back guy and into the lead one.
Mercy
With the guy killed in the shootout with the ninja, we are at 6 Yaks dead and 2 unconscious. Pretty impressive and the dance is not over yet. I count 4 more in the kitchen and three with the illusion, which makes fifteen gunmen. There might not be too many more..........................
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012