Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
adamu
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ May 9 2014, 01:20 PM) *
With defense being our new objective, I think the outside may want to try and get into the basement via the vents. I imagine the attackers have even more backup on the way, and Al and Overdrive will be awfully exposed when a second force with advanced warning of outside resistance rolls up and hits you from the rear. Perhaps you can use the evacuation route you guys had set up to drive through the fence to get up to the building with vent access and work your way down. Nikki can just head straight for the Housing buildings and get into the vents from there. We don't have anymore objectives for you guys to stay up there and meet; you have already done a great job of bloodying the noses of the lead assault team pretty fraggin well, lets get you outta there intact!

Dude, we are ALREADY awfully exposed!!!

But those are some really good strategy thoughts - based on what we know right now - I think your plan is great. Another thing in your plan's favor is that if our job is to defend, then the last thing we need is for the bad guys to feel their avenue of retreat is sealed off - harder to push them out that way.

But all that is academic until I get this drone off my butt!

Once I do that, maybe we'll have a bit more data, and can decide exactly what to do then!
adamu
@Tribes -

quite a few players on the scene, but most not at all synced up.
I have to always remind myself that just cuz I know what is happening, it is often confusing to other participants.
And I know it can stifle posting if no one is sure whose court the ball is in.

So just to round up -
Right now the ball is in EVERYONE's court, to post IC or OOC (BOTH usually best!).

For some, like Tommy and Boone, heck, who's even say at this point which side you initially approach???

Tyro - you can see the chase and jump in, or wait for possibly a call from Maus…

Aria definitely free to IC finding the location of Steamer's 'link.

And of course we have our three that are already committed to the chase.

If anyone has any questions about anything, just let me know!
Always Overkill
Looking Glass Contact Directory

Ali-
Silk – Fixer C:?/L:?
Raven – Fence C:3/L:2
Rory Kingston - Corp Security Contractor C:2/L:4
Scott Foxwell – Street Doc C:2/L:4
Storm – Fixer C:4/L:1

LeFey-
"Angelo" (Horizon citizen, student, runner-in-training)
[ Spoiler ]

"Nightshade" (Evo citizen, student, matrix adept)
[ Spoiler ]

"Mordred" (Mystic adept, Runner)
[ Spoiler ]

Nikki-
Local Fixer- from my French Fixer 3/1
Johnson-Met in Casablanca 4/2
Landlord- 1/1
Local Diner Owner- 2/1

Overdrive-
- Fixer- Carter C2/L5

Jan-
'Black' Tamanous Ghoul Liaison - 1/2
'Razor' Street Clinic Doc - 3/1
'Know' Fixer - 1/1

Lany-
Fury- A.I. Resistance Leader- 2/5
Gavin Thorstrum- Former Horizon Cyberware Technician turned street dealer 1/2
Bethany Chang -Detective, Lone Star Corporate Affairs 2/4
Tomas Muller- Smuggler 1/1

Al-
We need some contacts my friend, your sheet leaves much to the imagination wink.gif

Tyro
QUOTE (adamu @ May 9 2014, 12:22 PM) *
[...]
Right now the ball is in EVERYONE's court, to post IC or OOC (BOTH usually best!).

For some, like Tommy and Boone, heck, who's even say at this point which side you initially approach???

Tyro - you can see the chase and jump in, or wait for possibly a call from Maus…
[...]

Monkey has no idea what's going on at this point. As far as he knows the chase has nothing to do with him, and curiosity gets people killed. I'll wait for Maus's call.
Always Overkill
@mister Joshua: what languages does Jan speak, you don't have any on your sheet. Being from South Africa, do you happen to speak German, or perhaps Sperethiel?
justkelly
@Tribes -- Tommy will be following the spirit and then will do something either once he realizes others are interested in the spirit too, or if he learns the spirit is following someone. He'll want to know why that person has a spirit following them.

Tommy is walking in with no Tribe connections, so this little adventure will be the way in, I hope that works out okay at least.
Always Overkill
@Looking Glass: Do I need a roll of some sort for Lany's story, as its pretty much entirely true, just omitting the incriminating parts?

Is so, here is her Acting skill roll (Not sure which it would be, Performance?) Moot point as all are at 5.

Lany's Acting Roll: 5 Hits
adamu
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ May 10 2014, 02:38 AM) *
Al-
We need some contacts my friend, your sheet leaves much to the imagination wink.gif

It's ALL ABOUT the imagination, omae…but I suppose I did buy into this contact compilation business in my insatiable lust for karma.

Al's "official" contacts

[ Spoiler ]

They both also feature prominently in the first couple of pages of the General IC thread.
RHat
@LG: Apologies for my silence; exams and personal life issues.

Anyways, based on their instructions, two of the Roto-Drones are going to open fire based on their Pilot's target selection. RD3 is on standby, and I don't *think* I can instruct it to do anything until Overdrive's action phase comes around again.

11d6.hits(5) → [5,5,5,6,1,6,2,1,5,1,1] = (6)
11d6.hits(5) → [2,4,5,1,1,4,2,1,5,6,1] = (3)

And am I good to retcon in some grenades for the Alpha?
Umidori
@Tribes

Rolling his Seattle Street Gangs knowledge to see if these uniformed mooks are anyone Boone might know.

6d6 → [4,2,1,5,2,4] = 1 Hit

Whelp, he probably has no clue, but was worth a shot!

Okay... hrm.. Visual Perception Roll, are there any liquids nearby that Boone could grab a hold of before the mystery woman passes by him? Vendors selling drinks? Preferably something aromatic and colorful? Something without a lid ideally, or at least quick to open.

9d6 → [4,4,4,2,4,6,2,1,2] = 1 Hit

Drek! I am NOT rolling well.

The worst part is, before he hit his bolthole for gear, he still had the dregs of his Liquid Refresh-Mint which would be perfect for this idea... frown.gif

~Umi
mister__joshua
QUOTE (adamu @ May 9 2014, 09:15 PM) *
But those are some really good strategy thoughts - based on what we know right now - I think your plan is great. Another thing in your plan's favor is that if our job is to defend, then the last thing we need is for the bad guys to feel their avenue of retreat is sealed off - harder to push them out that way.

Don't worry about that - none of them are getting out...

QUOTE (Always Overkill @ May 10 2014, 04:42 AM) *
@mister Joshua: what languages does Jan speak, you don't have any on your sheet. Being from South Africa, do you happen to speak German, or perhaps Sperethiel?

Jan speaks Afrikaans. It is on his sheet, just not marked as a language. Other than that, just English. If he had a third language it would probably be Dutch I'd guess?

Also Jan's actual (final) sheet is 3 posts below the one linked on the front page. His contacts are:
'Black' Tamanous Ghoul Liaison - 1/1
'Razor' Street Clinic Doc - 3/1
'Know' Fixer - 1/2

Onto the 3 intruders - is anyone opposed to me grenading them before they see us? Because that might be about to happen. Jan doesn't really 'get' collateral damage nyahnyah.gif
Always Overkill
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ May 10 2014, 09:14 AM) *
Onto the 3 intruders - is anyone opposed to me grenading them before they see us? Because that might be about to happen. Jan doesn't really 'get' collateral damage nyahnyah.gif

I think those are staff members approaching, did you miss the part about us getting a new contract to defend this place and the people in it?
adamu
@Umidori -

1 hit on an appropriate knowledge skill is enough for general knowledge.

The paramilitary garb and the red stars do mark them as members of an ork/troll gang called the Night Prowlers.

And yeah, if you want to find a drink that is no problem.

Say there is a "cafe" close to hand. Variety of open beverages - of course, they are all on people's tables or waiters' trays...
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ May 10 2014, 03:14 PM) *

I think the SIX closest to you are staff/patients.

The three behind them (in-house sec gear or not - remember your old theory about inside-job?) definitely feel like bad guys, with the guy in the middle the boss villain.

Nuke 'em, Mr. J.

NeuroNet would much rather have us win the battle and lose one or two docs/guinea pigs than risk letting the place go under.
Umidori
Alrighty, I can work with that.

I stop the nearest drink-laden waiter with a rapid business proposal and a credstick prominently displayed in my hand - I'm amazingly thirsty, can't wait, 20 nuyen for that mug of soykaf, keep the change. Can roll Negotiation if needed, but I think anyone working for tips would gladly take that offer.

Edit: Thinking about it, would there be any hurlg? That'd work even better, but it's not necessary.

~Umi
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ May 10 2014, 04:29 PM) *
I think those are staff members approaching, did you miss the part about us getting a new contract to defend this place and the people in it?

Yeah, as adamu said I'm pretty sure beyond the 6 there are 3 pretty serious intruders.
adamu
@Umi - yes, the waiter will happily take your Y20, and yes, hurlg is as easy to find as soykaf in this place.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ May 10 2014, 12:49 PM) *
Yeah, as adamu said I'm pretty sure beyond the 6 there are 3 pretty serious intruders.

I agree on the creepy vibe they are giving off, and you may well be right. Hopefully, Silk gives us some indication that he is a hostile. I am just worried about accidentally blowing up the facility administrator as our first act of defense.

Lany will follow your lead regardless, so just try and give her a heads up if we are going to light them up.
Umidori
@Tribes

Alrighty, IC is up. Boone's just trying to create a trail of breadcrumbs, so to speak, or in this case a trail of booze drippings. Shadowing pool is too small, so I had to create a means of using my Tracking skill instead. Hopefully it works, but if not, eh! Improvisation!

Let's just hope this gal doesn't try to shank me for splashing her with highly flammable and aromatic spiced ale! If nothing else, I still need to get my credstick back! biggrin.gif

~Umi
adamu
@Umidori -

okay, you just scored one extra die on tracking tests if they come up.
Won't last for long, though.
Tyro
RE: Maus's message, Monkey is looking for the woman in question. 2 hits on visual perception.
RHat
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ May 10 2014, 08:14 AM) *

I'm not prepared to call them as hostile, neutral, or friendly just yet - I'd suggest that given that you can unspare them, but not unkill them, it might be better to go with the reversible decision.
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ May 9 2014, 06:38 PM) *
LeFey-
"Angelo" (Horizon citizen, student, runner-in-training)
[ Spoiler ]

"Nightshade" (Evo citizen, student, matrix adept)
[ Spoiler ]

"Mordred" (Mystic adept, Runner)
[ Spoiler ]

Appreciate the contact list, but Mordred and E.T. are two different characters. The Bartender/Fixer is as described on LeFey's character sheet. Mordred's real name is Riley Senlis (he uses his mother's surname, Finn). He's LeFey's half-brother and a mentor of sorts.
RdMarquis
@LG

Hacking (5) + Logic (5) + Specialization (2) + Codeslinger (2) + Hot-Sim (2) -2 for Sustaining penalty -2 for Silent Running = 12d6
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4498286/

12d6.hits(5) → [4,6,5,3,2,4,4,2,6,3,1,6] = (4)
12d6.hits(5) → [6,5,4,5,3,5,4,6,3,4,2,2] = (5)
12d6.hits(5) → [5,3,1,5,1,6,6,6,2,5,6,3] = (7)

4, 5, and 7 hits to break into the second host.
Tyro
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ May 11 2014, 04:20 AM) *
Appreciate the contact list, but Mordred and E.T. are two different characters. The Bartender/Fixer is as described on LeFey's character sheet. Mordred's real name is Riley Senlis (he uses his mother's surname, Finn). He's LeFey's half-brother and a mentor of sorts.

You get a cookie for the Buffy reference wub.gif
RdMarquis
An unintentional one, if you can believe it. The show aired when I was about ten, and I didn't watch much of it.
justkelly
@LG/Aria - I'm waiting to see if I encounter anything/anyone on my way to the building before posting again. I'd hate to assume that I get smooth sailing into the building and down the rabbit hole. wink.gif
Tyro
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ May 11 2014, 02:45 PM) *
An unintentional one, if you can believe it. The show aired when I was about ten, and I didn't watch much of it.

Riley Finn was one of the main characters for a while. SpecOps badass and major love interest.
RdMarquis
Right, I know that now. The only thing I remember from back then is that mantis lady.
Always Overkill
@LG: Now that she has the karma, I am going to raise Lany's Edge Score from 1 to 2.
Tyro
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ May 11 2014, 11:47 PM) *
@LG: Now that she has the karma, I am going to raise Lany's Edge Score from 1 to 2.

Would someone remind me how Karma and Nuyen increases get handled in Tribes?
justkelly
QUOTE (Tyro @ May 12 2014, 02:06 AM) *
Would someone remind me how Karma and Nuyen increases get handled in Tribes?

For every 2 IC posts, 2,000 nuyen and 1 karma are earned. Which is why we don't get money "in game"-your character earns based on the post count.
Tyro
QUOTE (justkelly @ May 12 2014, 01:13 AM) *
For every 2 IC posts, 2,000 nuyen and 1 karma are earned. Which is why we don't get money "in game"-your character earns based on the post count.

Thanks. I recalled it was something like that, though for some reason was remembering per post. Makes sense to me.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (RHat @ May 11 2014, 05:28 AM) *
I'm not prepared to call them as hostile, neutral, or friendly just yet - I'd suggest that given that you can unspare them, but not unkill them, it might be better to go with the reversible decision.

I get your idea, but from my (character's) way of thinking they are very likely hostile, its a small risk if they aren't hostile (only 3 civvies), and with 2 of us vs what promises to be multiple heavily-armed assailants we could use every advantage, and a surprise grenade is a big advantage. We can't unkill them, but we can't re-surprise them either.
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ May 12 2014, 04:19 PM) *
I get your idea, but from my (character's) way of thinking they are very likely hostile, its a small risk if they aren't hostile (only 3 civvies), and with 2 of us vs what promises to be multiple heavily-armed assailants we could use every advantage, and a surprise grenade is a big advantage. We can't unkill them, but we can't re-surprise them either.

Think I'd better nip speculation in the bud nyahnyah.gif

The two 'light grey' are in the uniforms of the staff. They are very close to the 6 patients so grenades are likely to catch them too. They are only about 20m from you which is comparatively close. Most importantly they are approaching you from the south. The therapy building and the assumed entrance are to the north (the way you are heading and towards the stairs where the troll girl was)...

So, grenade away, but you've been warned ork.gif
Vegas
QUOTE (Aria @ May 12 2014, 04:36 PM) *
So, grenade away, but you've been warned ork.gif

Run away!!! It's a trap!!! I mean.. emm... nothing to see here. Move along citizen.
adamu
Damn, I was 100% with Mr. J, but seems clear now Always O was right...
Tyro
@Tribes: Monkey doesn't know about Maus's spirit, so if he doesn't get a reply he'll risk it (he *was* asked to stop her) and go after her, thinking otherwise she's gone for good.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (adamu @ May 12 2014, 11:25 PM) *
Damn, I was 100% with Mr. J, but seems clear now Always O was right...

I'm still not sure. Dressed as staff doesn't mean ARE staff, right? With our new directive we weren't told of any of the facilities' own security we'd be working alongside? I'm still going with enemies, though maybe they've been here all along rather than being part of the assault team.

It's a shame our intel wasn't more helpful :/
Aria
Heh, I'm not giving you everything on a plate nyahnyah.gif

That's the problem with visions...they are open to interpretation...and Summer's only a kid!
RHat
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ May 13 2014, 01:58 AM) *
I'm still not sure. Dressed as staff doesn't mean ARE staff, right? With our new directive we weren't told of any of the facilities' own security we'd be working alongside? I'm still going with enemies, though maybe they've been here all along rather than being part of the assault team.

It's a shame our intel wasn't more helpful :/

It's a pretty questionable assumption, though, and on the tactical level, taking them now is a great way to lose the support of the people in there - I'm inclined to suggest it's really not a great idea in light of the clarification.

@Aria - Still need a result on the roto-drones attacks.
Aria
@LG: Time for a combat update and where I think you all are...please feel free to correct me if you think otherwise!

@Al: You are avoiding incoming fire from an aerial drone. You've also spotted the skimmer drone homing in on you in a way that suggests it's coming for more than just a peek!

@Overdrive: You've nobbled the troll. Can you confirm your targets for the rotadrones? Think I missed that nyahnyah.gif I'm pretty sure you rolled already so if you happen to know the post number that would be great!

@Nikki: Heading for the main building (I think?) ...you've also seen a skimmer homing in on you!

@Jan: Debating the merits of creating a fine red mist of your foes...

@Lany: Waiting on Jan's lead?!?

@LeFey: Getting marks on the new host. I think (would need to clarify this???) that means you need to leave the old host, although not give up your marks on it. Overwatch is accumulating in a time fudged kind of way but I don't think you need to worry at the moment...

@Ali: I think you're still in the ducts over Lany and Jan's heads??? Want to join the action? If you want an excuse I'm happy to say that the number of people crouching up there is starting to have a structural effect...you really don't want to drop out of the ceiling!
Vegas
@LG was just thinking the number of people gathering below is a good excuse to join in on the fun... Have a plan of posts to make, but they'll have to wait until later this morning/afternoon. Have clients I'm leaving for in a few.
Aria
@Tribes/Adamu: before I post for Briar a couple of questions: with 2 marks I assume it's child's play to activate the camera on the link and see what it can see...? After that I want to download the contents of the link to the server and wipe it clean (just in case Steamer has something on there he doesn't want falling into the wrong hands!). Not sure if you want rolls but it's probably ok to buy hits???
mister__joshua
Something I did want to ask - In my original character draft I had an Ares Alpha and Heavy 2 for if I wanted to do some grenading. I then had to get rid of the Alpha as I was short on cash.

Can I please do one of the following:
1) Swap my AK back for the original Alpha now I have the cash (or buy the Alpha outright).
2) Swap my Heavy skill for some Thrown Weapons

Cheers

Also, if I don't blow these guys up and they attack me I reserve full 'told you so' rights for future posts. If however they turn out to be friendly I'll take all the credit for my restraint nyahnyah.gif
RHat
QUOTE (Aria @ May 13 2014, 06:44 AM) *
@Overdrive: You've nobbled the troll. Can you confirm your targets for the rotadrones? Think I missed that nyahnyah.gif I'm pretty sure you rolled already so if you happen to know the post number that would be great!

The pilots are instructed to engage hostiles as they appear, so I assume they'd target those drones that popped up - unless I missed the appearance of some other enemy?

And am I correct in assuming that I can't send a message to alter the third roto-drones instructions until it's Overdive's action phase again?
adamu
QUOTE (RHat @ May 13 2014, 08:38 PM) *
The pilots are instructed to engage hostiles as they appear, so I assume they'd target those drones that popped up - unless I missed the appearance of some other enemy?

Music to my ears!!!
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ May 13 2014, 01:47 PM) *
@Tribes/Adamu: before I post for Briar a couple of questions: with 2 marks I assume it's child's play to activate the camera on the link and see what it can see...? After that I want to download the contents of the link to the server and wipe it clean (just in case Steamer has something on there he doesn't want falling into the wrong hands!). Not sure if you want rolls but it's probably ok to buy hits???

Two very easy actions for you - no need for rolls.

What might be tougher is making out what you see from the 'link's camera…an extremely close-up view of what looks like a candy wrapper - hard to say because it is very dark, and obscured by a very uneven beige shape…wait!…a cockroach just crawled across the candy wrapper...
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ May 13 2014, 01:44 PM) *
@LG: Time for a combat update and where I think you all are...please feel free to correct me if you think otherwise!

@Al: You are avoiding incoming fire from an aerial drone. You've also spotted the skimmer drone homing in on you in a way that suggests it's coming for more than just a peek!

Okay - actions going forward in current situation -

Barring an extraordinary roll, Al will always get two passes per turn.
So I will stay on full defense as long as any drones are targeting me, and use the other pass to aim (for extra die) and fire.
If necessary, change to perception test to find target, then fire (but that doesn't seem like an immediate problem!).

Top two rounds in my magazine are explosive (13P, -5 AP), next two APDS (12P, -8 AP).

I don't see any negative mods, so ten dice per shot in current situation.

Targeting order is (1) any skimmer coming at me, (2) any drone shooting at me, and (3) any other skimmer drone.

10d6.hits(5) → [2,6,2,2,4,5,2,3,2,2] = (2)
10d6.hits(5) → [2,6,3,6,2,2,4,6,5,4] = (4)
10d6.hits(5) → [4,6,1,1,4,2,1,2,6,6] = (3)
10d6.hits(5) → [3,1,5,3,2,3,6,4,1,5] = (3)

As for defense, rolled several ranged defense rolls a while back (post 984). Don't know if you have used them up or not, what with all this getting shot at already.

If you use them, I will now be adding 4 dice to each for full defense, and hopefully 2 or 4 on top of that for cover. Those additions will in all likelihood eliminate the glitch on the first roll.
If any defense roll results in Al having to soak damage, I will use a point of edge to re-roll misses.

Soak rolls also up in the same post, just in case.

Let me know if you need anything further!
justkelly
QUOTE (Aria @ May 13 2014, 06:44 AM) *

@Nikki: Heading for the main building (I think?) ...you've also seen a skimmer homing in on you!

Okay, Nikki wants to keep out of sight as much as possible, so using trees and her sneak skill, is that possible??? She has 10 dice for sneaking around with her chameleon suit (A 6 + Sneak 2 + suit 2).

And/or if there is a spot to stop and aim, Nikki will do that...stick n shock rounds from the assault rifle should fry any electrical system even with a glancing blow... biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012