Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
RHat
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 3 2014, 04:34 AM) *
Ah, cool. I didn't know these characters had been a part of another game. In that case my original question is valid. How much Karma does Lany have? wink.gif

I think that's different characters, by my understanding from what Aria posted before is that you simply have one Karma/nuyen total to use across all your characters.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (RHat @ Apr 3 2014, 11:37 AM) *
I think that's different characters, by my understanding from what Aria posted before is that you simply have one Karma/nuyen total to use across all your characters.

Cool.

@Aria: Would that apply to CoP also? Awesome doesn't have much use for Karma. I also never spent any Karma in the 2074 CoP thread, or even back as Bryntyr in the End of Days(?) game. Maybe I'm owed some biggrin.gif
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 3 2014, 11:16 AM) *
Cool.

@Aria: Would that apply to CoP also? Awesome doesn't have much use for Karma. I also never spent any Karma in the 2074 CoP thread, or even back as Bryntyr in the End of Days(?) game. Maybe I'm owed some biggrin.gif

CoP yes, it's part of the 2072/75 thread. End of Days wasn't officially part of it I don't think, and I don't want to over burden you with karma to spend biggrin.gif

Somewhere there's a link to the thread count from all my games that are finished which should give you a cumulative total...try the beginning couple of posts in this thread (as I can't remember where I put it nyahnyah.gif)
Aria
QUOTE (Drace @ Apr 3 2014, 12:01 AM) *
@Lock and Load:

Haven't heard from two of the players in a little over week. Was going to wait for word back before starting the initial Ic posts, but it's been a little while and framework is done. Going to be posting the initial IC this week.

Will keep an eye out for it! Can you use the same titling format I've used for my 2075 games? Just for some consistency rather than any real need...
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Aria @ Apr 3 2014, 01:12 PM) *
CoP yes, it's part of the 2072/75 thread. End of Days wasn't officially part of it I don't think, and I don't want to over burden you with karma to spend biggrin.gif

Somewhere there's a link to the thread count from all my games that are finished which should give you a cumulative total...try the beginning couple of posts in this thread (as I can't remember where I put it nyahnyah.gif)

Cool, I have 44 posts according to that!

I won't spend it all now, but it's nice to know it's there smile.gif I'm assuming money is character-specific.
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 3 2014, 01:00 PM) *
Cool, I have 44 posts according to that!

I won't spend it all now, but it's nice to know it's there smile.gif I'm assuming money is character-specific.

I don't mind how you divvy the rewards up but keep the karma and cash together...no spending the karma on a mage and the cash on a samurai nyahnyah.gif

@CoP: IC up, sorry I was lazy and I've started a new scene rather than fathom the end of the last one, should give you something to talk about before I can get the next one up!
Drace
QUOTE (Aria @ Apr 3 2014, 07:15 AM) *
Will keep an eye out for it! Can you use the same titling format I've used for my 2075 games? Just for some consistency rather than any real need...

Will do!
Always Overkill
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 3 2014, 03:35 AM) *
I thought similarly to this, it's fun to look back before the mission and give a bit of background into the characters. Are people doing this in the Looking Glass thread or the General IC?

On Karma: How much Karma do you have? From the number of posts you mentioned you'd only be able to get Thrown Weapons 2 (4 Karma). Everything else would be over the 6 Karma earned.

I knew I was at 6.5 karma for Lany in Looking Glass, but figured before I came to a final decision I would have made the next IC post to raise it up to 7.

Plus, I might have a few spare karma I could pass to Lany from General Tresckow in Circles of Power. He is doing pretty well as it is (Very Dangerous Man...)

What is the cost of raising my Edge from 1 to 2? Is it the same as raising an attribute? (10 K)
RHat
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 3 2014, 07:03 PM) *
I knew I was at 6.5 karma for Lany in Looking Glass, but figured before I came to a final decision I would have made the next IC post to raise it up to 7.

Plus, I might have a few spare karma I could pass to Lany from General Tresckow in Circles of Power. He is doing pretty well as it is (Very Dangerous Man...)

What is the cost of raising my Edge from 1 to 2? Is it the same as raising an attribute? (10 K)

Yes - Special attributes have the same cost to raise as Physical or Mental attributes.
Always Overkill
@RHat: Thanks for the tip. Gonna ask Overdrive to find an alternate escape route for LeFey and possibly Collot if they get stuck in the vents in my next IC; perhaps allowing her/them to eventually rendezvous with the outside team.
Vegas
@LG - Well I made it back home, need a little bit of time to catch up on the IC and OOC threads. Should put down a post tomorrow I hope smile.gif
mister__joshua
It appears I have myself a 'situation'. This should be fun. I'm struggling slightly to understand my options from the description though. How big is this room? How soon will I see the person coming up the stairs/how soon will he see me? If we could have a map for the basement section that'd be super. biggrin.gif
adamu
@Aria -

I will be offline now until Monday evening London time. Then my schedule should normalize.

So as not to be an impediment as things heat up:

Al is aiming at the troll (for extra dice).
The instant he hears grenades/gunfire from the sec shack or other indication (troll reacting, message from Nikki) that Nikki has made her move on the decker, he will shoot:
First he'll check for surprise: hoping for the ambush bonus, in which case will roll 17 dice.
Second he'll pull the trigger: with max two aims and since in SR5 cover is treated as bonus dice for the defender, I see no negative mods, so would be 11 dice. Using APDS, so total AP value will be -8.
After that it's aim/shoot, aim/shoot, targeting troll with an insurance shot even if he goes down.

If they zero on me, basic not-get-shot pool is 15 dice, with karma to reroll fails if some lucky schmuck finds/nails me.
The moment I start taking effective fire, will use first possible free action (even if on someone else's go) to "drop prone", which should drop me to the ground (no damage from Al's height of 3 meters).

Sorry - not on a "real" computer, so no Invis Castle pre-rolls. But I will never ever mind if GM wants to go ahead and click the mouse for me. And of course all pools/mods at GM discretion.
Always Overkill
@LG: I thought these Vents were relatively big... is there an issue with all the supplies we are bringing?
Aria
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 4 2014, 02:33 PM) *
@LG: I thought these Vents were relatively big... is there an issue with all the supplies we are bringing?

Big enough...but being in a vent is going to feel claustrophobic...you can't stand up in the horizontal sections!
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 4 2014, 01:06 PM) *
It appears I have myself a 'situation'. This should be fun. I'm struggling slightly to understand my options from the description though. How big is this room? How soon will I see the person coming up the stairs/how soon will he see me? If we could have a map for the basement section that'd be super. biggrin.gif

Will see if I can find something on the net...sadly not got the time to draw something myself at the moment...it's big though!

EDIT: Not a map (yet) but try: http://www.blu-raydefinition.com/reviews/d...ray-review.html
Always Overkill
@mister Joshua: Damn, needed Jan to pause for a sec while we do this setup in the vents; plus that fun post I had coming...

@Aria: Can we try and extend the RFID Tag Network while we are in here?
Aria
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 4 2014, 08:45 PM) *
@mister Joshua: Damn, needed Jan to pause for a sec while we do this setup in the vents; plus that fun post I had coming...

@Aria: Can we try and extend the RFID Tag Network while we are in here?

Yes, no problem!
mister__joshua
@always overkill: You should still be able to do your fun post. I didn't think I'd gone too far, I haven't moved since I came out of the vents. Anyone coming this way likely would have heard us anyway. I think I can take him out without too much fuss, hopefully without altering anyone
Always Overkill
@mister Joshua: NP, We can do it when I drop down... or are together, have you actually gone down? From a closer reading it seems like you have just gone up to one of the vents into the basement and are inspecting the area?

@LG: Perhaps we should do some tests and figure out the basement situation; to see if we can keep up comms, if our RFID Network is holding up, and if LeFey can proceed safely. Have Ali, LeFey, and Collot wait in the vents while Lany and Jan drop down and inspect the room.

Edited...
justkelly
@LG - Sorry I didn't get a post up earlier. Based on Aria's post, I'm not sure of my placement. Am I outside the guard station, getting ready to kill the decker, or do I still need to get up the driveway?
JxJxA
@ Aria, CoP: Looks cool, I'll get something up ASAP, and one of these days I'll convert Gemeaux to SR5. Vivienne will tag along if that's ok. ^_^
RdMarquis
@LG Okay. I think I finally have some time to post. But first, let me make a long overdue roll to figure out how many tasks LeFey gets from her sprite.

Rating (5) = 5d6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4458870/
5d6.hits(5) → [1,1,5,4,6] = (2)

6-2 hits for a total of 4 tasks.
Aria
QUOTE (justkelly @ Apr 6 2014, 01:38 AM) *
@LG - Sorry I didn't get a post up earlier. Based on Aria's post, I'm not sure of my placement. Am I outside the guard station, getting ready to kill the decker, or do I still need to get up the driveway?

I assumed you were by the guard post, can amend that if you want to do something else! I also assumed Jan has dropped down into the basement but if I've misinterpreted I can adjust my IC
Always Overkill
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Apr 6 2014, 07:02 AM) *
@LG Okay. I think I finally have some time to post. But first, let me make a long overdue roll to figure out how many tasks LeFey gets from her sprite.

Rating (5) = 5d6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4458870/
5d6.hits(5) → [1,1,5,4,6] = (2)

6-2 hits for a total of 4 tasks.

Woot! Welcome back, LeFey!!!
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Aria @ Apr 6 2014, 07:44 AM) *
I assumed you were by the guard post, can amend that if you want to do something else! I also assumed Jan has dropped down into the basement but if I've misinterpreted I can adjust my IC

I thought there must be a little confusion over Jan's exact position; but we can ask him and get it worked out wink.gif
Always Overkill
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Apr 6 2014, 01:01 AM) *
@ Aria, CoP: Looks cool, I'll get something up ASAP, and one of these days I'll convert Gemeaux to SR5. Vivienne will tag along if that's ok. ^_^

@CoP: Indeed, will work on Tresckow's post soon. The Citadel is actually a Video Game Host isn't it?

Tresckow must have some interesting opinions on places like this...

His Decker; Drave, wouldn't be with him, but he would be monitoring the situation.
Aria
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 6 2014, 12:51 PM) *
@CoP: Indeed, will work on Tresckow's post soon. The Citadel is actually a Video Game Host isn't it?

Tresckow must have some interesting opinions on places like this...

His Decker; Drave, wouldn't be with him, but he would be monitoring the situation.

Yes it's basically an MMO but with multiple worlds/planes to explore, some, possibly most, generated by the players themselves. There's more on it in the 2072 thread if you are interested.
JxJxA
@ CoP: Okay, post away. Vivienne will try looking for Lady deBathayre, as Gemeaux doesn't have a chance in hell of even finding the bathroom in this place. nyahnyah.gif
Always Overkill
@Vegas: I don't know if you realized this, but Jan has already turned off his commlink. Nobody received the message Ali just sent.
justkelly
EDIT: sneak roll

If I can shoot the decker without moving, then I will do that. If not, I want to get there quietly to shoot the decker.

Initiative roll
4d6 +15 → [6,4,5,2,15] = (32)

From current position, taking aim, roll for shooting decker with crusader (7P) and APDS (-4AP) rounds in SA mode, limit of 7, using pistols skill
16d6.hits(5) → [4,6,5,3,5,1,4,5,2,6,6,3,6,1,3,6] = ( 8 )

If having to sneak to get a clear shot
8d6.hits(5) → [1,2,4,2,2,4,1,2] = (0) -

reroll of sneak test due to wearing chameleon suit
10d6.hits(5) → [5,3,3,4,5,1,1,5,4,5] = (4) - this may get me in

then taking aim and shooting
16d6.hits(5) → [3,5,6,3,3,4,2,2,3,6,6,6,2,4,4,3] = (5)

If I need to avoid an attack
15d6.hits(5) → [1,5,3,4,6,1,3,1,1,3,3,4,5,1,6] = (4)

If I need to soak some hits
14d6.hits(5) → [2,5,2,1,4,4,4,6,1,6,4,1,2,5] = (4) - I won't edge this first one, but if I take some damage, I'll use an edge on later rolls and GM should roll as needed

additional shots to kill decker and then the other bad guy - use as needed
16d6.hits(5) → [5,4,1,6,6,5,2,4,6,1,2,4,6,2,6,3] = (7)
16d6.hits(5) → [6,1,2,6,1,2,3,1,2,3,6,6,5,3,6,4] = (6)
16d6.hits(5) → [4,4,1,2,3,3,3,1,1,5,4,2,3,3,5,4] = (2)

additional rolls to avoid attacks - use as needed
15d6.hits(5) → [1,4,1,6,6,4,6,6,6,1,4,3,2,4,3] = (5)
15d6.hits(5) → [2,4,5,1,6,6,1,3,5,5,5,4,5,1,1] = (7)
15d6.hits(5) → [5,1,3,6,4,2,6,1,3,2,3,2,6,4,1] = (4)

additional rolls to absorb damage - use as needed
14d6.hits(5) → [3,2,2,4,6,6,3,2,1,4,1,6,6,4] = (4)
14d6.hits(5) → [5,1,4,6,3,1,5,6,4,5,6,6,2,6] = ( 8 )
14d6.hits(5) → [5,2,5,6,2,6,6,4,5,5,2,6,4,5] = (9)

Let me know if something else is needed. Feel free to make additional rolls.
Aria
@Justkelly: checking your sheet there seems to be a derth of silencers/suppressors so this is going to be loud! Well, loud ish, it's a machine pistol after all in single shot mode...you do need to sneak a bit to get in but your cameleon suit (running wifi silent i assume?) seems to have done the trick...

It's also a bit like shooting fish in a barrel as the decker is in VR nyahnyah.gif

IC to follow later today I hope!
Always Overkill
Nikki doesn't have a silencer?

Any way she could Retcon that? As an experienced Assassin (Nikki was brought in to help teach Lany the tricks of the trade), I can't imagine why she wouldn't have them. (justkelly must have overlooked that part during chargen)
mister__joshua
I'm in France with spotty wifi til Friday. I haven't got a silencer either so maybe I could buy one with my last load of ammo.

As for my position, I dropped down onto the mezzanine and crouched low, looking at the floor below. I'm still not totally sure where the guy coming up will be but I should be able to handle him. The picture helped a lot smile.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 8 2014, 01:58 PM) *

Any way she could Retcon that? As an experienced Assassin (Nikki was brought in to help teach Lany the tricks of the trade), I can't imagine why she wouldn't have them. (justkelly must have overlooked that part during chargen)

Silenced or not, her "NOW" over the microtransceiver announcing her attack in IC is all the signal Al needs to coordinate his own attack.

Now that I am back online daily, I will tweak my earlier directions and (if I can figure it out) include rolls.

Summary: Having been aiming for several seconds now, Al will shoot the troll the moment he get's Nikki's signal.

I am thinking the aim actions are therefore done prior to the first roll of initiative (???).

Starting with surprise (w/ambush bonus) and initiative:
Surprise
17d6.hits(5) → [1,3,3,4,6,6,4,2,2,4,6,1,4,6,6,6,3] = (6)

Initiative
2d6+11 → [6,4,11] = (21)

Lucky for three actions:
(1) Simple to shoot (with two existing aims), simple to aim
(2) Simple to aim, simple to shoot (two aims)
(3) Simple to aim, simple to shoot (one aim)
Always holding back my Free Action to Drop Prone (fall 3 meters [no damage] to ground) on the first of anyone's action phases where I take effective fire (take a wound).

All aims for extra dice.
Target order: (1) Troll as long as standing; (2) one insurance shot on down troll; (3) if very lucky, delay until I see new target (doubt it will get to that.
Short range (30 meters), with partially lit parking area means no negative mods I know of.
Remington 950 has ACC 7, 12P base damage, firing APDS for total -8 AP

First shot
11d6.hits(5) → [2,2,2,3,1,2,5,1,2,6,6] = (3)

Second shot
11d6.hits(5) → [3,4,6,4,4,5,2,4,6,3,4] = (3)

Third shot
10d6.hits(5) → [6,3,2,5,1,4,3,6,5,3] = (4)

If my position located and I am fired on (I have not assigned positive [partial cover???] or negative mods - leave that to GM):
15d6.hits(5) → [5,1,2,1,1,3,2,1,1,1,1,1,4,4,2] = (1)
15d6.hits(5) → [6,6,1,4,5,5,3,3,4,5,3,1,5,2,1] = (6)
15d6.hits(5) → [3,1,2,2,6,5,4,3,6,3,6,5,3,5,6] = (7)
15d6.hits(5) → [3,1,4,5,3,6,5,1,1,1,5,3,4,6,3] = (5)

Yikes! Hopefully troll will be dead before he can find/shoot me, cuz my first defense roll is a Glitch!
Well, since I can't reroll the fails, and the basic result in any case is I get SHOT, how much worse can it get? I'll save the Edge and see what happens.
Note that if there was a partial cover mod, the extra two dice on that first roll will likely negate the Glitch, in which case I would use 1 Edge to reroll fails.

Some soak rolls:
15d6.hits(5) → [2,5,3,5,6,4,2,1,3,4,2,1,5,1,4] = (4)
15d6.hits(5) → [5,1,2,4,3,3,2,5,4,5,5,5,4,6,5] = (7)
15d6.hits(5) → [3,1,5,5,3,6,6,1,4,4,4,5,3,6,6] = (7)
15d6.hits(5) → [1,1,1,2,4,5,3,4,5,4,2,5,2,1,3] = (3)

Okay, hope I can kill him before he pulls out a minigun or something and turns every twig and branch in the vicinity of my muzzle flash into bloody matchsticks! If worse does come to worse, there will probably be an Edge spent on rerolling fails after the first soak roll…we'll see what happens!

justkelly
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 8 2014, 07:58 AM) *

I get better with every character and I didn't think about sound suppression. So I'll buy first opportunity either retroactive or not. I'll go over the character again to see if there are other key tools I'll need to get. Suggestions?
Always Overkill
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 8 2014, 04:18 PM) *
I'm in France with spotty wifi til Friday. I haven't got a silencer either so maybe I could buy one with my last load of ammo.

As for my position, I dropped down onto the mezzanine and crouched low, looking at the floor below. I'm still not totally sure where the guy coming up will be but I should be able to handle him. The picture helped a lot smile.gif

@mister Joshua: So in order to join up with Jan, Lany would have to exit the vents and drop down onto the mezzanine, which would put her past the threshold of the basement?

@Aria: Is there room, time, and concealment on the mezzanine for Lany to drop down and arm herself if she were to join him?
Always Overkill
Double Post
Aria
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 9 2014, 07:25 PM) *
@mister Joshua: So in order to join up with Jan, Lany would have to exit the vents and drop down onto the mezzanine, which would put her past the threshold of the basement?

@Aria: Is there room, time, and concealment on the mezzanine for Lany to drop down and arm herself if she were to join him?

Yes, although wifi can be maintained by dropping a tag just under your vent exit. There's not much cover on the mezzanine (a few plants in planters) and doors off to your right (heading north towards the therapy building). You can certainly drop down and arm before the mysterious whistler arrives!
Aria
@LG: Run and Gun is out...expect the badies to come packing ork.gif

@LeFey: Not sure exactly what roll to call for to stop a shutdown so I'm going to base it on the reverse of a reboot...

Marks Required: 3
Test: Computer + Logic [Data Processing] v. Willpower+ Firewall

Someone shout if there's a better option! Thanks
RdMarquis
@LG

Alright. I've got the marks, so let's make that roll.

Computer (5) + Logic (5) +2 for Hot-sim = 12d6 (If I don't get the Hot-sim bonus, feel free to remove hits)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4463758/
12d6.hits(5) → [2,3,1,2,3,6,3,1,2,4,5,1] = (2)

In the interest of us not getting trapped like rats, I'm dropping my last point of Edge on this.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4463759/
10d6.hits(5) → [3,6,3,1,2,2,1,1,4,6] = (2)

4 hits. Hope that's enough.
Always Overkill
@LG: Trying to figure out how to work this, (My original plan for Lany finding the Raiden was for her to uncover amongst her gear as the team prepared to go down into the basement; she had placed an order for one through Jan, and it wasn't going to arrive until after the job. But Jan called in a favor and put a rush on it, getting it here on time and hiding it amongst the team's gear, meaning to surprise Lany with it upon completion of the job. But as it now appears she will actually need it, he was going to point it out to her sooner)

Should have my IC up tomorrow

@Aria: Technical question; I am spitballing here, but would it be possible for LeFey to secure a passive connection with Lany's commlink, effectively acting as a relay between our team going into the basement and those on the outside, without bringing too strong of a wireless signal in with us? Lany is planning on going wireless dark when she enters the basement, but is concerned with maintaining contact with the team as it begins to spread out and get into position. Perhaps Lany could set her commlink only to receive, and only answer back with simple "pings"?

With the layout provided by Overdrive's drone sweep, would it be difficult for us to approximate the distance and direction we need to head when we go down into the basement in order for us to find the elevator leading up into the Therapy Building?

Whether these ideas work or not, if we are going to pull off this pincer against the assault team, we need to figure out a way for the inside team to let the outside team know we are in position.
adamu
Always Overkill - just a thought on your comm thoughts -
I believe you can be "dark" in term of wifi and still have our microtransceivers work just fine.

Since in RL we often associate "wireless" with radio comms, it is easy for me to get mixed up.
But in SR5, microtransceivers are simply short-range radio comms that do not necessarily make use of the wireless matrix in any way.
My read of the rules is that can be totally dark vis a vis technomancers/hackers, and still have our microtransceiver comms, which in fact is what we set up the RFID trail to facilitate.

As for the pincer (yes, it was my idea), I fear it is probably out the window. By now Lany has heard Al's talk with Nikki, and knows that we have already hit the interlopers' outside elements.
That said, nothing wrong with still giving it a try on their inside element, just not sure it will still work…

Good luck in there!
Always Overkill
QUOTE (adamu @ Apr 12 2014, 12:56 PM) *
I believe you can be "dark" in term of wifi and still have our microtransceivers work just fine.

Since in RL we often associate "wireless" with radio comms, it is easy for me to get mixed up.
But in SR5, microtransceivers are simply short-range radio comms that do not necessarily make use of the wireless matrix in any way.
My read of the rules is that can be totally dark vis a vis technomancers/hackers, and still have our microtransceiver comms, which in fact is what we set up the RFID trail to facilitate.

As for the pincer (yes, it was my idea), I fear it is probably out the window. By now Lany has heard Al's talk with Nikki, and knows that we have already hit the interlopers' outside elements.
That said, nothing wrong with still giving it a try on their inside element, just not sure it will still work…

Good luck in there!

Thanks for the clarification for wireless-dark and microtransceivers, I was worried that the TMs would make keeping contact between the teams nearly impossible.

I just thought of something, could Lany still use her Smartlink if she ran a simple hardwire from her guns to her Datajack without the risk of being hacked? (One at a time, obviously.)

We do need to generate some sort of new plan for our insertion; but with Jan down there, we need to neutralize the whistler, fast.

I am concerned that without the pincer, or some other organized effort from our team below, your crew will be hard-pressed to take on the entire Assault team with only Al and Overdrive's drones, Nikki will be delayed taking out the hacker. Our crew below will also have a hard time if too many of them get down here.
adamu
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 12 2014, 10:23 PM) *
Thanks for the clarification for wireless-dark and microtransceivers, I was worried that the TMs would make keeping contact between the teams nearly impossible.

I just thought of something, could Lany still use her Smartlink if she ran a simple hardwire from her guns to her Datajack without the risk of being hacked? (One at a time, obviously.)

We do need to generate some sort of new plan for our insertion; but with Jan down there, we need to neutralize the whistler, fast.

I am concerned that without the pincer, or some other organized effort from our team below, your crew will be hard-pressed to take on the entire Assault team with only Al and Overdrive's drones, Nikki will be delayed taking out the hacker. Our crew below will also have a hard time if too many of them get down here.

The hardwired smartlink interface sounds "dark" to me personally, but the days when I was an SR rules encyclopedia are two editions and many years behind me. There has been some discussion about that very question on the boards…probably want to confirm with GM.

And yeah, there are a lot of bad people coming down.
But, especially with LeFey using all her power to keep the host up, decker needed to go without delay, so that tips our hand to a certain degree, so had to hit the rear guard. RHat is planning on adding his drones to the assault once he can get a post up, and most of those are useless once we get indoors.

But even without a well coordinated pincer per se, I see several things working in our inside team's favor vs. the new guys:
(1) based on the OOC I've seen so far, I would guess their matrix support is split seconds from a bloody death
(2) once their rear guard gets hit hard, the inside guys will be mightily distracted, maybe split their force or abort
(3) just because they get hit on the outside, they still don't know you are even there on the inside. You can still surprise them, or work around them, or lie low and go with the earlier plan of letting them and the site security eat each other up.
And most importantly (4) don't underestimate the skills and power of not only Lany and Jan, but also "non-combatant" types on our team once they get their backs against the wall.

You guys will do awesome.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (adamu @ Apr 12 2014, 05:58 PM) *
The hardwired smartlink interface sounds "dark" to me personally, but the days when I was an SR rules encyclopedia are two editions and many years behind me. There has been some discussion about that very question on the boards…probably want to confirm with GM.

And yeah, there are a lot of bad people coming down.
But, especially with LeFey using all her power to keep the host up, decker needed to go without delay, so that tips our hand to a certain degree, so had to hit the rear guard. RHat is planning on adding his drones to the assault once he can get a post up, and most of those are useless once we get indoors.

But even without a well coordinated pincer per se, I see several things working in our inside team's favor vs. the new guys:
(1) based on the OOC I've seen so far, I would guess their matrix support is split seconds from a bloody death
(2) once their rear guard gets hit hard, the inside guys will be mightily distracted, maybe split their force or abort
(3) just because they get hit on the outside, they still don't know you are even there on the inside. You can still surprise them, or work around them, or lie low and go with the earlier plan of letting them and the site security eat each other up.
And most importantly (4) don't underestimate the skills and power of not only Lany and Jan, but also "non-combatant" types on our team once they get their backs against the wall.

You guys will do awesome.

1) Yeah probably won't take Nikki very long to finish off the hacker.
2) I doubt we will be lucky enough for them to abort, but it should certainly divide their attention.
3) We do indeed still have the element of surprise inside, and I like the idea of letting site security engage them first; but sadly we have seen no response from them as of yet.
4) I am certain that our noncombatants will contribute well for us; Ali is not bad in a fight, and its always good to have a Technomancer like LeFey to start bricking all their weapons.

We need to come up with our plan for moving through the basement, our HVAC disguises may not be enough. (We could always BS them when we are down their, in preparation to initiate the toxic spill ruse; telling them we fear dangerous contaminants may be leaking in the basement, and we were sent down to by our supervisor to investigate. There are a few very-talented liars on this part of the crew.)

Or were we just planning on storming in down there with guns-a-blazing...
RHat
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 12 2014, 03:23 PM) *

Everything but the wireless bonus would work just fine - if you don't want to be wireless, this is generally what you'd be doing.
Always Overkill
@ LG: Another idea on the BS front. We could tell them that we are private security contractors hired by the Megacorp that runs the place, deployed in absolute secrecy, and we were sent in to repel the attack.

These are long shot ideas I am throwing out; one of the biggest advantages of our inside crew is that both Lany and Ali possess the Face skills necessary to possibly dupe the internal staff and security.

@Aria: So just to be clear, there has been no reaction we have seen in the basement (Alarms or staff on guard running around) to the action above? Considering the man approaching Jan's position is whistling a happy pop tune and all, seems like they must still be oblivious to the situation.
mister__joshua
Right, I'm back in the game, but only til Thursday when I'm away again for 5 days. I'll try and get a post up before then.

@Aria: The picture of the Dollhouse on the link you posted helped a lot, but I'd like a bit more info before acting.

The guy coming up the stairs - is he walking straight towards me? If so I'm assuming he'll see me as soon as he crests the top of the stairs. If not then how soon will he see me?

The room immediately next to me you described as 'occupied'. Who/what is it occupied by? What type of room is it? How big?

Thanks
Always Overkill
@Aria: Does Lany have enough time to drop down and put her duffel in or behind one of the planters, and get into position with Jan before the whistler spots him?
Aria
@LG: Sorry for the absence, DS seemed to be down for a bit and then RL took priority for a bit. Hope to get some stuff up this week!
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 14 2014, 01:52 PM) *
@Aria: Does Lany have enough time to drop down and put her duffel in or behind one of the planters, and get into position with Jan before the whistler spots him?

Yes, whistler isn't in any hurry!
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 14 2014, 09:14 AM) *
@Aria: The picture of the Dollhouse on the link you posted helped a lot, but I'd like a bit more info before acting.

The guy coming up the stairs - is he walking straight towards me? If so I'm assuming he'll see me as soon as he crests the top of the stairs. If not then how soon will he see me?

The room immediately next to me you described as 'occupied'. Who/what is it occupied by? What type of room is it? How big?

Thanks
Whistler will see you as they crest the stairs...no real cover up here. Room has a grey uniformed person and two whites in it, from the brief glimpse through the glass in the door it looks slightly larger than a 4 person office, maybe the size of a small classroom...
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 13 2014, 01:40 PM) *
@ LG: Another idea on the BS front. We could tell them that we are private security contractors hired by the Megacorp that runs the place, deployed in absolute secrecy, and we were sent in to repel the attack.

These are long shot ideas I am throwing out; one of the biggest advantages of our inside crew is that both Lany and Ali possess the Face skills necessary to possibly dupe the internal staff and security.

@Aria: So just to be clear, there has been no reaction we have seen in the basement (Alarms or staff on guard running around) to the action above? Considering the man approaching Jan's position is whistling a happy pop tune and all, seems like they must still be oblivious to the situation.
No alarms yet, only been a couple of seconds of 'action' so to speak...
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 13 2014, 03:18 AM) *
1) Yeah probably won't take Nikki very long to finish off the hacker.
2) I doubt we will be lucky enough for them to abort, but it should certainly divide their attention.
3) We do indeed still have the element of surprise inside, and I like the idea of letting site security engage them first; but sadly we have seen no response from them as of yet.
4) I am certain that our noncombatants will contribute well for us; Ali is not bad in a fight, and its always good to have a Technomancer like LeFey to start bricking all their weapons.

We need to come up with our plan for moving through the basement, our HVAC disguises may not be enough. (We could always BS them when we are down their, in preparation to initiate the toxic spill ruse; telling them we fear dangerous contaminants may be leaking in the basement, and we were sent down to by our supervisor to investigate. There are a few very-talented liars on this part of the crew.)

Or were we just planning on storming in down there with guns-a-blazing...
Better come up with a plan fast, and communicate it to Jan before he neutralises Whistler biggrin.gif
QUOTE (adamu @ Apr 12 2014, 04:56 PM) *

Good luck in there!
The transceivers don't need the matrix but the RFID trail will allow both matrix and them to work in the radio dead zone down here. Note, there is far less internal wifi blocking down here, just a block to the ground above rather than every room. The bridge will bring the wifi mesh down here which means the matrix will be accessible by the TMs even if you are all wifi off!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012