Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
adamu
Oh, I should have added:

Al never views AR unless explicitly stated.

He's done his best to erase all tags on everything he owns, with the exception of whatever might be the minimum legal requirement for vehicles.

Thanks!
Drace
Heyo, just realized that there was only really Aria's characters in the freedom tribe, yet a few characters in the Mechanicals. Any chance I could send Bandit to the reserves and bring out a former corp-sec decker who's working towards membership with the Freedom tribe? Essentially a prodigy decker who was part of a MCT program tracking technos and other emerged entities, subsidiary was liquidated with all records of personnel existing deleted. Survived through fluke with a deck, te corp ware installed in him and nothing else. was introduced to Freedom and started helping them to repay the damages he did while with MCT as well as to survive (use to be sheltered, hence the lack of, or weak non-decking skills). (better background still being worked on)

[ Spoiler ]

Also, took an extra 4 karma in negative qualities for the characters sake and to detract a bit from any strengths
Aria
@Tribes:

Good stuff on the IC guys!, sorry I've been out of it, will try and pick things up towards the end of this week / beginning of next!
Machine Ghost
@Tribes

Oyl took the opportunity to do a visual inspection, sensors scan that does not need to be right in your face, plus assensing check on ‘Old Al’. She now has a fairly good idea about the cyberware, and his general state of health. She has also deduced that while he is somewhat dirty from recent events, and generally careless about appearance, he is not really filthy in the way that could cause health issues for himself, or those around him. The assensing showed enough to make her suspect, but not be sure about, the adept abilities.

She also noted that Al looked at the physical signage, not the ARO that hovers 'above' the food processor.
Machine Ghost
@Adamu,Tribes

The amount is Low Lifestyle, with Extra Secure option split by 4 weeks.  The Apt. is not really up to full low lifestyle, but see this [and later] IC.

I can speed this along, or you can chat with Clack while heading to the 'rental', with or without detour to pickup the bike.
Here is where Clack was a couple of years ago. He still has trouble staying quiet.
adamu
@Machine Ghost

First week paid.

Thanks for the background link on Clack. That was fun. Long-term development of NPCs! Wow.

Anyway, no doubt he and Al could talk for hours, but I am just going to IC into the new digs. Simply itching to get to a place in the thread where I feel Al has a base from which to be mobile.

That done, will be happy to chat with any compound denizens when not off on errands.

Machine Ghost
QUOTE (adamu @ Jan 18 2014, 01:45 AM) *
..snip..
Thanks for the background link on Clack. That was fun. Long-term development of NPCs! Wow.
..snip..
That done, will be happy to chat with any compound denizens when not off on errands.
More like grabbing an opportunity to use something that was already half thought out.

Info about the tribes living spaces from that chat with Clack.

Only food available at the soup kitchen.  No smokes, beer, or any other 'incidentals'.  That said, those living on site can put an order in for normal stuff, to be picked up on the next supply run.  Oyl is willing to provide what 'necessities' she can through the kitchen, but is not going to supply non medicinal drugs of any form.  That is well publicized locally.  One less reason for the gangers to think about doing a raid.  The soup kitchen is mostly open 24x7, but it is likely to be self-serve off hours, with the cameras/sensors keeping watch to avoid various 'issues', including by tribe members looking to grab extra snacks.  Abuse of privileges could get the kitchen shut down, so the place is mostly self policing.  People that 'need' the place take exception, and trouble makers tend to have 'accidents'.  To also not provide tempting targets, it is all 'eat in'.  No take out / care packages are provided.  No reason for the more violent barrens scavengers to ambush people leaving.  They mostly go in empty handed, and leave the same.  Weapons allowed, but don't flash it inside.  Sensors are likely to notice heavily armed people, especially groups, and bring quick attention.  Oyl talks to many of the people coming through the soup kitchen when she can, but spends a lot of time on the clinic side, as well as making a lot of the policy decisions for the tribe, and talking to outsiders about what the tribe needs to get, and can supply.  She is currently the main local resource for healing, including magical.  Some of the street people come to the kitchen somewhat regularly, but often just to talk.

Repeat of what you probably saw elsewhere: several garden / greenhouse spaces on building roof/top floor.  Living spaces mostly 2nd floor, shop spaces on ground floor.  What is not in the older information, is that basement [and lower] is used for infrastructure, like backup generators, water storage systems, HVAC equipment, etc.  Krill and mycoprotein is also grown and processed in lower levels.  Various shops for aeronautics, automotive, industrial mechanic work, not so much nautical since they have no easy access to a waterway.  Electronics (Hardware) too.  It takes a lot of skill and work to keep everything running [true, but also deliberately 'advertised', so outsiders do not think they could kick the tribes out and just take over all of the benefits from the work put into things.]

Bit works out of the 'command centre', and organizes most of the maintenance priorities, though he does move around a lot.  Nimbus is there too, and handles the security side for people, sensors, matrix.  They have their own node that Clack is quite proud of.  Technopunk themes that many of the tribe contribute too, even if they do not have the skills to do it themselves.  They have some 'people' that are good with that.  [He means Fre∑dom, but since they want to stay as hidden as possible, he does not say that.  He chatters, but he is also discrete about things he knows are not to be broadcast.]  The node will have information about the products and services the tribes can provide from the tech scavenging, repurposing, repairs, as well as some from the gardens and the steampunk work.  A more private side also contains the regular work schedules, including school time [general education home schooling plus technical, and some artisan for technopunk/steam punk], some tribe news, and project signup.  There is also weapons and combat training available.  Clack actually likes the schooling.  He is still interested in *almost* everything.

That seems like enough chatter, even for Clack, while getting the bike to the apartment, and belongings upstairs.
JxJxA
Did Circle of Power die? frown.gif
Always Overkill
I don't think so; my character is done and ready to walk in once a few background details have been clarified.

Aria has just been super swamped with work in RL, when last we spoke a couple days ago.
JxJxA
That's good to hear. I'm anxious to see what everyone's reaction to Angelique's mad dash will be. nyahnyah.gif
adamu
@Machine Ghost - thanks super much for the info dump.
You guys have really built something here, and this will really help newcomers to the thread like me colour within the lines when we post.
Much appreciated.
Aria
QUOTE (JxJxA @ Jan 20 2014, 12:16 AM) *
Did Circle of Power die? frown.gif

No, sorry, just my free time I can allocate to RP at the moment frown.gif

I hope the other players are still about otherwise Overkill is about to inject himself into the mix so perhaps you can both interact while I get work sorted out and can pick things up again?!?
adamu
@Aria, Machine Ghost

Was going to post Al returning to compound/next morning, but noticed that would push the date forward to 2 August, whereas there seems to be a lot of activity still in 1 August.
Should I hold off?

Barring a wandering monster attack, next post will be Al taking a look around the place, getting a feel for what sorts of things are available there.

For each, I would be interested in whether I should interact with GM/NPC, a particular PC, or just IC through and mark the cred off my sheet.

Things he will have an eye out for:

Clinic - can they add features to existing cybereyes/do they HAVE such things as low light, flare comp, etc?

Availability of workshop space, esp. automotive? Used or new/stolen vehicles?

Availability of goods for purchase (heat lamps, terrariums)?

Someone that does fake IDs/licenses?

Just one of the above to start with would be great, if you could point me in the right posting direction.

Thanks!

Machine Ghost
@adamu,

I think I can cover all of them.  Post some IC to get things started.  Don’t worry about getting a little out of time sync.  Unless you need to connect with a specific [N]PC, or are dependent on what they are doing.

What time you thinking to be back at the compound?  I have a piece in my head for Clack when he can catch you at the apartment (or wandering around depending).  He can have security/patrols notify him (text message) when they spot you getting back.

Clinic: Oyl, and fraid not in the current setup.  No cybertechnology skills for upgrades like that.  When Patch gets settled in, looks possible.

Workshop space: not generally available to non-affiliated, but if you ask around, others have the space, and might 'rent' you a bay.  On a time schedule where Al would be somewhat supervised.  Unofficially.  The patrols or others are likely to just 'drop in' to kibitz, or 'looking' for the owner.  Clack could help with that.

General Goods: Bit, or ask around.  You will get pointed at the matrix node for what is currently on hand.  Non-speciality, just mark off the cred.

Fake papers: Fre∑dom does the work, Nimbus at the security centre is the obvious contact.  Fre∑dom does not advertise their presence, and it is not obvious that Nimubus belongs with them, other than the name is not as ‘Mechanical’.  Al is new, and unaffiliated.  Asking around will get someone to admit they know someone, and will pass the message along for Fre∑dom (without mentioning the name) to make contact back.  Most of the Fake SIN work that Fre∑dom does would be through a fixer.  Potentially, the fake SIN acquired at the docks could have been done by them, even if Hun Sen did not know it.  Sticking to the matrix, no names or faces are needed for a lot of transactions.  Drop boxes that change regularly help maintain privacy.  I'm thinking that after you ask around a bit, Al is going to 'find' a message just appear on his commlink with no sender information.  Or better, a Mechanical he is currently talking to will get a call, to tell you to go look at the commlink.  If the commlink is up enough to take a call/message, they have the skills to [virtually] take it apart and put it back together without Al noticing.  Side note: Al may not know it, but he has a bit of an in with Fre∑dom.  The contact Silk is their contact, which got Al in the door to start with.

Clack actually works to get information about most of that, depending on the timing.  He is being 'home schooled', heavy on matrix classes except for the technical skills the tribe can teach, and has regular chores/work/practicum, but he does have some flexibility to shuffle things around.  As long as he does not get behind, or miss a face time class, where someone will have to take notice.  Not mentioned IC, but Oyl could use him to keep closer tabs on Al initially.
adamu
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jan 22 2014, 02:32 AM) *
What time you thinking to be back at the compound?  I have a piece in my head for Clack when he can catch you at the apartment (or wandering around depending).  He can have security/patrols notify him (text message) when they spot you getting back.

@Machine Ghost - thanks once again for the huge wealth of info. With this I can really get to work.

However, if you have a piece in mind, I am more than happy to play. So I'll just post Al's return, then fire away!

Heads up, of the previous laundry list, the most important things are (1) an additional ID/licenses, and (2) a Gaz P-179 (Gopher equivalent). But with the ID, I can go buy a truck off a lot, so mainly after the ID.

And three big terrariums. Are those "common"?
JxJxA
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 21 2014, 10:07 PM) *

I hope the other players are still about otherwise Overkill is about to inject himself into the mix so perhaps you can both interact while I get work sorted out and can pick things up again?!?

Ah, ok, no worries. Totally understand. Good luck, and hopefully we can start it up again. ^_^
Machine Ghost
@Drace, <from Tribes recruitment thread>

Frizzen has an Armorer’s Shop and the skill. Fine to do the fancier rounds too. You are not pressed for time. The difficulty (threshold) SR5P48 is going up a little, which will slow things down some, but not prevent it. FYI, I am in general familiar with the terminology for today’s guns/rifles/ammo/rounds/reload/brass/slugs/rifling/etc. My own early background plus a relative that is an enthusiast that had a complete shop in the basement. I had to be a bit careful with the post by Oyl, since that is not in her area of knowledge.

As long as you are not going crazy the high availability things, your contact has what you want, and you can pick it up when convenient IC. With the difficulty keeping everything in sync with this sort of PBP, it is normally a matter of marking the Nuyen off, and continuing. When useful for IC, the hard to come by gear that your contact has been looking for, for weeks, finally became available.

@adamu,

Given what is old/obsolete/ancient/antique with the tech in the game world that bare bulb would be at least what today would be a brand new LED bulb. A working incandescent bulb would probably we worth some Nuyen to a collector.

Dumptruck: Troll, [at least] Automotive Mechanic, Clack’s father, though Clack did not mention that.

Generally, if I can think of an excuse for the tribes to be using it, legal gear will be in inventory. More can be in the rebuilt and for sale site. Otherwise it can be requested, and the next supply run will pick it up. Those are a bit irregular, but never too far away when something is needed. Just for IC, could have them gone already, and comm them to add something last minute. As seems appropriate, just IC it and mark the cost off.

That was fun. Time consuming, but fun. Full members would get 20% discount off list for the gear. Al is not there though, so standard list. Not used price, or quality either, unless you want. It is shown as refurbished/rebuilt, but that is just for IC. Unless specified (when purchasing) it is equivalent to new quality.

You should have lots to just run with IC without needing any GM input. Or post actions and wait for NPC response as fits. I have some other things that need some attention RL, so those posts of mine better slow down. No more posting books for awhile. Unless I think they are needed of course cool.gif
adamu
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jan 23 2014, 09:32 AM) *
Given what is old/obsolete/ancient/antique with the tech in the game world that bare bulb would be at least what today would be a brand new LED bulb. A working incandescent bulb would probably we worth some Nuyen to a collector.

True that! Heck, nanny state I live in, I can't find a working incandescent bulb TODAY!

Was afraid the post would come off wrong - the "bare" and "hanging from the ceiling" part were just to reflect the no frills nature of the place. The "dim" bit was because Al would probably use the dimmer to make the lighting kind of low and gloomy.
None of that seemed very poetic to explain, but I can certainly see how it came off a bit anachronistic, especially in a tech-savvy space like the Mechanicals compound!

adamu
@Machine Ghost

Yikes!

That was some macho posting, dude.
I will indeed have more than enough to go on for posting.
And far more options now than i even have the budget for at the moment (just like RL).

I shall get to work, that your labor be not in vain.
adamu
@Machine Ghost\

Have marked off Y17,400 for R6 fake ID and R6 shotgun and hunting rifle licenses.
Do they let me know how long I'll have to wait?

@Anyone

If any PCs or NPCs feel like running into Al at breakfast for some IC chat, more's the fun.
Or, anytime as he goes about errands in the compound or even in his apartment.
Always Overkill
Posted my character introduction to the CoP thread, it is him outside before the ceremony, meeting with his team while in their armored transport. Gives basic introduction to a few of his Staff. (Entourage)

I will have his first interaction with the rest of the group up this afternoon, where he will be approaching Baron Herbert, Gemeaux, and the Compte right when their discussion is heating up. Looking forward to the intrigue!

Also regarding Tribes: I am gonna hold off introducing my characters into Tribes. With CoP, Looking Glass, and now Nothings Free in the Free Zone, I am a little more swamped than I intended to get. I will see how the pace of things keep up
over the next few weeks, and be more able to see if joining the Tribes game is feasible timewise. If you want my Medic Darbis to join up in the background, helping Oyl with the clinic, which would give him a very basic background of working
with the Tribes and add depth to the game as an NPC for the time-being, that would be fun. But I don't think I will be able to throw myself into the mix for a little while yet.

So its up to the GMs on whether you would want me to hold off on any introduction or would just like to insert him in the background for later development.
Drace
Wow overkill that's kinda, well overkill (yes I think I am funny, and no the realization that I'm not hasn't fully dawned on me yet).

And sorry all for te slow posting, busy week at work and at home. Got some aquisitions for Frizzen I will post here, some through his contact and others he has made (all at cost, just for flavour)
[ Spoiler ]

@Machine

Thanks for the help with how it will work! Only planning to make simpler stuff for now, maybe save up karma for a specialization (ammunitions) and ten use that to produce ex and apds rounds. And to be honest I know jack squat about ammuntion, bullets and guns. Downloaded a book about it a researched it on the way to work before writing that post haha. Also with the Distilling kit Frizzen is making/buying, it's not going to be for production and selling it more for personal use and experimenting.

Bandit is also going to summon an air spirit, got the rolls here:
[ Spoiler ]
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Drace @ Jan 24 2014, 03:26 PM) *
Wow overkill that's kinda, well overkill (yes I think I am funny, and no the realization that I'm not hasn't fully dawned on me yet).

I have similar difficulties with my own swing and miss humor. Perhaps the revelation of our lack of comedic grace will come to us in time.

First CoP posts are up!

Hope I wasn't too direct.
Machine Ghost
@adamu,

Since a rating 6 Fake SIN (and matching licenses) is availability 18F, I am going to make Al wait a full day to get them. RAW SR5p518 says 2 days based on the cost.

@Drace,

Regular dice rolls on invisible castle for Shadowrun work better when you include ".hits(5)" after each dice count. Combining multiple related rolls as you have done is good and still works. The equivalent rolls would be 6d6.hits(5);3d6.hits(5);13d6.hits(5), instead of 6d6;3d6;13d6. For bandit and a force {b]“4”[/b] Air spirit, that should actually be 6d6.hits(5);4d6.hits(5);13d6.hits(5), for the summoning test, spirit resist, and drain resist. Unless there is something I am not aware of that gets 1 die less than usual for summoning Air spirits. The chargen information says mentor spirit, but does not show which one. The background information seems to say Raccoon, but that does not exist in SR5 yet. Nothing else I see looks likely to change the spirit dice pool.
Summoned spirits, force 3 or higher, get at least one optional power. That was not specified.
It is nice to put enough of a comment in the Invisible Castle roll to show what it is for. For this, something like "Summon; Air Spirit(4)+{specific optional power} resist; Drain resist".
Instead using the base link to show the rolls in dumpshock, the BBCode works with simple cut and paste. The second roll would then look like:
6d6=21, 3d6=9, 13d6=47
An example from Oyl is:
summoning(3)+magic(2)+mentor(2)+edge(3)-wounds(1) vs plant(5)+Noxious Breath; drain resist WIL(5)+INT(4); pool for exploding 6’s (9d6.hits(5)=6, 5d6.hits(5)=2, 9d6.hits(5)=2, 8d6.hits(5)=2)
I usually edit that to paste in the raw dice rolls as well so:
summoning(3)+magic(2)+mentor(2)+edge(3)-wounds(1) vs plant(5)+Noxious Breath; drain resist WIL(5)+INT(4); pool for exploding 6’s
9d6.hits(5) → [5,5,1,6,5,5,5,4,4] = (6)
5d6.hits(5) → [6,1,5,4,1] = (2)
9d6.hits(5) → [1,6,1,4,4,3,1,3,5] = (2)
8d6.hits(5) → [2,1,1,4,6,1,4,6] = (2)

That example was using edge, which is why the 4th roll in the set for the exploding 6’s.

Have to introduce Frizzen to Boiler. Earlier IC had him running a micro-brewery, for some 'quality' real beer. If the flu did not get him.
adamu
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jan 25 2014, 11:15 PM) *
@adamu,

Since a rating 6 Fake SIN (and matching licenses) is availability 18F, I am going to make Al wait a full day to get them. RAW SR5p518 says 2 days based on the cost.

No worries - heck, that is generous!
Thanks!
JxJxA
@ AO: Saw the post, and I'll get a reply ASAP.
mister__joshua
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 21 2014, 01:07 PM) *

I'm still here, just less frequent. I've been checking in once a week or so to see if there was any movement, but haven't had time to kick it on or post properly myself frown.gif

Now I see there are 2 new posts I'll try and get up to date over the next couple of days smile.gif
Always Overkill
QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jan 27 2014, 05:41 AM) *
I'm still here, just less frequent. I've been checking in once a week or so to see if there was any movement, but haven't had time to kick it on or post properly myself frown.gif

Now I see there are 2 new posts I'll try and get up to date over the next couple of days smile.gif

Jump on back in!

Should be lots of fun coming up; Tresckow will finally get to meet the infamous Johnny Awesome.
Drace
I didn't know about the hits option being on Invis, haven't used it in a few years, thanks for yha. An it was supposed to be 4, I just stewed up. Raccoon is just trickster/raven from the core book, and totally forgot to list the extrabpower. Kinda on my c game the last few days, daughter has croup so things got a bit hectic yet again. And will do the comments now too smile.gif

The optional power was for fear. Did you want a reroll with the proper dice?

And didn't know bout boiler, that would be a great source for how Frizzen got his assistance with making the distillation equipment, as well as training him in brewing as he works of Distilling harder stuff. Primarily going for weak (non lethal) Hurlg, essentially synth-ahol distilled with lots of nutmeg, cinnimen and other spices.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Drace @ Jan 27 2014, 09:57 AM) *
I didn't know about the hits option being on Invis, haven't used it in a few years, thanks for yha. An it was supposed to be 4, I just stewed up. Raccoon is just trickster/raven from the core book, and totally forgot to list the extrabpower. Kinda on my c game the last few days, daughter has croup so things got a bit hectic yet again. And will do the comments now too smile.gif

The optional power was for fear. Did you want a reroll with the proper dice?

And didn't know bout boiler, that would be a great source for how Frizzen got his assistance with making the distillation equipment, as well as training him in brewing as he works of Distilling harder stuff. Primarily going for weak (non lethal) Hurlg, essentially synth-ahol distilled with lots of nutmeg, cinnimen and other spices.
No need to reroll. Not being that sticky, especially when general content, not a 'planned' encounter. Would be good to include the mentor spirit details in the character information post (both the RAW, and your usage). Also should have the mentor spirit bonus being used. You do not get to have BOTH the Magician and Adept bonuses. You get the "all" set, plus one of the other two. SR5p320 last paragraph.

Here is the Earliest IC for Boiler I know about (near the end). The beer is a minor export for the tribe, plus local usage. AFAIK, I did not even specify a metatype for him. Other references where indirect. Just Sprogget mentioning that one (not specified) tribe member was producing 'real' beer, and that there was some in the fridge back at the shop. Let’s say he is human. Base tribal skill is Industrial Mechanic, which seems to be a reasonable base for the brewery. He is also involved in the tribes local food production. Specifically the Mycoprotien, which SR4 RC 150 says uses resources similar to fermenting beer.

Your latest Tribes IC post has some problems with missing closing spoiler tags instead of closing color tags.
Drace
That's what I get for typing everything on my phone and then posting it. Will fix the tags and post bandits character sheet up proper (have his mentor spirit and which opyion, Magician, listed there). As well as update frizzens.

Aswell I may have to have him start mentioning Boiler then if that's okay. As for the skill, would you prefer Industrial mechanic or artisan? I originally sent with artisan because I saw cooking under there.
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Drace @ Jan 27 2014, 05:13 PM) *
That's what I get for typing everything on my phone and then posting it. Will fix the tags and post bandits character sheet up proper (have his mentor spirit and which opyion, Magician, listed there). As well as update frizzens.

Aswell I may have to have him start mentioning Boiler then if that's okay. As for the skill, would you prefer Industrial mechanic or artisan? I originally sent with artisan because I saw cooking under there.
Technically I guess both work. The industrial mechanic seems the right skill to build/maintain the equipment used. Artisan would be for the style/quality of the product. Sprogget has Artisan for the steampunk, but mixes that with the mechanic skills to actually build things. Mechanic to know how to join/weld/bolt things, Artisan to make it look good. Boiler is not 'reserved' for my or GM use, so sure. Someone else brought Dumptruck in, and I expanded on that.
Always Overkill
I wanted to make an actual sheet for Tresckow, I know it won't see much use in CoP, but I would like to have it just for reference.

Should I use the Prime Runner rules where you choose priority A twice and no E? (He is a mundane so you wont have to worry about any crazy magical power)

Obviously money isn't an issue.

Note: Copied from CoP Recruitment thread.
Aria
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Jan 28 2014, 12:24 PM) *
I wanted to make an actual sheet for Tresckow, I know it won't see much use in CoP, but I would like to have it just for reference.

Note: Copied from CoP Recruitment thread.

And replied to there! Let's keep OoC here though from now on, save on threads...same goes for Looking Glass, might as well move that here so that when the IC goes live we're all in the same place! smile.gif
Aria
@Looking Glass

QUOTE (adamu @ Jan 27 2014, 06:38 AM) *
This is all brilliant.

As an added twist, try to choose a doctor with skills that could be useful in the future, and keep hold of his personal info.
Then we'll have a line on an unemployable and desperate doctor.
Good future resource.

So as the plan takes shape, how much stuff (hacking, scouting, etc.) are we supposed to ACTUALLY implement?
My impression, and I could be wrong, is that we are supposed to simply make the plan and present it in broad strokes to Aria, who will then base the "mid-run start" on that.
Is that right?

Yeah, don't worry about the specific details too much...it will all have gone to hell in a handcart about three posts in anyway ork.gif

So, going in as HVAC repair - no problem, LeFey or perhaps one of Silk's contacts set you up with the appropriate work orders. As luck would have it there's been ongoing problems so it isn't a stretch to believe you'd be called back. You even have a record of their contractor and can impersonate their vehicles / gear for going in!

Let me know what you want to do about social engineering anyone and the kind of intel you wanted...as I said there's high staff turnover and interward shuffling for some reason

QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Jan 25 2014, 04:19 PM) *
I am pretty sure the mole is already chosen, it is a "willing" individual, however much that means, so sadly I doubt we will be able to do the two for one.

I know we have the exterior map, but do we have any maps of the floorplan inside?

What level of security does the facility have, both physical (number of guards on duty) and electronic/matrix security?

The mole is Monsieur Collot (LeFey will recognise him...) a TM from the Fre∑dom tribe (sorta), strange he's leaving behind his 5 year old son...anyway...he matches closely enough with one of the extraction targets, but you'd need to overcome his French accent somehow if you want to go that route...I agree, elegant!

I haven't created a floor plan, but assume you have access to one! Security is subtle but omnipresent, every room, corridor, toilet etc...these people are scrutinised at all times. The ward staff will all be trained as 'gaurds' but no firearms on ward. Maybe the odd taser / stun baton in the nurse base and heavier stuff in the main security area. Electronic is where most of the security lies. Cameras and sensors. None visible from the 'public' host so presumably either hardwired or on an internal network. Expect wifi inhibiting paint (or similar), can't have the patients communicating with the outside world now, can we?

QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jan 26 2014, 02:19 AM) *
Again, spitballing.

Dr. From weekend crew checks them in (not really). Same doctor gets discovered stealing morphine and is fired. New patient is checked in with no one actually working at the facility having met them. Lots of hacking, but doable.

Drz

Good plan!
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 28 2014, 08:35 AM) *
@Looking Glass

Yeah, don't worry about the specific details too much...it will all have gone to hell in a handcart about three posts in anyway ork.gif

"No plan survives first contact with the enemy"- Heinz Guderian, Generaloberst, 2nd Panzer Division

and another that applies

"It has been my experience that plans are useless, but planning is essential."- Dwight D. Eisenhower, General, Supreme Commander of Allied Forces
-might be paraphrasing a bit on this one; and Guderian's is a translation.
DrZaius
Is this the OOC thread we're supposed to be posting to?

smile.gif
Aria
That it is biggrin.gif

Just prefix your post with @Looking Glass etc so that we can follow who needs to read what!
adamu
@Looking Glass

GREAT - this shouldn't take too much longer (as measured in PbP time).

So, going in as HVAC repair - no problem, LeFey or perhaps one of Silk's contacts set you up with the appropriate work orders. As luck would have it there's been ongoing problems so it isn't a stretch to believe you'd be called back. You even have a record of their contractor and can impersonate their vehicles / gear for going in!

I say - DONE. Any other thoughts?

The mole is Monsieur Collot (LeFey will recognise him...) a TM from the Fre∑dom tribe (sorta), strange he's leaving behind his 5 year old son...anyway...he matches closely enough with one of the extraction targets, but you'd need to overcome his French accent somehow if you want to go that route...I agree, elegant!

Voice modulator seems like a straightforward fix. Essence low, but would he be willing? Skipping bird calls and other stuff and just going for a plain American West Coast standard accent should only take a R1, but that is still Y5,000. Could be a big chunk of our pay (or DO we get paid in a game where we score Y1,000/IC post?).
Support on such an idea from the Johnson?
Thoughts from the team? I stand by this as a good idea, and obstacles are there to be overcome…

As for turning a doc, GM seems to think it is doable plan - do we have to DO it, or take it as read going in?

Since the nitty gritty on this one is going to come in the "second half" of the run, the pear-shaped half, two major decision we need to make.

(1) Who goes in, who stays out?

I suggest
IN
LeFey
Ali Moneaux
Lany
Bolo
Violet
OUT
Al
Nikki
Wreck (are you still with us, Chance?)

That would make us outside-light, but we also happen to be face-heavy/combat-light.

(2) Getaway

I suggest two vehicles - always good for both a back up and to split up when pursued.
Al is likely to outside, and will have a truck.
Other vehicles/drivers?

Finally and most important, all of this is only meant by way of suggestion.
I am not married to any of it.
Just working to organize our collective discussion into something concrete to jump off from, as group planning in PbP is a serious pain to finalize.

Always Overkill
QUOTE (adamu @ Jan 28 2014, 06:07 PM) *
@Looking Glass

Voice modulator seems like a straightforward fix. Essence low, but would he be willing? Skipping bird calls and other stuff and just going for a plain American West Coast standard accent should only take a R1, but that is still Y5,000. Could be a big chunk of our pay (or DO we get paid in a game where we score Y1,000/IC post?).
Support on such an idea from the Johnson?
Thoughts from the team? I stand by this as a good idea, and obstacles are there to be overcome…

As for turning a doc, GM seems to think it is doable plan - do we have to DO it, or take it as read going in?

Since the nitty gritty on this one is going to come in the "second half" of the run, the pear-shaped half, two major decision we need to make.

(1) Who goes in, who stays out?

I suggest
IN
LeFey
Ali Moneaux
Lany
Bolo
Violet
OUT
Al
Nikki
Wreck (are you still with us, Chance?)

That would make us outside-light, but we also happen to be face-heavy/combat-light.

The Voice Modulator may be an issue as the Mole is a TM, they hate having any tech implanted (not sure what the penalties would be for a temporary one he could take out after the job.) I like the idea otherwise, hopefully the Mole will be game for the idea.

DEFINITELY got my support with the "turning a doc" part of the plan; but he will have to see from Aria if it is something we would have already done or would still need to do when we kick off.

Our group is Face-heavy/combat light. But many of our Faces can also hold their own in a fight (Lany certainly can), or bring other skills to the table. Being outside-light is probably for the best, when the drek hits the fan its good that most of us will start inside. It would be more of a headache if over half the team had to find/fight their way in when things go that lovely shape of Pear.

Plus Al, Nikki and Wreck are all our very best fighters, and having you on the outside means you can be directed to the areas where your combat prowess will most need to be brought to bare.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (adamu @ Jan 28 2014, 06:07 PM) *
@Looking Glass
(2) Getaway

I suggest two vehicles - always good for both a back up and to split up when pursued.
Al is likely to outside, and will have a truck.
Other vehicles/drivers?

Finally and most important, all of this is only meant by way of suggestion.
I am not married to any of it.
Just working to organize our collective discussion into something concrete to jump off from, as group planning in PbP is a serious pain to finalize.

Lany can't drive yet (has no car, too young to get a license). but we may even want to consider having 3 vehicles. The 3rd is entirely redundant, but could be invaluable should something take one of our primary vehicles out of the equation.

But great job collecting the dispersed details from the various threads and putting together a summarization of the plan.
Aria
I leave the decision on whether you've already turned a doc beforehand up to you - you've had enough prep time to get an 8 person team in place, relevant gear etc for your plan. Bear in mind though that turning beforehand had better be damn tight otherwise you are opening yourselves to more risk!

Couple more things I need from you:

What time of day are you inserting (bear in mind it's summer so light evenings!)
What sort of gear are you taking in? Some concealable weapons in your HVAC repair kit is fine...assault rifles will need more thought! I suggest respirators are a good idea (gas systems are likely)

Silk will have provided you with a patented wifi bridge, a pair of drones that run a fibre optic between them. One stays outside the wifi deadzone and lo and behold, you have matrix access where you shouldn't!
Always Overkill
Timewise, I think an evening shift (7-11PM) would give us a good long window before the hustle of the early morning shift starts.

Gearwise: At most I would need a couple pistols, my SMG, my lockpicks... actually that's pretty much all the gear she has. She is new at this. Will her chameleon suit fit fine under the HVAC cover-alls we will be wearing?

You mentioned Matrix Access, what about regular comm-link ability? How well will be able to stay in contact with eachother?
Machine Ghost
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 29 2014, 06:45 AM) *
..snip..
Silk will have provided you with a patented wifi bridge, a pair of drones that run a fibre optic between them. One stays outside the wifi deadzone and lo and behold, you have matrix access where you shouldn't!
A fibreoptic link would be a physical cable. You probably meant the equivalent of the SR4 Beam Link UW51. Either Laser or Microwave UW199, AR58.
adamu
Lany can't drive yet (has no car, too young to get a license). but we may even want to consider having 3 vehicles. The 3rd is entirely redundant, but could be invaluable should something take one of our primary vehicles out of the equation.

More is always better on vehicles, but at the moment not really sure how we'll get past just the one.

For the outside team, not convinced Chance is still with us (though I hope I am wrong), and Nikki does not seem to have a car. Al's truck will have limited interior seating, so someone on the inside team may have to pony up their vehicle (or just join outside team).

Aria
QUOTE (Machine Ghost @ Jan 29 2014, 07:18 PM) *
A fibreoptic link would be a physical cable. You probably meant the equivalent of the SR4 Beam Link UW51. Either Laser or Microwave UW199, AR58.

Nope, I meant a physical cable...avoids problems of LOS through an air duct! Mini drone outside with the real, micro drone on the other end... beam would work too (LOS for laser), or simply dropping RFID tags to form a mesh.

Commlinks use the matrix, no matrix connection, no talking to anyone outside! Not sure on the science but SR2 had microwave 'radios' for communications. Presumably higher frequency than matrix traffic??? Not sure how those would be affected by wifi inhibitors??? Happy to assume microtransceivers use microwave (it's in the name nyahnyah.gif)

I can give you a GM vehicle if you are struggling (hell, the transport ambulance is a freebie, why not a getaway car too?) biggrin.gif
adamu
@Machine Ghost

Reviewed the posts, but wasn't crystal on whether Al should talk to Bit or Dumptruck about the Gaz. Either way, I am happy to IC-lite my way through the purchase, but of course you may want to post for them…
Whichever works for you.

Al will be hoping to pay extra if it is possible to toggle the truck's registration signal between his two IDs.

As for the work space I mentioned before, now that I am thinking about it, Al won't really develop the time and energy for that until, um, we get some 5e crunch on vehicle mods. So tabled for now.
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 29 2014, 05:55 PM) *
Commlinks use the matrix, no matrix connection, no talking to anyone outside! Not sure on the science but SR2 had microwave 'radios' for communications. Presumably higher frequency than matrix traffic??? Not sure how those would be affected by wifi inhibitors??? Happy to assume microtransceivers use microwave (it's in the name nyahnyah.gif)

Perhaps we should invest in some microtransceivers; I would feel a lot better if we could remain in comm with each other.
adamu
I definitely agree with the microtransceiver suggestion, especially since GM has indicated they will work.

No real point in inside and outside elements if not in constant contact.
justkelly
I found an error in my character sheet resources, so I've updated it. Not sure where to put it, so linking here.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?page=view&a...AAH7-NuDXg5qiL8

If there is a better place, just tell me.

I didn't buy a transceiver, but I have eyes and ears, so I can get one with starting nuyen. They are cheap @ 100/per.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012