Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
Vegas
Sorry, jammed up on Set today until late, this is all I have had time to pull together but hopefully enough to keep pushing forward...*fingers crossed*

Initiative

11+3d6
24 [3d6=4, 6, 3]
20 [3d6=2, 5, 2]
19 [3d6=3, 4, 1]
19 [3d6=1, 2, 5]
27 [3d6=6, 4, 6]

Unarmed Combat

5d6t5
2 [5d6t5=6, 6, 4, 1, 3]
1 [5d6t5=4, 2, 5, 3, 4]
3 [5d6t5=6, 4, 5, 4, 6]
4 [5d6t5=2, 5, 5, 5, 6]
1 [5d6t5=3, 4, 1, 5, 1]
Blades

8d6t5:
3 [8d6t5=5, 3, 2, 1, 5, 5, 3, 2]
5 [8d6t5=6, 6, 2, 5, 5, 3, 3, 5]
3 [8d6t5=1, 5, 6, 3, 2, 2, 5, 3]
4 [8d6t5=1, 3, 6, 2, 2, 6, 6, 5]
4 [8d6t5=6, 3, 6, 5, 2, 2, 6, 4]

Soak Rolls (Bod3, FFBA (Custom) cool.gif

11d6t5:
4 [11d6t5=2, 6, 5, 5, 5, 3, 2, 3, 3, 2, 4]
2 [11d6t5=4, 6, 5, 3, 2, 2, 4, 2, 4, 4, 2]
3 [11d6t5=1, 2, 3, 5, 2, 1, 4, 5, 1, 4, 5]
4 [11d6t5=2, 3, 5, 5, 2, 2, 1, 1, 6, 1, 6]
5 [11d6t5=2, 5, 5, 6, 3, 3, 3, 1, 5, 1, 6]
adamu
@JDragon - if you want in the fight I'll need the usual - initiative, actions, rolls for those actions, and lots of defense rolls.
adamu
@MrJoshua

Well, on one hand there are a lot of them (many more than you'd thought), both mounted and dismounted, all around you.

But on the other hand, they don't know where you are, many of them are drunk, and my examination of the rules found that you run faster than any of them even with an adult male human on your back.

Assuming you are trying to get away, let's start with a Sneaking roll (their opposed test will be using Teamwork, so roll well).

Of course if you have any contingency plans or bright ideas to enhance your odds let me know.

adamu
@Chalka - looks like you've given me everything asked for, thanks!

I do, however, remain in a spike in RL hecticousity. Looking to carve out just one peaceful hour to resolve everything for the first set of initiative passes. Hopefully tomorrow. Sorry for the delay.
JDragon
QUOTE (adamu @ May 25 2016, 09:46 AM) *
@JDragon - if you want in the fight I'll need the usual - initiative, actions, rolls for those actions, and lots of defense rolls.

Guess I best get reading the combat rules for 5th Ed. biggrin.gif

I'll get rolls up tomorrow at some point. Do you care how we do rolls?
JDragon
Rocky's Actions & Rolls

Rocky's plan will be to head for the van that just arrived behind Daphne, he will be trying to close as quickly as possible with the attackers before they can bring their weapons to bear on Daphne or himself.

I'm guessing he is in his suit for work and has his Warhawk in its holster at the small of his back. Let me know if I'm wrong on either of these.

ROLLS
Initiative: 9+3d6
Rolls: 4; 2; 2
Total: 17

If needed Rocky will Sprint(Complex) as his first action to get to his targets.
Running Test (Str 8 + Running 2): 10 dice
Rolls: 2; 6; 1; 1; 3; 6; 3; 3; 4; 1
Hits: 2
So that should add 2 meters if needed.

If he does not need to Sprint to get there Rocky will use both actions to punch(Complex) the guys coming out of the vans. His first target will be the first one he can reach, if I get two attacks (having not needed to sprint) the second attack will go at the first guy if he's still a threat or he can't reach anyone else. If the first target is down then Rocky will move down the line to the next guy.

If possible I would like the attack to be a charge. I will be using Killing Hands to make the damage Lethal.

Attack 1
Unarmed Attack (Boxing) (Reaction 6 + Boxing 7 + Charging 2): 15 dice
Rolls(Normal): 2; 6; 2; 3; 3; 6; 5; 2; 6; 5; 4; 1; 6
Rolls(Charge): 2; 3
Hits: 6
Damage: 6 Hits + DV 9P; AP -4

Attack 2
Unarmed Attack (Boxing) (Reaction 6 + Boxing 7 + Charging 2): 15 dice
Rolls(Normal): 3; 1; 6; 1; 3; 2; 1; 1; 5; 2; 6; 1; 2
Rolls(Charge): 4; 5
Hits: 3 or 4
Damage: 3 or 4 Hits + DV 9P; AP -4

Defense
Defense (Normal) (Reaction 6 + Intuition 3 + Combat Sense 2): 11 dice
Rolls: 5; 4; 5; 5; 1; 1; 1; 2; 4; 1; 3 / Hits: 3
Rolls: 3; 4; 3; 1; 5; 6; 6; 5; 1; 5; 3 / Hits: 5
Rolls: 2; 1; 4; 1; 5; 2; 6; 6; 5; 6; 3 / Hits: 5
Rolls: 2; 2; 2; 1; 1; 5; 2; 2; 4; 2; 3 / Hits: 1
Rolls: 5; 2; 3; 3; 2; 6; 4; 6; 6; 1; 2 / Hits: 4
Rolls: 2; 1; 3; 5; 1; 2; 2; 5; 3; 2; 2 / Hits: 2
Rolls: 6; 6; 5; 6; 2; 2; 1; 4; 2; 1; 3 / Hits: 4
Rolls: 3; 2; 6; 6; 2; 5; 3; 6; 1; 5; 6 / Hits: 6

Soak Rolls (Body 8 + Suit 8): 16 dice
Rolls: 6; 5; 5; 1; 4; 1; 2; 5; 1; 4; 6; 2; 3; 4; 1; 6 / Hits: 6
Rolls: 5; 4; 5; 1; 5; 6; 3; 2; 1; 3; 5; 1; 4; 1; 4; 1 / Hits: 5
Rolls: 3; 6; 3; 1; 3; 3; 1; 1; 6; 5; 1; 5; 6; 3; 1; 1 / Hits: 5
Rolls: 5; 5; 3; 2; 3; 3; 1; 4; 2; 3; 5; 6; 1; 6; 2; 6 / Hits: 6
Rolls: 4; 3; 2; 1; 5; 6; 5; 5; 1; 1; 6; 6; 5; 2; 5; 1 / Hits: 8

Let me know if I missed anything or if you need more rolls. This is my first stab at 5th ed Combat so hopefully I got it right.
adamu
@Chalka group -

Again, apologies this took so long. RL has just really hit me recently (curse it).

Here is the resolution on the first initiative pass of the combat turn.

Outside the room:

The two guys stay out of the doorway. They pull up their sleeves and each produces a long ammo clip from somewhere on their body and slams it right into their forearm. They are clearly preparing to assault the room (but this being a weapons-controlled club, are now having to take an action to load their concealed ammo clips into their cyberguns).

Vexboy and Rave have pretty much exactly the same result - each of you are now right behind your man. You see each other, but they don't appear to have seen you.

For your next action passes you are both going to go before these guys can act. I assume you are attacking them from behind as you indicated earlier, although you are free to change your minds.
Vexboy - what sort of attack are you using?
I'll need those rolls.
And probably defense rolls as well, in case you don't take the guy down....
Also, on your first visit I had them take your weapons at the door, but I forgot to do that this time.
Considering that all your weapons are quite conealable and that you now have a well-paid contact working here, I'm going to say you got your weapons in tonight. Your weapon can already be readied if you want.

Vegas - I've got your defense rolls, thanks.
Also got your attack rolls with blade and unarmed - preference (I'd go with blade if I were you!).

Inside the room:
It's a tense half second as you wait for the next phase of the attack. Everyone is a bit stunned by the wall blowing.
Bronwyn is muttering something from her hiding place in the corner.
DES commands his spirit and it completes its Materialization.
D-Pop is squatting behind the table, calm.
The expected grenade does get dropped into the new wall hole.
D-Pop dives over and tosses it back out.
Still no blast yet.
Once the grenade goes back out the hole, a troll in a tactical vest with a shotgun curses and dives through the hole (making it a bit bigger!) and into the room.

I know what the air spirit is going to do on its next initiative pass.
Need to know what DES will do on his next go (with rolls).

Posting IC:
Feel free to post IC of anything that is resolved to this point.
Or wait until we get through the (potentially more conclusive) next initiative pass.
I won't be ICing unless, say, I think there are events not finding their way into the narrative and want to get them in before things move much farther forward.

Raiderj
Vexboy quick draws his Fichettis from his arm slides and fires at the guard nearest to him. He has Stick n Shock active.

Fire Weapon (Left Hand): 6d6t5 1

I spend a point of edge to reroll the other numbers.

Fire Weapon (Left Hand): 5d6t5 4

Fire Weapon (Right Hand): 6d6t5 3

Then he goes on Full Defense.

Full Defense: 13d6t5 6
Vegas
Well since they brought guns, it'll be a bladed fight from Rave. I figured she couldn't carry in the club which is why I never rolled weapons other than blades smile.gif
adamu
@JDragon - a good turn for you, mainly because the four guys you are attacking fubared their surprise you. So while they still act against their target (Daphne), they are either too slow or two unconscious to react to you.

So, yeah, wearing your work clothes/gear, of course, since the scene was set as you showing up early for work.

Your basic run is worth 16 meters, more than enough to reach them.

Charge on the first attack, not the second.

Your blows kill both men.

Other two shoot tasers at Daphne, but a sudden strong gust of wind sends the darts swirling away harmlessly.

The stunned guys staggering out of the van she stopped are slammed back into it by the flying dumpster.

You might also notice that she is bleeding from her nose and eyes.

All that can be ICed.

I'll be following your IC with one of my own, so any of the above detail you don't feel is pertinent to your own story I'll stick in with my post.

You'll want wait to declare your next turn's actions until you see my IC.
DireRadiant
DES action.
Commanding Voice Cha 5 + Leadership 1 + Authoratative Tone 1 - Stun Mod 1: 6d6h5 1
Reroll failures Commanding Voice Cha 5 + Leadership 1 + Authoratative Tone 1 - Stun Mod 1 = 5: 5d6h5 3
Targeting the troll. "Drop the shotgun and run!"
adamu
@Chalka -
more resolution going into second IP -

there is a big nasty fiery blast (not a flashbang) outside the hole in the wall - no game effect.

The troll practically landed on top of D-Pop, who was just inside the hole after throwing the grenade back.

Anyway, DES does his Voice thing and the troll looks confused and squeezes back out through the hole, leaving his shotgun behind.

DES's spirit materializes in the room, as does another spirit beside Bronwyn.

Outside the room, Vexboy fires two stick n shocks point blank into one guy's back. There is a lot of crackling around what is clearly a non-conductive jacket. The guy does appear affected, but not enough to keep him from turning and firing a burst from his cyber SMG at equally close range at Vexboy. But Vexboy's full-defense allows him to dodge, and the bullets go into the crowd. Vexboy has no further actions in this combat turn after the Full-D.

Rave stabs her guy in the back, but again his clothing is well armored, and he doesn't look too hurt. He likewise turns his cyber SMG on her. She partially dodges, which is to say she does not die, and her armor takes the brunt. The result is 5 stun damage, and you are knocked down..

Then an air spirit steps into the doorway and your guy jumps off the balcony in terror.

That pretty much ends this combat turn except that Rave has one more action...

Feel free to IC per my last two resolution posts.
Or if you are busy it's cool, later this week I'll put up an IC covering anything that was not covered in the PCs' IC posts over the coming few days.

Let me know if you have any questions or think I got anything wrong!
Raiderj
Here is his intiative roll since I can't do anything else.

Intiative: 4d6+9 22

I hope this asshole's skin isn't conductive. All he has done is piss Vexboy off.
JDragon
Sorry for the the delay on the IC, i kept getting sucked in to a mapping project.

Nice to see that Rocky can still hit like a mack truck.

JD
Vegas
Adamu: Two questions for you to help resolve Rave's last initiative pass....

Approx. how far did she "go down" from the particular asshole who shot at her?
And secondly, what kind of footwear is he wearing? biggrin.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas @ Jun 2 2016, 10:34 PM) *
Adamu: Two questions for you to help resolve Rave's last initiative pass....

Approx. how far did she "go down" from the particular asshole who shot at her?
And secondly, what kind of footwear is he wearing? biggrin.gif

Hmmm - sounds like you have something specific and creative in mind.

Far be it from me to blow your ingenuity with arbitrary decisions - answer to both questions can be "whatever you like, within reason".

Does that help?
adamu
@JDragon -

okay, yeah, she's on the ground.

The sniper is still falling.

Another van is coming up fast.

The two guys that just shot at you - them missing you was a freebie - I just didn't want to have them doing nothing while the other events were unfolding.

But that was my last poetic intervention - you want to avoid their next shots you'll have to work for it.

All of my last IC was "outside" the initiative sequence, but we'll start a new one now.

So need all the usual stuff for starting a new Combat Turn!
Vegas
Rave just wants to slash at her shooter's Achille's tendon above his dress loafers with the blade he so foolishly didn't disarm from her. biggrin.gif

You can use that second Blades roll and modify for her stun damage as necessary?
adamu
QUOTE (Vegas @ Jun 3 2016, 01:39 AM) *
Rave just wants to slash at her shooter's Achille's tendon above his dress loafers with the blade he so foolishly didn't disarm from her. biggrin.gif

You can use that second Blades roll and modify for her stun damage as necessary?

Your description of how you could turn your current position into an advantage caused me to disregard your attacking while prone penalty.

You cut his leg - nothing debilitating, but definitely hurt him.
adamu
@Chalka - okay, needed to move things forward, so I ICed all that has been resolved so far.

Do not hesitate to also do your own ICs from your own POV.

The only remaining foe any of you can see is the guy on the balcony shot by Vexboy and slashed by Rave.

As we go into the next turn, it is pretty obvious he is about to join his buddy in going over the railing.

But if anyone wants to try to stop him, roll initiative and give me actions and rolls.

If not, go ahead and IC or OOC-declare your next actions of the next several seconds - no need to mess with initiative and all that.
JDragon
Adamu,

Some questions to get a clear picture of how deep things have gotten in the last 9 seconds or so.

How far is the van Rocky is fighting at from Daphne?

Also what kind of action would it be to pick her up?

Does the van Rocky is next to have any doors open, if so which ones? Also is it running still?

How long do I guess until the guys start exiting the third van?

Does it look like Daphne is still conscious after falling to the ground?

Trying to get a good read on my options, have a couple plans in mind.

JD
adamu
@JD - always happy to fill in any details you need to do something awesome.

The van you are fighting at was trying to get as close to her as it could - she is only three meters from it, with you in between.

I had to think about this same question recently in another game - action to pick someone up.
I think Simple Action (Pick Up Object) if lifting her is an autosuccess based on your strength.
If her weight vs. your strength requires a lift test, then it becomes a Complex action.
She weighs 55 kg.

The side sliding doors of the van you are near are wide open, the guys having just piled out moments earlier. It is running, and through the side doors you can see into the cab, where a Japanese man sits at the wheet.

You figure the guys will start exiting the third van (assuming that's what is going to happen) in just a few seconds.
In game terms, you are about to start a new combat turn.
At the start of the NEXT combat turn, they will likely start piling out.
Again, just you guessing - no promises on this one.

yup - Daphne bleeding out her eyes, ears and nose, and both knees shot out - but wide awake and relatively lucid

Raiderj
Im just waiting for everyone to roll initative.
JDragon
Thanks for the information.

Does it look like he rigging or just meat driving? Also would rocky be able to drive the van or is it to small for his size?

Thanks

JD
adamu
QUOTE (JDragon @ Jun 6 2016, 10:28 PM) *
Thanks for the information.

Does it look like he rigging or just meat driving? Also would rocky be able to drive the van or is it to small for his size?

Thanks

JD

He's meat driving, seems, since he's turned around in his seat looking at you in terror. Can't see his hands....

You driving....2.6 meters and 330 kg, right?
Can't find it in SR5 (if you do, cool), but there were rules for this in previous editions.
Not physically impossible, but -4 dice on any tests (driving or otherwise) made while driving.
JDragon
Rocky's Actions & Rolls

Rocky realizes shit just real and its time to pull out all the stops, he's back in the big leagues now.
I will use an Edge point to Blitz, giving me 5 Init Dice. He will then take a complex and free action to take multiple attacks, taking one attack on each of the goons. For that attack he will use another Edge point to Push the Limit, spreading the 6 dice evenly between the two attacks. If for some reason the two goons are not close enough he will instead use a complex action to attack each of them.

Once he has dropped both of them he will then pick up Daphne (Str 8 * 15kg = 120kg without test) and then climb in the back of the van and threaten the driver to get him to drive us out of this cluster.

ROLLS
Initiative: 9+5d6
Rolls: 3, 5, 4, 3, 1
Total: 25

I will be using Killing Hands to make the damage Lethal.

Init 25
Attack 1A
Unarmed Attack (Boxing) (Reaction 6 + Boxing 7)/2 + Edge 3): 9 dice
Rolls(Normal): 6, 2, 5, 2, 4
Rolls(Edge): 2, 4, 6
Rule of Six: 1, 3
Hits: 3
Damage: 3 Hits + DV 9P; AP -4

Attack 1B
Unarmed Attack (Boxing) (Reaction 6 + Boxing 7)/2 + Edge 3): 10 dice
Rolls(Normal): 3, 1, 2, 1, 2, 4, 2
Rolls(Edge): 4, 6, 1
Hits: 1
Damage: 1 Hits + DV 9P; AP -4

Init 15
Attack 2 (assuming the second guy dodges the one hit from the attack on him.
Unarmed Attack (Boxing) (Reaction 6 + Boxing 7): 13 dice
Rolls(Normal): 4, 1, 6, 5, 6, 1, 6, 6, 3, 6, 2, 6, 4
Hits: 7
Damage: 7 Hits + DV 9P; AP -4

Init 5
Move over to Daphne and use simple action to pick her up, then move back to the van and climb in. I will then threaten the drive to get us out of here unless he wants to look like his buddies laying on the ground.

Intimidation Roll (default Charisma 1); 1 die
Roll: 5

Let me know if I need anything else for this

Defense
Rolls: 3, 1, 4, 5, 3, 6, 4, 6, 6, 5, 2 / 5 hits
Rolls: 6, 4, 5, 2, 3, 4, 2, 2, 3, 4, 3 / 2 hits
Rolls: 6, 5, 5, 3, 6, 2, 5, 2, 5, 5, 5 / 8 hits
Rolls: 1, 5, 5, 3, 4, 2, 3, 1, 1, 4, 3 / 2 hits
Rolls: 5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 2, 3, 2, 3, 5, 3 / 3 hits
Rolls: 2, 1, 3, 3, 5, 2, 5, 4, 6, 5, 6 / 5 hits

Rolls: 1, 6, 6, 2, 6, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 5, 6, 5, 6, 3 / 8 hits
Rolls: 2, 5, 2, 5, 6, 5, 2, 1, 3, 4, 2, 1, 4, 5, 1, 4 / 5 hits
Rolls: 3, 2, 1, 3, 5, 6, 4, 6, 5, 1, 1, 4, 3, 6, 5, 1 / 6 hits
Rolls: 1, 2, 4, 5, 1, 5, 2, 3, 6, 2, 3, 3, 6, 5, 6, 5 / 7 hits
Rolls: 1, 6, 4, 3, 3, 3, 5, 3, 5, 4, 6, 4, 4, 2, 4, 1 / 4 hits
Rolls: 6, 1, 2, 5, 3, 4, 1, 6, 6, 4, 1, 3, 2, 4, 1, 2 / 4 hits

Let me know if I missed anything or if you need more rolls.
Raiderj
Should I just move or wait for the others to roll initative?
mister__joshua
Hey Adamu. Sorry it's taken a while

Stealth Check vs. Koreans (Ag 10 + Sneak 4): 14d6t5 5
and if that succeeds I'll run for it...
Getting the hell out of there! (Strength 8 + Athletics 2): 10d6t5 2
DireRadiant
QUOTE (adamu @ Jun 4 2016, 06:42 PM) *
@Chalka - okay, needed to move things forward, so I ICed all that has been resolved so far.

Do not hesitate to also do your own ICs from your own POV.

The only remaining foe any of you can see is the guy on the balcony shot by Vexboy and slashed by Rave.

As we go into the next turn, it is pretty obvious he is about to join his buddy in going over the railing.

But if anyone wants to try to stop him, roll initiative and give me actions and rolls.

If not, go ahead and IC or OOC-declare your next actions of the next several seconds - no need to mess with initiative and all that.

QUOTE (Raiderj @ Jun 7 2016, 10:38 PM) *
Should I just move or wait for the others to roll initative?

DES is not stopping anyone from running, so no init.
Raiderj
Vexboy attempts to shoot the remaining guy in the forehead to incapacitate him. He uses the gun in his right hand.

Fire Shot: 12d6t5 4
adamu
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Jun 9 2016, 05:47 PM) *
Vexboy attempts to shoot the remaining guy in the forehead to incapacitate him. He uses the gun in his right hand.

You'll need initiative to see if you can shoot him before he follows his friend over the rail.

If the forehead thing is fluff, cool stuff...I like the imagery.

If you are trying for a game effect, you'll need to use the called shot options in the core book and/or Run and Gun.
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jun 8 2016, 08:31 AM) *
Hey Adamu. Sorry it's taken a while

Stealth Check vs. Koreans (Ag 10 + Sneak 4): 14d6t5 5
and if that succeeds I'll run for it...
Getting the hell out of there! (Strength 8 + Athletics 2): 10d6t5 2

Yikes, fast AND super sneaky. Five hits is respectable.

They've got so many guys on their teamwork test they might have topped you except I had to take dice off each guy for intoxication....

I'll IC you slipping the cordon - what you do / where you go after that is on you...
adamu
QUOTE (JDragon @ Jun 7 2016, 02:26 AM) *
Rocky's Actions & Rolls

Rocky realizes shit just real and its time to pull out all the stops, he's back in the big leagues now.
I will use an Edge point to Blitz, giving me 5 Init Dice. He will then take a complex and free action to take multiple attacks, taking one attack on each of the goons. For that attack he will use another Edge point to Push the Limit, spreading the 6 dice evenly between the two attacks. If for some reason the two goons are not close enough he will instead use a complex action to attack each of them.

Once he has dropped both of them he will then pick up Daphne (Str 8 * 15kg = 120kg without test) and then climb in the back of the van and threaten the driver to get him to drive us out of this cluster.

ROLLS
Initiative: 9+5d6
Rolls: 3, 5, 4, 3, 1
Total: 25

I will be using Killing Hands to make the damage Lethal.

Init 25
Attack 1A
Unarmed Attack (Boxing) (Reaction 6 + Boxing 7)/2 + Edge 3): 9 dice
Rolls(Normal): 6, 2, 5, 2, 4
Rolls(Edge): 2, 4, 6
Rule of Six: 1, 3
Hits: 3
Damage: 3 Hits + DV 9P; AP -4

Attack 1B
Unarmed Attack (Boxing) (Reaction 6 + Boxing 7)/2 + Edge 3): 10 dice
Rolls(Normal): 3, 1, 2, 1, 2, 4, 2
Rolls(Edge): 4, 6, 1
Damage: 1 Hits + DV 9P; AP -4

Init 15
Attack 2 (assuming the second guy dodges the one hit from the attack on him.
Unarmed Attack (Boxing) (Reaction 6 + Boxing 7): 13 dice
Rolls(Normal): 4, 1, 6, 5, 6, 1, 6, 6, 3, 6, 2, 6, 4
Hits: 7
Damage: 7 Hits + DV 9P; AP -4

Init 5
Move over to Daphne and use simple action to pick her up, then move back to the van and climb in. I will then threaten the drive to get us out of here unless he wants to look like his buddies laying on the ground.

Intimidation Roll (default Charisma 1); 1 die
Roll: 5

Let me know if I need anything else for this

Defense
Rolls: 3, 1, 4, 5, 3, 6, 4, 6, 6, 5, 2 / 5 hits
Rolls: 6, 4, 5, 2, 3, 4, 2, 2, 3, 4, 3 / 2 hits
Rolls: 6, 5, 5, 3, 6, 2, 5, 2, 5, 5, 5 / 8 hits
Rolls: 1, 5, 5, 3, 4, 2, 3, 1, 1, 4, 3 / 2 hits
Rolls: 5, 2, 3, 4, 5, 2, 3, 2, 3, 5, 3 / 3 hits
Rolls: 2, 1, 3, 3, 5, 2, 5, 4, 6, 5, 6 / 5 hits

Soak Rolls (Body 8 + Suit cool.gif: 16 dice
Rolls: 1, 6, 6, 2, 6, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 5, 6, 5, 6, 3 / 8 hits
Rolls: 2, 5, 2, 5, 6, 5, 2, 1, 3, 4, 2, 1, 4, 5, 1, 4 / 5 hits
Rolls: 3, 2, 1, 3, 5, 6, 4, 6, 5, 1, 1, 4, 3, 6, 5, 1 / 6 hits
Rolls: 1, 2, 4, 5, 1, 5, 2, 3, 6, 2, 3, 3, 6, 5, 6, 5 / 7 hits
Rolls: 1, 6, 4, 3, 3, 3, 5, 3, 5, 4, 6, 4, 4, 2, 4, 1 / 4 hits
Rolls: 6, 1, 2, 5, 3, 4, 1, 6, 6, 4, 1, 3, 2, 4, 1, 2 / 4 hits

Let me know if I missed anything or if you need more rolls.

JD - wow you got hosed on that second roll in the split attack.

So resolution:
You go first - your first part of the split attack takes the guy down - not dead, but on the ground and badly injured.
Your second attack misses.

Then that guy shoots, but you dodge the shot. The guy on the ground does not shoot.

Your second attack kills the last guy standing.

On your third pass you pick up Daphne and get into the van. The driver shoots you with a light pistol. You don't dodge, but you do soak the entire thing. Like he shot a BB at you.
Technically I think you need a Complex action to make an Intimidate roll, but at one success it doesn't really matter (I added some more dice for situatioal mods, but no joy).
So he does not submit and become your chauffeur, but he does get out of the van.

Now it's you and her in the back of the van, third van screeching to a stop (no change in your estimate of when they'll be out).

Feel free to IC all that, then I'll toss in a quick IC for a small event.

After you see that, you we'll be back to a new Combat Turn.
JDragon
Yeah, dice weren't in the mood for the cool stuff this week. nyahnyah.gif

Sounds good to me, will get the IC done when I can and see what you drop on me next.

JD

Raiderj
QUOTE (Raiderj @ May 30 2016, 10:34 PM) *
Here is his intiative roll since I can't do anything else.

Intiative: 4d6+9 22

I hope this asshole's skin isn't conductive. All he has done is piss Vexboy off.

I already rolled a while ago. I couldnt find anything for headshots last I checked but I dont have run and gun on me.
adamu
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Jun 11 2016, 12:17 PM) *
I already rolled a while ago. I couldnt find anything for headshots last I checked but I dont have run and gun on me.

Doh! Sorry I missed that.

The called shot stuff is not required, just an option.

You can shoot him just fine with the regular rules.

On the run right now, but will try to resolve this for you tonight!
adamu
QUOTE (Raiderj @ Jun 9 2016, 05:47 PM) *

@Raider - okay, your shot drops him to the balcony floor in a quivering mass.

Feel free to IC that, and...

that is definitely the end of "combat time" for this encounter.

People can role play freely.

The only external thing that will happen, and within seconds, is a lot of armed Russian thugs will converge on the VIP room - but they are there to secure the situation and help D-Pop.
They know Victoria and won't hassle her, and they have seen that DES is with D-Pop.
They don't really know Vexboy...

You can include them in your posts if you like, not a big deal - they have sec cam footage to refer to, so it won't be hard to convince them that Vexboy acted reasonably.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (adamu @ Jun 10 2016, 11:41 PM) *
Yikes, fast AND super sneaky. Five hits is respectable.

They've got so many guys on their teamwork test they might have topped you except I had to take dice off each guy for intoxication....

I'll IC you slipping the cordon - what you do / where you go after that is on you...

Am I ok to roleplay my way all the way back to Jan's hovel?
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jun 13 2016, 09:05 AM) *
Am I ok to roleplay my way all the way back to Jan's hovel?

Yup!
DireRadiant
FYI I may not be able to post for a week.
adamu
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Jun 13 2016, 11:13 PM) *
FYI I may not be able to post for a week.

All good - not like I've been burning up the boards lately!

That sort of heads up always very much appreciated, by the way.

For me, my current state of semi-activity should persist for about a month - as for the past month, I'll endeavor to at least keep things alive.

That should be followed by a period of heavy posting later this summer - looking forward to that!
JDragon
A few quick questions.

What if anything did Rocky notice laying around in the van as he was climbing in and threatening the driver?

Do I currently have an easy path I can take driving the van?

I'm not sure on the exact options I have for driving away. I will be looking for what ever route is going to be easiest for me to navigate and if possible harder for the last van to follow. With the focus being on easy for me.

If I remember correctly Dr Cline's clinic was down in Tacoma right?

Thanks

JD
mister__joshua
QUOTE (adamu @ Jun 13 2016, 06:28 PM) *
Yup!

Cool. Post up. I've left Jae's level of brain-damaged-ness open for now, so it's up to you how lucid he is. Hopefully I haven't broken him biggrin.gif
adamu
QUOTE (JDragon @ Jun 14 2016, 05:25 AM) *
A few quick questions.

What if anything did Rocky notice laying around in the van as he was climbing in and threatening the driver?

Do I currently have an easy path I can take driving the van?

I'm not sure on the exact options I have for driving away. I will be looking for what ever route is going to be easiest for me to navigate and if possible harder for the last van to follow. With the focus being on easy for me.

If I remember correctly Dr Cline's clinic was down in Tacoma right?

Thanks

JD

Well, in the back of the van there's a cot with restraints attached to it.

There are also a lot of cigarette butts and fast food containers, disposable wooden chopsticks, spare tire & tire iron, etc. If there's a particular thing you are hoping to find there, and it is the sort of junk people might normally find lying around in the back of a van used by male criminal thugs, then just roll a die and on 1-3 it's there. Or you can ask, but it takes a post cycle...

On the street you are on, things have only been going on for fifteen to twenty seconds, not really enough for Joe Driver to do more than stop and wonder what to do. So you've got a lot of cars and panicked drivers in either direction up the road. But there is an apparently open alley, albeit with dumpsters and piles of junk to make it a bit narrow.

And yeah, Dr. Cline - blast from the distant past - seems to me as well like he was in Tacoma.
adamu
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jun 14 2016, 10:14 AM) *
Cool. Post up. I've left Jae's level of brain-damaged-ness open for now, so it's up to you how lucid he is. Hopefully I haven't broken him biggrin.gif

You happened to just exactly fill his physical condition monitor. Which as I read it makes him unconscious and yet not deteriorating as he would had the monitor overflowed.

So technically he needs a full day's rest to get any boxes back and thus be conscious, but whether you talk to him now or in 24 hours is not particulary relevant to the story....

So it'll be at least a day before he's ambulatory, but he can be conscious and carry on a conversation.
adamu
@Chalka group -

since Dire is offline for a bit (and assuming one or both of you guys goes with them), then assume he gets you all back to his motor home thing and starts driving somewhere. So you can feel free to interact with D-Pop during the drive as you wish.
JDragon
Rocky's Actions & Rolls

Rocky will start his turn by putting Daphne down on the cot and tell her to hang on. As he's doing that he will ask if it might be possible for her to hide the van or summon a spirit that can, even if just for a short time. (Simple action?)

He will then close the side door of the van. (Simple action?)

Next he will adjust so he is on his knees behind the driver's seat and then rip it out, tossing it out the driver's door as he does. (Complex action?) My hope is the driver door will get closed once we get moving.

Then he will drive the van from the kneeling position, using one hand on the wheel and one to manipulate the peddles. (Complex action) Hoping this may lessen the penalties for size some. The short term goal is to get out of the area and clear line of sight to the attackers to give us some time to breath.

Rolls: 5, 6, 4
Total: 24

Rip Out Seat (Strength 8 + Body 8): 16 dice
Rolls: 5, 4, 5, 1, 5, 6, 5, 4, 2, 4, 2, 5, 4, 2, 1, 6 / 7 hits

Drive Roll (Reaction 6 + Pilot Ground Craft 2): 8 dice
Rolls: 1, 2, 5, 4, 1, 6, 2, 4 / 2 hits

Defense
Rolls: 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 3, 2, 2, 6, 3, 3 / 1 hit
Rolls: 3, 2, 5, 2, 6, 2, 5, 4, 1, 4, 1 / 3 hits
Rolls: 4, 1, 1, 4, 4, 6, 1, 6, 2, 6, 3 / 2 hits
Rolls: 3, 4, 5, 3, 2, 6, 4, 1, 6, 4, 1 / 3 hits

Rolls: 3, 4, 6, 6, 4, 5, 1, 5, 6, 6, 1, 2, 2, 6, 4, 1 / 7 hits
Rolls: 2, 3, 1, 3, 5, 4, 1, 6, 2, 1, 2, 4, 3, 4, 5, 2 / 3 hits
Rolls: 4, 6, 5, 1, 5, 1, 1, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 6, 2, 4, 6 / 7 hits
Rolls: 2, 4, 4, 1, 2, 5, 4, 5, 2, 5, 6, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3 / 4 hits
DireRadiant
QUOTE (adamu @ Jun 14 2016, 05:44 PM) *
@Chalka group -

since Dire is offline for a bit (and assuming one or both of you guys goes with them), then assume he gets you all back to his motor home thing and starts driving somewhere. So you can feel free to interact with D-Pop during the drive as you wish.

Pretty much.

Sorry, really busy at Origins.
adamu
QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Jun 18 2016, 05:25 AM) *
Pretty much.

Sorry, really busy at Origins.

Hah, never apologize for going to Origins.

Took me thirty years of dreaming before I was able to make the pilgrimage to GenCon.
So if it takes me as long again to get to Origins, then I've got just....23 years to go!
adamu
QUOTE (JDragon @ Jun 18 2016, 12:30 AM) *
Rocky's Actions & Rolls

Rocky will start his turn by putting Daphne down on the cot and tell her to hang on. As he's doing that he will ask if it might be possible for her to hide the van or summon a spirit that can, even if just for a short time. (Simple action?)

He will then close the side door of the van. (Simple action?)

Next he will adjust so he is on his knees behind the driver's seat and then rip it out, tossing it out the driver's door as he does. (Complex action?) My hope is the driver door will get closed once we get moving.

Then he will drive the van from the kneeling position, using one hand on the wheel and one to manipulate the peddles. (Complex action) Hoping this may lessen the penalties for size some. The short term goal is to get out of the area and clear line of sight to the attackers to give us some time to breath.

Rolls: 5, 6, 4
Total: 24

Rip Out Seat (Strength 8 + Body cool.gif: 16 dice
Rolls: 5, 4, 5, 1, 5, 6, 5, 4, 2, 4, 2, 5, 4, 2, 1, 6 / 7 hits

Drive Roll (Reaction 6 + Pilot Ground Craft 2): 8 dice
Rolls: 1, 2, 5, 4, 1, 6, 2, 4 / 2 hits

Defense
Rolls: 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 3, 2, 2, 6, 3, 3 / 1 hit
Rolls: 3, 2, 5, 2, 6, 2, 5, 4, 1, 4, 1 / 3 hits
Rolls: 4, 1, 1, 4, 4, 6, 1, 6, 2, 6, 3 / 2 hits
Rolls: 3, 4, 5, 3, 2, 6, 4, 1, 6, 4, 1 / 3 hits

Soak Rolls (Body 8 + Suit cool.gif: 16 dice
Rolls: 3, 4, 6, 6, 4, 5, 1, 5, 6, 6, 1, 2, 2, 6, 4, 1 / 7 hits
Rolls: 2, 3, 1, 3, 5, 4, 1, 6, 2, 1, 2, 4, 3, 4, 5, 2 / 3 hits
Rolls: 4, 6, 5, 1, 5, 1, 1, 3, 4, 5, 5, 4, 6, 2, 4, 6 / 7 hits
Rolls: 2, 4, 4, 1, 2, 5, 4, 5, 2, 5, 6, 1, 1, 1, 2, 3 / 4 hits

Okay, as expected, bad guys getting out of the third van as this combat turn starts.

You definitely go first with 24, so after you talk to the girl about spirit help, your next stated action is slam the door shut.
You'll hear taser darts thunking against it.

On the next initiative pass, your 14, you succeed no problem in tearing out the driver's seat (I'll drop your driving penalty from -4 to -2 for that), but then you've got a Yakuza thug in the driver's door shooting at you and, yeah, with only one hit on your defense roll, he hits.

Do you want to Edge that, or shall I go to your (7-hit) soak roll?

Let me know about that.
And feel free to IC to that point if you want, or else wait for a bit more resolution.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012