Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
Always Overkill
K, I think for this stage of the mission, we need to go subterfuge. Here is what I am proposing: Lany drops down and the two grab Whistler, making sure he stays quiet. Lany then goes into her role; telling him he won't be harmed if he stays quiet, perhaps telling him to lead them to a place to hide and talk. Once there, she tells him that the place is under attack, and that we are shadowrunners hired by the corp to stop it. We snuck in disguised as an HVAC crew because the corp fears the attackers have a sleeper agent who has compromised their internal security, and that he needs to help us stop them. From there, we can make our plans if he cooperates.

As this is a critical decision, I wouldn't mind a couple of others on our crew weighing in OoC
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 15 2014, 12:25 AM) *
K, I think for this stage of the mission, we need to go subterfuge. Here is what I am proposing: Lany drops down and the two grab Whistler, making sure he stays quiet. Lany then goes into her role; telling him he won't be harmed if he stays quiet, perhaps telling him to lead them to a place to hide and talk. Once there, she tells him that the place is under attack, and that we are shadowrunners hired by the corp to stop it. We snuck in disguised as an HVAC crew because the corp fears the attackers have a sleeper agent who has compromised their internal security, and that he needs to help us stop them. From there, we can make our plans if he cooperates.

As this is a critical decision, I wouldn't mind a couple of others on our crew weighing in OoC

Ok. Well, I've been thinking of our problems in a more immediate sense. There's a guy approaching. I have 3 options (that I can see):

1) Draw and wait for him. Intimidate him as he crests the top of the stairs (while pointing my gun at him) to keep him quiet.
2) Turn my back on him. Hope his reaction to the overalls and unusual person is to approach and question me from where I have more options (like taking him out silently)
3) Attack him as soon as I see him, either with a silenced shot or by rushing him.

I'm more inclined to go with one of the first 2.

As for your bit about what to do once we've captured him, I'd go simpler. There's no reason we need this guy to buy an elaborate story because he won't be in a position to do anything/inform anyone anyway. I'd go with a simple interrogation for information on our 3 targets then knock him out - but each to their own smile.gif
Aria
QUOTE (justkelly @ Apr 8 2014, 03:52 AM) *
[ Spoiler ]
Not sure about the sneak re-roll?!? You get bonus D if you are using the suit with wifi on??? I'm not going to worry about it but if you could cite a rule that would be grand!

The decker is rolling straight 12D+3D-4AP (no defence) so is in for a bad time! 2hits (ouch!) say goodbye...

QUOTE (adamu @ Apr 8 2014, 09:06 PM) *
[ Spoiler ]
Couple of quick questions...I assume you want to take a 'firing from cover penalty??? It won't make much difference to the shot but will to defence! [EDIT: forget that, it only appears to be firing round a corner with a smartgun so...] And do you have any thermal camo? Too lazy/busy to check at the moment nyahnyah.gif

Troll is surprised (ah the old ambush technique...) but is a tough fragger, bod 12, armour 12 +helmet 2 +shield 6 -8AP = 24D = 7 hits (8 damage)...not standing (duh!) but also unavailable for a follow up shot!
Aria
@LG: Just a quick IC to let your evaluate your opening moves. If you need more to go on before choosing a course of action I will try and get another IC up before the long weekend but don't count on it nyahnyah.gif
justkelly
@aria. P437 references the chameleon suit gives plus 2d for sneak tests when wireless. Without wireless the suit just increases limit by 2.

With the decker dead, Nikki wants to now take out the others. Will post rolls later when on a computer and not a phone.
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Apr 15 2014, 08:01 PM) *
Couple of quick questions...I assume you want to take a 'firing from cover penalty??? It won't make much difference to the shot but will to defence! [EDIT: forget that, it only appears to be firing round a corner with a smartgun so...] And do you have any thermal camo? Too lazy/busy to check at the moment nyahnyah.gif

Troll is surprised (ah the old ambush technique...) but is a tough fragger, bod 12, armour 12 +helmet 2 +shield 6 -8AP = 24D = 7 hits (8 damage)...not standing (duh!) but also unavailable for a follow up shot!

Yes, as mentioned, was hoping you'd rule the tree branches/trunk as at least partial cover. I have not added those extra dice onto my ranged defense rolls.
Also just to reiterate, if, say, the two extra dice are not ones, then I will no longer have a glitch on that first defense roll, in which case I will use Edge to reroll fails.

Nope, no thermal camo, just Pa's old leather jacket.

Will need to redeclare next two action phases for this turn…

* When the six guys came out of the vehicles, none came out the driver doors, did they?
* Did Al, either directly or through any of Overdrive's drone feeds, ever see what the troll's primary ranged weapon was?
* Not 100% sure, but I am taking it that at this point the six SWAT-ish guys have already made entry and are no longer in sight?

So -
* If there is a visible metahuman target, I will continue aiming and shooting as declared.
* If not, and (reaching and hoping here) the troll's primary weapon skittered into view when he fell, will aim and shoot THAT!
* Otherwise, will delay and take my action BEFORE the troll on any of his passes where he shows his face…or a foot…or a periscope…or a weapon…whatever comes out from behind those cars, I shoot it first.

And to reiterate earlier declaration, Al will use his on-someone-else's-pass free action to Drop Prone the moment he gets wounded (assuming he even has a choice at that point!), which will drop him to the ground.

You've got lots of rolls - let me know if you need more, and of course feel free to modify them as appropriate.
Aria
They all came out in the alley between the two vehicles and headed to the entrance, none are in sight.

Troll's weapon was a combat shotgun, roll a D6, get a 5-6 and it's in sight biggrin.gif
adamu
1d6 → [6] = (6)

Score!

So second action phase will be to aim and shoot his weapon, barring anything horrible and unforeseen happening in the meantime.
justkelly
@Aria - not sure exactly what rolls you'll need for me to get the rest of the bad guys, so here is a bunch - feel free to re-roll any that have adjustments, or to make additional rolls

initiative rolls if I'm there awhile
4d6 +15 → [4,5,3,2,15] = (29)
4d6 +15 → [1,5,3,4,15] = (28)
4d6 +15 → [6,6,3,1,15] = (31)

using crusader (7P) and APDS (-4AP) rounds in SA mode, limit of 7, using pistols skill (started with 40 bullets in clip, not sure how many have been used)
aiming and shooting each target on turn, wanting them all dead before I leave - unless I'm actually about to die, then I'll run
16d6.hits(5) → [5,1,6,2,5,5,6,1,1,4,6,5,4,5,5,3] = (9)
16d6.hits(5) → [3,5,6,3,2,3,5,4,3,6,4,5,1,6,6,3] = (7)
16d6.hits(5) → [2,4,4,1,4,6,4,6,4,6,5,3,2,3,1,1] = (4)
16d6.hits(5) → [2,6,2,6,3,3,2,3,2,1,5,1,6,5,4,4] = (5)
16d6.hits(5) → [1,5,4,3,5,6,3,2,3,1,1,1,6,1,3,1] = (4)
16d6.hits(5) → [2,3,4,3,3,1,5,3,1,3,1,1,3,2,5,2] = (2)
16d6.hits(5) → [2,5,3,1,1,5,3,5,4,5,3,2,5,5,4,5] = (7)
16d6.hits(5) → [3,4,1,3,5,5,3,1,3,6,3,4,4,3,3,3] = (3)

If I take fire, multiple avoid rolls, but I haven't removed any dice if multiple attackers
15d6.hits(5) → [4,1,1,6,3,3,6,3,3,2,2,6,1,4,2] = (3)
15d6.hits(5) → [1,2,2,3,3,5,3,4,5,2,6,1,2,6,6] = (5)
15d6.hits(5) → [4,6,5,4,1,2,6,2,2,4,3,6,5,2,4] = (5)
15d6.hits(5) → [6,4,2,2,5,6,4,3,6,1,4,3,1,5,4] = (5)
15d6.hits(5) → [3,4,4,5,5,2,5,6,2,1,2,3,2,4,1] = (4)
15d6.hits(5) → [4,5,2,6,1,2,3,4,5,3,6,1,1,2,4] = (4)
15d6.hits(5) → [4,3,3,3,6,4,3,4,4,6,5,6,5,2,5] = (6)
15d6.hits(5) → [6,3,1,5,5,4,3,1,3,4,5,1,2,2,1] = (4)

If I take damage, soak rolls
14d6.hits(5) → [4,5,6,5,3,4,1,2,2,6,1,6,5,2] = (6)
14d6.hits(5) → [2,3,2,1,5,6,4,4,5,1,1,2,6,6] = (5)
14d6.hits(5) → [4,6,3,1,2,4,3,3,5,6,3,5,2,6] = (5)
14d6.hits(5) → [6,5,1,5,6,3,3,2,3,6,6,5,3,3] = (7)
14d6.hits(5) → [1,4,5,3,5,1,5,5,6,4,1,1,6,6] = (7)
14d6.hits(5) → [3,3,3,6,5,1,6,1,2,5,4,4,1,6] = (5)
14d6.hits(5) → [1,2,4,5,1,2,1,4,4,5,5,3,4,4] = (3)
14d6.hits(5) → [3,1,5,3,3,5,4,2,3,2,5,2,1,1] = (3)

a couple of perception rolls to keep track of the back guys and if anyone joins in
9d6.hits(5) → [3,2,6,4,5,5,6,5,4] = (5)
9d6.hits(5) → [6,6,3,5,5,3,2,5,5] = (6)

Once people are dead, if I'm still there and not pulled away by the other team needs, I have other plans for these guys.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 15 2014, 03:02 AM) *
Ok. Well, I've been thinking of our problems in a more immediate sense. There's a guy approaching. I have 3 options (that I can see):

1) Draw and wait for him. Intimidate him as he crests the top of the stairs (while pointing my gun at him) to keep him quiet.
2) Turn my back on him. Hope his reaction to the overalls and unusual person is to approach and question me from where I have more options (like taking him out silently)
3) Attack him as soon as I see him, either with a silenced shot or by rushing him.

I'm more inclined to go with one of the first 2.

As for your bit about what to do once we've captured him, I'd go simpler. There's no reason we need this guy to buy an elaborate story because he won't be in a position to do anything/inform anyone anyway. I'd go with a simple interrogation for information on our 3 targets then knock him out - but each to their own smile.gif

@mister Joshua: I am in agreement, #2 is the ideal route, I will drop down and join you, and when whistler comes up to ask the two in workman's coverall what they are doing in this restricted area, we capture him and question him.

The whole reason I came up with that little scenario was to make him think that he was helping the good guys, making him a coconspirator so to speak. People will tell you a lot my more by choice than by threatening them. But if you think its an unnecessary risk at this point, we can go for a more standard shakedown and see how it goes.

(I will delay my discovery until after this scene, (its in her bag in any case.) I will have my IC up shortly.

Edit: I missed Aria's update on us spotting the whistler, (and apparently spotted us...), so an IC on Lany jumping down and joining Jan would now be out of sequence. I will ask my question in a new post so as it will not be overlooked.
Always Overkill
@Drace: I don't know if you have checked your messages, but I sent you a PM asking a few questions I needed answered before I made Clutch's first post. Check it out when you have a chance.

@Aria & CoP: I am with you guys, just having a bit of writers block with how Tresckow would react to this setting.
Always Overkill
@Aria: So we see the Troll spot us, can we still try the route me and Jan were discussing? If we started to walk away does it look as though she would approach us? (She might not be much good for intel as looks like its probably a patient, but we still need to neutralize her one way or the other...)

Edit: I made an IC for Lany jumping down and getting into position alongside Jan, slightly out of sequence, but I figured I would throw it in anyways.
JxJxA
@ Aria/CoP: I hope that the costumes are ok for Gemeaux/Vivienne. I wasn't sure what or how they should look. nyahnyah.gif
Aria
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 17 2014, 05:26 PM) *
@Aria: So we see the Troll spot us, can we still try the route me and Jan were discussing? If we started to walk away does it look as though she would approach us? (She might not be much good for intel as looks like its probably a patient, but we still need to neutralize her one way or the other...)

Edit: I made an IC for Lany jumping down and getting into position alongside Jan, slightly out of sequence, but I figured I would throw it in anyways.

Sequence is fine, and there's no reason why you can't try your plan as long as you aren't waving assault rifles around!
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Apr 18 2014, 04:12 AM) *
@ Aria/CoP: I hope that the costumes are ok for Gemeaux/Vivienne. I wasn't sure what or how they should look. nyahnyah.gif

Perfect smile.gif

Go and check out Earthdawn images on Google for more inspiration! The reason the buildings look Greek is because it never rains underground so no pitched roofs biggrin.gif
Always Overkill
@Aria/COP: Does Tresckow recognize Aria?
And its Bronze Age once inside?

This is going to be a fun post, I will have it up tonight.

Edit: Part 1 complete, Will be making an immediate follow-up where Tresckow joins the scene, in about an hour or so wink.gif
RHat
@LG: Okay, want to confirm the enemy decker's status here - up or down? Additionally, would I be able to retcon in the silencers I forgot to buy?

And for that matter, I don't think I've established the status on the roto-drones at all; how much freedom would I have to declare their position (particularly in context of having been shifting stuff into position to attack before)?
Aria
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 19 2014, 04:05 PM) *
@Aria/COP: Does Tresckow recognize Aria?
And its Bronze Age once inside?

This is going to be a fun post, I will have it up tonight.

Edit: Part 1 complete, Will be making an immediate follow-up where Tresckow joins the scene, in about an hour or so wink.gif

Not sure you'd recognise Aria particularly. Your decker might...
Aria
QUOTE (RHat @ Apr 20 2014, 09:01 AM) *
@LG: Okay, want to confirm the enemy decker's status here - up or down? Additionally, would I be able to retcon in the silencers I forgot to buy?

And for that matter, I don't think I've established the status on the roto-drones at all; how much freedom would I have to declare their position (particularly in context of having been shifting stuff into position to attack before)?

Assume down, silencers are ok smile.gif

Put the drones where you want. Marking them on the map would help me out too biggrin.gif
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Aria @ Apr 20 2014, 06:46 AM) *
Not sure you'd recognise Aria particularly. Your decker might...

Oooooh really, if you have a chance, do tell me what Drave knows about her. By PM if you'd prefer, then I could figure out what Drave would tell Tresckow about her.

Happy Easter everyone!
RHat
QUOTE (Aria @ Apr 20 2014, 06:03 AM) *
Assume down, silencers are ok smile.gif

Put the drones where you want. Marking them on the map would help me out too biggrin.gif

Lynx and Roto-Drones on the map; used grey markers to colour code for drones. Bulldog's there, too, and marked in black to color code for vehicles (based on the outline colour for the Rovers). Moved Overdrive and the Bulldog, too, since he's supposed to be in position to crash through the precuts in the north perimeter fence (pretty sure I've got that right, anyways). Positions are based on the assumption that the tree cover is actually there to keep them out of view. All weapons are configured for stealth at present (silencers instead of gas vents).

Tactical rundown - he's been getting these drones into position to take the Rovers if need be; pretty simple plan really, RD 1 and 2 go for the straight attack on autonomous operation, along with the Lynx which he'll be jumped into, and RD3 is hidden on the other side of the therapy buildings to provide another angle of attack depending on how they respond. RD 1 and 2 are instructed to wait for the Lynx to fire, and then to engage hostiles as they become known. RD3 is awaiting instruction.

VR Initiative for Overdrive: 4d6+9=20 Somewhat disappointing...

And for the drones: 6+4d6=22, 6+4d6=20, 6+4d6=22

And an attack from the Lynx (do I get my smartlink bonus?): Ares Alpha Long Burst; APDS; DV 11P, AP -6, Acc 5(7), Defense Penalty -5, Recoil/Compensation 6/8 (17d6.hits(5) → [1,2,2,2,3,5,5,6,4,6,5,4,4,3,4,3,1] = (5)) (dice pool includes smartlink bonus, but the two dice don't change anything anyways) Okay, I'm pretty sure that hit - and if in fact unaware, that would be a lot of damage he's got to soak... Actually, if he's unaware, can I use the +2 damage option from Run and Gun instead of the defense penalty (Brain Blaster, page 119)?

Alright if I wait on results before posting description?
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (RHat @ Apr 20 2014, 11:55 PM) *
[..snip..]
And an attack from the Lynx (do I get my smartlink bonus?): Ares Alpha Long Burst; APDS; DV 11P, AP -6, Acc 5(7), Defense Penalty -5, Recoil/Compensation 6/8 (17d6.hits(5) → [1,2,2,2,3,5,5,6,4,6,5,4,4,3,4,3,1] = (5)) (dice pool includes smartlink bonus, but the two dice don't change anything anyways) Okay, I'm pretty sure that hit - and if in fact unaware, that would be a lot of damage he's got to soak... Actually, if he's unaware, can I use the +2 damage option from Run and Gun instead of the defense penalty (Brain Blaster, page 119)?

In a local game, GM has background as writer and official SR5 play tester. He says no smartlink bonuses for autonomous drones or jumped in rigger. Smartlink is tied t0o close to natural vision, which is not available in VR. Effectively smartgun system is useless on a drone mounted weapon. Same for laser sight, though personally I could argue that one. I feel the visible dot should provide targeting improvement (as long as the sensors used include appropriate optical imaging). Imaging scope provides normal benefits, though I don't think 'look around corner' SR5p432 applies to anything in a weapon mount.

Other GMs are of course free to rule differently, and new official books might add to or clarify.
RHat
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Apr 21 2014, 11:24 PM) *
In a local game, GM has background as writer and official SR5 play tester. He says no smartlink bonuses for autonomous drones or jumped in rigger. Smartlink is tied t0o close to natural vision, which is not available in VR. Effectively smartgun system is useless on a drone mounted weapon. Same for laser sight, though personally I could argue that one. I feel the visible dot should provide targeting improvement (as long as the sensors used include appropriate optical imaging). Imaging scope provides normal benefits, though I don't think 'look around corner' SR5p432 applies to anything in a weapon mount.

Other GMs are of course free to rule differently, and new official books might add to or clarify.

See, that logic bothers me, because to me it says "give the drone a smartlink" - though the drone/vehicle sensor rules still seem pretty oddly written to me, so I'm not quite sure exactly how that would work.
Aria
QUOTE (RHat @ Apr 21 2014, 07:55 AM) *
Lynx and Roto-Drones on the map; used grey markers to colour code for drones. Bulldog's there, too, and marked in black to color code for vehicles (based on the outline colour for the Rovers). Moved Overdrive and the Bulldog, too, since he's supposed to be in position to crash through the precuts in the north perimeter fence (pretty sure I've got that right, anyways). Positions are based on the assumption that the tree cover is actually there to keep them out of view. All weapons are configured for stealth at present (silencers instead of gas vents).

Tactical rundown - he's been getting these drones into position to take the Rovers if need be; pretty simple plan really, RD 1 and 2 go for the straight attack on autonomous operation, along with the Lynx which he'll be jumped into, and RD3 is hidden on the other side of the therapy buildings to provide another angle of attack depending on how they respond. RD 1 and 2 are instructed to wait for the Lynx to fire, and then to engage hostiles as they become known. RD3 is awaiting instruction.

VR Initiative for Overdrive: 4d6+9=20 Somewhat disappointing...

And for the drones: 6+4d6=22, 6+4d6=20, 6+4d6=22

Well he may or may not be unaware, happy to use the R&G option (old skool BF), smartlinks are targetting data, wind speed analysis etc, not sure why that wouldn't equally apply to a drone?!?

Bod15+min armour 12 (may be more GM based armour added on which I know isn't strictly RAW at the moment...) -6AP, it's still going to hurt! Smoking holes appear in whichever Rover you targetted first...safe to say they are now aware!

@All: Re Run and Gun rules: I propose that we don't use any of the combat rule changes at the moment but I'm happy with the called shot additions and the additional options like Brain Blaster, martial arts etc. Anyone else got a view? I've nearly finished reading it... nyahnyah.gif
RHat
QUOTE (Aria @ Apr 22 2014, 06:41 AM) *
Bod15+min armour 12 (may be more GM based armour added on which I know isn't strictly RAW at the moment...) -6AP, it's still going to hurt! Smoking holes appear in whichever Rover you targetted first...safe to say they are now aware!

I was actually acting on the assumption that the troll was still alive and targeting him - Al might not have an angle on him, but the Lynx has a very different position and seemed like it would, or could get one within walking rate.

As for R&G, some of the rules, like the grenade defense stuff, do seem very necessary. I've only given it a cursory look so far, though.

And as for the smartlink: Where, then does the smartlink need to be? Implanted in the character? Part of the drone's sensor package? If the latter, does it count as implanted or external for purposes of the wireless bonus?
Aria
QUOTE (RHat @ Apr 22 2014, 01:59 PM) *
I was actually acting on the assumption that the troll was still alive and targeting him - Al might not have an angle on him, but the Lynx has a very different position and seemed like it would, or could get one within walking rate.

As for R&G, some of the rules, like the grenade defense stuff, do seem very necessary. I've only given it a cursory look so far, though.

And as for the smartlink: Where, then does the smartlink need to be? Implanted in the character? Part of the drone's sensor package? If the latter, does it count as implanted or external for purposes of the wireless bonus?

The troll will be a more difficult shot as he's prone between the Rovers, not impossible, but also now very aware that combat is going on! I'll have a look at this when I get home this evening and amend as needed...the Lynx may need to break cover (or at least come to the edge of it) to get a shot...

EDIT: Looking at the map the Lynx is currently behind an outbuilding but I'll assume you can be positioned off its southern corner. The troll will have cover, his shield, and a bucket full of injury mods! ...so, let me know if you want to take that shot instead, you will take him out of the picture with that shot so I've no problem with that. Al has nuked his gun so he'd only be sucking his thumb anyway nyahnyah.gif

Regarding smartlinks: I'd say they have to be in the eyeball so in this case the drone sensor suite. I'd count the VR version as implanted as the info is going directly to your brain (otherwise I can't really see the difference between a smartlink there and in a pair of glasses / contacts)...! Remember though, what works for you also works for the foe ork.gif
justkelly
@LookingGlass

I feel like my posts are not very descriptive or as dynamic as others. Please bear with me.

While I can visualize the guard station, I really don't know where the other "bad guys" are in the room, so my last post was just keep shooting - boring, but I'll get the hang of pbp writing soon.

@LocknLoad/Drace

Are we going to move the game forward without the other active players?
Drace
@L&L:JustKelly

Yep! Just waiting for iverkills post, and then were going forward. Missing players will be NPCd as background until their return/replacement
Vegas
Can someone do me a solid and link me to the maps for LG please? My brain is melting trying to dig through threads. Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, I found.. finally smile.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Apr 22 2014, 05:33 PM) *
Al has nuked his gun so he'd only be sucking his thumb anyway nyahnyah.gif

Coolness.

Didn't know that was resolved yet - will get it up.

I'll wait to declare my third pass action until we see what happens in the intervening time.
RHat
QUOTE (Aria @ Apr 22 2014, 10:33 AM) *
EDIT: Looking at the map the Lynx is currently behind an outbuilding but I'll assume you can be positioned off its southern corner. The troll will have cover, his shield, and a bucket full of injury mods! ...so, let me know if you want to take that shot instead, you will take him out of the picture with that shot so I've no problem with that. Al has nuked his gun so he'd only be sucking his thumb anyway nyahnyah.gif

Hm... I'd been figuring the troll as still a threat... Not sure now...
mister__joshua
I have a reply ready to go but it kinda depends on us getting surprise on the whistling Troll girl. Is that too much to assume?

edit: As in, she approaches us but isn't ready for what I'm about to do...
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 24 2014, 10:34 AM) *
I have a reply ready to go but it kinda depends on us getting surprise on the whistling Troll girl. Is that too much to assume?

edit: As in, she approaches us but isn't ready for what I'm about to do...

Hopefully the IC gives you some options to act...?
QUOTE (RHat @ Apr 24 2014, 09:09 AM) *
Hm... I'd been figuring the troll as still a threat... Not sure now...

Well he's not dead so still counts as a threat, he can still do stuff even with wound mods and no primary weapon, I've left it to you to decide...the drone racks are a bit of creative licence at the moment, three each just felt like a good number smile.gif

@LG: sorry it's a bit brief but I don't want to step too hard on anyone's toes. I'm sort of fudging through the initiative but rest assured I will do my best to keep it fair while still keeping the story moving along...
mister__joshua
@Aria: Could you add Jan to the list of characters on the first page please. I can't remember where I put him biggrin.gif

edit: He's 2/3rds of the way down page 35
mister__joshua
Initiative = 18

Attack Roll = 5 hits

Damage = 11(+net hits)P
Always Overkill
Initiative: Crap lost link to the first roll: it was two 1's so: 12

Attack: Shock Hand to the chest. 4 Hits

Damage 8S +hits
Always Overkill
That should put her down; but, Mr. Joshua, had you thought that we now have to drag her unconscious form to GOD knows what closet to keep her out of sight?
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 24 2014, 01:57 PM) *
@Aria: Could you add Jan to the list of characters on the first page please. I can't remember where I put him biggrin.gif

edit: He's 2/3rds of the way down page 35

Done!
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 24 2014, 05:16 PM) *
That should put her down; but, Mr. Joshua, had you thought that we now have to drag her unconscious form to GOD knows what closet to keep her out of sight?
Unconcious form??! Damn! She's into physical damage overflow there (I'm assuming that rule was carried over from SR4?!?), I can look up the rules and make any rolls later but she's well and truly out for the count, broken bones, scorch marks - hope you feel good about yourselves ork.gif

quiet insertion...mission accomplished lol
adamu
right play by my count - the inside team's current advantage of being undetected trumps all else

plus you guys are giving new meaning to my post header!
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 24 2014, 05:16 PM) *

Hey, I'm thinking on my feet here! biggrin.gif

Tbh though I thought if there isn't an empty room immediately available I'll just stuff her back up the vents wink.gif

@aria: Did my elbow put her down before the shock hand? If so is she dying?

@adamu: glad you liked it! biggrin.gif
Always Overkill
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 24 2014, 01:02 PM) *
Tbh though I thought if there isn't an empty room immediately available I'll just stuff her back up the vents wink.gif

You did catch the part where she is a troll, right?

In all seriousness no worries, just struck me as a funny complication that goes with knocking her out.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Apr 24 2014, 07:49 PM) *
You did catch the part where she is a troll, right?

In all seriousness no worries, just struck me as a funny complication that goes with knocking her out.

Yeah. I equated young and female to mean smaller than an average troll. I imagined body 5 or 6. I have strength 8 so I reckon I could do it smile.gif
Aria
@Tribes

Adamu has kindly agreed to take over as GM temporarily to run Steamer's abduction. I think he intends that Frizzen will meet up with Tyro and Umi's new characters at the mall and they will have leads but I'll leave it to him to explain. I will probably bow Cam/Lady boy out for now but Briar will be available if you want matrix support!

Enjoy!
Aria
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Apr 24 2014, 08:45 PM) *
Yeah. I equated young and female to mean smaller than an average troll. I imagined body 5 or 6. I have strength 8 so I reckon I could do it smile.gif

That's about right. There are empty rooms on your right...
adamu
@LG - my third-pass shot will be a called shot at the fuel tank of the closest Rover. Run & Gun doesn't allow for anything as fun as a spectacular explosion automatically, but it will at least screw with the vehicle - and all that leaking gasoline can't make the troll or anyone else around there feel very safe!

Still taking one aim for one extra die, but you'll have to take six dice off that third roll.
adamu
QUOTE (Aria @ Apr 24 2014, 11:22 PM) *
@Tribes

Adamu has kindly agreed to take over as GM temporarily to run Steamer's abduction. I think he intends that Frizzen will meet up with Tyro and Umi's new characters at the mall and they will have leads but I'll leave it to him to explain. I will probably bow Cam/Lady boy out for now but Briar will be available if you want matrix support!

Enjoy!

@Drace - will have an IC for you in the Tribes thread in about 24.

@Umi and Tyro

Sheets look good, and I am getting a good sense of the characters' backgrounds from your discussion.

Umi - you mention your sheet is possibly not final…?

Also, any further background is not required but very cool - the more I know, the more I can tailor subplots to your characters.

@Any other would-be Tribespersons -

In the spirit of Aria's open door policy on the campaign, I will be happy to take new runners into the game mid-stream.

@All new players-
shall we say until early next week for the initial group's sheets to be finalized, and I will open doors into the IC from there?
adamu
@Tribes -

okay, since Umi and Tyro are saying their sheets are basically ready, no need to wait until next week.

Aria has answered the question on contacts.
My impression from your chat on backgrounds was that Umi and Tyro's characters were not yet members of either Tribe, but either way it doesn't really matter.
If you are taking a Tribal contact, let me know who that is when you can.

Drace/Umi/Tyro - if you will indulge the tiniest bit of railroading just to get the initial three "team members" synced up in an orderly manner -
I thought at some point reasonably soon Friz might find his way to the "scene of the crime" and look for leads.
Umi and Tyro's characters (together? separately?) will have already been there and been witnesses (choose your own reason for not having intervened). Then you can work out your own reasons IC to work together, and off we go - end of railroading.

So Drace, post away.

Umi and Tyro, if you will each post ICs of yourselves doing whatever it is you might be doing at the crime mall at around 1315ish, somewhere at least in sight of the mid-level, then I will IC what you see, and then you can encounter Friz after that.

And don't forget that Aria will be playing her character Briar as a Tribes support decker, so that resource is there.
RdMarquis
@LG Sorry for vanishing on you guys like that. Had to fly to Tir Tairngre on school business. I'll get back to posting tonight.
mister__joshua
I've posted IC asking a couple of question

1) Is the troll girl dead?
2) Who is she?

Also, does she have anything else on her that may be deemed 'useful'

What is this room I'm in?

Cheers
Always Overkill
I suppose the main question I need to ask is what is on her ID card.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012