Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
RdMarquis
@TLG I'd like to see how eTher responds to that question, before deciding if LeFey has any more for him.

That said, we might want to ask, "What can we expect to run up against?"
adamu
@TLG - in line with what everyone has said over the last few OOC posts, with regard to the IC questions, I say we let LeFey take the lead with eTher and see where that goes in terms of mission parameters, and keep the more prying questions for the next meet with Silk.

But basically, I am ready for GM to post the conversation with eTher forward at any time. Then RD can always ask follow-up questions.

Al, of course, will be asking no questions at all at this stage!
adamu
@Tribes - okay, moved things as planned back to the regroup at the compound that you wanted.

From here you can:

(A) RP anything you care to, either while driving or back at the ranch. This can also incorporate any prep or legwork you think is too important to handwave.

AND/OR

(B) at any point the team decides, we can move straight to a new scene (the school?).

To that, though, I need some clear declations from you guys:

* Let me know any new gear or preparations (have noted in earlier posts that you can get most basic gear for free from the Mechanicals)

* Basically how you get there (if you don't have your own transport, let me know - again, the Mechanicals have lots of wheels)

* Exactly where/what sort of spot you want your jumping off point to be once you arrive in the vicinity of the school.

* Most important - WHO is going? At this point I am thinking Silkie, Maus, and Gunner.
Pendulum???
Is one of Souffle Girl's characters joining?

We can proceed slow with lots of RP, or get straight to the "action." I don't care - whichever is most fun for the players.
8-bit
@TLG

I think a few questions with eTher is a good idea; LeFey seems to have taken point. I think Phantom will sit back and wait for eTher's answer to her question before launching any of his own.

@Tribes

I'll make a quick run to my abode in the complex to pick up my Rating 6 Medkit to take with us. Can't have too many of those. I'll ask the Mechanicals if we can have a spare Gas Mask, some Rating 3 Stim Patches, and possibly a Trauma Patch if I can get it. I think that's about all we will need to take care of Steamer once we get to him.

I don't have any wheels (I think I walked to the Crime Mall), so definitely going to need a drive.

You said you noted the questions for Nana, are we RPing that out, or is she just going to spill the beans once we get back? Regardless of her answers, I vote we don't get dropped off right in front of the school. Since, you know, it would be kind of obvious. Maybe a block or two away (if we can even use that measurement)?

I was also thinking just Silkie, Maus, and Gunner. If one of souffle_girl's characters wants to join us, that's fine by me, although some roleplaying with her joining would be useful.
Aria
QUOTE (8-bit @ Nov 11 2014, 05:07 AM) *
@TLG

I think a few questions with eTher is a good idea; LeFey seems to have taken point. I think Phantom will sit back and wait for eTher's answer to her question before launching any of his own.

Ok, there's still room for interrogating eTher if you want. And I'm sorry I didn't allow you to pick the location of the meet with Silk...given the events in Game Face she has to be cautious wink.gif

So, you can ask questions OoC or IC again and see if I can't divulge more info. I will also try and find some spare time to locate the facility on Google Maps so that we can all be working to the same picture of it, more or less...
8-bit
@Tribes

If I were to message someone to request those supplies (Stim Patches, Gas Mask, Trauma Patch), who would I message? Just asking so that my IC post can include a message requesting those supplies for our trip.
Aria
QUOTE (8-bit @ Nov 12 2014, 01:54 AM) *
@Tribes

If I were to message someone to request those supplies (Stim Patches, Gas Mask, Trauma Patch), who would I message? Just asking so that my IC post can include a message requesting those supplies for our trip.

Not sure there's an established NPC for gear acquisition yet... 'Bit' (female dwarf) would do...? Or find the suggested Mechanicals names list and pick one, or make one up!
8-bit
@Tribes

I just made up a new character. Her name is Jess, and she's a female Ork who is in charge of inventory. I left it up to adamu to have her personality, I hope you don't mind.
adamu
@Tribes @8-bit

Jess - totally cool. The whole Tribes thing is sort of a mini-campaign setting work-in progress (though Aria and Machine Ghost if he reappears know a LOT more about what is already established than I do!).

We'll work her in as we go along.

Next thing is the deeper interrogation of Nana for target intel.

I originally said I would have her answer the list of questions provided OOC, because that would be faster.

And I still will not let this interrogation meaningfully delay the big jump-off.

That said, 8-bit, this thread tends to have a very slow average post turnaround, whereas I notice that you and I are on this board virtually every day at about the same time.

So if you would like to RP the interrogation over just a few RL days, in briefer, more natural posts, that would be fine (and of course other players 500% welcome to post-in). I would basically apply the impact of Silkie's previous magic interrogation, but even so, because Nana is an interesting individual, IC would be better and more fun in some ways.

Up to you, though.
I am still perfectly happy to do just one big IC post with her answers.
8-bit
QUOTE (adamu @ Nov 12 2014, 02:18 PM) *
@Tribes @8-bit

Jess - totally cool. The whole Tribes thing is sort of a mini-campaign setting work-in progress (though Aria and Machine Ghost if he reappears know a LOT more about what is already established than I do!).

We'll work her in as we go along.

Next thing is the deeper interrogation of Nana for target intel.

I originally said I would have her answer the list of questions provided OOC, because that would be faster.

And I still will not let this interrogation meaningfully delay the big jump-off.

That said, 8-bit, this thread tends to have a very slow average post turnaround, whereas I notice that you and I are on this board virtually every day at about the same time.

So if you would like to RP the interrogation over just a few RL days, in briefer, more natural posts, that would be fine (and of course other players 500% welcome to post-in). I would basically apply the impact of Silkie's previous magic interrogation, but even so, because Nana is an interesting individual, IC would be better and more fun in some ways.

Up to you, though.
I am still perfectly happy to do just one big IC post with her answers.

Sorry for the late reply, had to do something for a few hours.

I would be fine doing some sort of interrogation thing IC as small back and forth posts. I'll likely come up with something like "You've had a talk with my associate here, and you have something we want. Answer some of my questions, and I'll put in a word to make your stay here pleasant. After we get our friend back, you can have your paper. Got it?"

Something like that. I don't know if you want rollplay or roleplay, either is fine by me (I can't intimidate to save my life, but I figure Silkie was imposing enough that it would work).
adamu
Role vs. roll.

My two cents, SR is a balance of both.

But Silkie has done about as much as can be done with the roll, and Nana will be more talkative than I ever thought she'd be.

Now we do the role, though I will probably wrap it up once I have clear OOC confirmations of readiness from the 2? 3? other players that they have made their prep and are ready to go.

And of course, again, anyone can join in this scene anytime (I am going to post them present in the scene, just to that anyone can chime in whenever).
8-bit
@Tribes

All right, first post up. Hopefully that will do to kick off the interrogation/conversation.
8-bit
@TLG

I assumed Phantom and Al were getting to know each other before anyone else had come. I figured Silk probably had some preliminary greeting, but didn't get into the speech until everyone arrived. Hopefully, no one minds the slight disorder between in-game time and posting sequence.
8-bit
@Tribes

Oh my. Gunner is confused, and rightly so. He has no idea what she just said.

Just as a note OOC - the number 7 is fairly conspicuous, not that Gunner would know.

@Aria

I suppose this has to be some extension of trust. I hate it when the "bad guys" (if we can call Nana that) are right. The question is, do we risk letting her get a call out? And can we trust her if we do end up having to take her along to not arouse suspicion? I'm not even sure if Gunner or Silkie has the authority to make that judgment, we might have to tell Oyl and explain the situation, assuming we decide to trust her. She definitely is not sending out poor, pregnant woman vibes to Gunner anymore ...
Aria
Poor, pregnant, racist as all hell vibes...we might need to relieve her of the child for its own good (although I'm not sure I want to go there from an RP perspective as it has all sorts of real world dark connotations...?!?)

So far we have
  • So Steamer is some kind of sperm donor in a 'make a magician' scheme
  • The implications are that once that's done he is expendable due to being 'not of the right sort'
  • He has until 7am?!? Not sure what 'by the old reckoning' means, we should assume getting there sooner rather than later just in case, I guess it might be 7am on some other time zone? GMT?

Now I'm not particularly keen on Nana 'giving them a call' because they clearly have some inner language thing going on and we may not understand what she says to them. There's only so far that Silkie's talent will go. So they will know 'something is up' and perhaps be expecting trouble but I don't think we are ninja types anyway so we'll be alerting them fairly soon to our activities when we turn up. Speed is probably our best bet. I don't know if Maus can do some astral scouting for us to try and locate Steamer, or we may need some kind of microdrone surveillance...

From an RP perspective I suspect any decisions are up to us, at least to resolve OoC. I'm happy to post as Mechanicals boss if we want someone to ratify the decision IC for verisimilitude!
Aria
@TLG: we'll see if anyone else wants to pipe up, otherwise shall we go for a list of OoC questions for Silk again?

You can also begin some OoC planning for the insertion (and I dare say this will throw up more questions).

The target is the Intel Building (currently) check out the 2075 master map here

Adamu: while I think about it can you remind me of the school address and I will add it to the map!
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 14 2014, 05:39 PM) *
Adamu: while I think about it can you remind me of the school address and I will add it to the map!

640 Railroad Ave.
Wilkeson WA
8-bit
@TLG

Can't access the map yet, I sent a request.
adamu
QUOTE (8-bit @ Nov 15 2014, 05:46 AM) *
@TLG

Can't access the map yet, I sent a request.

ditto
Aria
Bugger! Was created before Google maps changed, will have to see what I can do!

EDIT: Please try the link again, hope it works now (pilot error nyahnyah.gif)
mister__joshua
Sorry for my infrequency recently. I'll be trying to catch up with TLG this week, and then coming up with a suitable in-game reason for Jan being late nyahnyah.gif
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Nov 17 2014, 03:31 PM) *
Sorry for my infrequency recently. I'll be trying to catch up with TLG this week, and then coming up with a suitable in-game reason for Jan being late nyahnyah.gif

As mentioned in the IC a hacker called Gossamer will offer you a secure link to the conversation happening at the Crime Mall...and it's the Crime Mall, there are plenty of things that could have delayed you!
Aria
So, OoC, what questions do you want to ask Silk? I will try and get an aerial shot of your target uploaded tomorrow...but the 2075 map does place it for you
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 19 2014, 09:35 PM) *
So, OoC, what questions do you want to ask Silk? I will try and get an aerial shot of your target uploaded tomorrow...but the 2075 map does place it for you

Yeah, most of the last big question post has been answered now.

And since you say a more detailed layout of the place is forthcoming, can I just confirm it will include the access codes and guard schedules eTher promised?

Not necessarily for Silk, but can we tell (is it public information) what the big blank-white structure is directly to the west of the target is?

IC-wise,
IF she does not elaborate on Sybil, or only refers to it enigmatically, or like we are supposed to already know what it is, and
IF no one else asks about it first (kudos if they do!), and
IF at the end of the meet she asks something like, "Any final questions…" before getting to what in Al's mind is the 'good stuff,' then he won't be shy - he'll blurt out, "Yeah, what the hell's a Sybil?"
8-bit
@TLG

Go figure, I write an IC and adamu has the same questions OOC. Sorry about that. Edited my IC post, as the blueprint/access code question can wait a bit.
Aria
@LTG:

Map Image <<here>>

Hope it works nyahnyah.gif

This will also give a taster of the Obsidian Portal campaign page - I was going to wait until it was a bit more developed before letting people in on it but as you need access to the 'map'...
mister__joshua
Comes up as Private.

Also, did we get cash/karma at the end of LG that I missed?

edit: And I'm in biggrin.gif
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Nov 20 2014, 03:13 PM) *
Comes up as Private.

Also, did we get cash/karma at the end of LG that I missed?

edit: And I'm in biggrin.gif
Ah ok,

Jayde, can you do something with permissions so that people can view the map?

Yes, there will be a karma / cash award at the end of LG, I will do a formal post but in the meantime post count:

adamu 50
Aria 34
justkelly 24
Always Overkill 23
RdMarquis 17
RHat 16
mister__joshua 16
Ericen 12
Vegas 10
The Sarge 2

So that's 8 karma for you biggrin.gif
8-bit
Adamu had 50 posts? Damn. Al is gonna have a lot of Karma to use smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (8-bit @ Nov 20 2014, 08:44 PM) *
Adamu had 50 posts? Damn. Al is gonna have a lot of Karma to use smile.gif

Especially when you add up all the other games he's posting in biggrin.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 20 2014, 10:23 PM) *
Especially when you add up all the other games he's posting in biggrin.gif

Living the dream, chasing the vision.
mister__joshua
I enjoyed that brief exchange Adamu wink.gif
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Nov 20 2014, 03:13 PM) *
Comes up as Private.

Hopefully the 'map' is now viewable by all...?

TLG Map Image <<here>>
mister__joshua
I can see it now. More a photo than a map biggrin.gif
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Nov 21 2014, 02:56 PM) *
I enjoyed that brief exchange Adamu wink.gif

Yeah, great stuff!

I'd drag it out a while longer, except we're in the middle of the meet with the Johnson!

Maybe later.

And great entrance, by the way - never seen that before!
Jayde Moon
Took a minor liberty with your character, mister__joshua, for the contact, instead of drawing it out. Hope it's fine. I left the details of any healing to you, deepening on how badly wounded, etc. Didn't figure this needed an actual dice roll and all that.
mister__joshua
That's fine by me. Jan has quite a lot of 'ware though. Does that still affect healing magic in 5th?
Aria
@TLG: now that Jan has stopped bleeding all over the floor have you got any more OoC questions for Silk? biggrin.gif I'm happy to bump you along IC to a position outside the facility somewhere and we can 'make up the plan as we go' assuming you've done some pre-planning?!?
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 24 2014, 01:11 PM) *
@TLG: now that Jan has stopped bleeding all over the floor have you got any more OoC questions for Silk? biggrin.gif I'm happy to bump you along IC to a position outside the facility somewhere and we can 'make up the plan as we go' assuming you've done some pre-planning?!?

What did I miss? nyahnyah.gif
8-bit
I'm just popping in to say that I'll be away for a few days. I'm going to be traveling for Thanksgiving, with limited access to the internet. I might be able to post, but maybe not. So, if it seems like I suddenly disappeared, this is why.

I'll still try to keep track and check in, just might not be able to post and participate for a few days.
Aria
@8-Bit: no worries, thanks for letting us know!
Jayde Moon
Healing for those with essence loss is:

-1 for each two full points of essence loss to dice tests to naturally healing (the Body*2 test)

And -1 on healing tests for spells for every point of essence lost (I guess rounded up?).

So at Magic 6 Spellcasting 6, that's 12 dice - whatever essence loss. I imagine that heavily cybered, we're looking at -6 to the dice pool. So 6 dice pool is 2 average net hits, or 1 if buying hits, etc.
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 24 2014, 01:11 PM) *

Just all the stuff from post 1624, and the IC answer to Phamtom's question on Sybill.

With that, I think we can rough something very tentative out OOC in just a few post cycles - enough to have the basics you need to thrust us into the inevitable mealstrom!
RdMarquis
I really wish I'd been able to get that post up sooner. I've been sick for the past week or so. As for questions, there will probably be a couple more, but I'd rather have an answer to the one on Sybil, first.
adamu
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Nov 25 2014, 11:05 AM) *
I really wish I'd been able to get that post up sooner. I've been sick for the past week or so. As for questions, there will probably be a couple more, but I'd rather have an answer to the one on Sybil, first.

Yikes! Feel better!
mister__joshua
QUOTE (adamu @ Nov 21 2014, 07:01 PM) *
And great entrance, by the way - never seen that before!

Thanks! I needed a reason to be late, and Jan seems like just the sort to string jobs together with zero downtime nyahnyah.gif

QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Nov 25 2014, 11:05 AM) *

Jan's being a little obstructive about what's happened maybe, but that's just cos I hadn't decided yet. I was going to leave it a mystery, though if pushed I could come up with something.
Aria
An answer of sorts is up. Can you all let me know how many of you have read Stolen Souls? Just before I make rash promises about Silk getting you a copy of a Jackpoint thread smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Nov 25 2014, 12:31 AM) *
"We are forty-six. Soon forty-seven," she added, caressing her stomach. "We will lack but twain for expotency." She paused, but the looks from her captors told her they were not satisfied. "Our home is our protection, but watchmen will be on the roof. Of the main building. Your friend will be in the main building. Until morning."

Tears started to run down her face. "They will not come for me. Though he is a sixth. This place is too far, and they don't know it. But your friend will die. It is essential, more essential than any or all of their lives. Mourn him, but do not throw yourselves against the inevitable. Vee is a seventh, and wise. Guns and mana will await any who interfere. I would not like to see you hurt. Can I…can I ask your lineage?"
Ah frag! That's all I've got to say spin.gif
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Aria @ Nov 25 2014, 01:17 PM) *
An answer of sorts is up. Can you all let me know how many of you have read Stolen Souls? Just before I make rash promises about Silk getting you a copy of a Jackpoint thread smile.gif

I haven't read Stolen Souls, and aren't likely to, so I was hoping to get the whole 5e Story Arc from this game biggrin.gif
adamu
Me either - I was out of the game for a few years, and missed that.

Thought of buying it, but y'know, Al would never read such a thing anyway.

Virus that gets in you, messes with your personality, unknown vector - check, check, and check.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012