Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
Aria
I've been thinking about an upcoming recruitment drive and it occurred to me it might be interesting to try and take the 2075 world 'cross forum' and start a thread on ShadowGrid (Shadowrun4 as was)...I'd run a stand alone run there with the same awards system as here and say that any karma etc would be cumulative across both forums. Anyone have any comments/objections etc? You'd obviously be welcome to come and join the action there too. Was thinking of doing another mid run start like LG, but a damn sight less convoluted!
JxJxA
I'd be interested in getting involved in another 'running game again. I like CoP, but sometimes I'm at a loss of what to post or do. x_x

If you guys would like, I can take a look at the thread and try to do something to advance the story. ^_^
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Aug 16 2014, 10:09 AM) *
I'd be interested in getting involved in another 'running game again. I like CoP, but sometimes I'm at a loss of what to post or do. x_x

If you guys would like, I can take a look at the thread and try to do something to advance the story. ^_^

I will let you know as soon as I get a run recruitment going on ShadowGrid. There's also room in Looking Glass as we seem to have lost the majority of players there...another Gemeaux clone perhaps?

I think the problem with CoP is lots of dialogue coupled with a slow post rate - I find I've lost the thread of the conversation too quickly. Running it like the general IC where you respond to your own dialogue is probably the way to go, it becomes a bit of a creative writing exercise rather than RP in the strictest sense of the word but might keep it all going. Let me know what you think...?
JxJxA
I'd be interested in joining Looking Glass...any role in particular that the group needs? I'd like to get Gemeaux back into a run, but that might be too difficult with him in CoP. I do have an idea for an Aztlaner, Mexico Trilogy-inspired assassin... ^_^
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Aug 19 2014, 03:31 AM) *
I'd be interested in joining Looking Glass...any role in particular that the group needs? I'd like to get Gemeaux back into a run, but that might be too difficult with him in CoP. I do have an idea for an Aztlaner, Mexico Trilogy-inspired assassin... ^_^

It would mean a bit of a time warp to get Gemeaux involved now. The group could do with some magical support or another combat type never goes amiss...
Aria
I've updated the opening post with links to the master recruitment / OoC on ShadowGrid. Down at the bottom there is a link to a 'cast of shadows' spreadsheet which pulls together and adds to some of the info that adamu and others gathered from your character sheets - please could someone jump on it and see if I've set it up correctly so that anyone can edit it? I'll keep an offline copy too...
JxJxA
Hm, I'll try to figure out a magic user. If that doesn't work, I'll try another shooty-fighty guy.

I tried accessing the ShadowGrid link and the spreadsheet and couldn't open either link. frown.gif
Aria
Bugger! Anyone else able to get the links to work? I'll check it out myself later...
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 19 2014, 05:47 PM) *
Bugger! Anyone else able to get the links to work? I'll check it out myself later...

Sorry - ShadowGrid just got me a blank screen.

The OOC link below that took me to the same exact post I started on.

For the Cast of Shadows it was "can't find the server."
RdMarquis
I'm not getting anything with the link, either.
Aria
Try the links again now...should be working!
JxJxA
The spreadsheet works for me, but not Shadowgrid. However, I am in Japan, and it could be that my ISP is just hating on that website. nyahnyah.gif
Aria
Hmmm... try going to http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php and then looking in the Play-by-post section for 2075...?
JxJxA
Perfect, that link works. ^_^
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Aug 21 2014, 12:31 AM) *
Perfect, that link works. ^_^

Ok! Not sure what was wrong with the other one nyahnyah.gif

I've had some minor interest in the SG forum so if either of you wanted to (and can?) join us there I will set the Circus Tricks thread sufficiently far into the future that Gemaux or Al could be in on the action...and don't worry about paradox, even if your characters were to meet their unfortunate ends in LG or CoP (doubtful but possible) there are plenty of SR explanations for why you might still be kicking around later...shedim anyone? ork.gif
JxJxA
Awesome! I'll start converting Gemeaux into SR5! Should I just make him fresh, free of the karma from before, or should I use the karma from past missions? I don't want to be a cheeseball, especially if there are people just starting out... ;-p
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Aug 21 2014, 09:53 AM) *
Awesome! I'll start converting Gemeaux into SR5! Should I just make him fresh, free of the karma from before, or should I use the karma from past missions? I don't want to be a cheeseball, especially if there are people just starting out... ;-p

Cheese away! I'd start him from scratch and add whatever karma you've earnt so far. There might be the odd thing from SR4 that doesn't have a 5 equivalent yet so play that by ear, probably easiest to find something more or less the same and go with that...

I have no problem mixing karma'd and non-karma'd characters together, the differences aren't vast to my mind as starting characters can hold their own. I will tailor the foe to suit the group playing ork.gif
JxJxA
Eeeexcellent! I am sad that iaijutsu no longer lets me quick-draw a sniper rifle, but it looks like they don't all have the edge test problem for shooting in regular combat. I'll see what I can do to make him SR5 legal. biggrin.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 21 2014, 09:08 AM) *
Ok! Not sure what was wrong with the other one nyahnyah.gif

I've had some minor interest in the SG forum so if either of you wanted to (and can?) join us there I will set the Circus Tricks thread sufficiently far into the future that Gemaux or Al could be in on the action...and don't worry about paradox, even if your characters were to meet their unfortunate ends in LG or CoP (doubtful but possible) there are plenty of SR explanations for why you might still be kicking around later...shedim anyone? ork.gif

I was reluctant to venture onto another board - I had enough trouble figuring out how to use this one.
But this Circus thing is quite tempting for Al.

Death aside, there are other potential paradoxes. But if you are happy to be flexible about such things, I would be happy to have a "future Al" earn karma. Especially since I have a very clear idea of where he will be at that point in terms of character development on a role-playing sense.

Though I think just for my sanity I would choose to use the DS interactive timeline (so right now that's LG) as the "prime" timeline, the "present" if you will.

Does that sound okay?
Aria
Sounds good! Would early September be ok for CT? Should be plenty of time to heal up etc...

Also considering having CT interact with Tribes on the way out of Puyallup but I'll just gloss over events with Frizzen, Steamer et al. unless that's already resolved by then smile.gif

I don't think ShadowGrid is functionally very different from DS so don't think you will have any issues using it!
Aria
@LGers

What are your thoughts about cracking on now or would you rather wait and see if JxJxA can jump in (or anyone else interested)? You've lost some of your primary combatants and whilst I could in theory divert some of the foe to another task (hunting Overdrive perhaps?) it seems a little lopsided to have the full team charge Al and Jan...

Thoughts?
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 22 2014, 12:53 PM) *
Sounds good! Would early September be ok for CT? Should be plenty of time to heal up etc…

If you're asking, late September or early October would be better for me (big plans for the General IC once LG wraps). But I won't make trouble….

Also considering having CT interact with Tribes on the way out of Puyallup but I'll just gloss over events with Frizzen, Steamer et al. unless that's already resolved by then smile.gif

With no one posting, not much likely to be resolved anytime soon.

I don't think ShadowGrid is functionally very different from DS so don't think you will have any issues using it!

Don't underestimate my issues with computers. But will give it a shot!
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 22 2014, 01:18 PM) *
@LGers

What are your thoughts about cracking on now or would you rather wait and see if JxJxA can jump in (or anyone else interested)? You've lost some of your primary combatants and whilst I could in theory divert some of the foe to another task (hunting Overdrive perhaps?) it seems a little lopsided to have the full team charge Al and Jan...

Thoughts?

Well, in theory it might be Al and Jan against whatever is left of their first wave, since the security guys are supposed to ambush the follow-ons.
But then that is based on a lot of uninformed assumptions…(Al is good at those).

Another thing you might do is, if you have written off some of the others, you could throw them at the ba guys (maybe in another section of the place), evening out the opposition without artificially introducing new elements.

But those are just ideas - I am having terrific fun with this story, and will be along for the ride whatever you decide.

And Al, he can take care of himself.
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 22 2014, 03:53 AM) *
Sounds good! Would early September be ok for CT? Should be plenty of time to heal up etc...

September is good for me. Gives me a chance to get settled back in at school.

QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 22 2014, 04:18 AM) *
@LGers

I can wait while you figure out how the story should progress. As adamu said, having our absent party members keep the enemies at bay is an option.
adamu
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Aug 24 2014, 03:24 AM) *
September is good for me. Gives me a chance to get settled back in at school.

Oh! I thought the September question was about game-date! Al needs two or three weeks to get some personal things wrapped between the runs.

If we are talking RL date, then sooner the better!
(Good time for a quick reminder I will be 90-100% off the boards from 27 Aug to 6 Sep.)
adamu
@Tribes:

Pedulum's question is directed at Maus, so I will let Vegas respond.

But to clarify, and sorry I am too computer-helpless to provide a map:

The basic layout that matters right now is a T-formation.

You came up and fought in the trunk of the T.

The intersection at the top is where there is an open area with a few stalls (that's where Tommy got shot at by the pregnant lady, but he has since disappeared).

You guys ducked into the left branch of the T-top to avoid the passing gangers. The woman went down the right branch of the T-top, where she was picked up by the gangers, who kept going with her in that direction (so the gangers split into two groups - one group went after you guys, and Frizzen ducked them, the other group took her).

So the spirit, the woman, and some gangers are all headed away from you down the right branch of the T-top (you just have to go straight from where you are).
They are not moving very fast, and are only about 100 meters away (down a dim, very cluttered passage with a fair amount of traffic, i.e. you cannot see them).

Hope that clarifies things - let me know if you have any questions.
JxJxA
I'm probably going to need a little more time to crunch out a character, so feel free to move the LG story along. ^_^
justkelly
I'm really sorry for disappearing on everyone and the games. I got back from Origins ready to catch up on those few days, and life ... well I'm not going into it, but life got in the way. I'm back if people will let me continue my characters in the games - I have lots of reading to for all the games to figure out where I can be useful.

I'll comment specifics in each game thread as necessary, but again, sorry I went missing.

Kelly
RdMarquis
I know the feeling. Life related interruptions occur annoyingly often on my end. Don't worry about it. We're still figuring out where to go next with this game.
Aria
Absolutely, not to worry, I expected things to be quiet over the summer and that things will pick up again as crap weather drives us all back indoors biggrin.gif

@LG: I will write a brief IC now but don't worry about giving a fast response, feel free to catch up and remember where everyone is / what's going on...hopefully by the time we are back to speed JxJxA will have another combatant to help you out - you might need one!
adamu
QUOTE (justkelly @ Aug 26 2014, 01:47 AM) *
I'm really sorry for disappearing on everyone and the games. I got back from Origins ready to catch up on those few days, and life ... well I'm not going into it, but life got in the way. I'm back if people will let me continue my characters in the games - I have lots of reading to for all the games to figure out where I can be useful.

I'll comment specifics in each game thread as necessary, but again, sorry I went missing.

Kelly

Happy happy.
Welcome back!
adamu
@Aria/LG:

Are they all wearing the chemsuits, or just the first two?

Including the first two, how many total come into the hall?

Is anyone recognizable as our extraction target?

Anyone that looks like a magician?

Can we see the spirit?

How long is the hall? (i.e., distance from where they come in to where Al has set himself up?)

Does anyone appear to have notice Al in his new firing position?

And yeah, I know I've said it before, but on full defense from now until…well… for a while it seems!
Aria
QUOTE (adamu @ Aug 26 2014, 06:31 PM) *
@Aria/LG:

Are they all wearing the chemsuits, or just the first two? All...as if they were expecting something nasty... ork.gif

Including the first two, how many total come into the hall? 4 total visible beyond the smoke, oh, and the spirit

Is anyone recognizable as our extraction target? Under that getup you'd be hard pushed to identify metatype, gender etc...except for a troll obviously and you downed him outside!

Anyone that looks like a magician? What does one of those look like? biggrin.gif

Can we see the spirit? The smoke is swirling unnaturally and there is a vague impression of glowing eyes

How long is the hall? (i.e., distance from where they come in to where Al has set himself up?) Hall is probably around 50m long in total and Al is around 2/3rds of the way down...I'm assuming you've chosen a door to a hallway rather than a dead end room (?)

Does anyone appear to have notice Al in his new firing position? They will do, but I'm allowing you all to act in response to their invasion first...aren't I nice? ork.gif

And yeah, I know I've said it before, but on full defense from now until…well… for a while it seems! Oh yes!

justkelly
@ LG - posted in the recruitment thread first, so sorry for the double posting of those that read both

QUOTE (justkelly @ Aug 29 2014, 04:11 AM) *
Okay Nikki is back and I hope her post will help get her back into the action, as well acquire additional information.

I read through the IC I missed, but I'm a bit lost on the other character placements. Perhaps in IC characters can give Nikki a quick update.

If the IC is totally out of sync, then ignore and tell me where I should go to jump the time space continuum. wink.gif

Aria
Don't worry, I've sort of lost track myself apart from Al and Jan in the oval hall and LeFey still in the ducts nyahnyah.gif

I think you've more or less got it though
adamu
@Aria/LG
Thanks for the info dump.

Given the range, Al will switch from shotgun to rifle.

Yes, hallway beats room! Will stay as hidden as possible until they are lined up the way I want them vis a vis Jan`s position, then from partial cover will start shooting, prioritizing larger targets.

If the spirit comes at me it will be empty hands.
mister__joshua
Hey guys. Just a quick nod to say I'm back.

Jan is a beast and will single-handedly take on the whole invasion force if necessary... honest! In his own head at least nyahnyah.gif

@JxJxA and Aria: With regards CoP, as I suggested when we switched over to 2075 I'd be all up for running it as a more traditional 'runner game. For me CoP is about attitude and character rather than the money itself. I'm not opposed to catastrophic events, bankruptcy, anything that forces us onto the streets. Maybe even just the threat of such things. Gemeaux and Awesome would make quite a nice intrusion team. Behind his cocky 'front' Awesome is a really great face.
Vegas
Since Tribes was hung up on me, I made that a priority to move forward with the limited time I have right now. Still will try to get a post up in a Looking Glass as soon as I can.
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Sep 2 2014, 10:51 AM) *
@JxJxA and Aria: With regards CoP, as I suggested when we switched over to 2075 I'd be all up for running it as a more traditional 'runner game. For me CoP is about attitude and character rather than the money itself. I'm not opposed to catastrophic events, bankruptcy, anything that forces us onto the streets. Maybe even just the threat of such things. Gemeaux and Awesome would make quite a nice intrusion team. Behind his cocky 'front' Awesome is a really great face.

I've had some serious interest in a 'high life' campaign over on ShadowGrid and CoP might be a good candidate to base that on if you wanted to have a more run orientated game (probably a good idea to focus on action over talking in pbp - I would like it to be otherwise but evidence suggests that talking is just too slooooow). Would you be willing to come over to ShadowGrid to keep it separate from the CoP thread that is already here, as a fresh slate kind of thing???

QUOTE (Vegas @ Sep 2 2014, 11:07 PM) *
Since Tribes was hung up on me, I made that a priority to move forward with the limited time I have right now. Still will try to get a post up in a Looking Glass as soon as I can.

Welcome back, even if only temporarily! Thanks for posting, hopefully adamu can take it from there smile.gif
mister__joshua
I have no problem with ShadowGrid, but I will forget about it I'm sure smile.gif

Where are we with LG? Is it on me to act or am I still waiting for the situation to develop?
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Sep 3 2014, 02:10 PM) *
I have no problem with ShadowGrid, but I will forget about it I'm sure smile.gif

Where are we with LG? Is it on me to act or am I still waiting for the situation to develop?

The foe have burst in and Al is waiting for them to get into the room so that you can crossfire them / or you can attack from behind them if they are careless enough to leave your room 'uncleared' (they won't be...! just sayin'). You aren't in comms contact with the others though are you (?!?) so what you do is entirely up to you! If you don't post straight away I'll move them further into the complex and describe their actions some more...
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 3 2014, 05:41 PM) *
The foe have burst in and Al is waiting for them to get into the room so that you can crossfire them / or you can attack from behind them if they are careless enough to leave your room 'uncleared' (they won't be...! just sayin'). You aren't in comms contact with the others though are you (?!?) so what you do is entirely up to you! If you don't post straight away I'll move them further into the complex and describe their actions some more...

If they start to wade into the room full of "patients" Jan is hiding among, Al will start shooting then!

Last we double-checked with you on comms, the microtransceivers still worked, so although Jan has wisely been running silent, and I think he and Al are aware of what we are each doing through visual cues, I think (and do correct if I am wrong) he could reach out whenever.
adamu
@Tribes - in case it is unclear at all, they are now heading back towards you.
The Sarge
QUOTE (Aria @ Sep 3 2014, 07:41 PM) *

Monique will send her summoned spirit to engage the incoming enemies. She will wait until the spirit possess one of them and chaos ensues before leaving the safety of her room, but will first attempt to use astral perception and see if she can identify the enemy spell caster .
mister__joshua
Is that latest post in the LG thread a mistake or another new character?

edit: ah nevermind, I see their one other post was a character for LG. Welcome aboard o/
For ease of understanding, if you could include the location and timestamp (the orange bar at the top) with your posts it will help people keep track. Some people also put their character name as the first thing in each post before the stamp.

Cheers biggrin.gif
Vegas
@LJ (Mr. J) Definitely posts from new characters smile.gif At least the group now has more muscle. Perhaps a "planned" 2nd wave if the poop hit the fan? wink.gif
Aria
IC coming shortly but one's an insider, the other's a replacement for Overdrive (who should he ever return will be free to do so but I'm writing him out temporarily...)

EDIT: Ok, that should give you all something think about ork.gif

@Sarge: can we have defence rolls for Dominique and a possession roll for your spirit please?
@Vegas: I know your time is limited at the moment so I've taken Ali out of action for the moment. As soon as you are ready to post again you can come back with a slight headache but no ingame effects...hope that's ok?
RdMarquis
@LG

Seeing if LeFey can even the odds with a little hacking. If anyone is in wireless mode (running silent or otherwise), that is.

Computer (5) + Intuition (5) +2 for Hot-Sim = 12d6
12d6.hits(5) → [6,2,2,3,2,3,3,1,6,5,3,4] = (3)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4632361/

3 hits on Matrix Perception.
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Sep 6 2014, 09:01 AM) *
@LG

Seeing if LeFey can even the odds with a little hacking. If anyone is in wireless mode (running silent or otherwise), that is.

Computer (5) + Intuition (5) +2 for Hot-Sim = 12d6
12d6.hits(5) → [6,2,2,3,2,3,3,1,6,5,3,4] = (3)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4632361/

3 hits on Matrix Perception.

Ok, time to vaguely re-remember the matrix rules (it's been a while since I read them now frown.gif), so all icons in 100m automatically visible...there are a fair few, one of your matrix perception hits will tell you there are also hidden icons within 100m. I need an oppesed comp+intuition [data processing] vs. Logic+sleeze (which most of the foe won't have of course...)

Don't forget you have the laser turret at your beck and call too with a control device action...
Aria
@All: quick heads up, Circus Tricks IC has started on ShadowGrid if anyone is interested in another game...

<<IC Thread>>
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012