Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2075: Stormy Waters
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
Umidori
Shall I be the first player to post to the IC thread? Already got one banged out, ready to put up. nyahnyah.gif

~Umi
Slacker
QUOTE (Umidori @ Jul 24 2013, 12:07 PM) *
Shall I be the first player to post to the IC thread? Already got one banged out, ready to put up. nyahnyah.gif

~Umi

Post away.
AlDaRoN
QUOTE (Umidori @ Jul 23 2013, 02:26 PM) *
Waitaminute...

William "Preston" Drest
Bill "Preston" Drest
Bill Drest "Preston"
Bill S. Preston

Most excellent.

~Umi

[img]http://i.imgflip.com/2lg5f.jpg[/img]via Imgflip Meme Maker

Hahaha

To be honest it was unintentional but now I can't avoid thinking of my char like Bill!
Sunshine
@FastFoodFight:Margins
My Decks ASDF is 3565 (which is default unless I say otherwise). Default Program Load is Browse, Edit and Toolbox.
I wanna do a Matrix Search for the Fratelli Family, Moxie Hampton and a general search on Hamptons Holistic Helthcare.
I'd treat the Moxie Hampton and the Holistic Healing Search as a general knowledge item and the Fratellis as a Limited Interest Item.
Int 5 Computer 6 Data Processing 6[7]
@Slacker
I don't know yet how much "fluff" I am allowed to invent. I try not to draw any conclusions out of it but when I start to make up to many "Facts" you dont like reign me in and I'll edit them out again.

love,
Sunshine
horvagab
One thing before I post... can anyone give me a quick rundown on which color is used for what kind of talk? Please include codes as well, I'm partially color blind.
Sunshine
QUOTE (horvagab @ Jul 25 2013, 12:31 PM) *
One thing before I post... can anyone give me a quick rundown on which color is used for what kind of talk? Please include codes as well, I'm partially color blind.

Anything spoken should go in "quotes" and I like the colour Cyan
If the dialogue is in any language other than English use red
Conversations over your comlink are in "quotes" and yellow
Text messaging and emails are in orange, but italicized and wrapped in <<angle brackets>>
Internal monologues or thinking are tan and italicized

Click on the Quote Button and Copy/Paste the codes into a word processor... I recommend the use of a offline word processor and then copy your post. More than once I had some forum/Internet connectivity issues and a 1 and 1/2 hour posting went down the drain.
Slacker
@FastFoodFight:Sunshine
Do you want me to roll those Matirx searches for you? You would roll Computer + Intuition [Data Processing]
Moirdryd
Okay, edited my sheet so the numbers are right (and the init calculations have changed and are legal instead of the numbers I had put up).
Aria
I've also made some tweaks to Swift, they will show up in her sheet now, still got some nuyen to spend but probably not enough so may need to consider tweaking things a bit more nyahnyah.gif

On timeline: I'm thinking that Game Face will be set around July, hot and humid Seattle to nicely show off the of the dark shadows ork.gif

I will hopefully get the first IC post up at the beginning of next week!
Aria
QUOTE (Slacker @ Jul 24 2013, 05:48 PM) *
Sorry, I should have thought about that. Yeah. that is fine with me though it doesn't let me edit the thread title.

If you edit post one can't you change the title? Thought I'd done it before...?!?
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 26 2013, 12:35 AM) *
On timeline: I'm thinking that Game Face will be set around July, hot and humid Seattle to nicely show off the of the dark shadows ork.gif
Dog's gonna smell great then - like wet...something smile.gif
Umidori
Like wet soy-silk? wink.gif

~Umi
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Umidori @ Jul 26 2013, 01:05 AM) *
Like wet soy-silk? wink.gif

~Umi
Exactly! smile.gif
Slacker
QUOTE (Aria @ Jul 25 2013, 10:37 AM) *
If you edit post one can't you change the title? Thought I'd done it before...?!?

Honestly, I thought I'd done it before too, but when I try to do it now, it doesn't show the title or subtitle as editable.
Umidori
@FastFoodFight

Is it bad that I'm already thinking up increasingly elaborate and tricky ways of handling this first run and we haven't even finished the opening negotions with the Johnson? nyahnyah.gif

~Umi
Aria
QUOTE (Slacker @ Jul 25 2013, 07:08 PM) *
Honestly, I thought I'd done it before too, but when I try to do it now, it doesn't show the title or subtitle as editable.

If I edit the first post of this thread the title and sub title both look editable...?!?
Umidori
Wootz is attempting to recall any information he may already know about the Fratellis, specifically locations where they frequent.

Seattle Knowledge 2 + Intuition 4 = 6 Dice

[5,5,5,3,4,3] = 3 Hits

~Umi
horvagab
QUOTE (Umidori @ Jul 25 2013, 11:43 PM) *
@FastFoodFight

Is it bad that I'm already thinking up increasingly elaborate and tricky ways of handling this first run and we haven't even finished the opening negotions with the Johnson? nyahnyah.gif

~Umi

Seems perfectly legit.

Gentry's probably thinking what to do if the Johnson doesn't pay nyahnyah.gif
Branmac
QUOTE (Umidori @ Jul 25 2013, 04:43 PM) *
@FastFoodFight

~Umi

Not at all. I for one find it reassuring.
Sunshine
QUOTE (Slacker @ Jul 25 2013, 05:39 PM) *
@FastFoodFight:Sunshine
Do you want me to roll those Matirx searches for you? You would roll Computer + Intuition [Data Processing]

@Slacker. I'd like you to do the dice rolling purely out of practicallity. (I'd like to have a say if spent edge on a roll or glitch). You have as the GM a better understanding of the situation and modifiers and you can write up effects right away. In a face to face game I'd insist on rolling as much as possible myself but here I think it is easier if you'll do it. I am after all interested in the outcome not in the rolling.

love,
Sunshine
Aria
With the resumption of normal DS service I've posted the first IC thread for Game Face <<Here>>

I've also linked Slacker's Fast Food Fight IC at the beginning of the OoC thread.

@Slacker: I want to make a few more tweaks to Swift and write up her 20Qus, will hopefully have that all done before any actual rolls need to be done smile.gif
Moirdryd
Ironically, I will be going dark from this time tomorrow onwards until sunday evening (yay LRP event smile.gif )
Moirdryd
Okay posted an opening IC thing, with the assumption from whats been said already we have at least a working knowledge of each other.

Tide has his Commlink Online and broadcasting his FakeSIN (Augustus Constantine) complete with an AR overlay making him out as a massive "Sapphire: Shadowrunner for Hire" and "Karl: Kombat Mage" Trid fan. He'll even drop the nuyen to have the latest release of the franchises running on his AR.

His way in will be aimed at a mix of his "Fanboy Authentic Shadowrunner" garb plus his knowledge of both Securicorps and Tir Society to help getting past the front desk and up to the meet.

He's carrying no guns at this time, but does have his sword with him, which he immediately offers to be "checked" at the desk/security point and kept safe at the appropriate place (for valuables or guest luggage ect) as it's a "movie replica" but really inconvenient to carry around.

Umidori
Has Slacker been spotted lately? Do we need to send out a rescue team? nyahnyah.gif

~Umi
Slacker
QUOTE (Umidori @ Jul 31 2013, 12:47 PM) *
Has Slacker been spotted lately? Do we need to send out a rescue team? nyahnyah.gif

~Umi

Sorry. I'm here. Dumpshock was down for me both Monday and Tuesday and then today my company has decided to do a major re-org. So everybody is running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Haven't had much time to look at the forums. Gonna try to catch up real quick and post some stuff up for everybody.

edit: and of course as soon as I posted that I got pulled into another meeting with multiple new managers trying to figure out what the re-org will mean for me. bleh. I'll post as soon as I can guys.
Slacker
QUOTE (Sunshine @ Jul 25 2013, 03:05 AM) *
@FastFoodFight:Margins
My Decks ASDF is 3565 (which is default unless I say otherwise). Default Program Load is Browse, Edit and Toolbox.
I wanna do a Matrix Search for the Fratelli Family, Moxie Hampton and a general search on Hamptons Holistic Helthcare.
I'd treat the Moxie Hampton and the Holistic Healing Search as a general knowledge item and the Fratellis as a Limited Interest Item.
Int 5 Computer 6 Data Processing 6[7]
@Slacker
I don't know yet how much "fluff" I am allowed to invent. I try not to draw any conclusions out of it but when I start to make up to many "Facts" you dont like reign me in and I'll edit them out again.

love,
Sunshine

Seems like Invisible Castle likes you (Data Search Rolls)
It takes you about 7 minutes to pull up info on the Fratelli Family...They seem to be an extremely small (and possibly inbred) family within the Seattle Mob. Seems like the most stick the protection rackets hitting local businesses for money. You find several posts from shadowfolk making fun of the the Fratelli's, and Vic Fratelli in particular for doing stupid shit. By all accounts, its a minor miracle that Vic is able to manage to hold onto any kind of business.

You spend 10 or 15 minutes looking up info on Moxie Hampton, but you really don't find much of anything. Some message boards she frequents talking about random teenager drek. If you were wanting to know the latest gossip at her high school, your wish was granted in this search. Everything you see says she's a typical teenager. Living life oblivious to the truths of the shadows.

You almost instantly pull up general information on the Hamptons Holistic Healthcare facility. Its a sole propriotership owned by your Johnson on this mission. Seems like its been in the business for a number of years, neither doing extraordinarily well, nor all that bad. Though in the last month or two it's had a number of things go poorly for it, a distinct drop off in business after a few supplier problems as well as some faulty merchandise that caused more harm than good.

Trigger
Starting Nuyen: Starting Nuyen (4d6=15)x100 + 345 = 1845 nuyen.gif
Moirdryd
Okay guys, I'm going to be offline in six hours until Sunday night GMT. Will try and post via phone if I have connection and time but if not assume that Tide will be a quiet presence in the meeting and slightly restless.
Aria
Just got a complimentary PM about the Game Face IC - keep up the good work folks, I love the tone we are setting!
Thanee
Ah, it's up. Good to know (as in, I totally missed that smile.gif).

Oh, I really should finish my character then (Contacts and Background)... embarrassed.gif

Bye
Thanee
Trigger
Oh, unless otherwise stated, my deck loadout is:
Attack 3
Sleaze 6 (7)
Data Processing 5 (6)
Firewall 5

Programs: Browse, Toolbox, Virtual Machine, Baby Monitor, Stealth

Also, my deck is running silent and I am carrying my commlink which is displaying my R4 Fake SIN (Andrew Cohen). The Ares Predator is running silent as well and is slaved to my deck and my commlink is slaved to my deck as well, although the commlink is active.
horvagab
Huh. I managed to make a magician character without Assensing. That's a bummer...
Umidori
Nothing stopping you from being really good at slinging spells, but really crap at reading auras. nyahnyah.gif

"What was that thing? A spirit? Some sort of Paracritter?"
"Uh... well... judging by it's aura..."
"Yeah?"
"It was... umm... alive?"
"..."
"Look man, I'm not a friggen expert at this! It had an aura that looked kind of blue with swirly bits on the side where it shifted to gold and orange flecky bits. What do you think that indicates?"
"Wow, you're really some mage, huh? I'm so very glad we took you over that dwarven voodoo weirdo."
"Yeah, let's hear you say that next time I save your ass with a well placed lightning bolt!"

That said, I'm pretty sure you can still adjust your character sheet. Take a few skills points out of something else, slap 'em in Assensing, and let Slacker know about the modification, should be good.

~Umi
Moirdryd
Okay, back from Larping. Lets get this show on the road.
Umidori
I'm beginning to suspect I'm not cut out for the pace of PBP games.

*surveys the groove he's worn in his floor by pacing*

~Umi
phlapjack77
QUOTE (Umidori @ Aug 5 2013, 05:32 PM) *
I'm beginning to suspect I'm not cut out for the pace of PBP games.

*surveys the groove he's worn in his floor by pacing*

~Umi

whoop whoop whoop whoop whoop! </homer>

(yeah, I'm right there with you)
Branmac
It is often tough and slow getting things rolling. It looks like a good cast of characters have come together, and we are at the point where things start happening. I am looking forward to seeing what happens.

*slides the rug over the pacing groove to hide it*
Aria
We'll pick things up - work has been manic for me, plus reading rules and trying to plug a few things together. Things also tend to pick up again once the holiday season is over. Both Food Fight and Game Face have some interesting times ahead I think biggrin.gif
Sunshine
The Computer and its certain demise in the most unwelcome of Moments.
In am writing this from my Smartphone so you guys know why I am taking my time. @slacker All well for your reorg! @foodfight Team sorry i am back asap!
Umidori
Quick question for my crew. Is Wootz troubling any of you with his attitude at all thus far? Specifically his flippancy, irreverance, and general "idiotic" shenanigans?

I ask because while I'm having fun playing up the fact that he's, as I put it in his summary, "almost dangerously laid back", I'd like to measure the reaction to this sort of tone. Do you guys like the contrast between Wootz' seeming unprofessional attitude and those of his more serious companions like Gentry? Rest assured, he's not an actual idiot. He may not know much fear, but he knows a bad thing when he sees it, and he may not always act like he's competant, but when the drek hits the fan he comes through with what needs doing.

I just want to make sure he isn't infuriating any of you guys - although I'm fine if he infuriates your characters. nyahnyah.gif

~Umi
Branmac
So far no problems with Wootz at all. We have worked together in the past enough to know he isn't a total space case and can hold up his end, even if we don't know him well. That covers a lot in character. Out of character, as long as you don't make a steady habit of destroying any chance of success in every job or setting, I am cool. More character for the character is a good thing, no?
Umidori
Don't worry, my interest in asking is more from a storytelling and roleplaying point of view. As a player, the last thing I plan on doing is sabotaging missions just for drek and giggles.

Of course, where thematically and mechanically appropriate, Wootz will act in less than professional or ideal ways in cases the other characters might wish he hadn't. The biggest example is his Code of Honor: if it comes down to a fight, Wootz will sometimes walk right up to his opponent and challenge them. In other situations where we're obviously outgunned and in supreme danger or a fight breaks out without warning, he will of course just dive into the fray without ceremony, but he'll still avoid sneak attacks or attacking unarmed opponents if at all possible.

A somewhat less common example of "stuff the team might wish he hadn't done" is speaking out of turn or without proper respect - except in situations of obvious need for proper Etiquette, like dealing with a room full of Yakuza pointing guns at us. However, if it's just a lone Yakuza soldier or two without drawn weapons, Wootz might say something stupid and piss them off from time to time. He's laid back enough to cause mild trouble when he doesn't purposefully hold back (via Composure Checks if necessary), but he and I won't let it go much further than that, and certainly not to the point of making a run turn south.

And then of course there will be the mild annoyances and stupidities, like his stopping mid-escape to admire something like a rare flower growing from a crack in the sidewalk, and then having to book it to catch up with the team when a bullet flies past his ear from behind. The end result isn't any different than if he hadn't stopped for those few seconds, but I feel it adds some flavor to things and it would definitely be the sort of thing he as a character would do.

So far, I think Struts and Margins are gonnna be the characters who get along with Wootz the best to start with, while Gentry is prolly gonna be put off by his unprofessionalism. Either way, it'll be fun roleplaying both aspects!

~Umi
horvagab
Wooz's attitude is no problem for me. Truth be told, Gentry's general attitude is a far cry from what I usual play, so I'm feeling her out. I'm thinking her own professional attitude will hold out for a while. She might, heck, will berate Wootz for his unprofessionalism, but I think her superiority complex took a beating when her family had to leave all their money behind, and she's forced to to do grunt work (in her eyes).

I'll try to bring her prejucide out to play sometime, but I think that will be a difficult RP challenge for me.
Aria
And after a quick tweak to Swift she's now got Dragon [Cat] as her mentor spirit which might throw up some interesting interactions when she wants to play with her prey smile.gif

Yep, interesting times biggrin.gif
Archmike
Hey guys I'd really like to join in this but I've never done anything like this so how do i even get started? How does it work? Is there a thread somewhere that tells me how to play? spin.gif
Umidori
@Aria

That'll definitely rub Wootz the wrong way. biggrin.gif

He'll kill guys he thinks need killin', but if you've got a poor bastard beat on the floor with a couple bullets in them and you start "playing around" by snapping fingers one by one or something, he's gonna take offense. Which should be fun! ork.gif

Of course, the same act for a different reason - like trying to get information we need ASAP or innocent people are gonna die - Wootz would probably actually start offering advice and assistance.

@Archmike

I could have sworn there was one, but I can't find it. Rules are semi-standardized, really up to the GM, so if you have a game with open recruitment and the GM says "Sure, join up!", you can just ask them what their preferred posting format is and they'll let you know, often via PM.

~Umi
Aria
QUOTE (Archmike @ Aug 6 2013, 10:49 AM) *
Hey guys I'd really like to join in this but I've never done anything like this so how do i even get started? How does it work? Is there a thread somewhere that tells me how to play? spin.gif

Stick up a character sheet and 20 questions. Then we can slot you into the Game Face IC thread as a latecomer if you like? Posting conventions vary but from my point of view, as long as it's clear then I don't mind smile.gif
Aria
@Slacker: finally completed a version of Swift I'm fairly happy with smile.gif she's got the start of the 20qus on the second tab too! Will try and complete this week.
Slacker
QUOTE (Aria @ Aug 6 2013, 07:47 AM) *
@Slacker: finally completed a version of Swift I'm fairly happy with smile.gif she's got the start of the 20qus on the second tab too! Will try and complete this week.

Looks good to me.
Archmike
Ok here's "Mr Smith" an Elven Black Mage/ Face

[ Spoiler ]

20 questions
[ Spoiler ]

Rolls
[ Spoiler ]

Hope i did this right ^_^
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012